[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was god damned good. The soundtrack and the photography
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: observe and report.jpg (66 KB, 518x755) Image search: [Google]
observe and report.jpg
66 KB, 518x755
This was god damned good. The soundtrack and the photography were on point. Seth Rogen actually tried acting for a change and for the most part it worked. I can't believe I didn't give this a chance because it looked like that Paul Blart shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 119x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 119x200
>>
>>71154745

This could have been the start of a better trend of comedies, something darker and closer to home, the kind of film you truly see yourself in, but instead we got shit like Neighbours and Sausage Party.
>>
>>71154745
Well yea, it's directed by Jody hill who created Eastbound and down so it has a similar tone
>>
>>71156140
you don't remember the rape scene?
>>
>>71156156
It's only rape if she regrets it
>>
I love this movie. The mid-movie montage where they beat up skaters and start doing progressively harder drugs and end up shooting heroin is probably the hardest I've laughed in the theater.

That said, Seth Rogen did alright but this movie was clearly written for Danny McBride and if he played the lead it would have been an all time great comedy.
>>
>>71156374

ah didnt knew about mcbride, could have been great

farris and liota are hillarious in this, and the end scene with the pixies song had me and my brothers in laughing in tears
>>
File: fuck-you-ronnie-o.gif (3 MB, 320x138) Image search: [Google]
fuck-you-ronnie-o.gif
3 MB, 320x138
NICE HAT! FUCK YOU RONNIE!
>>
File: 009OAR_Patton_Oswalt_001.jpg (44 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
009OAR_Patton_Oswalt_001.jpg
44 KB, 852x480
what in the fuck was this guy's problem? Ronnie was way too easy on him.
>>
>>71156447

I'm just guessing that it was written for McBride because everything Jody Hill ever did was for him, I imagine the studio wanted a bigger name and they went with Seth Rogen. Just guessing. And yeah the end was great.

I also think the end is a fantasy the main guy is having after he gets all fucked up. The movie changes tone as he lays down to go to sleep at his lowest moment. Notice right as he's closing his eyes to sleep it goes into this montage where his face starts healing day by day. And then he starts making amends with everyone he has problems with and getting his shit together, and the tone of it becomes more and more ridiculous. The end scene of him shooting the pervert and taking him to the police station and receiving accolades from everyone is so off kilter and odd and unrealistic and I think on purpose.

He's just living out his power fantasy as he lays down to go to sleep, he's not going to change and turn things around ever, he's delusional.

Anyone else get that vibe?
>>
>>71156739
I got that vibe but I want to believe it was real, because it was just too perfect
>Way to go Ronnie!
>>
The blooper reel is fucking hilarious. Too bad you can't find it anywhere on the internet.
>>
>>71157520
Can you send me an invite? I just sent you my email.
>>
DUDE
>>
>it's another Seth Rogen's character gets cucked episode
>>
>>71156793

also when that came up after all the montage of him training like a madman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3W0AnCAZsg
>>
>>71156739
The whole thing is a homage to Taxi Driver
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.