[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this to me at a 5th grade level.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 33
File: download (1).jpg (10 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10 KB, 183x275
Explain this to me at a 5th grade level.
>>
File: 11242324525252.png (308 KB, 640x333) Image search: [Google]
11242324525252.png
308 KB, 640x333
>>
>>71084954
It's a cartoon about giant robots, it's already aimed at a 5th grader mindset.
>>
>>71084954
It's an anime, it's already aimed at a 5th grader mindset.
>>
>>71085111
>>71085152
Y-you too...
>>
The series is a basic coming of age story. The TV ending is Shinji accepting maturity, EoE is everyone's rejection of maturation. All the philosophy shit is just there to distract the plebs.
>>
ACCEPT JESUS
>>
>>71084954
It's a Chinese cartoon. By not watching it, you are guaranteed to never become autistic or socially inept. You will get laid and you'll never smell bad.
>>
File: 1455415388110.jpg (311 KB, 1600x1370) Image search: [Google]
1455415388110.jpg
311 KB, 1600x1370
A garbage clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in waifu faggotry and NEUROSIS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The broken, angsty characters all trying their hardest to hide from their mental issues, the SYMBOLISM, peculiar, complex machinery, the whole Freudian faggotry and everything about the Evangelion world fuels their fantasies of being a patrician, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on guilt tripping, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underage retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

tl;dr; If you're impressed by YA novels(Hunger Games, Divergent, Horns, etc), garbage like Donnie Darko or just smile(the trip not movie) then you'll probably love something from it.
>>
>socially awkward kid scared of dad and women in a cuhrayz futuristic world with bio robots that kill aliens trying to purge the world of humanity
>kid has to step up and stop being pussy to save his friends and stand up to his dad
>gets guilt tripped into piloting giant bio robot that's really his moms corpse mixed with aliens because a cute gril is hurt
>gets gud at killing aliens but is constantly butthurt about teenage shit and his hot female guardian not letting him put the tip in
>dad starts armageddon because his dads a badass rebel that wants to end the world and kill everyone for some reason that's never really explained
>grils he likes all die, turns out one of them was an alien all along
>he can save the world or end it, but in the end he can't make a choice because he's a faget and still sad about his grils and friends dying
>ends with the world in a stupid way as a result so he's the only person alive with one of the grils corpse on an island surrounded by water thats really people
>>
>>71084954
evangelion in a nutshell:

super secret illuminati society funds a top secret organization designed to battle alien god beings that want to reset life on earth by reuniting with their progenitor and remaking the world over in their own image

the society is actually planning to return humanity to a primordial state where everyone was one and there was no suffering between people

the project gets hijacked by a guy who wants to have control over the process himself so he can reunite with his dead wife because he's a miserable wounded human being

eventually it happens and his son, who is really depressed and wants to die by the time of the movie, rejects divine unity because it feels weird and so he realizes nothing can save him but himself. he breaks down and cries at the end because he's completely fucking broken and not even the experiene of what is supposed to be paradise snapped him out of it
>>
>>71085506
Good until the very ending. You make it sound sad, but its actually very uplifting. Hence the congratulations scene. Shinji accepted that he would rather be himself, an individual with flaws and suffering, then be in a collective consciousness. He fully embraced who he was, which all things considered is something worth congratulating.

Asuka went through the same thing, which is why they are the last 2 in EoE. Its a happy ending in a way.
>>
>>71085691
>the congratulations scene.
OP asked about EoE, not the tv ending.
>>
its all very complicated and mostly unimportant the main theme of the series is the connections between people: mother son father friend lover colleague comrade. the series is mostly about relationships and what happens when you shut people out to avoid getting hurt. there is a lot of biblical imagery and references to science fiction. but the core of the story is about learning to love yourself and others.
>>
GET IN THE ROBOT SHINJI
>>
>>71086074

they happen at the same time
>>
>>71084954
kid masturbates on crippled girl; world explodes
DEEP
>>
>>71084954
life will continue even if you mess everything up
>>
>>71084954
feelings are important. also dont masturbate to dead people
>>
>>71085111
It's not a cartoon, and the fact that it involves giant robots doesn't mean anything.

>>71085152
Most anime isn't made for children.
>>
>>71087973
>Most anime isn't made for children

You don't watch most anime
>>
>>71088072
Please do not reply to the autist that replies to everyone.
>>
>>71084954
Things falls apart
>>
>>71088072
Most anime today is late night anime. Historically, a lot of anime was not for children (or if it was, it's not discernible from just watching them).

>>71088086
If you are so triggered my posts then stop starting shit.
>>
File: 1460934016547.jpg (253 KB, 1280x631) Image search: [Google]
1460934016547.jpg
253 KB, 1280x631
>>71084954

Hope this explains it for you.

https://youtu.be/233OwqrLvgE?t=1m41s
>>
File: 1462406523938.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
1462406523938.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>71085111
>eva was 2deep4him
>>
The Porcupine's Dilemma.

