[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was I supposed to hate Summer in the end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 500-days-poster2.jpg (562 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
500-days-poster2.jpg
562 KB, 1600x1200
Was I supposed to hate Summer in the end?
>>
no, just tom

although you can still hate summer, fuck that cunt it was her falut as well
>>
>>71148304
No. Even Joseph Gordon Levitt said you shouldn't really empathize with his character.
>>
>>71148304

You're supposed to think about boning Autumn.
>>
>>71149411
Why? He didn't seem like a bad guy. Just kind of emotional and naive about life in modern society.
>>
I ended up hating this pretentious piece of shit of a movie.
>>
>>71149411
He's as much of a numale cuck as his character
>>71149474
Literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>71149474
>>71150557
>I would encourage anyone who has a crush on my character to watch it again and examine how selfish he is. He develops a mildly delusional obsession over a girl onto whom he projects all these fantasies. He thinks she’ll give his life meaning because he doesn’t care about much else going on in his life....That's not healthy.
>>
Depends on what kind of person you are. I personally still side with the MC because Summer really lead him on way harder than she had any right to.

On the other hand though, people have made some pretty sound arguments that he really pushed himself on her, and expected way more than what he knew she was going to give him.
>>
>>71148304
No, just the entire film
>>
>>71149411
>>71150617
I felt like in the end Tom realized his pursuit and infatuation of Summer to be unhealthy, that instead of looking towards her to find happiness he needed to focus on himself and following his own dreams. I guess in JGL's mind the ending with Autumn is Tom just about to begin another destructive relationship? I totally didn't see it that way.
>>
Switch the genders and it'll make sense how weird tom is.
>>
They're both cartoon characters, if you relate to any of them, you're emotionally gimped, and should stay the fuck away from other people; since you don't understand relationships in which you don't idolize the other and rather give yourself time to know them and with time, love them as they are.
>>
File: nigella lawson 434345555.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
nigella lawson 434345555.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>71152863
Never thought of it that way.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.