[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Archers." >"I beg pardon sire, won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1366x768
>"Archers."
>"I beg pardon sire, won't we hit our own troops."
>"...Yes... But we'll hit theirs as well. We have reserves. Attack!"
>>
>use dark magic to summon a perfectly symmetrical wall of dead
>block off the rest with a phalanx
>instead of just shooting volleys of arrows into the encircled send the Umbers in
did they run out of arrows?
>>
>continue firing arrows on our own cavalry
>yes, the same heavy cavalry which is made up primarily of landed knights and nobility who are at this point literally irreplaceable when trying to consolidate our rule
>I'm sure they will appreciate being turned into arrow fodder if they manage to survive the bloodbath
>>
>hey sire shouldn't we just wait these morons out? I mean they're just a bunch of country retards led by the most inept commander this side of westeros leading an army of literal pillaging cannibal rapists who no northerner should side with?
>I mean we could just send the goodmen out again, we ruined the supply lines of the greatest commander in westeros, we should be able to out subterfuge a moron and his clan of merry mongs who have literally zero knowledge of siege combat
>>
File: 1362494632383.jpg (51 KB, 317x265) Image search: [Google]
1362494632383.jpg
51 KB, 317x265
>>71089789
>we could just send the goodmen out again, we ruined the supply lines of the greatest commander in westeros,
Don't watch the show anymore but is it really how the battle went?
>>
>>71090030
>Don't watch the show anymore but is it really how the battle went?
It wasn't even a battle, Ramsay sent a small squad of guys to infiltrate Stannis' camp of sellswords who were already suffering from zero morale. Those guys scared horses, burned supplies and caused half of his army to fuck off.
>>
>>71090280
You're forgetting the part where the men left because Ramsay's gorilla warfare pushed Stannis to be desperate enough to burn his own daughter.
>>
>>71089194
who was more based? ramsey or longshanks? would longshanks have liked ramsey as a son?
>>
>>71093049
Ramsay only appeals to false flagging redditors

Kill yourself Bolton showfag
>>
So who came to safe the day and why the fuck couldn't they have just send a raven first or something?

Just a "hey we are coming no need to kill yourselves right now and attack winterfell this fucking day"?
>>
>>71092304
Gorilla warfare...lol
>>
>>71089194
literally moustache twirling moment
>>
>>71089194
Are you making reference to Braveheart?
>>
>>71089789
>Stannis
>Greatest Commander

Choose one.
>>
>>71092304
>gorilla
>>
>>71094054
please tell me who was better at the time of stannis death
>>
don't see how this was much of a problem

they went out of their way several times, in that ep and previous to point out a large number disparity between the Stark and Bolton forces

ramsay could soak the losses, jon could not
>>
>>71089568

If only the north remembered in the show universe
>>
>>71094085
Ramsay
No not even just ramsey
Some of his men who don't even have names.

So any other commander really.
>>
File: D.B.-Weiss-and-David-Benioff[1].jpg (1 MB, 2542x2575) Image search: [Google]
D.B.-Weiss-and-David-Benioff[1].jpg
1 MB, 2542x2575
>>71094007
>>
>>71094085
>Time of death.

If he was the greatest, how come he's dead?
>>
>>71094086
>being this fucking stupid

this isn't age of empire you retard, dead calvary are incredibly hard to replace. Shooting the most effective, useful and highest ranking members of your army is batshit retarded

please no longer post on tv
>>
>>71094125
Brienne's gurl power, whoo!
>>
>>71094125
please redirect all questions regarding the ridiculous asspulls of this show to the offices of Dabid
>>
>>71094134
>this isn't age of empire you retard
and its not real life you utter moron
>>
>>71090280
>Small squad
Nigga, it was twenty good men. AND they knew the land. Stannis and any other army didn't stand a chance
>>
File: 1464195649827.gif (358 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464195649827.gif
358 KB, 640x480
>>71094134
>>
>>71094148
Where do you think you are right now, bookfag?

I'll play your shitty logic game anyway, he's not the greatest commander in the books either.
>>
>>71094134
>anime isn't like videogames because ___
nice post dude have a (you)
>>
>>71094156
>what is a book series based on realpolitik and somewhat attempting to have realism
>what is your ridiculous damage control

holy shit I'm surprised you can function in society with your crippling autism
>>
Was this siege in the books? Because holy shit it is retarded.

I get they were going for a Rohan saving Gondor type of situation but by switching up the besieging and defending side it makes no sense.
Why were they forced to attack? Where was the time angle?
>>
>>71094211
Hows life on the spectrum?
>>
>>71089789
1. Ramsey already expressed his sentiment that waiting out sieges makes you look weak.

2. Jon and his northmen knew the area well enough to not get snuck up on and there wasn't a fuckhuge blizzard slowing him down.

