[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pitch ideas for S3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 22
File: truedetective.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
truedetective.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
pitch ideas for S3
>>
michael shannon and jake gyllenhaal root out old god cultists in the mountainous south
>>
State troopers or FBI in North/South Dakota or perhaps Alaska.

Plot involves Native Americans folklore, maybe skinwalker legends.

Depicts the absolute desolation and poverty of life on reservations.

Teasing at supernatural but never fully going there.
>>
>>71164205
came here to post this, alaska is the best setting.
>>
Bring back Daddario and let her have nude scenes.
>>
There's a big faggot on the loose and it turns out to be OP
>>
There's a big faggot on the loose and it wasn't caught, though many tried
>>
>>71164329
FROM MY MUSTY GAY SON
>>
>>71163346
Michael Shannon.

>muh dick

Fund it
>>
>>71164205
Basically Fargo season 2
>>
>>71163236
Something involving systemic corruption in LA
>>
2 old ass guys
>>
>>71164433
go on
>>
>>71164457
they're black
>>
File: Hacтoящий Детектив.jpg (126 KB, 615x707) Image search: [Google]
Hacтoящий Детектив.jpg
126 KB, 615x707
>New england or Pacific NW-Alaska scenery
>some maybe yes, maye not supernatural shit happening
>Some small closed mindset town vs big city dynamic, making a difference with the previous seasons
>>
>>71164457
i'd cast some 2 old forgotten but great actors and that's all i got really
>>
>>71163236
shot, directed, and made the same way as zodiac
>>
More hard nosed materialism like S2. Less of the mysticism of S1.
>>
>>71164640
Opposite of this.
>>
>>71164457
one works for the CIA, the other is a big city detective. they are forced to work together due to how muddled the case is, and CIA might not be trustworthy.

i'm thinking of a Dantes Inferno vibe, with CIA being more of a Virgil character.
>>
File: Highway_of_Tears.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
Highway_of_Tears.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2848
British Columbia
Sam Rockwell, Jake Gyllenhaal, Adam Beach
Corruption, native reserves, rampant poverty, and its connection to the abuse of power/money in the lower mainland
Use of native myth and legend (Monsters, Snow Spirits, Ice Cannibals, etc.)
>>
all black cast
>>
File: screenshot_5.png (249 KB, 517x360) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_5.png
249 KB, 517x360
>>71164797
You stole my idea! Give it back!
>>
>>71164873
it would have to be called true criminal if that happened
>>
File: 1464047538344.jpg (36 KB, 498x651) Image search: [Google]
1464047538344.jpg
36 KB, 498x651
>>71165045
>>
more Rust or nothing
>>
>>71164958
Man, I don't care who claims the idea, as long as it gets made. I spent a big chunk of my childhood living near the Highway of Tears, and I've been fascinated with it since then.

That, and once you get out of Hongcouver, BC is gorgeous to look at.
>>
A homicide detective decides to forgo his case work and spend all day on 4chan
>>
File: 1453604241954.jpg (13 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
1453604241954.jpg
13 KB, 285x287
>>71165045
>>
all female cast, /tv/ is the killer
>>
>>71165132
Vancouver would be nice if it wasn't full of the coldest people on the planet
>>
Set during a harsh winter in Cleveland, interspersed with flashbacks. Steve Carell plays a former detective who got tired of the violence and drug abuse in his increasingly corrupt homicide department, now living a spartan and almost Buddhist life of sobriety, drinking a lot of tea and caring for his wife who suffers from early onset dementia.

A makeshift brothel in town is massacred by masked men with shotguns. Homicide department, led by Carell's former partner Matt Dillon, is first on the scene, ready to treat it as an open-and-shut case. David Oyelowo, a vice detective, arrives on the scene because the establishment was connected to an ongoing vice investigation. Oyelowo is in the midst of the rampant corruption and debauchery Carell escaped, and is trying to conceal from his colleagues the fact that he is HIV positive. It becomes clear that something is wrong with the homicide department, moreso even than the rest of the police.

