[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think they intentionally chose an actor who was kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: matthewrhys-romeo-mode.jpg (18 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
matthewrhys-romeo-mode.jpg
18 KB, 500x281
Do you think they intentionally chose an actor who was kind of doofy and unintimidating when they were casting Phillip?
>>
>>71156341
>talking shit about Phillip
that guy is a survivor, man. Elizabeth THINKS she's had it rough but Phillip has her beat, and he doesn't even throw that in her face because he's such a good man and husband.
>>
>>71156341

Matthew Rhys is great for being both unassuming but also able to show a great range of emotion

>YOU RESPECT JESUS, BUT NOT US?!?
>>
File: TheRealPhil.jpg (130 KB, 624x350) Image search: [Google]
TheRealPhil.jpg
130 KB, 624x350
>>71156341

Yeah the guy that murder's other children, literally over spilled milk. "Unintimidating" I think you mean unassuming, innocuous, he can blend well.

Go watch the episode where he is going to kill the pastor in his office. Or what he looks like after killing the gate guards and sneaking into military base, or yelling at paige afterwards.

Or the first episode when he fucks up the pedophile. 'doofy'
>>
>>71156341

he is the best actor i have seen in years
>>
>>71156469

honestly if you are a soviet citizen and you are in the US, murdering americans isnt really murder. its just enemy people. so in fact nothing wrong with it
>>
>>71156543

Killing is killing and takes a toll regardless if it comes in the job description or not.

Same reason he went to visit the grave of the guy he killed and setup for Martha.

People can do bad things and still be empathized with.
>>
>>71156612
>Same reason he went to visit the grave of the guy he killed and setup for Martha.

I love that he actually was a row back from it, just in case.

fucking love that 80s spy shit, the level of tech back then really had you work for it.
>>
>>71156341

also one of the best episodes (directed) of the newest season was directed by Rhys as well, so he is talented to say the least.
>>
Did anyone else feel like the finale wasn't really a finale? The season was great, but I checked the next week and was surprised to see the season was over because nothing really happened in the end.
>>
>>71156764
I was kind of underwhelmed by it. Nothing much really changed in the last couple episodes. but I'm happy they're getting the Justified treatment and finishing it up in two more seasons.
>>
>>71156764

they've had a lot of problems with this, that mid-season episode directed by Rhys felt more like a season finale than what we got at actual finale which kind of makes me think they do it on purpose since they never really do strong finales.

The first season I really love because of how it wraps Phil/Liz back together but other than that season finales aren't traditional television at all.
>>
File: 1464908201756.jpg (45 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1464908201756.jpg
45 KB, 720x540
>tfw the show most likely won't cover the collapse of the soviet union
>>
>>71157023

they have two more seasons, so with one or two more time jumps it could easily happen considering the time jump this season.

It won't cover the complete collapse. Or it could jump to them getting immunity, on the run/dead/in jail or never being caught.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.