[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't most celebrities have twitter/instagram? seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: alicia24.jpg (263 KB, 1200x1779) Image search: [Google]
alicia24.jpg
263 KB, 1200x1779
Why don't most celebrities have twitter/instagram? seems every musician does but actors it's rare to have social media of any kind. I wonder why this is you would think they would want to expand their audience to get more pull in the industry but I guess not
>>
File: 1466593890035.jpg (382 KB, 1479x2048) Image search: [Google]
1466593890035.jpg
382 KB, 1479x2048
answer me
>>
Who cares you celebrity-obsessed yank fuck

>muh entertainment figures who are the persons most deserving of our respect and admiration
>>
>>71142777
says the yurocuck thats obsessed with regular non celebrity americans.

semen rations running low? you seem anxious
>>
Instagram is millenial shit
>>
>actor says something controversial like "I think people should be entitled to their own opinions"
>""""""""articles"""""""""" filled with tweets to their account
>>
>>71142623
D E M O N

E M M A
>>
>>71143124
musicians are way more relevant and popular than actors yet they all have twitter accounts
>>
>>71143195
Musicians need constant self-publicising to sell their shit. Actors have production companies do that for them.
>>
>>71142335
twitter - afraid to say something stupid or offensive
instagram - they are used to sell their media appearances, not give it for free for you to masturbate.
>>
>>71142335
They're profession is all about being someone else.

They don't have a brand the same way musicians do.
>>
Musicians are selling themselves. Actors pretend to be other people. A lot of actors are pretentious about being a blank slate or whatever.
>>
>>71142335
goddamn i want to cum on her chest
>>
They're smart enough to know that Twitter and Instagram are an unfiltered connection with the general public and that the general public is too fucking retarded for it to be worth the positive outreach. One day some retard with 10k followers and a bone to pick decides to put you to task for some dumb shit and make an example of you. Say you co-starred with an actor being targeted by rape accusations and you haven't made a statement yet, so they're accusing you if being complicit by being silent. If you make a reasoned statement that it's none of your business, they drag you through the mud and you look like an asshole to impressionable retards. If you ignore them, they just keep pushing it and start a hashtag so their retarded followers can push it too and ruin your public image, you still look like an asshole to impressionable retards. If you cave and toe the line so they'll leave you alone, you're the first name on their list to bully into being their mouthpiece in the future whenever there's some flavor-of-the-month controversy. The only winning move is not to play. Control your interaction, control your public image, control your future.
>>
>>71142335
Twitter and Instagram are for lower class garbage. It would devalue their personal brand to lower themselves to such trash.
>>
Why follow them on social media when I can just get the highlights (retarded tweets, nip slips, sexy snapchats, etc) somewhere else?
>>
>>71143458
This comment is way to based to be on /tv/.

This is probably the number one reason they don't have it, that and none of their star-buddies need this shit in their lives as they're already pretty fulfilling and get enough self-validation from walking to the grocery store.
>>
>>71142335
probably because of creepy shits like you that want to stalk them and jerk off to the posts of their feet and such
>>
>>71145675
FUCK OFF FASSBENDER REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1457978425007.png (24 KB, 695x556) Image search: [Google]
1457978425007.png
24 KB, 695x556
celebrities don't mingle with the commoners
>>
>>71142623
dumb frogposter
>>
>>71143458
this this this
>>
>>71143096
>le "millenial as an insult" meme
any celebrity under the age of 36 is a millennial
you are hopefully a millenial
>>
>>71146185
yeah but millennial more specifically refers to '90s born cucks like you, particularly mid '90s and later. i'm pretty sure you fags innately know that youre faggots.
>>
>>71146462
>projecting this hard
>>
>>71142335

You're right.

Actors tend to have less social media presence when compared to people who make records.

Is it possible actors simply have more self respect?
>>
>>71142335
They would just be tabloid fodder. More trouble than they're worth tbqh
>>
>>71146521
not at all kiddo

i wasnt even the first guy you were replying to btw
>>
>>71142335

Many do (twitter, at least, particularly TV actors because of live tweeting episodes). The ones who don't are presumably just private people who don't want to feel obliged to tell the world their every move. They already put themselves on parade at premieres, award shows, and other photo-op events, the rest of their time is theirs.
>>
>>71146462
No, it more specifically refers to Gen Y - anyone born between the early '80s to 2000.

Sorry you were born in the wrong generation.
>>
>>71146462
It refers to you
>>
They do, just not all of them are public because they don't have anything to say for the whole world to see. Musicians are different, they use it to sell their music.
>>
>>71143250

This. How often do you see commercials for your bands latest album? How about billboards?

Musicians work way harder than actors do, and to directly have a twitter and social media is just more work for them.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.