[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bob Iger on Indiana Jones 5 and after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: indiana_jones_bridge.jpg (42 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
indiana_jones_bridge.jpg
42 KB, 620x349
>You have another Lucasfilm property, Indiana Jones, and Steven Spielberg has agreed to make a fifth film. Will there be an Indiana Jones universe, eventually, like Star Wars?

Not like Star Wars, no. But we hope … right now, we’re focused on a reboot, or a continuum and then a reboot of some sort.

>Reboot? You’ve got Harrison Ford for this movie, and then the presumption is there will be a younger …

Well, we’ll bring him back, then we have to figure out what comes next. That’s what I mean. It’s not really a reboot, it’s a boot — a reboot. I don’t know.

>THR has been using the term “requel” for these sequels that reboot the franchise.

Requel. (Laughs.) We [got] Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in the film. But then what’s the direction? I’ve had discussions about what the direction is, [but] I don’t want to get into it.

>But you do see making more films?

Yes, I do. I don’t think it reaches the scale of the universe of Star Wars, but I see making more. It won’t be just a one-off.

>In the three months since Disney and its Lucasfilm subsidiary officially announced the development of Indiana Jones 5, there’s been some question as to what form the new film might take. Sure, we know that Steven Spielberg is returning to direct, that Harrison Ford will again play Indiana Jones, that the new film will arrive in July of 2019 – and now, that the Indiana Jones character will not die in the film. Also, John Williams is writing a new score, David Koepp is writing the script and George Lucas is involved in the film as (at least) a producer.

Sounds like they are going to Young Indiana Jones this movie, and have older Indy telling the stories of Younger Indy
>>
DISNEY KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY FAVORITE FILM SERIES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71144402

No the mouse deserves all
>>
Harrison Ford looked like and acted like shit in the last star wars, I can't imagine this being anywhere close to good.
>>
Oh boy get ready for Diana Jones
>>
>first aliens
>now time travel

>Ford adventure with his recast younger self just like Last Crusade
>then just keep making movies about young Indyl

....eh better than nothinf
>>
>they're going to a Young Indiana Jones this movie, with an old Indy telling the stories of a Younger Indy.

I hope so. That was a good device in the show. Ford's just way to old to make a good lead himself. I hope Spielberg doesn't fuck it up as bad as 4 was. With Lucas still involved I won't really believe that.
>>
File: Chris Pratt.png (531 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Chris Pratt.png
531 KB, 650x650
>>71143577

>more Indy movies

you know what to do
>>
>>71145395
shut the fuck up you stupid monkey
>>
>>71144402

it's already been tainted beyond repair by Crystal Skull
>>
indi drank from jesus' cup.

all they need to do is have him die at the end of the movie.

then have the reboot set 3 days after that movie using a younger actor. it's then a sequel not a reboot.
>>
File: 1352318318836.jpg (83 KB, 518x500) Image search: [Google]
1352318318836.jpg
83 KB, 518x500
>>71143577
>>
>>71143577
i say it all the time, just do them animated with Harrison doing VO
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.