[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was pretty fucking great, definitely in Kubrick's top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Eyes_Wide_Shut_poster.jpg (24 KB, 295x438) Image search: [Google]
Eyes_Wide_Shut_poster.jpg
24 KB, 295x438
This was pretty fucking great, definitely in Kubrick's top 3.
Why did it get so much shit from the audiences? I think it's one of his most accessible films.
>>
>>71133765
>Kubrick's top 3
1. 2001: A Space Odyssey
2. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
3. Barry Lyndon
>>
>>71133940

Clockwork orange is easily his second best firum
>>
>>71133940
Replace Stranglove with EWS and you got yourself a deal
>>
>>71133765
it was marketed as an erotic drama at Kubrick's insistence, but it's actually a deconstruction of the typical premises of an erotic drama: Tom never fucks anyone at any point in the film, and the theme of the story is that sex without a personal relationship is totally impersonal.

It was an intentional bait-and-switch. It's a great film but it's in total opposition to how sex is depicted in today's permissive society.
>>
Paths of Glory?
>>
>>71133940
EWS Barry and Strangelove

clockwork 2001 paths of glory and FMJ are tier 2
>>
>Why did it get so much shit from the audiences?

The film was promoted like a sexual thriller that would have lots of nude scenes with Nicole Kidman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWqSE_opBoc

No joke, I remember seeing the above teaser before the South Park movie in 1999.

In the end, it was so tame and slow for mainstream tastes already familiar with Basic Instinct and Fatal Attraction and Disclosure.
>>
>>71135772
>2001 ... tier 2
Are you an absolute fucking moron? I'm asking this question seriously because never in my whole life have I ever seen such a fucking dumb opinion. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that you were on /tv/, I'd expect you to be a severely mentally-retarded kid because your opinion here is literally down-syndrome level. It is, by far, the most stupidest fucking thing I've ever read here. And I'm sure everyone else here is confused by it too because they probably can't work out how a down-syndromed kid managed to find his way to /tv/. But you did. And now we have to put up with your stupid fucking opinion being in this thread to only cause further confusion for those who stumble upon it. Thanks a whole fucking lot. I hope you and your shit stupid opinion fall in a fire and die. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>71135703
his best movie

1º Paths
2º Eyes
3º Shinning
4º Jacket
etc...
>>
>>71136524
go back to r eddit
>>
>>71133765
it was great indeed.
guess people were expecting something else.
i just saw it for the first time ever last year, it instantly became one of my favorite movies of all time.
i heard many complaints about the smoking weed scene near the beginning of the movie, claiming their portrayal of high people was off, which it indeed was, but it wasnt a big deal.
even tho the ending was kind of sudden, goddamn this movie was riveting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.