[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ep1 >nothing happens >I-in the next episode guys! I-it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10
File: preacher.png (147 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
preacher.png
147 KB, 446x299
>Ep1
>nothing happens
>I-in the next episode guys! I-it will be good! Herr Starr! The Saint of Killers!

>Ep2>nothing happens
>I-in the next episode guys! I-it will be good! Herr Starr! The Saint of Killers!

>Ep3
>nothing happens

>Ep4
>nothing happens

Preacher fanbase in a nutshell
>>
Besides Herr Starr the comic was terrible. So the show being terrible shouldn't be a suprise
>>
the next episode will be good tho
>>
>>71090935
I never read the comic and aside from Jewlip the show's been pretty aces for me so far. Fascinating shit.

Seriously though, Fuck Tulip.
>>
Episodes 1 and 3 were objectively GREAT TIER television and were exciting and full of interesting events and action, this can't reasonably be denied.

The only people who have a problem with this show are arseannihilated graphic novel sticklers.
>>
Fuck AMC.
Cannot adapt a story for shit.
Social engineering bullshit as well.
>>
>>71091072
Episode 1 is OK for a pilot, even if don´t set any kind of story/plot, just present the characters and that´s all. Ep3 is needed since takes a pause to explain what ep1 and 2 never did, again not bad, but not great.
>>
Why did they introduce such a late game character like Quincannon so early?
>>
>>71091195
My theory is they are aware the source material is small, so they decided to acomodate it with fillers to avoid get short and make the show run for at least 4 seasons.

I mean, nothing can explain the whole time they dedicated to the autistic scenes with Fiore and DeBlanc except if they are aware about the need of fillers.
>>
>>71091409
The show has been all filler so far
>>
I tell my friends that Herr Starr and Saint of Killers won't show up this season because Seth Rogen too much of a stoner Jew to know what to do... With them if they do, show up.
>>
>>71091723
Did the Saint Of Killers not show up in that one 1881 sequence, beginning of E2?
>>
>>71091746
yes
>>
I've read all the comics and all of the specials, Preacher is shit and it's fucking boring. I tried to watch the show because I thought maybe it'll be good as a show, maybe they'll change a few things around and actually make it interesting.

Then in the first episode I heard that dirty manc fuck's 'Irish' accent and I've decided I'm not putting myself through that shit.
>>
>>71091746
Yep. The critics of this show, though they claim to have watched it, haven't watched it.

The "Saint of Killers isn't in it" is based on a casting rumor from before the show debuted. These """people""" haven't seen the show. They're just bitter comics readers.
>>
>>71091070
>Seriously though, Fuck Tulip.
Yeha... this, i fucking hate that character, and the bitch playing her is too ugly to be a lead, she looks like a nigger/bulldog cross
>>
>>71092078
>The critics of this show, though they claim to have watched it, haven't watched it.

Is not the same to tease a character in a little segment than the character appears in the show continuity.
>>
its shit deal with it
>>
>>71090935
The show is boring as fuck.

It's only worth watching for Cassidy.
>>
>>71091723
What are you even talking about? Both have already appeared.
>>
>>71092799

they teased but they are still missing on the show.
>>
>>71092025
If it is shit and boring, why did you read the whole series and specials?
Dickwad
Preacher is a great comic series. The TV series has messed some shit up, mentioned in previous posts, but hopefully picks up soon. Looking forward to the SOK killing fools
>>
>>71093291
>but hopefully picks up soon

This never happened for any show ever
>>
So far best series on air.
But holy shit duck black tulip. Why is she being praised as the best thing in the shiw by criics? Easily the worst
>>
>>71093291
>If it is shit and boring, why did you read the whole series and specials?

Because the fucking ingrates on this site kept praising it like it was the pinnacle of comic book writing and talking shite like 'oh it gets better just wait until this chapter aand then this chapter and then this other chapter that's also fucking amazing bro'.
So I expected it to get better but it didn't, it just disapeared further and further up its own arse.
Retard
>>
>>71091633
What would be non-filler scenes in your opinion?
>>
>>71090935
Don't forget that anything getting bad/mixed reviews on /tv/ is actually good and worth watching.
>>
>>71090935
Herr Starr and the Saint already showed up
>>
>>71090935
>expecting anything less from Always More Commercials who only care about finding another walking dead and running it into the ground
>>
>>71094346
> Don't forget that anything getting bad/mixed reviews on /tv/ is actually good and worth watching.

Preacher got good reviews because of the pilot
Now some bad reviews appears based on the new episodes and the lack of plot
>>
File: 1466261774529.jpg (8 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1466261774529.jpg
8 KB, 200x250
>>71093743
Are you that fucking dense that you consumed an entire 66 issue run just hoping it'd get better? Look in the mirror before you call someone else a retard, retard
>>
>>71094681
>implying I didn't read it in under 3 days
>implying that what makes up the majority of this shit isn't terrible art

Realistically you could condense an entire issue of Preacher into a single page of a regular book, maybe two for certain issues later on in the series where they decided to get wordy and mumble on about how God is terrible.

It wasn't fucking hard.
>>
>>71094681
>66 issue

Dude, you can read that in a couple of hours, its comic books. 66 issue of Preacher have less words than a fucking Harry Potter book
>>
>>71094953
>>71095340
The point is if you read 20 issues and thought 'this is crap', why continue to 66? Putting yourself through that for no pay off. You need more hobbies if you have time to waste torturing yourself in such a manner
>>
I love supernatural shit so I'm really liking preacher. I never even heard of the comic so idaf about it. The cast is great (i already feel comfy with them especially cass - who doesn't love that guy?), the show has wonderful atmosphere, and they've done a good job with the story where they've did a lot of the world building these first few episodes setting it up to explore some deeper plot lines like the angels and the hunters that are after cass.
>>
>>71090935
Casey is the best character is this true in the Comic aswell?
>>
So Jesse's dad dies because he took quincannon's ashtray right?

