[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it me or does Netflix suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: electricity.jpg (102 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
electricity.jpg
102 KB, 1080x1080
They don't have much of a good selection movies. Most of the movies I am in the mood for watching aren't even on there. And I like a lot of classics. Movies like Die Hard, Bonnie and Clyde, 12 Angry Men, Casablanca, The Hunt for Red October, JFK, Schindler's List, etc.

But they have all of these movies which me or no one I know has even heard of, and some of them are quite bad and unwatchable. I saw Asian School Girls, which is on there all the time, and it is without a doubt, one of the top five worst movies I have ever seen. And a lot of movies on there are like that.

But if you want to find more well known movies, that are more than 10 years old, good luck.
>>
>>71167713

It's a 10/10 idea with good infrastructure and execution.

But jackshit for actual content worth looking at.
>>
Get their DVD service. It has most of the classics and harder to find stuff.

The streaming service doesn't go nearly as deep, but it is great for binge-watching, so, it's all in what you're looking for.
>>
Their streaming selection has dropped significantly in the last few years due to shifting their focus towards original content. Shrunk by a third in two years, in fact.

http://qz.com/646874/its-not-your-imagination-us-netflix-has-a-much-smaller-selection-than-it-used-to/
>>
Their price is going up for hd and 'ultra hd' streaming and their UI fucking sucks

Also not enough shows to binge watch
Peaky Blinders is their only good originalthat I've seen
>>
Netflix is shit. They make easily consumable original content that is shallow and thin so people can easily marathon half a season in one sitting. They 'launched' themselves with a shitty lesbo prison drama, a worse-remake of a classic british show, and an abysmal additional season of one of the funniest and most unique network comedies, and somehow people fell for the Netflix meme.
>>
File: 1465532573678.png (311 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1465532573678.png
311 KB, 900x702
>tfw my free month ends in 3 days
>>
Their shows are better than anything on tv currently. Their movies suck, but it's not their fault, it's the greedy hollywood jews who don't want people watching their shit for cheap instead of buying it. That's why they have no choice but to make original content.
>>
It's not just you. Netflix is fucking awful now. None of their original content is worth watching, let alone paying for.
>>
If you want better Netflix just install Popcorn Time
>>
>netflix doesn't have good mov-
>>
>but netflix doesnt have good movi-
>>
>>71168855
>>71168897
it's funny because those movies suck
>>
its sad when a shitty streaming site has more of a wide variety than a paid subscription service.

>primewire
>>
>>71168929
>winter sleep
>bad
plebbit
>>
Jauja
Uncle Boonmee
White God
Tabu
La Sapienza
Ilo Ilo
Stray Dogs
Two Days, One Night
About Elly
Punch Drunk Love
Hard to Be A God
Upstream Color
Ida
Like Someone in Love
The Piano Teacher
Mauvais Sang
Boy Meets Girl
Holy Motors
I Used to Be Darker
Winter Sleep
Funny Games
The Duke of Burgundy
A Girl Walks Home Alone at night
Gomorrah
All About Eve
Venus in Fur
Kagemusha
Lawrence of Arabia
Nostalghia
Young Girls of Rochefort
Sunset Boulevard
Force Majeure
3 Women
Russian Ark
Baran
Samsara
Naqoyqatsi
A Summer's Tale
Out 1
The Assassin
Horse Money
The Forbidden Room
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Taxi
Victoria
>>
>>71167713
>Movies like Die Hard, Bonnie and Clyde, 12 Angry Men, Casablanca, The Hunt for Red October, JFK, Schindler's List, etc.
holy shit get some taste fucking retard /v/ tourist

Jauja
Uncle Boonmee
White God
Tabu
La Sapienza
Ilo Ilo
Stray Dogs
Two Days, One Night
About Elly
Punch Drunk Love
Hard to Be A God
Upstream Color
Ida
Like Someone in Love
The Piano Teacher
Mauvais Sang
Boy Meets Girl
Holy Motors
I Used to Be Darker
Winter Sleep
Funny Games
The Duke of Burgundy
A Girl Walks Home Alone at night
Gomorrah
All About Eve
Venus in Fur
Kagemusha
Lawrence of Arabia
Nostalghia
Young Girls of Rochefort
Sunset Boulevard
Force Majeure
3 Women
Russian Ark
Baran
Samsara
Naqoyqatsi
A Summer's Tale
Out 1
The Assassin
Horse Money
The Forbidden Room
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Taxi
Victoria
>>
>>71169285
why did you just post that guy's list again
>>
Literally nothing from the IMDB top 250 is there.

Except for Quentin Tarantino films.
>>
Exodus
>>
Hulu has so many Criterion kinos its amazing
>>
>>71167713
Competition.

It might rebound a bit when the Disney library hits. But honestly, it's going to have a tough go the next couple years with everyone and their mother (think most the big name stations) launching streaming services and monopolizing their own content.
>>
>>71169285
I Just Discovered Sight & Sound: The List
>>
>>71172884
"I just got here from /v/" the anon
>>
>>71167713
>Asian School Girls

Fucking Asylum. Those asian "actresses" were 30 years old and ugly as shit. Really niggers? You couldn't find three teenage Asians that didnt look like the sweep the floor at Panda Express for a living? YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB.
>>
>>71168955

muh niggah
>>
>>71169086

plebshit
>>
>>71167713
Nah, it's you who sucks. There is a lot of things to watch.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.