The episode had problems but you're a nitpicking retard.
>>
>>71094195
If we're going off why is Stannis dead if he's so great, in the show, which is the current thing we're discussing. Somehow the 20 goodmen crippled his entire fighting force. The goodmen are the biggest asspull that dabid has done in a long time
>>
>>71094211

M8 this is high fantasy now, magic is everywhere. Babies never age and Arya is wolverine

It's just the way things are
>>
>>71094225
No, it wasn't in the books.
>>
>>71094225
the books aren't at this point yet. Last event in the books was Stannis ''''"""MAYBE"""''' got owned and captured by Ramsay (but the tWoW Asha preview chapter shows it was probably Arnolf Karstark with a glamour cast over him to look like Stannis)

this is basically D&D's fanfiction at this point, even though Gurm is complicit in it.
>>
I didn't even have the willpower to watch this episode to the end. Dany finally ruined GoT for me.
>>
>>71094085
Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei, Bronn, everyone from Dorne including snakes, Dany, Ramsay, Yara, Roose, Mountain, Blackfish, Grey Worm, Missandei, Jon, Night's King, Mance and Meera to name a few.
>>
>>71094007
Ravens don't fly to people, they fly to castles.
>>
>>71089568
There are not that many knights in the North.
>>
>>71094236
Beaten by 20 men. Sounds like a terrible commander to me.
>>
>>71090030
>be jon snow
>have a plan to fight a force twice as large
>ruin plan by charging in dumb fuck rage over a brother he hasnt seen in years and was retarded anyway
>almost get killed by bolton cavalry charge - saved by equally retarded army throwing well laid plan out the window
>ramsey pulls a longshanks and fills the field with arrows
>bodies of friend and foe stack several meters high
>send in a phalanx and fuck with the surrounded retards, poke and dont do anything meaningful the entire time
>be ramsey and smug as fuck
>watch smile go away as entire army gets tranpled like grass from frey reinforcements that sansa neglected to say was coming
>be ramsey
>get face ate by dogs while sansa smirks
>>
>>71094231
>wasn't a fuckhuge blizzard

you do realise how hard logistics are for an army right?

A ragtag bunch of undisciplined morons, with no commanders who have the slightest grasp of siege warfare, no supply lines whatsover, no siege equipment, in hostile lands, against a vastly superior fighting force.

No fuckhuge blizzard now sure, but they've gone out of their way time and time again to show that blizzards aren't exactly uncommon

there's a difference between nitpicking and actual realising when characters do retarded things for no apparent reason, especially when he dies for it
>>
>His men are forced into following him out of fear
>If they see the tide of the battle turning then they will turn on him as well
>This never actually happens
Fucking why
>>
>>71094299
>not noticing that the goodmen aren't an asspull
>not understanding the concept of deus ex machina

I bet you think Dany's a fucking awesome muh stronk women leader best in the land because of dragons right
>>
>>71094299
They were 20 GOOD men.
Tell me, oh master of commanding armies, how do you defeat 20 good men who even set your fucking horse on fire?
>>
>>71094281
what if there was a person named castle? what then, fag?
>>
>>71094382
Then somebody is getting Franked hard.
>>
>>71094350
too hard for D&D to write.

wait for the books, GRRM is clearly going to build a proper motive for Roose/Ramsay to sally forth, based around ending dissension in their ranks. it's possible because he spent time establishing who is who on both sides and doesn't need to rely on simplistic tropes to convey what is happening to his readers.
>>
>>71094351
Wow, get of off Stannis' dick. He lost. He's dead. Doesn't matter if you don't like the writing, it doesn't change the fact that he wasn't the very best.
>>
>>71089194
>post yfw Ramsay didn't actually have reserves
>>
>>71094317
>Frey reinforcements
>helping starks

lol

>ruin plan by charging in dumb fuck rage over a brother he hasnt seen in years and was retarded anyway

proof if we ever needed it that showfags are retarded

here you go have the (You) you crave so much, peon.
>>
>>71094427
> proper motive for Roose/Ramsay to sally forth
That motive was Hosteen (?) Frey being a retard and doing it because he was pissed.
>>
>>71094439
Umbers???? Hellooooo????
>>
So Rickon has been kept alive for 6 seasons just to give maxium edge points to Ramsay?
>>
>>71089194
UNDEROOS!
>>
File: 1466503099414.png (75 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1466503099414.png
75 KB, 198x198
>>71094497
>People actually caring for rickon

Kek
>>
>>71094429
>damage control : the post

alright since you've blatantly decided to attribute shitty writing to fault of characters fine, go ahead, but the original point, if you even know how to read that is, is that stannis is indisputably a better commander than jon, and yet ramsay couldn't thought direct combat and killing all his cavalry was a good move

8/10 b8, made me reply a few times
>>
>>71094353
By using 62 proud men

Stannis was aware of this which is why he wanted Jon on his side.
Cause with Jon he could have the Mormonts join his cause and use the power of 62 proud men to kill the 20 good men offscreen.

However, Jon didn't join and Stennis felt desperate enough to try his luck but ultimately failed.
>>
>>71094211
>implying GRRM knew what a horse was until he was half way through the first book
he thought they were squirrels
>>
>>71094609
I mean, you realize Stannis isn't real right? All there is is the writing. And in the writing, he's fucking garbage.