Also why the fuck is his dad a preacher? Are they just going to ignore Jody and him finding his mom?

Also no Pardner so far is pure bullshit
>>
>>71097293
>(i already feel comfy with them especially cass - who doesn't love that guy?)

Barf.
>>
Why can't comicfags judge something objectively?
>>
>>71090935
who's playing saint of killers? better be a big fucker
>>
>>71097482

I can objectively say that Tulip in the show is an annoying shitty character and might as well be named Poochie.

>thanks for getting me wet

FUCK OFF!
>>
>>71097365
I agree. It would not be so hard to believe that John was in 'Nam and apply the storyline correctly
>>
>>71097568
Not the Undertaker...

Why even live?
>>
>>71090993
You're a pleb
>>
>>71097724
undertaker must be nearly 60 by now, hound would be a good choice
>>
>>71097724
>>71097792

>revenge fueled cowboy
>>
File: doom cock.png (496 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
doom cock.png
496 KB, 500x667
>>71090993

End yourself
>>
>>71090993
this, i remembered loving the comic when i was 13 years old, which is the only acceptable age for enjoying Preacher on any level
>>
File: RCO017.jpg (824 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO017.jpg
824 KB, 1988x3056
Any way you slice it, Preacher is fucking dumb. Ennis is an edgy 90s teen in the body of a grown man, Bill Hicks worship and all
>>
>>71090935
What did you expect from a show made by Seth "Whipped Cuck" Rogen. It's not even an adaptable comic book in this PC climate.
>>
File: 1465506030222.png (55 KB, 550x607) Image search: [Google]
1465506030222.png
55 KB, 550x607
LOL
>>
>>71097269
Can you literally not read? It clearly says 'I expected it to get better'
>>
>>71098000
I never even noticed the Loss reference until now, amazing
>>
>>71098000
YEEHAAWW
>>
>>71098029
Oh, l can read. But seeing is not always believing. I just found it difficult to think that someone would just read 66 issues of a comic that they didn't enjoy 'just because'
>>
where was starr in the first 4 eps? i must've missed that one.
>>
>>71098991
first 5 mins of episode 3
>>
>>71098335
It isn't 'just because' it clearly says 'I expected it to get better'. What are you failing to understand
>>
>>71097482
I can objectively say the show is shit compared to the comic. I can objectively say that the show is not bad, but not even close to good, is average.

I can understan the hate, but not the praise.
>>
The music from the show is pretty cool tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbuUlSGXzc
>>
File: wayne.jpg (21 KB, 288x287) Image search: [Google]
wayne.jpg
21 KB, 288x287
Anyone wondering if theyre going to have John Wayne show up in the show or are they cutting him out entirely?
>>
>>71098335
Not him, but some people finish what they started.
If a book looks promising by premise, but somewhat goes fucked, I keep reading to see it goes better, if the book dont get better and I only need 50 pages more to complete it, I keep reading. I preffer to waste an extra hour completing that 50 pages than make the whole experience in a complete waste of time.
>>
My only complaint is that Jesse looks too damn handsome.
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 1008x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 1008x389
>>71090935
Is the show even worth it?
>>
IT´S OVER!
http://headlineplanet.com/home/2016/06/21/preacher-ride-with-norman-reedus-ratings-sink-this-week/

Preacher sink to 1.14 Mill this week, confirmed for loss -10% with each new episode.

Say goodbye to season 2.
>>
>>71101955
It's AMC man. Even Breaking Bad got shitty ratings its first few episodes and look how popular it became.
>>
File: not even an exaggeration.jpg (67 KB, 823x642) Image search: [Google]
not even an exaggeration.jpg
67 KB, 823x642
>>71101898

You like Poochie? Everybody loves Poochie!
>>
>>71102095
Breaking Bad never went under 2 or 1.5 mill, even at the beginning.
Also, Preacher looks like use a bigger budget than BB or Better Call Saul.
>>
>>71102095
Yeah, it'll pick back up once the first season hits its stride. Right now they're still setting up the groundwork and people are probably getting a little confused about what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>71091746
Yeah and the very next episode opened with an obvious herr star. I don't even think the fans are watching any more. I think it's petty good tv so far and I'll be disappointed if it gets canceled
>>
>>71102095

>Breaking Bad got shitty ratings its first few episodes

It got pretty terrible ratings the first four SEASONS. It pretty much consistently hovered between 1-2M during that time.
>>
File: ratings.png (77 KB, 1698x265) Image search: [Google]
ratings.png
77 KB, 1698x265
>>71102341
>Breaking Bad never went under 2 or 1.5 mill, even at the beginning.
yes it did.
>>
>>71092025
Gilguns Irish shit does wear on the nerves. It makes me think of when, in the comics, Jesse said something about faking an Irish accent and was going "The nasal whooping is fuckin essential".
I watched the movie Grabbers yesterday and those actors did a pretty good irish
>>
>>71102648
AMC is not looking for another Breaking Bad, they have Better Call Saul and is doing solid 2 mill. They are looking for another The Walking Dead, and they was expecting a 3 Mill / 4 Mill for episode.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.