Interacting with people hurts, but it's still a good thing worth doing.
>>
>>71084954
I'll explain it so a hip kid like you can understand, you feel me? So this gangsta named Shinji right, he's crusin' around in his dope ass robot when suddenly his pops is like "Yo, I'm gon' take this fine ass girl I cloned from yo momma and the genetic material of a race of ancestral beings who populated the world and throw a sick ass party and literally everyone in the world is invited whether they wanna jam or not, you down with that?" And our boy Shinji and his bitch Asuka are like "No we are not down with that" and hop inside their robots to kick some ass. But aw, snap, it was a trap, now Shinji's robot is the catalyst to humanity's destruction and that shit don't fly with him. Slammin' ass naked bitch pops up and turns everyone in the world into delicious ass Florida natural orange juice, you dig? Our boy Shinji trips mad balls for the next like half hour and finds out that he wanna kick it back on Earth, this ethereal non-corporal bullshit really be crampin' his style. He's like "Yo, peace bitch" and heads back to Earth, but he's feelin' whack as hell and starts chokin' on his bitch.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 320x180
>>71084954
Why didn't Shinji take advantage of the situation? Why didn't he tell his dad to give him a large sum of money to pilot the Eva, like make a deal with him
>ill pilot this robot alright, on one condition, you give me money and other luxury items
>>
>>71085111
>robots
>>
Party at Rei's house
>>
its highly overrated anime
they went nowhere with the plot and pulled the ending out of their ass because they ran over budget

like 10 episodes in, you ask yourself, where its going, because its not going anywhere, and they are just doing monster of the week formula with no other semblance of plot or coherent story

i just recently watched through the series for the first time and wondered myself what the fuck is this overpraised piece of shit. i watched so many better animes in the past and for this to be the most praised anime? just sad and pathetic, they rally behind it, because its gimmicky. they try to act like its 2deep4u because of mature themes but nothing about is handled maturely , its just whining teenagers venting angst. other animes have done it better, and had better plots while doing so.

i would recommend .hack//sign over that
the TWEEST actually adds depth and meaning, the ending isn't something they pull out of their ass, the characters are developed better and handled better. the plot is better. and they followed through with the plot development more coherently

even FMA is better than it
>>
>>71089171
Because he has absolutely no reason to trust his dad. He only wants to please him because he's never known his father's gratitude or warmth, he even tells himself later in the Leliel episode that he's just regurgitating and redigesting the fleeting moments that his dad actually appreciates him. The kind of thing that any normal dad should do without having to put your kid through physical danger and psychological torment.
>>
>>71089028
love it
>>
>>71089171

He's a 14 year old boy with several issues like deppresion, anxiety, abandonment and overall lack of self esteem.

The only thing he wanted was to be praised, specially by his dad, but Gendo is a manipultive cunt.
>>
>>71089256

What does she smell like?
>>
>>71089269
You're factoring too much of your personal grudge with the elitist fanbase into your review of the show.

Also .hack//sign dropped the ball in the latter half and beyond the interesting premise it's very much just a thinly veiled commercial for the ps2 game.

Keep in mind, Evangelion came out in 1995 and probably inspired all the later anime that you think did it better.
>>
>>71089389

LCL fluid, aka Tang.
>>
File: 1419650112123.png (178 KB, 318x344) Image search: [Google]
1419650112123.png
178 KB, 318x344
>>71087973
>It's not a cartoon
found the pretentious anime faggot. a cartoon is a cartoon, no matter where it comes from. animes are cartoon. fucking idiot
>>
>>71084954
To retain your ego is to accept both the love and pain that comes with connecting to others, to lose your ego and have no borders between your self and others is to reject real connections with people thus losing both the love and the pain that comes thereof.

This is a criticism against many immature subcultures, particularly the ones in Japan, who retreat from society out of fear of rejection and escape to mindless pleasure, be it mindless action mecha \ moe SoL anime, video games of the same type of escapist vein, drugs, alcohol, fast food, etc.
>>
>>
>>71089426
>found the pretentious anime faggot

Where do you think we are?
>>
>Rei is a pill popper

what doe Gendo give her

Uppers or downers?

What's up with those pills anyway, why would Gendo want rei to be a Pill Popper
>>
>>71089269
If you see glaring errors or unfinished stuff in anime, it's not because they ran out of money, it's because they ran out of time for whatever reason.

>>71089426
Cartoons and anime are different subsets of animation. I've noticed people usually get really upset when they're told this.
>>
>>71089472

Probably stuff to help her with her alibino/clone body
>>
>>71089472
it's fucking adderall
>>
File: laughing tomino.jpg (56 KB, 445x629) Image search: [Google]
laughing tomino.jpg
56 KB, 445x629
Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially /a/.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin. A big difference between Gundam and Eva is that 0079 has one of the best endings in anime history and Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.
>>
>>71089545
Pandering has never been proven to exist in anime, and the whole idea is a misconception.

Anime doesn't have anything to do with pedophilia, and anime is by far less perverted than Western media.
>>
>>71089545
So you're saying I should watch MSG instead?

But there's so many of them, I don't know which one to watch. Like that Gundam wing one or the one with the kid with the pony tail.
>>
>>71089545
>show a lot of skin
>plugsuits cover entire bodies
room for improvement
>>
>>71089472
xanax and lots of em
>>
>>71089621
in the home life sections they show alot of skin
>>
>>71089396
>i cant handle criticism so i need to invent a victim complex
>personal grudge with elitist fanbase!
no, its quite literally a point of fact it is an overrated anime
and its also a point of fact, that is well documented and commented by every person who worked on the anime, that they literally did go overbudget and had to pull the ending out of their ass.