If you need to live in an alternate delusional headspace so no one can sully the name of Stannis-senpai, well, just don't expect people in reality to play along, Abed.
>>
>>71094013
>>71094067
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me you little etc.
>>
>>71089260
This would be very likely. Arrows of that fashion take FOREVER to make.
>>
>>71089568

The North literally never remembers in the show.
>>
>>71094350

I seriously expected the umbers to fuck up the lines with a good backstabbing while shouting the north remembers but nope they are just show retarded.
>>
>>71089194
It's unbelievable that anyone would follow this guy. After he killed his father there should have been a revolt. Bravo D&D.
>>
>>71094775
are you seriously defending dabid? are you seriously telling me that you don't think that the characters act in ways that are inconsistent? or that asspulls occur?

EXAMPLE
>sneks
>>
>dany lets thousands die while she chats shit with le funny imp and crusing over the ships.
> salsa lets thousands die by not telling anyone.

But these are the people we are supposed to shout for?
>>
>>71089194
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 600x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 600x653
>>71089568
If Ramsay used his infantry as fodder to shoot at instead of his cavalry, he may have had actually been able to fight back against the Vale

But nope, who cares if it's insanely risky to waste your own cavalry and then use up all of your reserves of infantry to kill a numerically inferior and professionally inferior fighting force led by a hot headed commander who had a death wish

Jon could have had Manderly and his men hiding out somewhere and then emerge when the time came, and Ramsay would have been just as fucked because he had no scouts

Also.....
>Ramsay had 5000 soldiers against Stannis' 3000
>Ramsay now has 6000 soldiers against Jon's 2000, even though he now has the Karstarks and Umbers, two of the biggest houses in the North

So Stannis and his rag tag group of soldiers slaughtered that many Bolton soldiers before he went down? So much for Ramsay being a good battle commander, it seems like his only strategy is to use numbers to his advantage
>>
>>71094930
I'm telling you that just because you're butthurt because your favourite character died, doesn't change what happened on the screen.

Stannis got demolished by Ramsay, and Tyrion, and Tywin, and most people flocked to his brother cause they liked him better. Those are the facts, and even if it is bad writing, it doesn't change what happened.

Stannis is a shitty commander.
>>
>>71094158
Yeah Ramsay was fantastic at knowing he land this season, he had no fucking clue a Vale invaded Moat Cailin and was marching from the south on Winterfell

If he knew that like he should have, he wouldn't have left the Castle, and Jon and the Vale would have had to siege him
>>
LOOSE

LOOSE

LOOSE

LOOSE
>>
>>71094317
> not inviting your giant into the war council
> not even making sure he has a weapon
> not having a special operations giant unit
> not just having the giant shoot an arrow at Ramsay before the battle begins, when it was shown that giants can shoot arrows over the fucking wall at castle black
>>
>>71095029
>tyrion
literally go out of there way to say that if
>tywin
hadn't showed up Stannis would have taken Kings Landing

you do realise good commanders do suffer defeats occasionally right?

yet Stannis, managed to rebuild and mobilize an entire army, take it north of the wall and absolutely wrekt the largest wildling army of all time, only to lose because Dabid seriously thought that a commander would let 20 goodmen burn horses, supply lines, and infrastructure of an entire army without anyone noticing.

Ironically, the same goodmen were led by the commander, who, up until last nights episode, had the largest amount of plot armour in the entire show

these are the facts, stannis was a good commander killed by asspull writing, and you're a moron if you don't see otherwise
>>
File: spartan.png (329 KB, 702x336) Image search: [Google]
spartan.png
329 KB, 702x336
>>71089260
At least in 300, they manually built the wall.
>>
> give giant wooden palisade
> shelter 20 men from arrows
> give giant a tree
> slaughter hundreds.

lol nope.dnd.
>>
>>71094297
AND NOW IT"S EVEN LESS
>>
>>71094940
But this way is better for dramatic purposes.
>>
>>71095129
Good or bad, the writing is the writing. And notice how you've downgraded your claim from greatest commander to good commander?

Good game, anon. I won't argue about if he's merely a good one, that's too subjective. Plus I've won anyway.
>>
>>71094225
They had to move fast because Ramsay had Rickon. But then they decided Rickon was doomed no matter what. So who gives a shit.

In season five, Stannis had to attack right away because winter is coming and if they don't march south now, it'll be impossible to march an army down from the Wall, and his claim will be forgotten. This season, winter disappeared for some reason so Jon & Co could march south no problem.

In the books, Stannis is alive and he's marching south with the same setup (except his motivation is that the realm is suffering and needs its rightful king NOW). He's won a few Northern houses over to his side and several of the houses on Roose's side are planning to switch sides because he's a traitor shit.

However, winter hits Stannis hard and makes a stop at Long Lake, the same place he does on the show. At this point, Roose sends out Ramsay and an army of mostly Freys to wipe Stannis out (although really Roose just wants Ramsay gone and dead, the Freys out because they're provoking rebellion from the northern lord, and above all to get rid of mouths to feed).

Stannis decides to meet the army at Long Lake. The ice is frozen and snowed over but frail, and there's a "lighthouse". He starts digging holes in the ice. His (theorized) plan is to light a nearby tower on fire and draw the army across the ice, drowning them, and then trap them using the geography (it's similar to a big battle he won before).

