[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silicon Valley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: Silicon_valley_title.png (357 KB, 489x275) Image search: [Google]
Silicon_valley_title.png
357 KB, 489x275
Last episode's ending was fucking deperssing

I loved the Jared/Gilfoyle convo though, and Richard trying to explain things about the platform to common people. Fucking hilarious.
>>
Literally a 15 hour explanation of why you should hire a UX designer.
>>
Eh, the interface problem seemed like such a non issue, certainly not something to ruin everything. Just make a simple version with advanced options.
>>
>>71096585
UI was not the problem. Users being unable to develop a mental model of how the tech was supposed to work and devs assuming they would be able to intuit it was (and is) what is killing the product.
>>
It's ok, Dinesh's video app will save the day
>>
I want to molest Amanda Crew
>>
>>71097157
dat ass
>>
>>71096951
Yeah.

Weren't they tying to do the exact same thing with the live streaming last season? I don't even remember why they ended up dropping that idea
>>
all they had to was say pied piper puts all your shit in the cloud. the cloud is the best marketing term since app.
>>
i find richards autism pretty tiresome.

it's a cloud service and this asshole is talking about photons in yogurt.
>>
>>71096585
Yeah this app would be a huge hit with Pirates seriously you could save so much fucking hd space.
>>
>>71097242
electrons nigga
>>
See, my problem is: Terminator.
>>
>>71096924
it's fucking onedrive but better, how fucking hard to understand can it be? They're really dropping the ball on some easy fucking things, every fucking time there's tech in a show they literally can't make it work

I can't get over how much reddit loves Jared, I get it, they're also autistic faggots but get over it. He's the worst character on the show.
>>
>>71096455
I had always assumed that Dinesh was the user facing designer.
>>
This episodes twist was really a non-issue
A good UX designer, with some tutorial vids could have fixed everything
>>
>>71097317
Dinesh is a developer. There are no designers on the team.
>>
>>71097327
Literally after looking at that focus group, all they had to do was put a really simple mini-FAQ in the homescreen with shit like

"Doesn't look like the files I compressed is on my phone? Where is it?"
and
"Why isn't there a download button?"
>>
>>71097242
>>71097214
Are they allowed to even talk about he cloud on the show? I feel like they would say that if they could.
>>
>>71097317

He is a java developer that means he can't design shit.
>>
>>71097327
WHY WOULD YOU NEED A TUTORIAL VID FOR A FUCKING AUTO-SYNC-FOLDER, JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>71096394
There was a few highlights this ep
>>
>>71097309
>fucking onedrive but better, how fucking hard to understand can it be?

It's not difficult to understand at all, which is what I'm saying - any barely competent designer or product manager could tell you as well. The problem is that the team is so insular that none of them actually understand this nor can they translate the concept into terms that a normal person could understand because they assume that a lot of irrelevant info is integral to the explanation - hence Richard's extremely long workshops.
>>
>>71097265
I thought from the beginning that one of the running jokes of the show was Pied Piper is basically a Pirate's wet dream.
>>
>>71097541
>translate the concept into terms that a normal person could understand

this is where they really dropped the ball with ceo/new company plot. i wanted a few episodes of of jack hiring a marketing staff to make up a bunch marketing buzzwords and lingo to describe what pied piper does or trying to call it pied pipr instead and have richard just freak out and gilfoyle make fun of everything. i guess clippy 2.0 is more relate-able.
>>
Gavin saves everything again.
I love the animal gag.
>>
>>71097472
I'm pretty sure cloud is mentioned in some of the episodes
>>
>>71097929
It was. It was an area that Richard had a lot of difficulty with and had to get that teenager to help him solve it.
>>
>>71097541
>normal person could understand because they assume that a lot of irrelevant info is integral to the explanation
To be honest, at least with scientific "discoveries", people will take whatever you're saying as truth the more random "big words" you throw at them. Just look at any TV show talking about the latest advance in curing cancer or whatever -- they tell you something, bury it under some big words and people will be satisfied with whatever they're hearing (even when it's not true and completely inaccurate).

Richard trying to get people into what's going on behind the scenes was extreme because the average person wouldn't be interested in that at all. All they needed was a big slogan with A LITTLE explanation of why it's awesome and they're done.
>>
>>71097202
Oh lord her in that dress at the party
>>
>>71096394
so next episode they'll hire a QT3.14 UX/UI designer. solve the "problem" in one episode and get over 100k. next problem will be, the IPO.
>>
>>71099267
no, maybe next seasons.

next episode jared gets fired and elrich quits.
>>
Prove you're not pakistani paid to shit post so that this board has enough traffic to stay alive.
>>
>>71097516
i used to work in it and now teach people basic computer skills again they are fucking dumb as fuck dumber than the series suggests.

