[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Filmmaking Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: coppola.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
coppola.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
What are some of the best movies about filmmaking out there?
>>
Day for Night
>>
File: 909.jpg (476 KB, 1819x2480) Image search: [Google]
909.jpg
476 KB, 1819x2480
Applicable to art in general but obviously its directly focused on film
>>
a DOCUMENTARY of the production
idk lol

or 4th wall breaking meta films about films?

Probably Godard, Antonioi and De Palma from what I've seen
>>
>>71113233
Inception.
>>
File: hod.jpg (73 KB, 580x849) Image search: [Google]
hod.jpg
73 KB, 580x849
>>
>>71113233
American Movie
Adaptation.
Seven Psychopaths
>>
AMERICAN MOVIE
>>
>>71113258
awww yeah, this guy knows whats up. I'll add Tristram Shandy
>>
File: that moment.gif (1023 KB, 245x183) Image search: [Google]
that moment.gif
1023 KB, 245x183
That Moment is about the making of Magnolia from its pre-production to PTA winning the Golden Bear in Berlin.

Probably the best example of "behind the scenes" I can think of. It shows a lot about the filmmaking process and seeing PTA in his element is honestly a real joy to watch.

The whole thing is on youtube last time I checked.
>>
File: my life directed.jpg (94 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
my life directed.jpg
94 KB, 750x750
Is this good? Heard it shows how much of a narcissistic tryhard Refn is.
>>
>>71113306
that poster is honestly terrible. would have preferred some close up of Coppola like the criterion cover for Hunger than that shit.
>>
>>71113498
I could only make it through half of it because at that point it was just a film about Refn not knowing what he was doing.

There's a George Lucas Phantom Menace moment of him falling apart in front of a bunch of story notes. Worth watching if you wanna see stuff like that or if you wanna be jealous of his beautiful wife.
>>
>>71113676
Actually nevermind I just looked her up again and she's not super.
>>
There's a lot of really good behind the scenes stuff for The Social Network and the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

I prefer the Social Network stuff. GWTDT is a bit disjointed.
>>
>>71113425
theres some unofficial behind the scenes stuff for The Master on youtube
>>
>>71113498
It shows how much of an insecure autist he is
Probably the most interesting thing was how the production got more money by being paid in wads of cash (like a drug deal) in exchange for Goose and Refn to appear at some Thai film festival
>>
>>71113498
>narcissistic tryhard Refn is
Not really. Not at all, actually.

You mainly see him be extremely autistic and how his wife and kids sort of hold him back
>>
File: The-Dirties-Promo.jpg (118 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
The-Dirties-Promo.jpg
118 KB, 960x960
I quite liked this. Its intentionally very low production value but it kept my attention and managed to make me feel quite shocked.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 182x268
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.