>it came out in 1995! thats my excuse for it being complete shit and overrated!
>>
File: spunk.jpg (101 KB, 1258x710) Image search: [Google]
spunk.jpg
101 KB, 1258x710
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71087973
Most anime is aimed at manchildren
>>
>>71089647
almost exclusively asuka, but then a major facet of her character is that she's a massive attention whore anyway
>>
>>71089650
Digibro says otherwise, and I'm more inclined to take his word over some Anon's since he's obsessed with Evangelion and Anno and is pretty knowledgeable about anime in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXfigGZWY8E

>>71089671
This is the standard meme people deploy when they can't argue it's made for children but still don't want to admit it's made for adults.
>>
>>71089515
no, its quite literally they ran out of money, they had no budget, they wasted it all on their power ranger's monster of the week formula. its well documented and every person in part of production of the anime has commented to that effect in interviews.

for an anime, to have such a shitty and terrible ending, nothing it has done or attempted to do is worth mentioning. they failed, and anyone that sits there trying to defend "congratulations" is a fucking pleb who is delusional as fuck
>>
>>71089269
>because its not going anywhere, and they are just doing monster of the week formula with no other semblance of plot or coherent story

Literally brain dead.
>>
Is

Gunbuster better than Evangelion? A friend of mine told me the communist girl in that show is the predecessor for Asuka in Eva.
>>
>>71089711
>random retard on youtube vs quotes and interviews from actual production members of staff from company that made the anime

okay, you're delusional and i can't help you
>>
>>71089740
>Gunbuster better than Evangelion?

No, only a contrarian would say some stupid shit like that.
>>
>>71089711
This is a joke right? I watch anime but I know that 90% of it is aimed at horny slightly pedophilic manchildren who want "comfy" escapism.

Yes, the vast majority of all media forms are crap, but anime's particular flaw is that most of it is aimed at manchildren, while other media forms just aim for the lowest common denominator. Both just want the leech the most money out of their particular demographic, with a handful of actual works of art once every few years.
>>
>>71089739
>can't argue , might as well greentext!
you mean, the part where all they had was the tweest reveal, and then fucking nothing? because that's literally the entire plot
>>
>>71089772
you are having a lot of trouble articulating yourself right now, so i'm gonna give you another chance to post what you want to say in fucking english
>>
File: kino.jpg (121 KB, 620x445) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
121 KB, 620x445
>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened to Gainax?
>>
>>71089772

You can't even discern whether something has an overarching narrative when it clearly does. Instrumentality is set up at the very start of episode 2 and is said to be the end goal of SEELE, but they're apprehensive about NERV/Gendo and his intentions. You're an idiot.
>>
>>71089808
beautiful inspiring film, but the rape scene really came out of nowhere
>>
>>71089618
Most of them are shit
>Like that Gundam wing one or the one with the kid with the pony tail.
Those two are shit
>>
>>71089726
See >>71089711

>>71089743
Like I just said, he's obsessed with Evangelion and Anno. He's read interviews and production materials too.

It's also a very common notion that when an anime has problems it's because they ran out of money, but that's not how anime production works. They run out of time.

>>71089769
Anime has nothing to do with pedophilia, and the amount and importance of fanservice in anime is grossly exaggerated (why did Valkyrie Drive sell less than 3000 copies while fanserviceless shows like Girls und Panzer are top sellers?).

"Manchildren" is a meme and "comfy" is just a (very recent) 4chan thing.

>Both just want the leech the most money out of their particular demographic
This is a misconception.
>>
>>71089454
Not the /a/nti-art anime faggot board
>>
>>71084954
world leaders want to start the end of the world i guess just to know there is something more than what we see and hear. they want to live forever in a world without boundaries where memories and sentience bleed together without and you or me but a singular us sort of vibe. that and humanities continued existence on earth is questionable with aliens trying to wipe humans out

so they use the angels a alien species that has waged war on humanity and cloned it top make mechs. they are organic but they are turned into cyborgs so humans can ride in them

they are waiting for the right time for the pilot of unit 1 to be synced enough with his eva (mech) to start the end of the world because that was the whole damn point

when the mass produced unmanned units crucify unit 1 it starts and all consciousness bleeds into 1. everything that is seen as happening after that doesnt happen in reality its the shared consciousness

its how aska knows about shinji jacking his shit to her. there are no secrets when every one is 1 entity. the thing is shinji still has more control being the one that was in unit 1 when it started which is how he ended it... but not before his mind drifted and the collective tried to shame and bribe him into staying
>>
>>71089764
I like the special relativity gimmick
>>
>>71084954
It's a story of how Misato is the best girl
>>
>>71089874
What fucking world are you living in man? Just go take a quick glimpse at /a/ and you'll see what most of the anime-watching demographic is comprised of and interested in.

I agree with you that anime as a concept by itself has nothing to do with pedophilia, unfortunately media will forever be influenced by its consumers.

And what's the misconception, exactly? You think series like Dagashi Kashi, Oreimo, Kiznaiver, or whatever crap they're airing this season is made out of passion and artistry? No, it's made to sell, often not even itself but the manga it adapts, figurines, or even a fucking product it advertises.
>>
>>71089923
https://youtu.be/bxiVxWmBRbM
>>
>>71089942
Go to /a/ if you're going to start that "best girl" faggotry.
>>
>general story
the leader of nerv is secretly trying to figure out how to use the giant jesus eva in his basement to create a kind of matrix for all humanity allowing everyone to live in their own personal heaven

the evas are attacking to free jebus

>shinji arc
people are dicks to shinji, but shinji also acts like an asshole, cumming all over asuka while she sleeps like a sex offender and things, he has supepowers due to being an eva pilot and gains influence over the evas, in the end asuka forgives him and this one act of kindness makes him realize he is a massive cunt so he decides to let people choose whether to live in the matrix or the real world

the entire thing is an allegory for Germany (asuka) and Japan's (shinji) failure in ww2
>>
>>71089434
>>71089256
what the hell is up with the blood? is it from the first episode?
>>
>>71090083
>the entire thing is an allegory for Germany (asuka) and Japan's (shinji) failure in ww2
woah... really makes you think...
>>
>normalfag friend finishes EoE
>"I really liked it aside from the sexualization

Modern generation of western males is fucked.
>>
>>71089999
There's no pedophilia on /a/ either. Are you confusing /a/ with /tv/ perhaps? And in any case /a/ is merely a single community in the English-speaking world. Anime is made by the Japanese for the Japanese and /a/ has nothing to do with it.