In Ramsay's army is one of the houses that's going to switch sides. It's theorized they'll help Stannis fake his death and sneak troops into Winterfell.
>>
>>71094085
Anyone who didn't get BTFO by both Tyrion and Ramsay.
>>
>>71095235
>claiming internet victory based off a typo
sweet mate well done

greatest LIVING commander, please learn to read in the future. You cannot give me a name of a better commander alive at the point of Stannis' death, meaning that your acceptance that 'the writing is the writing' is dumb and shows that you don't know at all what you're talking about
>>
File: 20 good men.jpg (71 KB, 1094x414) Image search: [Google]
20 good men.jpg
71 KB, 1094x414
>>71094299
Not just any 20 men, though. 20 Goodmen.
>>
>>71095303
That wasn't a typo, lad.
>>
>>71093049
Longshanks was based and enjoyed kicking faggots out of windows
>>
File: drake.jpg (9 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
drake.jpg
9 KB, 290x290
>>71095341
>shitposting because you've lost

wew lad

hey look I can do it too

>mfw an autist on /tv/ embarrasses himself
>>
>>71094450
aenys falls down and breaks his neck right? He was the smart commander and hosteen is the mook.
>>
>>71095312
How come there's no dogs in his party of 20 good men? A few of Ramsay's dogs literally annihilated the whole fleet of the Ironborn.
>>
>>71095235
Ramsay just beat Stannis with numbers since he had 5K troops without the Umbers and Karstarks, and 6K troops with them

That implies at a minimum he went 1 for 1 with Stannis before Stannis went down, and Stannis and his shitty worn out infantry slaughtering 3K cavalry is impressive
>>
>>71095355
he also survived William Wallace by 7 years in real life and was regarded as a good king.
>>
>>71095405
>20 good men
>shirtless ramsey
>62 Bear islanders
There I just defeated the Night King and the 1945 Soviet army
>>
>>71095477
>1945 Soviet army
Funny because the 1939 Soviet army lost to a bunch of wild northerner savages.
>>
>>71095574
>lost
phyrric victories are still victories finngol.
>>
>>71095607
Vladimir please go.
>>
>>71095574
Yes and if you knew history you'd know the those soldiers were basically being purged and that the 1945 army was massive
>>
>>71095689
I don't need to know anything about history to enjoy nationalistic fervor and gilded reminiscences.
>>
>>71095312
>Mouth of Sauron
>good man
the nigger got cut down 2 minutes he was even put on screen
>>
>>71095303
>Meet my narrow criteria I have arbitrarily created, or else you lose.
>Can't do it?

At any rate, at the time just before his death, Ramsay was better because he beat him in a battle. Oh and Tyrion before him.
>>
>>71089194
Based Edward Longshanks
>>
>>71094980
Speaking of numbers, how many men is CIA supposed to have in total? In the books the Vale has something on the order of 30k knights but something tells me the show is gonna seriously scale that down for no reason.
>>
>shooting the giant instead of Jon

What was Ramsay thinking?
>>
>>71096354
That he's too expensive for the show.
>>
>>71096354
He wanted to bully Jon for one last time. So basically, pottery.
>>
>>71095312
>Sarevok
11/10
>>
>>71096265
The Vale has 40K soldiers in the books

CIA clearly didn't bring the entire Vale army to Winterfell, but he may have left the vast majority of the Vale back home just in case Cersei heard they were now backing the Starks

So they may still have their 40K army, and it would make sense if they did since the Starks will need a large fighting force to fight the Others next season
>>
>Cavalry charges right through that tightly packed group of surrounded Wildlings/Bear Islanders
>literally trampling them and suffocating the rest
thanks Sansa
>>
>>71096354
He knew he was fucked and just wanted to be edgy one last time.
>>
>>71096265

we'll pretend its 30000 whilst about 100 horses fuck around on screen
>>
>>71096409
>>71096505
Then shouldn't he have just given Jon an arrow to the knee instead? Imagine the memes.
>>
>>71096354
>your name will be forgotten
>implying Ramsay the Giantslayer won't live on
>>
>>71095104
>when it was shown that giants can shoot arrows over the fucking wall at castle black
Wasn't that last season, tho?
How could anyone (namely: DABID) remember something like that?
>>
File: Patriot Games.jpg (48 KB, 999x426) Image search: [Google]
Patriot Games.jpg
48 KB, 999x426
>>71089194

These guys are such hacks they had to stoop to ripping off a 30 year old Mel Gipson movie?
>>
>>71094195
>he's not the greatest commander in the books either.

this is what showplebs actually believe
>>
>>71096736
the rickon arrow scene was also ripped off from Apocalypto. The entire episode was basically a mel gibson rip-off.

