[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't there more Swedish television characters? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: god_speaks-creation-clouds.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
god_speaks-creation-clouds.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Why aren't there more Swedish television characters? Is it because the Swedish Chef reduced the credibility of the Swedish people in the eye of the American public? Are American studios and networks excluding Swedish actors from television productions out of fear that the audience will do nothing but make "Hinga Dinga" jokes for about 4 minutes and never watch the show again?
>>
>>71120895
>Why aren't there more Swedish television characters

We already have too many blacks as it is
>>
Sweden is a tiny, tiny fucking country, with a population of like 9 million, less than a single large US metropolitan area like LA.

If anything Sweden is over-represented in American culture simply by having the Swedish bikini team show up in Dumb and Dumber.
>>
because to america, that's just another random country

if someone were pointing a gun at me, I would be forced to guess which one sweden is

I think its one of the ones in the penis peninsula?

also swedes look, guess what, like white americans
>>
File: 1466524547466.jpg (61 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1466524547466.jpg
61 KB, 413x395
>>71120895
Most of them work in foreign films.
>>
>>71120994
There were no Swedish bikini team. It was just one Swedish model.

>>71121047
We're the actual penis, yes.

Some Swedish characters I can think of on the fly are the young buisiness man from Mr.Robot, Dr. Solomon and his wife from Minority Report, Alexander SkarsgÄrds guy in True Blood, that loser with a mother complex from Rose Red and Anna Anka from Dumb & Dumber.
>>
>>71121560
Most of those aren't even TV shows.
>>
>>71120895

Because no one except for the Reddit cucks give a shit about Sweden.
>>
>>71121757
Anna Anka is the only one who's exclusively from the big screen. Dr.Solomon and wife are both featured in the TV-show and the movie so that makes them Swedish television characters. Also, if you're refering to Rose Red, it's a TV movie.

What was your point again?
>>
>>71122112
A miniseries based on a Stephen King novel is hardly representative of the television industry as a whole. Also, Minority Report was cancelled after 10 episodes, probably because of the Swedish guy. Swedes are ratings killers.
>>
Everything people know in America about Sweden is that they make meatballs, gravlax, cheap furniture, and they or one of their neighboring countries used to make better quality cellphones than Japan or the US.

The stereotype used to be beautiful blond haired, blue eyed girls, but now it's just "they're letting in all the refugees". Aren't you also the only country that has a philosopher as an adviser to whatever you call your president? I always thought that was pretty cool, but I might be thinking of Denmark.

Yeah, most people don't know about Swedish people because there isn't much to be known unless you write a paper in grade school or actually go visit. At least you're not Iceland.
>>
>>71122713
Why do you keep saying "you" like you're talking to Sweden?
>>
>>71123119

Well, the point of my post was basically that nobody really cares about Sweden, other than Sweden. With that in mind, the logical conclusion would be that the only people who care about Swedish characters being underrepresented in Hollywood would be Swedes.
>>
>>71123437
I'm a German-English Mexican gyppo American.
>>
>>71123483
That basically sounds close enough to swedish to me.

T. regular American
>>
>>71123521
Germans and English built this country, and Mexicans are a major part of the population, and have been for a very long time. The gyppo part just adds flair.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.