>And what's the misconception, exactly?
The misconception that in Japan creators and fans are two completely separate groups of people with no common interests.

>You think series like Dagashi Kashi, Oreimo, Kiznaiver, or whatever crap they're airing this season is made out of passion and artistry?
"I don't like it, therefore the artist didn't like it either." Great logic, 10/10.

>No, it's made to sell, often not even itself but the manga it adapts, figurines, or even a fucking product it advertises.
Did you know that making anime involves the labor of hundreds of people who need to be paid? There isn't even anything wrong with selling things.

Westerners have this irrational fear of capitalism and think everything has to be made by one starving artist and released for free.
>>
>>71090140
Yes, let's have more stupid show like GoT that cram Tits&Asses everywhere because I'm a horny 14 year old.
>>
>>71089808
>It features girls
>OMG WAIFUFAGS

And suddenly the people bitching about pretty girls suddenly become a whole bunch more obnoxious than the people who obsess with them. Fucking twat.
>>
>>71090103
Fifth Episode
>>
>>71090179
>I am a sophisticated adult, look at me being sophisticated and mature
>>
File: toast.jpg (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
toast.jpg
53 KB, 500x375
>>71090113
yeah the matrix thing involves merging your mind with the plebs, so it is kind of like Japan coming to terms with its abandonment of god emperors and the US imposing democracy on it with the help of nukebombs, also a theme in other animes
>>
>>71090165
Yeah yeah loli isn't pedophilia they're 1000 years old etc etc, I don't even care about pedophilia specifically, but you're a liar if you tell me the community isn't obsessed with fanservice, it's basically pornography whether it's pandering sexually or to other desires.

Secondly, /a/ is definitely not entirely American, there are Japanese people there, not to mention 2ch has pretty much the same culture, as do otakus in real life, as did Gaia, MAL, hell /a/ is one of the more subdued and "refined" communities out of them which should put things in perspective.
And saying anime is made strictly for the Japanese is a ridiculous generalization and, as with your whole counter-argument, completely irrelevant to the issue I presented.

>The misconception that in Japan creators and fans are two completely separate groups of people with no common interests.
Yeah, exactly, creators want to make money so they pander to the fans' interests. You really blew my argument wide open.

>"I don't like it, therefore the artist didn't like it either." Great logic, 10/10.
So now we're playing delusion and sophistry? Yeah, Dagashi Kashi is a real passionate work of art, with its candy advertisements and sexual fanservice.
It's not art. Art has themes. Art has expression. Art is not an advertisement, though arguably an advertisement might be art.

>Did you know that making anime involves the labor of hundreds of people who need to be paid? There isn't even anything wrong with selling things.
Of course there isn't anything wrong with selling things.
Fast food sells very well, drugs are a booming industry, and pornography has the largest demographic in the world, coincidentally they all have zero integrity, so don't try and defend a medium of art that disgraces itself in order to make money.

And stop fucking putting words in my mouth. Artists should be paid, people who market pornography should not be more successful than passionate artists, but this is not a fair world.
>>
It's an /a/ re jec t who f el l for the eva is deep maymay episode.

Why do dipshits complain about how Snyder's symbolism goes nowhere, yet this gets praised as deep? Anno pretty much threw shit he figured would look cool and deep on to the screen. Watch Rah Xephon if you want a more coherent version.

also b2
R e d d i t
e
d
d
i
t
>>
>>71090206
Oh god, sorry. I didn't know it was such a elitist thing to not want everything to be aimed for the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>71090510
Snyder couldnt have done evangelion in a million years m8 because hes a hack
>>
>>71090443
It's not because of le epic 1000 years old meme strawman, it's because they don't look like real people, don't act like real people and don't exist in a world like ours.

>you're a liar if you tell me the community isn't obsessed with fanservice
/a/'s obsessions don't change the fact that you are exaggerating the amount and importance of fanservice in anime.

>it's basically pornography whether it's pandering sexually or to other desires.
It's not pornography or pandering.

>And saying anime is made strictly for the Japanese is a ridiculous generalization
It is a generalization but not a ridiculous one since nearly all anime is made for the domestic market.

>completely irrelevant to the issue I presented
You're trying to make it seem like anime revolves around /a/.

>Yeah, exactly, creators want to make money so they pander to the fans' interests.
No, that's not how it works. Creators and fans are the same people in Japan, e.g. someone starts off drawing fan art and doujinshi and then eventually becomes a published manga author or illustrator.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-03/mayoi-neko-overrun-listen-to-me-girls-i-am-your-father-novelist-tomohiro-matsu-passes-away-at-43/.101728
>The official Twitter account of the Comic Market (Comiket) event also mourned Matsu's death, and shared details on the author's work as part of the event's Comic Market Preparatory Committee staff, which he joined when he was still a student. He remained a member even after his professional debut. He appeared in talk events at Comiket Special 5, Comiket Special 6, and last August's 88th Comiket, and also wrote for Comiket's 40th anniversary book.