Fucking jews.
>>
>>71096354
Easier target.
>>
>>71096480
>see Sansa ride in with Tully Takeaway.
>Waits until the battle is already lost for Jon.
>every significant force in the north decimated apart from her CIA backup forces.
>disregard my brother and the poor men who died bravely to secure my seat of power.
>Sorry, not sorry.
>Team CIA and Sansa now control the north and vale.
>watchoutriverlads.jpg

Maybe when Danny lands on the shores of the Kingslanding she'll have to leave westerns alone because it goes against her twisted code of ethics to harm womyns let alone unthrone them

>Yasha on the salt throne
>Snek Ladies in Dorn
>Sansa in the north
> Queen of thornes in High Garden
>cersei in the capital.
>can't even give Bear Island to Jorah like she promised.
>>
>>71095237
Wow, reading this just made me realize how much better the books must be. Season 5-6 has been terrible.
>>
>>71096907
>can't even give Bear Island to Jorah like she promised
Fucking cucked!
And speaking of which, is the stone plague bullshit going anywhere this season?
>>
>>71096997
Parts of it are yeah, and other parts not so much. But the greatness outweighs the tripe. A TV show would have been a good medium for distilling only the awesome parts, which they did in seasons 1-4 but it has been degrading. It's still dece tho
>>
>>71096997
The books are far, far better, and enjoyable if you don't buy into the "muh sunset found her shitting" meme
>>
So was Ramsay killing his own men in the Crush?

I mean Smalljon could only headbutt Tormund by the end of it. Why send in Umber forces at all? Just have them dtand at the top of the corpse pile and kill anyone trying to get up.
>>
>>71096851

he was barely 20 feet away from them, and he had already shown he was a master archer by nailing rickon from 500 meters away
>>
>>71089194
SEND THE IRISH
>>
>>71096354
Maybe he was actually aiming at Jon but he just sucks at shooting. How many tries did it get him to hit Rickon at the start of the battle?
>>
>>71097344
>How many tries did it get him to hit Rickon at the start of the battle
that was on purpose
>>
>>71097386
Same thing Edmure said after his dad's funeral.
>>
>>71097036
Jorah fucked off to find a cure.
>>
>>71097344
they even showed him looking away during one of the shots
>>
>>71097581
Fuck Jorah.
Loli bear best ruler
>>
>>71097386
>>71097652
niggers i know you saw a lot of movie evidence that such a shot is possible on purpose, but its actually not
nobody can accurately and reliably hit a moving target with a longbow at that distance
>>
>yes yes, well done my own soldiers, well done.
>HOWEVER
>>
>>71095375
not the guy ur arguing with, but I was reading this thread and it seems like u lost...
>>
I DID GET TO BRING FRIENDS
>>
>>71097864
Why didn't Sansa just tell Jon from the beginning? He could have fucking died in there. What the fuck
>>
>>71098179

She wanted him to die, fucking cunt, so she and CIA could be in charge
>>
>>71097581
What if he accidentally infects everyone on Westeros? Maybe that's what happened to Valyria, a mass infection of a deadly disease, namely this one.
>>
File: 1395373958459.jpg (12 KB, 343x357) Image search: [Google]
1395373958459.jpg
12 KB, 343x357
>Yfw Jon does that jolo charge for which he fully deserves to die but you know he will still live due to plot armor and deus ex machina.
>>
>>71098268
Wasn't Old Valyria fantasy nuked?
>>
>>71098179
He would disprove.

It's not like people n this show think about consequences.
>>
>>71098346
>tfw every Mormont man died due to Jon being retarded
>>
>>71098386
>people die because people act retarded: the TV show
>>
>>71098380
The men were already approaching. His disapproval would have meant shit.
>>
>>71098411
Then why does Dany still have an army?
>>
>>71097806
GOT isn't realistic nor consistent. The actor of Ramsay confirmed that all the shots missed on purpose and the one that hit Rickon was on purpose too.
>>
>>71098427
I mean earlier. Salsa'd tell John that she called CIA for backup and he'd be all pissy and shit. Maybe even fold up entirely or whatever.

>>71098436
Yeah well, it's not like she only brings death wherever she shows up, right?
>>
File: wwww.jpg (69 KB, 1110x924) Image search: [Google]
wwww.jpg
69 KB, 1110x924
>>71095104
>>71096711
dabid pls
>>
>>71097806
why not.. there were range markers, rickon was running in a straight line. wouldnt be too hard for Ramsay to predict where rickon will be and adjust accordingly
>>
Just turn your brain off, bro
>>
>>71096423
Oh shit! Nice catch.
>>
>>71098810
he probably wouldnt have hit that shot on purpose with a medium range sniper rifle from a standing pose, let alone a fucking longbow
>>
>>71098346
>deus ex machina
>Not Davos Ex Machina

wew lad
>>
>>71098977
Longbows are no fucking joke

You know how long we would have been using longbows if it weren't for the fact that early era firearms were just flat out easier to use? Longbowmen were REALLY fucking skilled and knew their weapon. It's not entirely out of scope for a longbowman to hit a target like that under the right conditions. Unless you're going to tell me that someone who spends anywhere from 5-30 years training with his weapon of choice won't be able to hit a shot like that because of the limitations of a fucking longbow
>>
This has more fanservice than Naruto and Blech together.
>>
>>71097864

Man, Salsa looks beat up.
>>
>>71099105
and the fact that if the wind kicks in at any random time their l33t noscope shot goes astray, or that longbows were used in massed volley fire for the most part instead of sniping regular dudes running away.
>>
File: 1461503991640.jpg (43 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1461503991640.jpg
43 KB, 420x420
>CGI for the Giant costs too much
>Kill him off
>mfw 2 of the Breaker of Chair's wyverns get btfo by Euron and his big horn

Jews are good at saving money
>>
>>71099105
by my estimation based on how long the boy was running it was around 200m shot maybe a little less
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHsAiATnak
this is how the spread would probably look like, and this is even a shorter range
>>
>>71094980
stannis probably killed 20 good men on his own.
>>
>>71089194

All of you can't into generalship.