Meanwhile, the sole witness who escaped the brothel massacre, an underage prostitute who was saved by Carell when she was younger and he was still a cop, shows up at his home. This gets him involved in the case as well. Oyelowo splits off from the homicide cops, especially the menacing Dillon, and traces the witness to her hideout. He teams up with Carell; hilarity ensues. The season is framed by flash-forwards to Carell and Oyelowo struggling to make a trek through a blizzard in the wilderness, with Oyelowo suffering from his symptoms and Carell suffering from a gunshot wound.
>>
>>71163236
HBO people pls go and stay go
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Killing_Fields_(location)

The Texas Killing Fields is an area bordering the Calder Oil Field, a 25-acre patch of land situated a mile from the stretch of Interstate 45 known as the "Highway of Hell" because of its high rate of traffic accidents.[1] Since the early 1970s roughly 30 bodies have been extracted from the towns around the Killing Fields, mainly consisting of young girls.[2] Despite exhaustive efforts by the Texas City Police with the assistance of the FBI, very few cases have been solved. Furthermore, many young girls have disappeared from the area, their bodies, if deceased, still missing.

The fields have been described as "a perfect place [for] killing somebody and getting away with it."[2] After visiting some sites of the recovered remains in Texas City, Ami Canaan Mann, director of the film The Texas Killing Fields, commented, "You could actually see the refineries that are in the South end of Texas City. You could see the I-45. But if you yelled no one would necessarily hear you, and if you ran there wouldn’t necessarily be anywhere to go."[3]
>>
>>71165045
Racist detected
>>
>>71163236
"How about we don't?"
>>
>>71163236
Make deadwood again
>>
>>71164225
>>71164205
Alaska would be dope

Like Fargo but smaller and more isolated and therefore creepier
>>
>Traue & Collins both get fully naked.
>Supernatural heavy.
>>
>>71165598
That's pretty interesting.

This or Alaska with Native Americans and shit.
>>
>>71163236
Marionettes.
>>
>>71163236

Portland Oregon. First half of season they're looking for a mystery serial killer. Half way through evidence starts disappearing from the evidence room and they realize it's someone inside the department and they all slowly lose trust and get paranoid to the point where they start waterboarding/enhanced interrogating each other to find out who did it. Meanwhile all the evidence keeps disappearing as new victims turn up. Eventually they just arrest the edgy declasse hipster faggot turned detective protagonist to use him as a scapegoat and close the case and none of the murders are ever resolved.
>>
>>71164205
Fuck Yes!
Have this badass fucker from Longmire possibly or possibly not conjuring Wendigos.
>>
>>71165739
lol
>Called TRUE Detective
>>
>>71165807
>>
Dominic west and Danny devi to.
The middle of Idaho
Retired detectives working as repo men find body in car with no skin or some shit.
>>
>>71165754
Oh also McConeughey says he wants to play Rust again, we know Rust has lived in Alaska, Rust interacting with highly spiritual natives could be interesting.

In fact I think this is the only sequel story I could accept, Rust retires to Alaska, is living out a peaceful life alone, mysterious shit starts going down on the local reservation and he gets pulled back in.
>>
Lena Dunham and Leslie Jones investigate homeless shelters in Chicago that are secretly providing food and beds to men. They are successful in uncovering a sickening plot to dispense care to all down-on-their luck people regardless of gender. After exposing the plot, all men are sent to live in guantanamo bay and Lena and Leslie are elected eternal co-presidynts of the United States of Hermerica. They change the flag to two hairy vaginas getting smushed together.
>>
New york city jew accountant and part time federal informant and a cop turned wall street lawyer help the cia bring up a new money kabbalist russian jew mob in the old money city that never sleeps
>>
Maine.

Creepy New England Gothic setting, have the killer use things alluding to witchcraft, etc.
>>
>>71165931
what were you feeling when you wrote this?
>>
File: eXJIU3i.jpg (1 MB, 3067x1944) Image search: [Google]
eXJIU3i.jpg
1 MB, 3067x1944
>>
File: dAKSl4a.png (3 MB, 2287x1443) Image search: [Google]
dAKSl4a.png
3 MB, 2287x1443
>>
>>71166580
Kelsey Grammar died though.
>>
>>71166524
An erection.
>>
>>71166610
No he didn't.
>>
Brendan Frasier plays a family-man, happy-go-lucky Army Criminal Investigations detective. He is tasked with assisting Army lawyer Vigo Mortensen to make a case against a private military contractor, accused of raping, torturing, and murdering 24 people in Iran.