>Yeah, Dagashi Kashi is a real passionate work of art, with its candy advertisements and sexual fanservice.
You can't argue the author was being insincere on the basis that you don't like what he did.
>>
>>71090443
>>71090736
>It's not art. Art has themes. Art has expression.
You know very well that's not what we're talking about, so don't try to move the goalposts.

>Fast food sells very well, drugs are a booming industry, and pornography has the largest demographic in the world, coincidentally they all have zero integrity
Yeah this is exactly what I meant by an irrational fear of capitalism. You're comparing anime and manga etc. to drugs. You're being hysterical.

There is no reason whatsoever why there's anything wrong with selling manga, anime, light novels, games and figures. It's also necessary to sell them because--surprise surprise--they cost money to make.
>>
>>71089706
shinji literally trips onto naked rei
>>
>>71084954
A boy rejects collectivism.
>>
>>71090614
>le eva is gud maymay

people only remember it, because of the waifus and because it was their 1st WTF Happened!! show.

The relisgious symbolism and references went nowhere because Anno is a hack had clue what he was referencing. Where as Snyder's symbolism is used to drive a narrative.
>>
>>71090736
>>71090766
No kidding, illustrators are hired for showing talent in their works? Damn, really makes you think. That totally means that there's no one running a business, limiting the artist's vision in order to keep selling.

You don't even have an argument against mine. You keep saying I don't want anime and manga to sell, even though I've not once said that. I don't want anime and manga to be MADE to sell instead of expressing a vision, which you fervently deny ever happens on the basis of removing all human cognition, so far as to think even worthless fan pandering mass produced shit like Dagashi Kashi might have been made with any intention but to sell copies at all.

Keep acting blind all you want. Hell, you might even say next that Luluco is as much a work of art as Mushishi. Fuck it, do whatever you want, obviously I won't be able to take you out of your deluded mindset.
>>
>>71090814
you got me there, but that wasn't sexy so much as really awkward and uncomfortable for everyone involved.
>>
>>71091063
But Snyder is terrible for driving a narrative. There's a lot of dull shit in BvS that adds nothing to the plot and messes up with the structure of the movie. Snyder has the mind of an edgy 14 year old and knows nothing about building up a plot.
>>
>>71091063
The religious references were chosen because Japan isn't as familiar with christianity and it gave the show an exotic look.

The only people who seriously read the bible and try to make actual deep meanings using references to religious symbols are christfags, and most of that shit is straight-to-dvd for a reason.
>>
>>71091371
Like what?
>>
>>71091130
>That totally means that there's no one running a business, limiting the artist's vision in order to keep selling.
The point I am trying to make, and which you apparently are incapable of understanding, is that creators in Japan LIKE fanservice and moe etc. just like, say, Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke liked science fiction. There is no difference.

Fans and creators in Japan aren't separate groups of people with completely different interests.

>I don't want anime and manga to be MADE to sell instead of expressing a vision
How do you know what the intentions of the author and publisher were? You don't, you just assume that anything you personally don't like was made by a cackling, moustache-twirling capitalist villain in order to exploit people. Because you're a narcissist.

>worthless fan pandering mass produced shit like Dagashi Kashi
Again, it's not insincere just because YOU don't like it. And no shit it's mass produced, how do you think manga is distributed?

>Hell, you might even say next that Luluco is as much a work of art as Mushishi.
I have no reason to believe that Imaishi wasn't being sincere.

>Fuck it, do whatever you want, obviously I won't be able to take you out of your deluded mindset.
You're the one who's deluded.
>>
>>71091521
>exotic look

so you admit he put it in there cause it looks cool?
>>
File: Daddy Issues.jpg (556 KB, 970x868) Image search: [Google]
Daddy Issues.jpg
556 KB, 970x868
>>71084954
Here you go
>>
>>71091616
Would Evangelion really be a better anime if the imagery was symbolism for a simple bible-thumping/bible-burning message?
>>
>>71091063
>The relisgious symbolism and references went nowhere

They were meant to go somewhere? It's just mishmash of mythic and scientific elements to drive home the otherworldly nature of the Angel along with the state of the world in Eva (the flooding, Second Impact being likened to the fall of man, the Judgment). Only retards have a problem with this and typically can only recognize this purposely over the top imagery as symbolism. It's the same people up in arms with where the Angels come from, the nature of the finale, and other irrelevant details that have nothing to do with Eva at its core. They are truly the pretentious ones preoccupied with the artifice, which goes hand in hand with its meta commentary on anime viewers. I find it hard to believe Anno was so unaware of how much he actually captured the average viewer in his web.
>>
>>71091646
>yo shinji the giant robot is actually your mother and Rei is a clone of your mother
>i hope that's cool with you
>>
>>71091671
Anno put them in there with intent to make the show seem deeper than it was, which is why he's a hack.
>>
>>71091571
the scene where lois lane goes to meet the black guy in washington and then they say each other like 2 lines and then a punch line and thats it

also all the stuff that holly hunter was doing and all of her points about superman went to shit when she died and we never knew nothing again from it

