[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this to me at a 5th grade level.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Explain this to me at a 5th grade level.
>>
>>71159866
Time loop
>>
>5th grade level
Is that so you can discuss it with fans of the movie?
>>
time loop
>>
*rips ass all over this thread*

HEEE. HEEEEEE HEEE! HA HA!

*a stinky dooky poopy slips out*

Hrm..... HUH? POOPY? HA HA!
>>
>>71159866
Donnie travels back in time to try and save his girlfriend, mother, and younger sister by staying in bed the night the jet engine crashes into his room
>>
>>71159866

There was a plane crash with no survivors that was sent back in time to kill a boy who was saved by a ghostman in a bunny suit who told him he should have died
Or some shit like that
>>
>>71159915
>>71159959
So why was time looping and why did killing himself fix it?
>>
So Donnie is this kid that survives a plane crashing into his room. Then his messed-up mind makes him start seeing things and doing weird stuff. The weird stuff gets people hurt, and he realizes it'd be better for everyone if he didn't survive the plane crashing into his room. So he ends up getting transported back in time and chooses to die so everyone can live better, but changed, lives.
>>
>>71160156
I see it as an allegory for Jesus' crucifiction. Frank shows Donnie everyone around him would be hurt if he lived, and gives Donnie the chance to sacrifice himself for the sake of everyone else's lives. They would have to ask forgiveness for their sins though, which is why it's implied that the survivors moved on from their faults (a good example is Swayze feeling shame for the sexual acts against children)
>>
>>71160156
time paradox correction
>>
>>71160261
Donnie dying wouldn't have corrected the time loop because the jet engine is still popping out of thin air
>>
>So Randum XD
>ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR FACES
>>
>>71160348
Frank is killed in the TU and therefore becomes one of the Manipulated Dead. He travels back in time and helps Donnie with his quest to return the Artifact. The first thing he must do is save Donnie by waking him up before he gets squashed by the jet engine. He is like a reverse ghost who appears before he was killed.
>>
>>71160348
>Chapter Four:
>The Artifact And The Living

>When a Tangent Universe occurs, those living nearest to the Vortex, will find themselves at the epicenter of a dangerous new world.

>Artifacts provide the first sign that a Tangent Universe has occurred.

>If an Artifact occurs, the Living will retrieve it with great interest and curiosity.

>Artifacts are formed from metal, such as an Arrowhead from an ancient Mayan civilization, or a Metal Sword from Medieval Europe.

>Artifacts returned to the Primary Universe are often linked to religious Iconography, as their appearance on Earth seems to defy logical explanation.

>Divine intervention is deemed the only logical conclusion for the appearance of the Artifact.
>>
>>71160494
But if he returned the artifact wouldn't there be two jet engines in the PU since the original jet hasn't crashed yet
>>
>>71160473
but yeah, it's a movie for plebs to enjoy, because it's a stupid simple movie that's poorly acted with no good plot or chracters, and is as flat and 2 dimensional as any marvel movie.

it was just a cash grab movie to exploit the growing indie market.

unless you know, you were not born in the 2000's and know it was a good hidden jem movie that become 'cult' status naturally not just because of online bloggers....
because that use to be a thing.
>>
>>71160639
Yes, barring odd circumstances like "the plane was made after Donnie died and because he died the plane never got made"
>>
>>71160156
>>71160156
He doesn't necessarily have to die, just move the jet engine away from the tangent universe and make it land on his room again. The old lady who wrote the book experienced the same thing and made it out alive.
>>
>>71160704
He's a living ghost.
>>
>>71159981
>>71159981
>>71159981
>>71159981
What did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.