As they dive deeper, they begin to see signs that it might not have just been paid mercenaries going overboard - but an attack coordinated from the upper echelons of the Army's finest, orchestrated with pinpoint precision. As they search for the reason, Brendan Frasier's life and family are put into peril, and he must decide between maintaining his perfect little life or exposing the truth.
>>
File: 8dRXu1qdrdhdo1_500.gif (497 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
8dRXu1qdrdhdo1_500.gif
497 KB, 500x343
>>71163236
Was about to make a new thread asking if this show is worth watching, well is it?
>>
>>71166610
You're thinking of Andy grammar
>>
>>71166580
>True Detective
>Set some place other than America

lol
>>
>>71166728
if you're an edgy atheist who loves a good set of tits then you will love the first season
>>
File: how to save a series.jpg (513 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
how to save a series.jpg
513 KB, 1280x1024
>>71163236
>>
File: This-New-England-Town.jpg (547 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
This-New-England-Town.jpg
547 KB, 1600x1200
>setting: New England over the course of a year. Spring, summer, fall winter and back to summer

>song:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwNTQO50bQE

>plot: A senile old man in a nursing home makes claims he is a famous uncaught serial killer. Initially brushed off, the accusations come to light when two missing persons detectives follow up on them and find a murdered girl's shallow grave. When confronted, he leads them to another mass grave with bodies of girls missing since the early 80s through the early 2000s. Along with some fresh ones. Tthe killer admits he had a younger accomplice but they parted ways, and now with a series of flashbacks the detectives need to interview the killer, former police investigators and witnesses to try and find the accomplice who never stopped killing

>Kelsey grammar and Michael Pitt ad the detectives
>rooney mara as an FBI criminal psychologist sent to help with the investigations
>R Lee Ermy as the police captain
>donald sutherland as the old killer
>>
>>71165598
they already made a move about this though
>>
File: the_killing_4.jpg (38 KB, 440x249) Image search: [Google]
the_killing_4.jpg
38 KB, 440x249
>>71165794
pretty close to the Killing S3
>>
>>71166798
about to start watching, is there a season 3 coming out?
>>
>>71163236

Have it set in the Great Lakes region of the country, There's a lot of areas where you've got good sized lakes dotted all over the place and things start to get creepy looking in a way that's hard to explain. It could be focused on the Metro Detroit region and include the vast gulf in wealth that the region has in places like Grosse Pointe vs inner city Detroit. There's urban prairies in Detroit and sizeable forests once you get out of the inner and mid-ring suburbs.
>>
>>71164205
30 days of night inspiration?
>>
Ahh fuck I had a whole copypasta for this when I used to make these threads, here's my rough idea though:

Title sequence song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux1fglC0aT0

Time/Place: 2012, Colorado/Rocky Mountains

Plot: The daughter of a popular senator with presidential aspirations goes missing on a stretch of country road, detectives from the Highway Patrol are called in to investigate. The daughter is eventually found but is acting strangely. Turns out she wasn't kidnapped but ran away to a secluded apocalyptic cult where she was brainwashed with the assistance of an experimental mind control drug being distributed throughout the American west by a drug cartel for its' hallucinogenic and euphoric properties.

Through twists and turns in investigating the cult and drug network, the series finale leads to a presidential rally where the detectives end up having to foil a presidential assassination attempt involving the senator's daughter (But not in a way you'd imagine)

Starring: JK Simmons and Ryan Gosling (Or maybe Glenn Howerton if Gosling wants too much money) as two detectives from the state patrol, one a jaded veteran, the other a young hotshot looking to prove himself.

TJ Miller as an up-and-coming, yet absent minded lieutenant in the drug cartel.

Emilio Estevez as the charismatic cult leader.

Themes: The isolation of the mountains and country highways, trust and betrayal, the occult (Ritualistic cults, mountain lore, shit like that), political influence and corruption.

Thoughts?
>>
>>71166978
I live near Detroit and I do think the city would be a great setting visually considering all the death and decay it oozes, downtown has actually become pretty nice but you don't have to go far to find the devastation and poverty.

That said idk what the plot would be, normal city corruption/gangs is not that exciting.
>>
File: dsc0296.jpg (782 KB, 2144x1424) Image search: [Google]
dsc0296.jpg
782 KB, 2144x1424
>>71164205
>>71165598
Forgot to include the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0EaGH2eLUQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NLHF6oV4Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYZq5QlJHkI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB4FLr1j9YQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgflPiWa840

Is it fitting?
>>
>>71167325
you got some good taste in music. Ive been thinking of my ideas for S3 or any show in general and always get stuck on the music
>>
>>71167325

Not bad, but what would the title sequence song be? Going off the last 2 seasons, it would have to be something with lyrics.
>>
>>71167154

Yeah, I live near Detroit as well and when I was in my mid-teens it always struck me how you could so quickly go from a good part of Detroit to a bad part of Detroit super quickly. Detroit's definitely improved since then by a lot.