also most of the weird things lex say actually dont represent anything in the actual story they dont fit into something superman did
>>
>>71091646
>hey son i haven't seen in what, 9? 10 years? anyway look, you've piloted a giant robot before right? no? ok, that puts a damper on things because it is really fucking complicated and uh, i know this is kind of last minute but the fate of all mankind depends on you not only figuring out how to switch the fucking gear shift on this thing, but also fighting a giant monster that is impervious to conventional weaponry. i'll be honest, we're not even positive if the whole giant robot approach is going to cut it. oh yeah, and i'm not asking this of you because i love or care about you in any way, and i sure as shit won't love you even if you manage to kill that thing. you are really just a means to an end for me, i don't see you as a son by any stretch of the imagination. what's that? you don't want to do it? well i guess i'll just have to emotionally manipulate you into doing it by guilt tripping you. yeah, bring in the fucked up girl. see that? fucked up right? yeah she's gonna pilot the robot instead of your bitch ass. she can barely fucking walk right now and i love her more than i ever loved you. oh, ok cool, you'll do it.
>>
File: 47464684_p0.jpg (870 KB, 1697x1200) Image search: [Google]
47464684_p0.jpg
870 KB, 1697x1200
>>
>>71091835
Do you read the bible?
>>
>>71091835
>i saw the picture where anno said that he chose the word "evangelion" for the title because it sounded complicated, so from this, i can discern than any and all religious symbolism, imagery or references are completely meaningless
>>
>>71091854
lois scenes are to reveal lex's plot with intentions to de fame superman, and also to show that lex is well connected with high ranking politicians and that lex's plans in africa were permitted by them.

Finch was there to serve as a F O I L to lex, they cut some scenes of her, watch the UC.

Did you not understand the Promethues story and how it relates to superman?
>>
>>71092487
>HURR IMA PLEB WHO ONLY WATCHED EVA BECAUSE I SAW SOME FAGGOT MAKE A REPETITIVE THRE AD TO BAIT NEWFAGS AND PLEBS.

Shouldn't you go make some posts on /a/ about how awesome HXH is?
>>
>>71092809
you just typed a nonsense statement. i seriously think it's more likely that you slammed your head against your keyboard repeatedly in an attempt to kill yourself than attempt to form a cohesive thought and express it through text.
>>
>>71091959
her pussy probably smells like flowers with just a hint of sweat because of her everyday work out regimen to keep her supple body in peak condition to battle alien space niggers
>>
File: Reinhard lohengramm.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Reinhard lohengramm.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
who gives fuck about nigger genesis evangaylion
>not watching the GOAT
>>
>>71084954
Shitty cartoon for manchildren.
>>
File: 1415346783153.jpg (44 KB, 645x716) Image search: [Google]
1415346783153.jpg
44 KB, 645x716
>>71093342
>>
>>71093368
Lady Oscar?
>>
>>71091776
So you agree the visuals and references are incoherent and are only there to make the plot seem like its going somewhere? They only serve to distract the watcher to make it seem like the things going on in the show is deeper than it is?
>>
>>71093397
It's not a cartoon, and "manchildren" is a meme.
>>
>>71093489
When is the last time you honestly watched evangelion?
>>
>>71093540
Why?
>>
>>71090140
>he didn't appreciate my badly drawn ladies >:'(

Your parents sure are proud of you fat fuck.
>>
>it's a autistic manchild found his way to /tv/ episode

Back to your containment board, subhuman.
>>
>>71093853
4chan was created for stuff like anime. /a/ is one of the earliest boards. If anything here is a containment board, it's /tv/.
>>
see
>>
Death Stranding is going to have Mechas in it.
>>
>>71085272
You're reading too far into it. The creator has explained the show doesn't really have a meaning. Not trying to preach or push anything. Any deeper symbolism you detect is of your own creation.
>>
>>71085506
>the society is actually planning to return humanity to a primordial state where everyone was one and there was no suffering between people

>the project gets hijacked by a guy who wants to have control over the process himself so he can reunite with his dead wife because he's a miserable wounded human being

Where's the difference?
>>
>>71094483
Nah he just said all the religious shit is just there to look cool

all the character interactions and motivations are still trying to make a point
>>
>>71094483
Think it was the art director (who is a creator) and he's talking about all the Christianity symbols. To say something has no meaning would just be a lie if Hideaki Anno said it.

NGE is about anime nerds and escapism. Running away from reality because they may be hurt or thinking that other people hate them and will never accept them. Main character rejects the escapism (called instrumentality where everyone joins together into one being and everyone is happy in their own worlds) at the end (it quite literally shows Shinji living out a school anime fantasy, late to class, seeing a girl's panties when he runs into her) because it is fake happiness. That's all it is.

Anno spent his life on anime bullshit instead of living a normal social life and this was a product of that. Rei represented the anime doll girls that lacked personality and Asuka was the "real" girl who was a stuck up cunt. Shinji wakes up next to Asuka in the finale after rejecting fantasy, and she says "disgusting" toward Shinji as the final word of the series. That's after Shinji starts choking her to prove they are separate entities who can hurt each other and that he escaped fantasy.
>>
>>71095046
Maybe someone should have just told Anno that being an otaku and socializing aren't mutually exclusive. He must have even socialized himself seeing as how he made anime with other people for fifteen years or so.

