[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'M TAKIN OVER LIEUTENANT LIPTON GIVE ME A band of brothers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: uselesscuck.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
uselesscuck.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
I'M TAKIN OVER LIEUTENANT LIPTON GIVE ME A band of brothers thread
>>
Why was he given a commission exactly? He was clearly incompetent so why didn't the higher ups replace him sooner or just not let him pass training? Can one be a great officer in training but shit in combat?
>>
>>71127030
This shouldn't have been a major plot point, hurr durr the best leaders are always one of the lads. Why not spend time treating the audience like they are capable of understanding higher concepts and power plays.
>>
>>71127179
Wasn't he a "favorite of someone at division"? I guess some higher up liked this guy so he gave him a platoon.
>>
>>71127030
i fucked up dike was a lieutenant, lipton was a sergeant
>>
File: roe-and-winters.jpg (91 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
roe-and-winters.jpg
91 KB, 640x400
Why do so many people on this board consider pic related the GOAT episode of the show?
>>
reminder that episode 7-10 fucking suck
>>
>>71127355
DUDE I NEED CONSTANT ACTION LMAO
>>
>>71127030
Anyone else not watch the Jewish propaganda episode? I always stop my rewatches at the episode where they go on a mission to capture German soldier for intelligence.
>>
>>71127208
This is based on what actually happened on the battlefield, anon.
>>
>>71127429
The one thing that shits me is that episode about the "coward" who wasn't actually a coward st all.
>>
>>71127393
This stupid line of thinking is what made The Pacific absolute shit.
>>
>>71127429
So did shitting in each others boots for fun.
>>
>>
>>71127330
Because it's not often that war films show events from the combat medic's point of view. Knowing that you can't directly aid your comrades unless they're wounded. Knowing that, despite wanting to, putting yourself at risk is a death sentence for them too. Imagine being on a battlefield with bullets and explosions whizzing all around you and knowing that you can't shoot back?

Hell, imagine the guilt if one of your friends didn't survive. Should you have been faster? Should you have given him more morphine? Can you afford to? And then you have to cut that thinking out because there's no time to think. You have to rush straight back to the front and do the whole thing all over again, as fast as you can. People will die if you don't.

Imagine seeing incompetent officers lead men to their deaths. At least if you were with them you could do something, maybe help them but you can't. For an officer, their success is judged by how many of the enemy they kill. For you, it's how many of your own you can save. And you just can't save them all.
>>
that's not mozart. it's beethoven.
>>
File: 1440171690536.jpg (11 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1440171690536.jpg
11 KB, 323x323
>>71128041
>
>>
>>71128041
Oh
>>
>>71127330
Tbh it's my favorite episode. I like medics
>>
File: 1465237499481.jpg (29 KB, 412x430) Image search: [Google]
1465237499481.jpg
29 KB, 412x430
Wild Bill best soldier, rest in peace his legs
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.