As for the plot, maybe have it last an entire year and have it be about a serial killer who's operating all over the metro area. Detroit, Southfield, Bloomfield Hills, Waterford, Troy, Highland Park, etc. That forces multiple police departments from both predominantly black and white cities to coordinate, which could expose both the racial and economic tensions that define the metro Detroit area. Have a black guy who moved his family to the suburbs argue with a black guy who stayed in Detroit about abandoning other blacks and the hood mindset, that could be interesting.

The resurgence of Detroit could be examined as well as the ever present question of gentrification and race. Idk.

Or you could set the season not in the present day Detroit, but in the shadow of the Great Recession when the Big Three were laying off scores of workers every week and it looked for a moment like "the end" was upon Southeast Michigan. Those were scary times.
>>
>>71167393
>something with lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU8YGTs64U0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ByjPVcTWgs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jppvOzHq3U8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjg4qD2Juw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4-_h-le7Nw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwtE_PJB4rI

Take your pick? I don't know. S01 OP was perfect.
>>
S3 theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG2u1N8Ke-Y
>>
>>71165935
no nyc fuck that place
>>
File: bread n buttuh.jpg (26 KB, 608x341) Image search: [Google]
bread n buttuh.jpg
26 KB, 608x341
Id like to see something with military police CID. Along the lines of
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._MacDonald
but it really was a group of hippies that are the children of higher up military officers who try to cover it up
>>
Up in the willywacks of Maine, two detectives investigate the disappearance of a young girl at an indian reservation. Dealing with conflicts with the natives and rising tensions due to the seriousness of the case, the two begin to clash over disagreement concerning how the case should be handled. Eventually, they learn about some seemingly occult rituals that go on in the reservation and gain insight about why the girl might have gone missing.
The entire setting is based around teasing a wendigo but not actually showing it.
I have no ideas outside of that main premise.
>>
File: loki.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
loki.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
Rust teams up with Detective Loki from Prisoners.
>>
>>71166798
Any edgy athiest is going to be foaming at the mouth mad at the ending of season one.
>>
>>71166836
>rooney mara
please god no not that lego eating playdough gobbling brain of a down syndrome 5 year old air gulping retard.
>>
>>71167132
too much season 2, not enough season 1
>>
there's a crazy diddler on the loose and he's diddling the children of /tv/, it's up to the janny who does it for free to save the day
>>
>>71163236
>James Franco, Joaquin phoenix as detectives
>Location is San Francisco Bay Area, 1969, 1975, 1982
>Murderer kills a few hikers
>Murder engages Joaquine who almost catches him
>James Franco comes in 1982 and case is reopened

Zodiac, Son of Sam, Helter Skelter feel to the series. References to Lavey and the Hells Angels.
>>
File: 1463411296904.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1463411296904.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
>>71163236

Dusty Mason tracks down the Elusive Pizza Pie... a smalltime writer who fluked and made it big, but fell hard when he got fired for a hacky job

Dusty needs to find him before a treaty is signed for a Losing War
>>
>>71164640
We want to revive the series, not see it cancelled mid season.
>>
>>71169761
Its too bad we never got to see Rust join the priesthood and devote his life to the Lord after that hospital scene. Only logical conclusion after that.
>>
I think if we are looking for
paranioa, corruption, mysticism, crime, conspiracy and intregue. There is no setting better than one of the eastern block countries.

Season three follows a team of UN investigators looking into disappearnces, and murders in the eastern block when the child of some high profile politician, or maybe even some arab prince goes missing.
Setting maybe in the Ural mountains, or somewhere in or near prague.

Slavic folklore, witch craft. Maybe have references to baba yaga . Involve KGB intelligence operations. Russian mafia, sex trafficking. and so on and so on
>>
File: 1456444352291.jpg (186 KB, 960x830) Image search: [Google]
1456444352291.jpg
186 KB, 960x830
TD s3

-Detectives
Ben Affleck
Matt Damon

-Director
Gus Van Sant

-Plot

Two jaded veteran Seattle Detectives famous after solving a missing persons case in 1997 have grown sick of each other after years on the job and overlapping personal relationships are assigned a new case.. a Shotgun Suicide at a Mansion resembling the Cobain case... we get interrogations with the GF charter, the close friends.... halfway through a key peice of evidence ponts to murder, new murders arise, and the truth is gradually revealed... but never comes to light

it ends up being known as a suicide
>>
Amy schumer and Jlaw track down cult basement dwelling mysogynists
>>
>>71166609
i kinda like this would be a fun ride of twisted shit
>>
>>71166580

This looks more like some shitty action movie
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.