[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the normies convinced that Tywin was a bad guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: Tywin-Lannister.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tywin-Lannister.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
Why are the normies convinced that Tywin was a bad guy?
>>
>white
>rich
>powerful

Gee... You tell me...
>>
because he was vindictive to the point of blindness about tyrion, and ended up engineering his own downfall as a result
>>
Pretty sure most ppl respect him for being a #baller
>>
>>71108985
>rich

But D&D said the gold reserves dried up, you do respect superior D&D lore don't you?
>>
>>71108985
He was actually surprisingly merciful towards Aria though. Shit, considering the world he lives in, he was downright magnanimous.
>>
>>71109080
Arya* You know who I meant.
>>
They miss the part where his previous administration was magnificient despite taking place durin the previous pyromaniac Mad King.
>>
>>71108946
He was the best character. His and aryas short friendship was cool
>>
File: 1440279477904.png (334 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
1440279477904.png
334 KB, 551x550
>>71108946
"Any man who must say 'I am the cook' is no true cook."
t. pretentious person
>>
Tyrion is a character designed specifically to be everyone's favorite. The character responsible for most of his misery and pain is of course going to be a bad guy in most people's eyes.

And like >>71108988 said, he was unwilling to see past his hatred for his midget son to see that he was actually an extremely effectual leader behind the scenes, just like he was. He was the best person to take up Tywin's role in the family, but the last person Tywin wanted to give it to.
>>
>>71108985
Normies don't buy into that SJW/tumblr shit dumbass
>>
>>71109272
>being a cook is the result of being perceived to be a cook by others

nice comparison anon
>>
>>71108946
All the normies I know think he was a badass
Stop lying anon
>>
>>71109272
This is a shitpost, right? Surely someone can understand the meaning behind that sentence even with a remedial understanding of English, correct?
>>
>>71109272
I believe that the point was that simply claiming you are a ruler does not in fact make you a ruler. Glad I could clear that up for you.
>>
>>71109326
Normies have respect and like villains all the time. Doesn't mean they aren't villains. Normies love the Queen of Thorns much better despite being a very similar character because she's portrayed as being sympathetic.
>>
File: 1435761557711.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1435761557711.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
"Any man who must say 'I am the cuck' is no true cuck."
>>
I think you got it backwards, the normies loved Tywin and thought he was awesome because D&D made him look warm, kind and grandfatherly in his scenes with Arya, instead of the despicable, evil, spiteful man that intentionally had Elia Martell raped and murdered and sends the Mountain and his men to rape and brutalise smallfolk in the Riverlands.
>>
>>71109272
It sort of applies even in your stupid strawman, which is funny. If you're the cook in the kitchen and you have to remind people of that rather than them just knowing it through your charge and your actions then you're probably a shitty cook. What Tywin said there was really succinct and deeply meaningful, the opposite of pretentious.
>>
>>71109400
I am the cuck

nice dubs btw, feeling pretty good about your post overall desu
>>
File: Disdain4plebs.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
Disdain4plebs.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>71109415
>the despicable, evil, spiteful man that intentionally had Elia Martell raped and murdered

Tywin never did that you avocado
>>
File: 1464121998798.png (368 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
1464121998798.png
368 KB, 640x629
>>71108946
Because only normies watch that shit.
>>
>>71109520
>has a crack team of rapists
>sends them to kill Elia Martell with no specific conditions
but how could he have KNOWN they would rape her
>>
>>71109415
>intentionally had Elia Martell raped and murdered

Fucking retard. Oberyn was a paranoid schizophrenic, every bit of evidence shows that the mountain was acting on his own. The show decided to play up the whole "muh badass avenger" bullshit, and you fell for it.
>>
>>71109415
You realize that most accounts of Hitler note that he was extremely personable and nice in person, right?

People, despite the evil deeds they do, are not one-dimensional, and anybody short of a psychopath can be kind, loving, and reasonable despite being responsible for atrocities. Only simple-minded people demand characters to be devoid of humanity and evil killing machines.

Tywin Lannister is a great character. Ramsey Bolton isn't.
>>
>>71108946
Because the red wedding was his idea.
>>
>>71109596
Tywin says that he never knew the Mountain (infamous rapist and murderer) would rape and murder Elia, even though he never gave the order for the Mountain not to rape/murder. I think he did that intentionally as revenge for Rhaegar not marrying Cersei.
>>
>>71109580
Tywin admits to Tyrion that he didn't know what he had in Clegane and Lorch, he says had he forbidden them to rape they would have but because he didn't specify it they did. Tywin even chewed out Lorch for brutally murdering Rhegar's children when "a quiet word and soft pillow" would have done the job just as well.
>>
Tywin is awesome. He was demanding but fair for his family and minions alike.
He knew how to manage his resources and make them grow. He was ruthless but not sadistic towards his enemies, just like any self-respecting man should be.
And he was even the bff of Aerys for many years, managing the kingdom, making it wealthy and powerful without once asking for praise or a thank you. Until Aerys heard someone say that it was Tywin who was really running the seven kingdoms (which was true) instead of Aerys, and then he got butthurt and became paranoid of Tywin.

