[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need names of films with the theme of revenge, but the protagonist(s)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: munich1.jpg (59 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
munich1.jpg
59 KB, 1024x768
I need names of films with the theme of revenge, but the protagonist(s) questioning their choices along the way. Like asking themselves if it's really worth it.
>>
>>71107149
Munich
>>
>>71107545
UNIRONICALLY THIS

>WHEN THEY SHOOT THAT NAKED NAZI SLOOT TRYING TO TRADE SEX FOR HER LIFE, IN THE TITTY WITH THE BICYCLE PUMP GUN

SHIEEEEEEEET
>>
>>71107149

Green Zone

Matt Damon as a US Intelligence Officer working in Iraq finds out the WMD thing is bullshit and the entire war is based on lies
>>
>>71107819
I remember the trailers to this were very misleading. It tried to make it look like The Bourne Iraqi but I remember the actual movie being more of a sedate thriller.

There was even a out of context scene of Greg Kinnear in a control room saying "TAKE DOWN THAT SUNNVABITCH!" to make it seem like he was talking about Matt Damon instead of an entirely different character.
>>
>>71107149
History teacher showed us this in class. That telephone bomb was some crazy shit to see as a kid.
>>
>>71107645
>>71108189

Yeah this movie was fuckin lit. But please guys I need examples of similar movies.
>>
>>71107149
Count of Monte Cristo, obviously.
Original film though. That new one he had no problem with the revenge.
>>
Dead man's shoes.
Personally I think it's shit, but a lot of plebs like it.
>>
>>71108792

Oh shit that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thank you.
>>
Anyone got more examples?
>>
Blue Ruin
>>
>>71109935

Need to rewatch that.
>>
>>71107149
All korean thrillers.
>>
File: 2008 revanche.jpg (217 KB, 930x1378) Image search: [Google]
2008 revanche.jpg
217 KB, 930x1378
revanche is exactly what you want
>>
>>71110878
ITS NOT THAT GOOD

FYI, IN BRUGES
>>
File: The-Kingdom-Gallery-14.jpg (371 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
The-Kingdom-Gallery-14.jpg
371 KB, 800x445
>>71107149
Munich is fucking amazing and Spielberg's greatest of the 21st century I'd say.

OP should watch The Kingdom. The Kingdom is compact but it tells the story so well, with characters and situations that are compelling.
>>
I hate Munich. Spielberg is such a bad moviemaker when it comes to political themes. He is far too one sided even so much that it gets hilarious how black and white his worldview seems to be. Bridge of Spies is even worse in that regard, although both Munich and BoS are pretty entertaining.
>>
>>71112260
Zionist shill detected.
>>
>>71112149

In Bruges isn't about revenge.
>>
>>71108005
Yah the trailers made it seem like an action movie but there really wasn't much action
>>
>>71112277
Nah, I still think Spielberg is one of the best filmmaker of all time. I love most of his movies, but when he tries political stuff, he always fails, because he is far too one sided
>>
>>71112277
Is this a joke? Munich makes it seem like Israel was completely innocent in the Olympic killings when they were caused by Israel's oppression of the Palestinian natives. The movie itself is full of Zionist propaganda
>>
>>71112427
How does Israels relation in the middle east relate too a bunch of Terrorists murdering innocent people at the Olympics in Germany? Are you implying that they had it coming?
>>
>>71112427
>Munich makes it seem like Israel was completely innocent in the Olympic killings when they were caused by Israel's oppression of the Palestinian natives.
Holy fuck did you even watch the movie? The Palestinians are portrayed as disparate fanatics with their backs against the wall. Israel is portrayed as ruthless. The ending spelled it out for you!
>>
>>71112427
>makes it seem like Israel was completely innocent
You should rewatch friend
>>
>>71112427
i wonder what it's like to be retarded
>>
>>71112554
Who the fuck do you think killed them in Germany? The fucking Palis you Jewish retard
>>71112563
I didn't view it that way at all. It shows the Jews being on some holy mission while the Palestinians are a bunch of bumbling retards connected with the KGB and enjoying nice parties on the southern Spanish coast. I viewed Bana's emotional concern being over the futility of the cause, not whether it was OK to be righteous.
>>71112635
>>71112637
How's it feel knowing that you fall for Jewish propaganda? Spielberg is a Jew you morons, his movies are all pro-Israel. Good goyim.
>>
>>71112697
>/pol/tard reveals his true colors
hah triggert
>>
File: back_to_reddit.jpg (197 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
back_to_reddit.jpg
197 KB, 717x880
>>71112747
JIDF please go where you are wanted
>>
>>71112697
Why is Munich considered an "anti-Zionist" film? Many of the Palestinians they kill are living in squalor and just trying to get by. The handler who provides the Jews with intel is a morally reprehensible character to say the least.
>>
>>71112697
Are you illiterate? We said the movie doesn't portray Israel as completely innocent, which is what you claimed it did. How does that mean we're fallling for Jewish propaganda you dense fuck?
>>
>>71112828
>>71112823
Good goys, Israel dindu nuffin that's rite

meanwhile they continue to fuck my country up the ass daily, they fucking hate us in Spain...
>>
>>71112873
>Israel dindu nuffin that's rite
They fucking did that's what the movie said. They continued the cycle of blooshed
>>
>>71112873
i don't think you've seen the movie, or read any of the posts you're responding to
>>
>>71112873
So you are illiterate then.
>>
File: 6002241.jpg (166 KB, 2400x1350) Image search: [Google]
6002241.jpg
166 KB, 2400x1350
>>71107149
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 355x142) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 355x142
>>71112335

>but the protagonist(s) questioning their choices along the way
IN BRUGES IN SPADES

PLUS TECHNICALLY FIENNES TRIES TO EXACT REVENGE ON FARRELL FOR KILLING THE KID, EVEN THOUGH ITS PRESENTED AS UPHOLDING HITMAN CODE AND HIERARCHY
>>
>>71113624

It's not what I'm looking for because he regrets his action as soon as he shoots the midget, not during the whole time leading up to it.

I'm looking for something were a protagonist wants revenge but questions if their revenge is really worth it.
>>
>>71113624
in bruges is just pinter
>>
> Thread becomes an Israeli- Palestine conflict discussion

What did I expect?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.