Ramsay's objective was to capture Sansa. Sansa's camp was behind the treeline, out of view.

Therefore the only ppl fast enough to warn Sansa when the line broke were Jon's cavalry.

Destroying them was top priority.
>>
>>71099105
People seem to forget this is a medieval fantasy series.

But yea to be a longbowmen took some skill almost a lifetime dedication.
Reason why most Armies in Europe used Crossbowmen they where also very accurate and with long range like a longbow but with more penetration but took a lot longer to reload.

Only major difference is that a crossbowmen took maybe only week of practice to levy him to the battlefield.
Which is less disastrous if you lose them all in 1 battle.
>>
>>71089194

Daily reminder that Jon made camp at Stannis' old base the night before the battle.

Shireen burned so that Stannis could have a more pleasant walk to the NEARBY battlefield where he died.
>>
>>71089789
>"Hey Jon, last time we did this, Ramsay fucked up our supplies and killed all our horses. Let's have some dudes guard the perimiter during the night"
>"Good call Davos."

Not to mention most of these dudes are wildlings and therefore pretty hard to sneak up on.
>>
>>71094980
Ramsay almost btfo Snow including that giant which would could have been Snow trump card.

Nope he tricked him where he wanted him to be and got hes army surounded and slaughtered almost phalanx style.

Makes me think like what Hannibal did to the Romans at the battle of cannae.

Snow should have listened to hes sister.
>>
>>71089194

Ramsay was going for 100% casualties on Jon's side. No survivors means way more terror.

But it requires encirclement.

His encirclement plan required a mass slaughter in the centre of the field, to churn up the mud and make the bodies pile up.

And there had to be no cavalry left on Jon's side to disrupt his shield wall or outrun it, or even spot it moving into position.

Hence Ramsay's teamkilling arrow shenanigans.
>>
Why did Ramsay call himself the Warden of the North? First it's not an hereditary title, second Roose had said they were in rebellion against the crown because they married Ramsay with Sansa.
>>
>>71099474
>this is the first time I'm going to try to shoot some arrows at this little target

god damn you stupid nigger at least make relevant posts
>>
Is the Mormont girl still alive?
>>
>>71089194
>"I beg pardon sire, won't we hit our own troops."
>"Do you want to kill Jon Snow or not?"
Also it bit him in the ass when Wun Wun punched down the gate and his soldiers noped out.

>>71100340
No, the 11 year old girl charged into a melee /s

(Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's alive.)
>>
>Has one of the most defenable forts ever created, 3 solid granite walls
>Takes on the opposing army in the field

This bothered me to most
>>
>>71095074
Surprised this isn't an established meme desu lad
>>
>>71099911
>Nope he tricked him where he wanted him to be and got hes army surounded and slaughtered almost phalanx style.

That was fucking retarded an impossible to execute, the fuck they didn't react to gettong sorrounded?
>>
Reminder if they had given the giant armor that arrows couldnt pentrate and a giant club he could they could have used him in a suprise attack and he would single handled the whole ramsey army, because they wouldnt have prepared for anything to take him down
>>
>>71089194
Rammy's plan
>We have greater numbers!
>lulz let's shoot our own troops for no reason at all
Not a great plan
>>
>>71095312
>all those /v/ characters
>no big guy
You had one job
>>
>>71101783
Sorry mate we need all that Wun-Wun budget for the dragons
>>
>>71089194
the archers kept volleying the same place to build the wall of dead bodies
>>
>>71099105

I bet you've done as much longbow shooting as me ie none but I the sheer old-bastardish crankiness of your post calls for the making of a LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT LONGBOWS image.
>>
File: 1431051984763.jpg (80 KB, 959x482) Image search: [Google]
1431051984763.jpg
80 KB, 959x482
>>71089194
It makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that Ramsay is a twisted fucking psychopath.
>>
>>71099911
>Snow should have listened to hes sister.
Yeah, that was really good advice from Sansa told him that... uh...
>>
>>71097146
Nah, they're about the same actually. What GOT is to television, asoif is to books. ie shit. There's far better books out there.
>>
>>71101783
The giant had armor. You can hear it when the arrows hit his chest.
>>
>>71094940
Sans thought. Jon was going to wait to have them charge. Instead Jon got rustled. Plan failed.
>>
>>71089568
>>71094134
these werent landed gentry - they were obvs the turncoat mercs who stole stannis' horses from the prev season and went to the side of the boltons. mercs are disposable.

