[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /tv/ feel about this movie? It's been a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: braveheart.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
braveheart.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1080
How does /tv/ feel about this movie? It's been a couple years since I've last seen it, but I have super fond memories of it.

I remember the cinematography, score, and direction being more or less 10/10. The only beef I have in retrospect is I guess the characters are kind of undeveloped.

And after watching Game of Thrones: Battle of the Bastards, I've seriously been considering a rewatch
>>
>>71128563
Historical part is complete bullshit, otherwise 10/10 film for hetro males.
Loved the part where the king throws the faggot off the window.
>>
>>71128563
Its a bit too "muh freedom"
I think i like historical movies for the sets costumes and the acting. historically and narratively, they arent good at all
>>
>>71128631

Forgot to mention the fact that I'm well aware of the historical inaccuracy, but it doesn't really phase me
>>
It created a whole load of yanks who think they're Scottish because they saw this movie once, and suddenly remember they have a great-great-uncle who once went to Glasgow, so that gives them "muh scot heritage" which gives them the right to wear kilts like cunts and talk about Scottish history and politics like they're some kind of fucking expert.
>>
File: 14636014245590.jpg (59 KB, 604x482) Image search: [Google]
14636014245590.jpg
59 KB, 604x482
>>71128563
>Scotsmen wearing blue woad paint like the Picts
>Catholic Scots affiliating themselves with their pagan ancestors
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 312x447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 312x447
>tfw stoned as shit watching braveheart
>dream sequence/pyre funeral scene in the beginning

God damn, the movie may have been historical hogwash but that scene was a perfect "chosen one" scene. Hunger games and maze runner can't into setting up a hero or having the tyrants be more than just a social class.
>>
>>71128563
Mel kino
>>
Why doesn't he make more movies about how anglos are evil scums?
>>
The Patriot had much better cinematography but Braveheart is still the better movie overall.
>>
File: Longshanks2.jpg (19 KB, 183x220) Image search: [Google]
Longshanks2.jpg
19 KB, 183x220
This guy would win the Game of Thrones

Blessed Longshanks
>>
>>71128563
it's not particularly good, but it's fun. historically speaking it is an absolute joke. the acting is not great; mel's accent and ludicrously anachronistic speeches are hard to sit through. the guy who played longshanks really vamped it up in a fun way though, stephen (the irishman) was a likeable character, and catherine mccormick (murron) was dece. sophie marceau was lovely, though her acting was nothing special. the costumes were really good (apart from the ridiculous interpretation of bringandine armor or whatever the fuck the english infantry was supposed to be wearing), likewise the production design. the battle scenes are also really well done and must have been incredibly difficult to get right. the music is dece. overall i give it a 6/10 for high production value and fun factor.
>>
>>71128631
>10/10 film for hetro males.

This goes without saying. It's a Mel Gibson film.
>>
>>71128563

it's an awesome film if you live in America, still in high school, and have a Scottish name despite being 1/16 scottish and 15/16 nigger
>>
>>71132269

Hell he was using defenestration techniques long before Jaime.
>>
>>71133661

wtf are you talking about? neither one of them purposely destroyed the environment
>>
File: Conan big american penis.jpg (210 KB, 1922x1040) Image search: [Google]
Conan big american penis.jpg
210 KB, 1922x1040
>>71133700
>>
>>71128631
So, how about that Orlando shooting, eh?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.