Lord Tywin wore no crown, yet he was all a king should be. And every man on this earth should aspire to be like him.
>>
>>71109317
/thread
>>
>>71109614
Even GG Allin is claimed to have been really nice in person. And Ted Bundy once saved a kid from drowning.
>>
>>71109671
No one knew shit about the mountain at the time of Robert's Rebellion you pleb. He was a newly knighted teenager who's only know quality was his massive size. It was only AFTER the sack of King's Landing he became known as a rapist and monster
>>
>>71109671
>Send an anointed knight to do something
>Suddenly a bad guy when the knight does something he isn't suppose to do

Get fucked
>>
>>71109080
He knew she was arya you tard she captured her but she escaped
>>
>>71109835
No he fucking didn't. Otherwise he wouldn't hand her over to Clegane to be raped and murdered.
>>
File: uu.jpg (21 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
uu.jpg
21 KB, 450x299
>>71109835
He didn't know she was Arya dipshit
>>
>>71108946
He was surrounded by incompetent idiots and had to compensate by being ruthless in order to ensure the survival of his house.
>>
>>71109835
>>71109896
>>71109898
*IF he knew she was arya HE would have captured her, but she escaped before he found out
my bad, dont know how I could fuck up that much
>>
>>71109898
He did, he's Not stupid he knew she wasn't low born
>>
>>71108946
>spend your whole life trying to redeem your family from the disaster your father brought it into
>accomplish it with hard work and effort
>manage to make the Lannisters one of the most powerful houses of Westeros
>fall in love with a woman and have three children
>two start fucking each other and the other is a fucking dwarf
>he kills his wife to boot
>they start doing retarded shit like giving up their heritage or marrying whores
>do your best to fix their mistakes time and time again
>the dwarf one is mad that you fucked his whore, a completely normal and legit transaction
>he murders you in the shitter

Tywin had a hard life.
>>
>>71108946
Because he BTFO of the idiot Starks and muh feelings.
>>
>>71108946

>normies fav character is tyrion and he was mean to tyrion
>responsible for killing the starks which were the "good guys" to normies
>scowling old white dude who takes pride in his roots

pretty much
>>
>>71110001
He didn't know it was Arya, otherwise he would lock her up and send her back to King's Landing.
>>
File: JamieLannisterVsDorne.webm (3 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
JamieLannisterVsDorne.webm
3 MB, 1280x533
>>71110001
If he knew she was Arya Stark he would have sent her under armed guard back to Kingslanding or at least attempted to trade her for Jamie you fucking retarded retard
>>
>>71109080
Mmm no... He handed her over to the fucking Mountain and recommended to make him drunk
>>
>>71110001
>>71110000
close m8
>>
>>71109031

dried up yes but they still have a fuck tonne of gold in reserves. that plus all the debts people owe them.
>>
>>71109835
>>71110001
All he knew is she wasn't lowborn. He didn't know she was Arya and didn't actually give much of a fuck, because he would be interrogating her otherwise.
>>
>>71108946
Tywin was a pretty shitty guy, to be honest. He was only interested in furthering the prestige of his house, regardless of the cost of honor.
>having the young Targaryen children and Rhaegar's wife murdered instead of keeping them as hostages
>coming late to Robert's cause
Not to mention, the way he constantly shit on Tyrion when Tyrion was clearly the heir that his house needed. Jaime only wanted one thing, first Cersei and then later the redemption of his own honor, whereas Tyrion did his best to be loyal to House Lannister, was an effective leader, a fine ruler as Hand, and an honorable man to boot.

Tywin was clever, but his cleverness was hard and unkind and in his attempts to raise up House Lannister back to its former glory, he set it up to be buried.
>>
>>71110032
>The dwarf one is mad that you fuck his whore
You forget the part where Tywin had his first love killed, and was letting Tyrion be executed while fucking his new one.

You're right, anon. Tywin is 100% the victim here. Tyrion, despite the whores, booze and being a dwarf, was everything Tywin wanted Jamie to be.
>>
This show went really downhill fast after he died.
>>
>>71110182

you might even say it went down the shitter
>>
>>71110178
He didn't kill anyone, he ordered a whore to marry Tyrion so he could get some action.
10/10 parenting if you ask me
>>
File: REEEEE.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>71110178
>this whole post

Tywin was having of no intention of Tyrion being execute
>>
>>71110338

Clearly he did. He'd been hoping that Tyrion would die throughout the series.
>>
>>71110252
Nevermind that was Jaime.
He still didn't kill her though, he just showed Tyrion that she was a whore.
>>
>>71110413
Wrong you mong, even after Oberyn got rekt he was still going to let Tyrion join the Night's Watch
>>
>>71110458

Yeah. As long as he renounced his name, Tywin was happy. Death was a second best option so that Tyrion wouldn't embarrass the house any further.
>>
>>71110413
No he wouldn't because that would make Jaime mad as fuck.
He made Jaime give up his position as a Kingsguard and become his successor in exchange of forgiving Tyrion's life.
>>
>"I'm your writ small"

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71109343
>>71109345
>>71109443
>>71109322
I believe he was referring to the Brazzers clip. Which is funny.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.