[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Spider-Man: Homecoming be a box office failure domestically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: chinesewontlike.jpg (109 KB, 1292x478) Image search: [Google]
chinesewontlike.jpg
109 KB, 1292x478
Will Spider-Man: Homecoming be a box office failure domestically and overseas (especially Asian markets) because of the casting and pandering?
>>
I sincerely hope the plethora of minority characters being cast are new original characters. Blackwashing bugs the fuck out of me.
>>
>>71124927
Who cares. Star Wars succeeded without them.

Asian market importance is overblown.
>>
>>71124927
I feel like this would be a Trey Parker and Matt Stone parody of that gawdawful NY Spiderman musical by that autistic chick. "All my friends are black! My mom is black but my aunt is a spic, etc etc"
>>
Daily reminder that Queens is still mostly white.
>>
>>71125002
Yeah. That would be a good solution. And let the white characters be white or just not include them at all. Limbo is a better fate than a racelift.
>>
>>71125119
Queens here, it's mostly asian now
>>
>>71125276
Census says it's still like 40% white. Then Hispanic, then Asian, then black.
>>
>>71125333
Flushing's full of asians. I live in Whitestone, which kinda lives up to its name
>>
I don't give shit anymore. I saw the first 3 spider-man movies on opening day, 14 years ago, I don't have the interest to see another one. It shouldn't take 6 damn movies to get him right. I'll stick with the first 3 and spectacular.
>>
>>71124927
No because it's a marvel movie, also Black Panther is going to be a hit too. This board has predicted so much wrong shit that its baffling.
>>
>>71124927
Man, Spectacular Spider-Man was so good.
>>
Okay. When was the last adaption of any piece of fiction where there wasn't a blackwashed character? Seriously, when? It feels like it's been at least ten years.
>>
File: perfect.jpg (30 KB, 655x362) Image search: [Google]
perfect.jpg
30 KB, 655x362
I just want him back damn it!
>>
>>71125720
The new Star Trek movies don't have any blackwashed characters.

In fact, they whitewashed Kahn.
>>
File: black_cat_by_fredbenes-d8i7lft.jpg (292 KB, 1024x1449) Image search: [Google]
black_cat_by_fredbenes-d8i7lft.jpg
292 KB, 1024x1449
>ywn get to cheat on Black Gwen and Black MJ with Black Cat.
>>
File: poetry.jpg (59 KB, 709x913) Image search: [Google]
poetry.jpg
59 KB, 709x913
>>71125797
>Black Cat is the only white main character
>>
>>71125796
Yeah. But that's because the franchise started before this shit became mainstream.
>>
>>71124927
>Pete breaks up with his awesome Latina gf to hook up with Gwen
>Gwen doesn't break up with that other loser out of pity
What a great way to leave things off. I mean it.
>>
>>71125837
>is white AND slutty.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.