[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other kino like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 183x275
Any other kino like this?
>>
>that one movie /tv/ tricked you into watching
>>
>>71097666
Not enough orcs for ya?
>>
>>71097627

God, I hate this movie.

Tree of life was pretentious, but it wasn't as bad as this. 2 hours of a handheld camera filming nothing while the actors talk in monotone over the top saying shitty platitudes straight out of a teenage girls diary: "You gave me peace. You gave me what the world can't give. Mercy. Love. Joy. All else is cloud. Mist. Be with me. Always."

"Oh no, my hedonistic life of banging models and doing drugs isn't as fulfilling as I thought it would be, better make a shitty movie about how depressed I am".

Big fucking deal Malick, you're depressed. Everyone is depressed, it doesn't automatically validate this tryhard shit.

"But what if I divide the movie up into chapters named after tarot cards?"

Fuck you.
>>
>>71098754
>being this cynical
I will pray for your soul to sprout wings again and soar into heaven.
>>
>>71099616

I'm going to make a movie about how shitposting on /tv/ doesn't lead to self-actualization and loosely structure it on The Life and Death of Mr Badman
>>
>>71100132
Autobiographical works are always welcome :^)
>>
>>71098754
Why do you think Tree of Life was pretentious? Or do you just think that everything that isn't a goal-driven flick is pretentious?
>>
>>71097627
Some Fellini is similar. La Dolce Vita, 8 1/2, and Toby Dammit in particular.

La Grande Bellezza is somewhat similar too.
>>
>>71100287

I should clarify that I didn't actually mind the Tree of Life. I thought a lot of it was beautifully shot and at the very least it was structured in an interesting way.

I have the same problem with Malicks writing here as I did with Knight of Cups, but there was enough other things to make up for it.
>>
File: 1466473148471.jpg (1 MB, 1656x3220) Image search: [Google]
1466473148471.jpg
1 MB, 1656x3220
>>71097627
>>
>>71100350
>>71100771

Good looking out
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.