Most of them cant even

>Install apps
>manage or uninstall apps
>use installed/preinstalled apps correctly
>>
>>71099464
With the amount of reappearing threads in different boards I'm starting to suspect that

That, or some people around here are truly fucking autistic. Same fucking pictures/topics everyday.
>>
>>71099746
maybe some of us just like this show?

its like a realistic it crowd except it actually knows its shit and is actually legit funny.
>>
>>71099851
no one's criticizing the show, dumbass. they're talking about 4chan in general
>>
>>71100099
those are some impressive numbers
>>
This show is starting to suck so much
>>
>>71101168
Hi mike judge here why does it suck?

This show is basically written for you fucking nerds
>>
>>71101215
Because it became a sitcom instead of a comedy show like Veep
>>
>>71097914
>consider the elephant
>>
File: triggered.jpg (57 KB, 600x548) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
57 KB, 600x548
>>71101215
>This show is basically written for you fucking nerds
>nerds

only pedos here. nerds are at >>/g/
>>
>>71101316
>>71101262
Guess ill go write Idiocracy 2

Thanks /tv/
>>
>>71101262

Veep is shit though, this show is fucking gold
>>
>>71101316
/g/ is full of normalfags and tech-illiterate teenagers now
>>
>>71101647
Veep is great, but you have to understand at least a bit of politics
>>
>>71101647
last veep episode was fantastic though
>>
>>71101647
I've heard really great things about Veep, I've been meaning to check it out

I don't do the whole waifu thing but I've loved JLD since I was a kid watching her on Seinfeld
>>
File: 1464218113036s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1464218113036s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>71101857
>mike's room
>>
>>71097460
like people'd read that
>>
>>71101920
is she your jewfriend?
>>
Bernice was cute
>>
>>71097460
" it is like youtube but for all your files."
>>
>>71102489
They should've let her explain things

I mean she understood what Richard was saying and linked it to her own experiences in words everyone could understand
>>
>>71097914
the animal gag is my favourite part of the show now
>you better not bring in anymore fucking animals
>... of course not
>>
>>71102489
how can a nigger understands complex coding ?
>>
>>71102887
that's the direction i thought it was heading when she showed up again and they needed a last-minute way of explaining it
>>
File: 1397159388072.jpg (47 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1397159388072.jpg
47 KB, 600x800
>>71102489
>dyed, short nigger hair
>an actual nigger
>cute
>>
on the season finale, richard:
>fires the whole team
>sells the company to hooli
>fucks monica, laurie and carla at the same time
>partner with russ
>>
>>71101857
The elementary school scene was honestly the hardest I've laughed at something in tv this year
>>
>>71102887
I think that's what will happen. Maybe she will become a spokesperson of sorts to translate things to normal people
>>
>>71103113
Would not even be mad desu
>>
A FILE = PIZZA
>>
>>71097541
>The problem is that the team is so insular that none of them actually understand this nor can they translate the concept into terms that a normal person could understand
And that's the storyline. Yes, they could learn from other companies, but they don't. And watching it all unravel is the reason why we tune in each week.
>>
can someone explain what ravina does for pied piper? aren't there any consultants to help 'em figure that shit? monica's the only person that they can seek for advise?
>>
What the fuck does Richard do wrong on the next episode?
>>
>>71103526
Give them shekels
>>
Really happy to see a great episode after a streak of "meh" ones.

Surprisingly dark ending, can't wait to see Jared get fired next week.
>>
>>71103555
wasn't peter gregory supposed to sorta guide 'em in the beginning? so they just let these engineers with no business experience to run a company twice?
>>
>>71103526
seriously why are they so afraid to ask for more money? Theres no reason Richard should have wanted to just give up this episode.
>>
>>71103718
>hey, laurie. we're having some bad feedbacks about the UI. can you give us some more money to hire some designers and solve this problem?
>sure, richard. it's nice you came to me first instead of doing something silly like sell your shares to russ or some other person
>thanks, laurie

end of season
>>
>>71103666
Yes at the beginning but I think they're past that point and in their own. It's a fly or die moment

>>71103718
I don't think that's how it works. Asking a VC for more money looks really bad
>>
>>71103890
>hey, laurie. we're having some bad feedbacks about the UI. can you give us some more money to hire some designers and solve this problem?
>sure, richard. it's nice you came to me first, we'll be acquiring an additional 5% of the companys equity for the financing we are offering.
>t-thanks, laurie

fdfy
>>
>>71097483
He also can't develop for shit
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.