>Rei represented the anime doll girls that lacked personality
He was fighting against a strawman then.
>>
>>71084954
CONGRATULATIONS
>>
>>71088176
very insightful
>>
>>71085272
Ok, tell me something. Are you like, one guy who keeps reposing my pasta or are there multiple people who do this on this board?
>>
>>71087112
There's literally no hint of this whatsoever. It's a meme that they aren't completely alternate endings, each of which deal with instrumentality. The Eva fanbase hold on to their assumptions way too hard.
>>
>>71089428
>This is a criticism against many immature subcultures, particularly the ones in Japan, who retreat from society out of fear of rejection and escape to mindless pleasure, be it mindless action mecha \ moe SoL anime, video games of the same type of escapist vein, drugs, alcohol, fast food

Or funposting.
>>
>>71091646
>nice to see you son would you mind piloting this mass destruction weapon
>yes it's very complicated and dangerous
>yes it's extremely painful and even if you make it through you maaaay cause a lot of collateral damage and everyone will hate you
>yes the robot is your dead mom
>yes I need the robot to melt all humanity and be reunited with my wife
>yes you would obviously be melted with the rest of humanity why would you make exception
>cool now get the fuck out of my way I have a daughter-wife to show affection to
>>
>>71089835
This doesn't affect the actions of any other character and doesn't manifest in any specific action in any understandable way until EoE. Most of the events are driven by characters and MotW showing up in any given episode.
>>
>>71094870
I've been wondering this, too. Except you could say that (in this version of Instrumentality) Yui kinda floats around in space at the end, without Gendo being able to reconnect with her madmum-ass. Seems like he lost, the moment Rei III tore his hand of with her womb-dentata.

Generally I don't know which plan worked in the end. Seeles?? I thought they wanted to become gods (but only them and nobody else, kinda lika Yui in the end)? But they aren't they are all tang-bros!
>>
>>71091776
This. I swear he did his homework to attract as many people on the autism spectrum as possible just so they could get BTFO when they nitpick.
>>
>>71095787
presumably seele didnt want people to be able to just leave if they feel like it, so really none of the factions got what they wanted
>>
File: Keel_smile_(EoE).png (195 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Keel_smile_(EoE).png
195 KB, 640x480
>>71095952
then why is he so happy here? Shouldn't he be pissed of or is he content with this version because at the very least Angels don't fuck up Lilin and he gets to be realized from his mecha-body?
>>
>>71096032
>released
>>
>>71096032
thats before lilith/rei talks to shinji so maybe they couldn't tell anything was amiss, i dunno. iirc didn't they say using unit 01 wasn't their original method plan anyway, but more of a stopgap to preempt gendo.
>>
Why couldn't they just make another rei instead of forcing shinji into unit 01 against his will?
>>
File: 1336979335206.png (326 KB, 657x3213) Image search: [Google]
1336979335206.png
326 KB, 657x3213
Here
>>
>>71093368
I tried watching this a couple years but I got bored a few episodes after Kircheis dies and dropped it. Too much talking and nothing happening for my ADHD. If my MAL page is right I left off at episode 28. Does it pick up any time soon after that or just I should forget the idea of ever revisiting it?
>>
>>71096438
>Le extended universe canon meme
>>
>>71096588
Pretty sure it was all approved by Anno himself. It all fits into the show perfectly.
>>
>>71096626
Still just shit invented after the actual show
>>
>>71095673
>This doesn't affect the actions of any other character

Most of the characters are in the dark about Seele's intentions, and moreso Gendo's.

Kozo knows what's up more or less and is fully on Gendo's side. He just wants to see Yui again

Ryoji spends his whole time trying to work out what Seele is up to, and once he does he's killed for it.

Ritsuko knows all about Seele's plans but is Gendo's pawn to begin with. Seele choose her to foil Gendo's plans knowing that she'll turn against him in favour of Seele when she's made to realise she's expendable in Gendo's selfish ambitions for instrumentality.

I don't think Mistato really cares about instrumentality even though Ryoji and Ritsuko make it clear to here what has been going on.
All she seems to care about is destroying the angels and all her other knowledge about the situation is used only to encourage Shinji to choose to do things on his own terms, instead of being a tool for Seele or his dad, and getting destroyed like Rei and Asuka.
>>
>>71096658
Doesn't make it any less canon
>>
>>71096687
Oh right, should have actually paid attention to what you replied to.
>>
>>71096314
They did eventually. That's what a dummy plug is
>>
>>71095190
> that being an otaku and socializing aren't mutually exclusive

This is true and you can interpret that Anno is saying that depending on how you want to see it. Most otaku do not socialize the way that he felt he "missed out" on. Which as I see it is dating girls and such when you are young and before you become an old asshole like Anno himself. Evangelion is saying that the you in your fantasy can be the you in real life and to stop hating yourself. I think it's quite an uplifting message as long as you don't take it as an attack on your hobbies. Shinji perceived everyone hated him and characters respond "that's just you thinking that everyone hates you".

I'd say Anno did have animosity since he stuck the death threats he received in End of Evangelion. But it's a case of the worst anime fans end up representing all anime fans.
>>
>>71088176
Part 3 when?
>>
>>71097039
When Evangelion 4.0 is out
>>
>>71085214
The great irony being 20 years later the license is just a cash generator aimed at waifufags
>>
File: Evangelion In One Image.png (306 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Evangelion In One Image.png
306 KB, 720x540
Here you go OP
>>
>>71097137
Ouch
>>
>You will have have a 30 year old alcoholic teach you the secrets of dirty sex
>>
>>71097160
No it's not ironic at all. See>>71096828
In no way does NGE say that your hobbies are bad. It is more about personality than anything.
>>
>>71097398
>filling your room with Eva merch is not a barrier to socializing, and dating girls

I think after the death threats from people who take that shit too seriously afeter for NGE and then more for EoE, Anno just thought:
>Fuck it, these ones are beyond redemption. I'll milk them for money out of spite
>>
>>71097639
Merchandise is pretty popular in Japan. It's not exclusive to otakus. And again, having merchandise doesn't really mean you fit the character of Shinji. Neither is watching anime. It's more about the attitude of reaching out and identifying with other people.
>>
>>71084954
Anime could've been better if they stuck to the basic storyline about humans vs angels.

