[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: EW-ARCHER-WALLPAPER_612x380_0.jpg (34 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
EW-ARCHER-WALLPAPER_612x380_0.jpg
34 KB, 612x380
Do you feel like they have 3 more seasons left to give?
I personally don't, and I think this is a huge mistake. This is not a 10 season kind of show. It's not even a 7 season kind of show.
>>
>>71137379
Sorry, forgot to include:
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/archer-renewed-by-fx-through-season-10-1201800428/
>>
>>71137379

have faith in the writers anon
>>
File: 1345592014112.jpg (38 KB, 444x322) Image search: [Google]
1345592014112.jpg
38 KB, 444x322
>Archer wasn't cancelled after season 4
>>
They didn't have the last three seasons to give.
>>
>>71137413
we all saw it posted on reddit no need brothaman!
>>
File: 1438383125566.jpg (22 KB, 604x377) Image search: [Google]
1438383125566.jpg
22 KB, 604x377
>>71137471
Have faith? The characters they created were running on fumes by season 4, Adam Reed needs to put Archer to bed and start a new series.
>>
File: 960.jpg (47 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
47 KB, 960x540
They should have given moonbeam city another chance.
The setting and aesthetic was cool and the characters haven't been riding the same joke for a decade. It also became better with each episode.

I need more Pizzaz ;_;
>>
>>71137379
They should have never messed with the original formula

>some characters off on a mission doing spy shit
>rest of characters back at HQ doing slice of life/office shenanigans

Vice killed the show.
>>
>>71138387
I don't even feel that Vice killed it, I think it was a good idea. The repetition killed it. At one point the comedy started coming down to Archer yelling "PHRASING", Cheryl being a psychopath and a few extremely obscure references no one understands unless they google them (and no, this is not a good thing, good comedy is in fact accessible and universal). Maybe those references are funny to the few people who get them, but I don't think there's many of them around.
>>
This started off as comedy kino until reddit got a hold of it

fucking hate the show now

>you will never relive watching S1 Archer pilot with 0 expectations

just end my shit famala
>>
You think they might try to "revitalize" the show with new "whacky" characters like most shows do when they are floundering?
>>
The show needs a new character to make it fresh.
>>
>>71140477
They're already doing that by putting them in a different setting every season.
>>
>>71140361
>ywn watch the Archer Dinosaur pilot again and not know what the fuck is going on.
>>
should instead give it one full 22 episodes season.

fuck 10 episodes """"seasons""""
shit barely happens and then you're done.
>>
>>71140557
Jesus fucking Christ if there's one thing this show doesn't need it's MORE episodes a season.

Even the makers of 24 literally said they only really had about 12 episodes worth of storylines a year and the rest was filler.
>>
why didn't they just stick to the spy-related stuff?
>>
>>71140595
24 by its very nature was bound to have fillers.
>>
>>71140604

Because jokes and references on a theme are not infinite like people think.

You're bound to either stop it, or you let criativity runs wild and mix everything.
>>
>>71140707
This is why the show shouldn't have gone longer than 4 seasons.
>>
Archer was shit from episode one.
>>
>>71137413
Sweet

Yeah I'm one of those guys that enjoys the constant call backs and blink and you'll miss it references
>>
>>71140759

Yeah but then we would risk shutting down something before knowing if people would like it or not and there is no fun on that.

Sometimes we dont drag stuffs because we're greedy bastards. Have you ever considered the possibility that archer didnt stop because maybe, just maybe, the writers and VA's enjoy doing it?

Do you quit your job after 4 years because you feel like you have nothing more to offer?
>>
>>71137379
If something is successful, beat it to death. It is the entertainment industry way.
>>
>>71140913
>Do you quit your job after 4 years because you feel like you have nothing more to offer?
This is absolutely what you should do. If you're completeely burning out, quit and find something else.
>>
>>71140873
I think there's a right way and a wrong way to do references and those kind of "quick" jokes. I think Veep is doing it the right way, and Archer isn't. The voice actors aren't clear and concise enough (especially H. Jon Benjamin) to pull them off.
>>71140913
To answer your question bluntly, yes.
>>
>>71138356
It's been good so far. Every show has a few filler episodes per season, but so far the overall story has been great. Let them have a bad season before saying it's over
>>
I just started watching yesterday. I've just begun season 2. Honestly, this is a lot funnier than I expected.
Is it going to go downhill for me? Is the magic going to wear off, or is it consistent?
>>
>>71141347
Season 5 has a pretty sharp decline in quality and lots of the jokes fall flat, season 6 is all over the place and season 7 is a strong return to form.
>>
Season 7 was the best one so far so this is great news.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.