[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your honest opinion on this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: joss_whedon.jpg (113 KB, 1290x682) Image search: [Google]
joss_whedon.jpg
113 KB, 1290x682
What's your honest opinion on this man?
>>
>>71126670
POTSIE!!!!

>he did lots of pot
>>
i like his themes, like feminism, time travel, and deep plots
>>
>>71126670
head like a fucking pear
>>
>>71126670

I think he had good intentions. I feel he saw that there wasn't a lot of good female badasses and sought to change that.

I since feel like he's made a huge mistake, because the tables have turned and there's no real gender bias anymore, he's realizing the glass ceiling was broken 20 - 30 years ago and he's been pandering to a crowd that will never be happy with anything he does.

He's doomed himself to being forever unsatisfied because he lives off the gratification of his "fans" and those fans are now modern day feminists who he's managed to piss off by simply being himself.

And he hasn't realized that he would never make them happy even if he ripped off his own dick and sent it up a flagpole.
>>
>>71126670
Stefan? He's okay, getting more red pilled by the day. He has very cultish fans though. Also :

>not an argument
>>
I can't imagine the feeling of slowly turning into Ron Howard...
>>
>>71126670
Can someone please explain why feminists hate him and why he dropped off the face of the Earth after making Avengers? I don't know much about the guy and I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>71127842

It didn't cater to them and they saw it as an attack rather than simply acknowledging the fact that there's a several million magnitude more people willing to pay for this than them that have expectations.
>>
>>71126670
Overrated hack, and the only decent thing he's ever done (Firefly) was decent despite his involvement and would have gone to shit by season 2 anyway.
>>
File: oh, the ironing.png (697 KB, 601x754) Image search: [Google]
oh, the ironing.png
697 KB, 601x754
>>71127842
He was friends with anita until she decided to backstab him and shit on his work (no surprises there). So all of Anita's minions started dogpilling him. She even taunted him saying "u alright there bruh? :^)"
>>
HORK HORK HORK
>>
>>71129344
>anita was friends with a at the time big hollywood director who released the avengers which made billions

She is more of a threat to freedom and society than I thought before. I thought she was a fringe feminazi with followers...
>>
Do you think he realizes what an idiot he was?
>>
Last truly great thing he did was the Serenity movie.

I think he's better off as a writer, not a director. He could use his new power in Hollywood to write great dialogue for film without studio interference like in the Buffy heyday and leave the visuals to others better suited.
>>
>>71126670
He's basically the modern day Michael Bay.
>>
>>71127286
I myself am a fan of the tight shot.
>>
>>71129462
I think he does deep down, but won't admit it to himself
>>
>>71127527
PLAY A FUCKING RECORD
>>
He was a screenwriter on Toy Story (masterpiece) and he directed The Avengers (a fun action movie) so yeah call me a fan.
>>
>>71126670
Post-Kino
>>
>>71129344
I knew that they had hung out and made this but I didn't know she took shots at him afterwards. More details/cites, please. Trying to put together something on this.

It's tragic. I loved Buffy and Angel, even with their flaws.

I largely agree that he has made his own bed and must now lie in it, but I don't think he's fully realized just how fucked he is. He essentially shit on the people who supported him before for the very ephemeral favor of feminists who will still see him, like any white male in feminism (Tim Wise) as a target. Take him down for street cred.

Aside from Teh Feminizms, he allows himself to become easily distracted and will transition to new projects without wrapping up old ones. Handing Buffy off to Marti Noxon was a mistake.
>>
>>71130207
>but I didn't know she took shots at him afterwards
She didn't. I was joking. She only asked if he's okay (probably just to not look like the villain in the story). But that was enough for Whedon to go "s-see? They still totally respect me!.... ;_;"
>>
>>71126670
Weak numale faggot.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.