[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still don't understand the significance of why V for Vendetta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: eggie in the basket.jpg (142 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
eggie in the basket.jpg
142 KB, 1600x1067
I still don't understand the significance of why V for Vendetta had them both making Eggie in the Basket.

What did the directors mean by this? Seriously any guess is welcomed.
>>
because it's a nutritious breakfast
>>
Your feeble mind wouldn't understand anyway.
>>
>>71113406
the state of that frying pan
>>
File: DSCF4263a.jpg (233 KB, 1600x2400) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4263a.jpg
233 KB, 1600x2400
>>71113406
>>
>>71113901
now im hungry
>>
File: aedrg.png (114 KB, 622x282) Image search: [Google]
aedrg.png
114 KB, 622x282
>>71113901
2008was a good year for /ck/..
>>
File: 1463254970534.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1463254970534.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>71113406
>trying to make this
>bottom of the toast gets darker and darker while the yolk doesn't get any heat
>>
>>71113406
egg in basket = womb = v for vendetta is a chick

the story about the lesbian who wrote notes and left them hidden in the prison cell is the story of v for vendetta

they tried to wipe her memory and identity, but she managed to save some of it
>>
>>71113940
This, can someone explain the proper method
>>
>>71113926
Ingredients:
-2 slices of bread
-2 eggs
-1 slice of cheese
-butter

Directions:
1: Cut a circular hole in both pieces of bread with the mouth of a drinking glass.
2: Melt some butter in a hot skillet.
3: Place one slice of bread into the hot skill.
4: Break an egg into the hole of the bread in the skillet; lower the fire/heat to near-lowest setting.
5: Place the slice of cheese on top of the egg and bread in the skillet.
6: Place second slice of bread on top of the slice of cheese.
7: Break second egg into the hole of the top piece of bread and cheese.
8: Cover the skillet with a lid; cook for a few minutes or until egg on top is starting to turn white without burning the bottom.
9: Carefully flip the entire sandwich; cover and cook until golden brown on both sides.

Tips:
-Low heat and a lid are essential. This will depend on your skillet and stove top; experiment.
-Hold the bread down slightly until the first egg has had time to cook ever-so-slightly to prevent it from floating the bread up and oozing under it and out.
-Fry/toast the cut out pieces separately and eat.
>>
>>71113940
use lower heat
use actual butter

very hard to fuck up
>>
>Alan gave some details about bits of the V For Vendetta shooting script he'd seen. "It was imbecilic; it had plot holes you couldn't have got away with in Whizzer And Chips in the nineteen sixties. Plot holes no one had noticed."

>What Moore found most laughable however were the details. "They don't know what British people have for breakfast, they couldn't be bothered. 'Eggy in a basket' apparently. Now the US have 'eggs in a basket,' whish is fried bread with a fried egg in a hole in the middle. I guess they thought we must eat that as well, and thought 'eggy in a basket' was a quaint and Olde Worlde version. And they decided that the British postal service is called Fedco. They'll have thought something like, 'well, what's a British version of FedEx... how about FedCo? A friend of mine had to point out to them that the Fed, in FedEx comes from 'Federal Express.' America is a federal republic, Britain is not."
>>
>>71113972
cut a hole out for the egg

itll be a mess though and prob gotta use a fork unless you cook the yolk until it isnt runny

never done it tho I'm not a bong
>>
File: 1402905467615.jpg (922 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1402905467615.jpg
922 KB, 1632x1224
>>71113406
>tfw my dad makes this for me except he uses pita bread instead of toast

It is godly
>>
>>71113940
>>71113972

how can you be this retarded?
>>
apparently is just a dumb stereotype of what British people eat for breakfast
>>
>>71114056
Wow someone actually found the legit reason for it. Impressed.
>>
>>71114056
Moore is based.
>>
>>71113901
disgusting
>>
Why bother with all this hard shit. just throw bread in toaster and cook eggs.
>>
>>71113901
>American """"""cheese""""".
>>
Back to your containment board you crossposting cu/ck/ fucking scum. Everyone hates you and your Gordon Ramsey spam and your 'go'za memes. You Srirachafags don't even know that /ck/ is fucking satire.

I swear, every fucking thread on 4chan is either started as a thinly veiled /ck/ thread or gets derailed by you alcoholic shitposters. Please go back to your booru and kill yourselves.
>>
>>71113901
All it needs now is a dash of 'chup.
>>
>>71114056
>>71114556
>>71114634
As an extra 'fuck you' to Moore, didn't they include a line about "What kind of self respecting Brit doesn't know Eggy in a Basket?"

Pretty good movie, but much less nuanced and interesting than the graphic novel I thought.
>>
>>71114752
Actually that was pre-sliced cheddar in the same wrappers as the American cheese product.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.