why is this so hard to see?
>>
>>71094085
Randyll
>>
File: crying old man.jpg (133 KB, 1300x993) Image search: [Google]
crying old man.jpg
133 KB, 1300x993
>>71096354
That sucks. No more giant to save the day, or randomly smash bodies against a brick wall. He will be missed.
>>
>>71102581
How could he not even think of inviting her to the war counsel meeting? Just cause she'a girl doesn't make her useless, she KNOWS ramsay
And also, how dare he ask her for battle strategy? She's not versed in that shit. How weak of a leader is Jon?
>>
>>71095312
>No one posting a picture of 20 John goodmen.
>>
>>71097146
>the books are better
Kill yourself after you try to imagine the battles and sex that was brought to life you fucking cuck try hard. Also get off tv
>>
>>71103137
>he
Check your god damn privilege, shitlord. Xir pronouns are xe/xir/xyr/
>>
>>71098346
>yfw you realize it took a few seasons before you could even be confident that plot existed in the show. Stfu
>>
>>71096354

Ramsay knew it was the last giant of his kind.

He just wanted to make one last act of douchebaggery before dying.
>>
>>71102426
*was
>>
>>71094054
Come on, he was so good he defeated himself.
>>
>>71094085

Even meme-character Tyrion BTFOed Stannis the faggis.
>>
>>71095237
>This season, winter disappeared for some reason so Jon & Co could march south no problem.

Shireen's sacrifice was extremely potent because women are better and stronger than men. Duh.
>>
>>71103030
Tormund pancakesbane
>>
>>71104306
Stannis burned Shireen which slowed winter last season you mong.
>>
>>71094112
Don't forget the ((()))
>>
>>71104475

Yes that is literally what I just fucking said.

>Shireen's sacrifice

You dumb cunt.
>>
>>71095237

>Winter disappeared for some reason

Did Shireen's sacrifice mean NOTHING to you?
>>
>>71102885

>You can hear it when the arrows penetrate his chest, wounding and then effectively killing him.

ftfy retard
>>
Is the Vale the strongest single entity left in the show sans dragon-lady's horde of Village People?
>>
>>71099147

She had to let CIA facefuck her for him to agree to come and help.
>>
>>71099911
>Makes me think like what Hannibal did to the Romans at the battle of cannae.
stop it with this fucking meme
>>
>Fires on own men
>Have reserves
>Reserves are idiots who believe he wont shoot them?

Why didn't someone just kill him?
>>
>>71089194
Considering he has a larger force it actually makes a lot of sense. Even trades (such as you'd probably have overall in skirmishes where part of his force is still holding back) favor the bigger army. The biggest problem with it is people in his army will hate the idea that he shot at his own men but he doesn't inspire love from his men just fear.
>>
>>71104507
I know it means onionbowl incoming
>>
>Davos refusing to fire on his own men
>Ramsey firing at will on everyone
Such a fine display of pottery, those scenes.
>>
>>71094007

Littlefinger would be sure to arrive late just to thin out both sides so he has a stronger position.

He was probably watching and giggling behind some bushes for days.
>>
>have the outnumbered enemy cavalry charging at you
>I know! I'll counter charge with my cavalry instead of effectively dividing their army in two and slaughtering their cavalry with my pikemen while their infantry is busy running like a whole mile and will arrive winded as shit which will allow me to easily slaughter them too
>>
The wall of bodies and the whole feeling of scale of that battle really bothered me. And Sansa getting Little Finger's help at the last second was WAY too predictable.

Also, where the fuck was Brienne? No one mentions getting news of what happened with Blackfish and she isn't around to tell them so you have to assume that they didn't know. So why wouldn't they have at least waited to find out if they were getting his help too?
>>
>>71106561
>you have to assume that they didn't know
Jon mentioned the Blackfish isn't coming, so they did find out somehow.
>>
Is there a webm of that long shot of Jon fighting? It was by far the best scene of this season
>>
>>71106561
>Also, where the fuck was Brienne?
Forgot about her teleportation powers apparently.
>>
>>71106561
They didn't wait to hear about the blackfish because the writers of the show knew that he wasn't going to show up because he's dead. But they forgot that Sansa and Jon didn't know that. Just like how they forgot that Ramsay said he hasn't fed his dogs for a week after Sansa left the meeting but wanted her to know anyways.
>>
>>71106561
Teleporting news
It's also why Arya eliminated a bunch of names from her list before she could have realistically known that they were dead
>>
>>71106712
Yeah, a raven was sent. Before the Blackfish lost. They even mentioned it
>>
File: niveau.jpg (41 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
niveau.jpg
41 KB, 1024x768
>>71095146
>let this corpse wall to me !
>>
File: image.jpg (296 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296 KB, 1024x576
>stand down, we'll just hit our own men
>even though the Boltons have 3 times as many soldiers as us on the field
>and even though the probability of us hitting the larger targets, the mounted knights, is pretty good

