[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Birth of a Nation - Nat Turner biopic https://www.youtu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: birth of a nation.jpg (146 KB, 1053x414) Image search: [Google]
birth of a nation.jpg
146 KB, 1053x414
The Birth of a Nation - Nat Turner biopic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i18z1EQCoyg

How much butthurt will this cause?
>>
>>71107418
is this part of the Planet of the Apes cinematic universe?
>>
>>71107418
OMFG. IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>71107418
I'm not from /pol/ but this movie looks like overly melodramatic drivel.
>>
>>71107418
So a white racist made a movie 100 years ago about how black people should all be killed and Hollywood applauded him

In response a century later a black racist makes a remake about how all white people should be killed and Hollywood is gonna applaud him, too

Really makes you think
>>
>>71108097

Time is a flat circle.
>>
>>71108127
I wonder what we will get in 2116 when rodriguez finally releases his shitty flick
>>
>>71108040
This does look like melodrama, gosh

I really want a movie that actually focuses on the riot, not movie #9558 just pitying a slave.
>>
>>71108040
most of the reviews I've seen so far agree with this sentiment. Apparently it's very heavy-handed, overwrought and the historical accuracy is highly questionable.
>>
>>71107418
Can't wait to go see it with my wife and her boyfriend
>>
>>71108040
agreed

that's true of most biopics though
>>
>>71108097
>a black racist makes a remake about how all white people should be killed

That's an irrational takeaway
>>
>>71107418
looks like shit senpai
>>
Snoop Dogg was right. Slave movies need to stopped. When they make a movie glorifying a killer who raped and murdered women and children things have gone too far.
>>
KILL WHITEY

KILL WHITEY

KIIIIIL WHITEY
>>
>>71109417
people still think Andrew Jackson was a good guy and idolize the confederate south so i don't see why this is any worse
>>
>>71109311
Interesting that you focused on that instead of the fact that the original film doesn't argue for genocide either
>>
>>71109448
Andrew Jackson didn't personally rape and murder for pleasure though. He was an elected official who defended his nation and ordered the movement of peoples in a less than humane way. Nat Turner physically held down women and violently beat them into submission before forcing his genitals into their body.

If you can't see the difference you're honestly a little bit retarded and not worth speaking to

Adios
>>
>>71107418
this will get 10 oscars
>>
>>71109448
>Andrew jackson
>not the best guy

It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their selfish purposes. Distinctions in society will always exist under every just government. Equality of talents, of education, or of wealth can not be produced by human institutions. In the full enjoyment of the gifts of Heaven and the fruits of superior industry, economy, and virtue, every man is equally entitled to protection by law; but when the laws undertake to add to these natural and just advantages artificial distinctions, to grant titles, gratuities, and exclusive privileges, to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society — the farmers, mechanics, and laborers — who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government. There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing.
>>
File: 1466535365124.jpg (73 KB, 829x539) Image search: [Google]
1466535365124.jpg
73 KB, 829x539
>>71107418
very few people will actually see it. It will mainly be a black audience and that is if tyler perry doesn't have anything out or on tv.
>>
>>71109448
Because Andrew Jackson was a good guy and you've been reading too much fucking Howard Zinn you white guilt ridden idiot.
>>
>>71107418
>All this wasted potential
I really hope this trailer is bait and not indicative of the actual movie.
If they made Turner an extremely conflicted, damaged man and portrayed the extreme violence as a result of that it would be a guaranteed great movie. It would actually show the dehumanizing effects of slavery to a greater and truer extent.
>>
>>71109523
>>71109417

Where's it say he raped someone? I briefly looked into it and couldn't find anything.
>>
Why do white people love slave movies so much
>>
>>71110223
emotional masochism
>>
>>71110223
>Why do white people love slave movies so much

mindofaliberal.png
rubbinghands.png
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.