[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finding Dory is out tomorrow where I live. Do I pay to see this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Finding Dory.jpg (35 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Finding Dory.jpg
35 KB, 640x960
Finding Dory is out tomorrow where I live. Do I pay to see this /tv/ whats the verdict?
>>
>>71131782
Nah, it's pretty mediocre. I saw it with a cousin and it was really disappointing. I honestly really liked the first one too.

I think the problem was making Dory the protagonist. Her memory problems make her character needlessly annoying. The arc of all the characters happens way too fast to be believable, even for a kids movie. It just feels like a cheap cash grab overall. I don't know, I just left the theater really disappointed.
>>
>>71131782
Yeah, it's pretty great. I saw it with a cousin and it really surpassed my expectations . I honestly didnt like the first one either.

I think the best part was making Dory the protagonist. Her memory problems make her character hilarious. The arc of all the characters has good pacing for a kids movie. It just feels like it was well worth my money. I left the theater really pleased.
>>
MEDIOCRE. Literally """""""""Monsters University 2"""""""""" tier.

t. Inside Out
>>
>>71131782
Dory dies at the end
>>
File: armond white tv.jpg (19 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
armond white tv.jpg
19 KB, 300x279
>>71131782
>/tv/
There is only one source you should trust.
>>
>>71133081
fuck you
>>
Best Pixar Sequel since Toy Story 2
>>
Decent. tier 2 pixar definitely like inside out. I felt they could have made it sadder for some better emotional payoff.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 250x375
>>71133429
>Finding Dory offers nothing that will please a taste for finer humor, freer fun, or genuinely expressive filmmaking.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436732/finding-dory-political-indoctrination-pixar
>>
It's a solid movie but it's not one people would rewatch over and over again.
>>
The short before the Finding Dory even started was better than the whole film.
>>
Finding Dory was the definition of meh. A film that tried way to hard to be emotional and was overly stupid at a lot of points. Set pieces and scenes often delve into being too silly. Perhaps the limits set by animation technologie at the time of Finding Nemo, were a good thing, as the restraint in the film makes it all the more enjoyable and engaging. For a while i thought I might be over thinking it, but when Dory and her Octopus companion drive a truck down a free way, I knew Pixar had gone to far.
>>
File: 1461322210131.jpg (41 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
1461322210131.jpg
41 KB, 678x678
>>71134265
That being said, I liked the side characters, especially Hank the Octopus. They we're perfect comic relief and each one was used just the right amount. The film starts off feeling like a badly paced remake of the first film, even going as far to litterally redo the incredible frenzied Shark escape sequence from the first, though this time neither as clever or as funny, and with a giant squid instead. From this point on though, the film manages to find it's own, different, story to tell which left me ever so slightly impressed that the film wasn't a straight redo of the first film, like many were worried from the trailers. Character arcs in the film are kind of just quickly wrapped up and the pacing isn't anything to be impressed by. Dory isn't a fantastic lead character however they did the best they could with her and it shows. Marlin, the fantastic lead character from the first film, isn't given much to do and often feels kind of awkwardly present.

As far as Pixar sequels go, it's not their worst. As far as Pixar films go, it's not their best. It's a shame this movie will be viewed as better than Monsters University, another of Pixar's sequels that used the lovable sidekick from the first as the main character. Monsters University was unfairly reviewed in my opinion as it is a really solid and funny follow up to the first film with far more endearing characters and storylines than Pixars latest attempt.
>>
File: 1464539218972.jpg (215 KB, 600x886) Image search: [Google]
1464539218972.jpg
215 KB, 600x886
>>71131782
I got that bitch a second breakfast.
>>
>>71134282
>tfw someone else liked Monsters University
I don't get why it got such bad reviews. I really liked MU.
>>
>>71134282
>Monsters University was unfairly reviewed in my opinion as it is a really solid and funny follow up to the first film with far more endearing characters and storylines than Pixars latest attempt.

Very true. I really really enjoyed MU. Watched Finding Dory last night, and just felt phoned in for a Pixar film. I'm guessing Disney pushed for the sequel, or Pixar is losing their magical ability to come up with original stories. I still appreciate the hell out of their dedication to gorgeous environments.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.