>also let's charge in our entire reserve because there's no way he's planning anything that reserves would instantly foil
>>
Did you people seriously expect a smart and well thought out clash between them?
>>
>>71106882
Davos isn't a great strategist. He's a fantastic advisor and spokesperson, but he's shit with a sword and we've seen no indication at all he ever actually helped Stannis plan a battle
>>
>>71106290
This. The knights of the Vale is the one army that's basically been left completely untouched the entire series. Everybody else is a shadow of their former strength and considering little finger doesn't give a shit about jons men or jon himself why wouldn't he just let the northerners weaken each other to such an extent that he could roll over both of them.
>>
>>71097036
Expect Jorah to get a volcano hand instead of Victarion.
>>
>>71095375
>>71095341
These faggots bitching at each other on an anonymous forum. GG ya cunts
>>
>yfw nobody behind Ramsay just killed

He's done more to earn the mistrust and hatred of his followers than any other leader that's been killed in the last 2 seasons. It's genuinely insane how the one person it'd really make sense for a mutiny to fuck over never ended up having one.
>>
>>71099876
Why are you assuming they both fought on the same battlefield?
>>
>>71107289
>>yfw nobody behind Ramsay just killed him****
>>
>>71106882
His side only had an army because they were the "nice" ones.

I did notice how stupid Ramsey was when he started spraying all over even though he had most of the units in the field.
>>
File: 1466190894174.jpg (92 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
1466190894174.jpg
92 KB, 800x999
How good is a good man compared to a regular man? How many men is a good man worth? What makes them good?
>>
>>71098503
What does Jon know of Lilfinger? Nothing, right? Does he even know who he is?
>>
>>71095104
>> not inviting your giant into the war council
>> not even making sure he has a weapon

He could have won the battle by himself if he had just picked up a small tree on the way there.
>>
>>71094500
I wish they yelled this when arrows were coming in
>>
File: frozen.jpg (149 KB, 800x619) Image search: [Google]
frozen.jpg
149 KB, 800x619
>No leader in the history of the world has made a mistake ever. Every battle that has taken place was perfectly orchestrated and carried out with exacting precision. There were never any clusterfucks, and people have never died en masse at a battle.
>>
File: 1444561585105.jpg (7 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1444561585105.jpg
7 KB, 240x232
>>71108385
I can understand the Emotion taking over John but Ramsey sacrificing his cavalry was planned, which makes no sense. Not when he had pikes to counter the Stark Cavalry.
>>
>>71094940

>thousands of MEN

Like it matters.
>>
>>71095405
All men must die. But dogs are not men
>>
>>71099105

They trained to build their strength, very basic targeting for what distance their MASSED enemy were and ability to draw you mongo not to hit moving targets far away.

Unless you think they were hunting dear and pinging men off horses 200 meters away.
>>
>>71107309

Because they were both right outside Winterfell.
>>
>>71101783

His cavalry would just kill him, a lance is no fucking joke.
>>
>>71105252
In Braveheart, this tactic works because his reserves are actually IN RESERVE to be committed after the volley. In GoT this tactic is retarded because he had already committed his numerically superior cavalry and sacrificed them for no reason, when the enemy cavalry would already charge his pike line to save their commander.
>>
>>71106882

Davos is a based guy in the books and the show.

But everyone seems to forget he's some pleb smuggler that knows nothing of war or ruling.
>>
>>71089194
>Ramsay has 6000 good men
>looks like about 1000 at the start of the battle
>a few hours into the battle and it devolved into the last remaining 200 men led by Jon being surrounded by 400 of Ramsay's men
That always pisses me off how abruptly the numbers change, same as LoTR's final battle when they got surrounded in seemingly a few minutes or maybe an hour
>>
>>71108357
kek, funny but actually kinda true, if that other guy is making a 1000 ships out of house and trees, Jon's army could've stacked a bunch of big logs , set them on fire, and use the giant as a catapult. This sounds so asinine, that I'm amazed D&D didn't used it.
>>
>>71109325
and best thing is all cornettos disappeared
>>
>>71095104
>Spec ops giant unit
>>
>>71108541
Well Riders of Rohan would have made in time in that case... NO SHOCK ELEMENT for the masses.
>>
>>71089260
with the phalanx now in place arrows would be a bad idea, because now shooting arrows runs the risk of breaking the shield wall resulting the stark forces getting out and obliterating the pikemen who wont be able to fend off sword attack.

he sent the umbers in because he got cocky, he saw that he had them surrounded and wanted to jsut get it over with, put all his troops into the fight and wipe them out, wouldve worked had the vale forces not smashed them.
>>
he concentrated all fire in the one area making a wall of bodies to then corner against with a wall of shields
>>
I get that Ramsay knew he was rather fucked anyway and knew Jon wanted to beat him up himself and wouldn't get his archers to shoot at him. I get that Ramsay saw an oppurtunity to atleast kill Jon before being caprured. but why the fuck didn't Ramsay walk backwards as he fired? Why would he just stand there as Jon continues to prefect blocks with a shiled while approaching?
>>
>>71096354
>The giant charges into combat without any form of armor or a weapon
Why couldn't they put some iron plates on him and give him a log to swing around like when he was batting those wights?
>>
>>71094085
>stannis death
>implying he died
>>
>>71104256
>Tyrion
>meme character

He is the best guy
>>
If Stannis didn't come back this episode, he's not coming back ever.

I remained hopeful until now, but it's time to make peace I think.
>>
>>71111111
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.