I was okay with evas being their mothers. I was okay with the original angel being the cause of the impact. I was okay with a lot of shit, but I wasn't okay with Kenji's mind trip nonsense.
>>
>>71084954

If even I a basement dweller who is roughly similar to the original audience gets it, why can't you. Sure Anno's intended message/'fuck you viewers, go outside' backfired, he instead delivered a wonder piece of entertainment with wonderful visuals. His message is not at all new, just nicely presented.

He is also a faggot for he only encouraged the very behaviour he wanted to demean. There's utterly nothing wrong with some people living their lives like that.
>>
>>71098359
Being ok with yourself and loving people around you =/= not watching anime
>>
>>71084954
It's what would happen if oh!great made a mecha anime.
>>
The holy trinity of anime
>Ghost in the Shell
>Evangelion
>Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>71098594
-GITS
-Ninja Scroll
-Bebop
>>
>>71098594
>>71098657
>Stardust Witch Meruru
>Third Aerial Girls Squad
>Exile
>>
>>71094870
I suppose being with her physical body is different than being with her in orange goo mode.
>>
>>71089902
jeez man go back to /b/ pls.
is calling everybody a faggot a goal in your life?
>>
>>71095787
Gendo's Plan
>trick SEELE into thinking he is working for their goal
>kill all the angels
>have his spy (Kaji) steal embryo of Adam
>take soul of Adam (Kaworu) plus body of Adam (that's implanted into his hand) and mix it with the soul of Lillith (Rei) and the body of Lillith (giant white marshmellow) to become the god of instrumentality
>use said powers to recreate a world where he is reunited with Yui/join with her in Eva-01 and fuck off to space forever
>use Unit-01 was the medium
>don't tang the fuck out of everyone

SEELE's plan
>fight the angels
>build 13 production Evas
>use the lance of longinus + the production Evas to carry out instrumentality
>tang everyone (effectively killing them), returning everyone's "body" to a primordial soup where there's no suffering and everyone complements each others flaws

Yui's plan
>fuck off to space as evidence for humanity's existence in Unit-01
>oh and give her son and humanity and a collective psychotherapy "test," where only those willing to accept their individual differences and human suffering can retain their bodily form
>>
This desu >>71085449
>>
The creator ripped off childhoods end and humanity turned into a giant liquid hivemind, except shinji realizes this and wakes up on the beach with asuka and then she chokes him.
The end
>>
Babby's first existentialism
>>
>>71097639
It's a barrier only if you're ugly or autistic. Or if said merchandise are waifu dolls.
>be normal looking and sociable
>fill a reasonable portion of your personal space with evas or whatever the fuck you like
>be cool about it rather than autistic
>people see it as a quirky le nerdy ironic hipster guy thing
>you can now have both your weeb hobby and a social life
>>
>>71101749
HOL up, so you be sayin that it's not okay to isolate yourself like shinji did? Even if you don't have nothing else to do? Like making yourself be around love ones won't make you be like shinji?
>>
>>71101031
explain
>>
>>71089615
Then why didn't we get a look at those tasty Thomasin nips?
>>
>>71085449
>dad starts armageddon because his dads a badass rebel that wants to end the world and kill everyone for some reason that's never really explained
What are you on about? Gendo is super triggered about the death of his wife. And he doesn't want to kill people. Instrumentality is not the death of all people. Its like mixing everybody's consciousness into one (which is what the giant ball of liquid is). It basically means most dead people are alive and no living people can die. And despite it being Gendo's final goal, he is rejected from being involved by Lilith (Rei) herself.
>>
>>71099134
>Yui's plan
Ultimately that's more 'Lilith's plan'.
I guess after a certain point they are the same though, right?
Like actual Yui is dead, and the only thing really carrying out any real plan is Rei who is basically the soul of Lilith
>>
DMT
>>
>>71104347
Yeah, I don't think Yui really interacts that much with Shinji inside Unit-01.

It's mostly Rei that's talking to him and Rei was Lilith's soul in Yui's clone body.
Though I suppose since Unit-01 is Yui's soul in part of Lilith's body there might be some mutual joining of the two that best helps Shinji
>>
>>71088072
The majority of anime these days are not made for children and are actually targeted at a very specific audience, Otaku.

The tastes of Otaku, however, may seem to be very childish.
>>
File: 1367178000508.jpg (41 KB, 411x580) Image search: [Google]
1367178000508.jpg
41 KB, 411x580
>le deleconstruction of le mecha le genre

>le symbolism of le relationship between le Artist and le audience fanbase

so le intelligent and le DEEP XDXD
>>
>>71105193
You realise you said actually nothing just then
Like without all the 'le's you basically just said the truth
>>
>>71098594
>naruto
>bleach
>one piece
just joking pls no bully
>>
>>71084954
NGE deals with people being unable to accept themselves and inability to make relationships beyond a superficial level. Kawrou tells Shinji that humans also have AT Fields that hold our egos and make us individuals. Every character in NGE is trapped by the hedgehogs dilemma which makes them unable to actually connect with people as that would expose them to getting hurt. The solution to the hedgehogs dilemma is through instrumentality which would break everyone's AT Field and destroy the individual, everyone would know each others deepest secrets and everyone would be exposed with all their flaws. Shinji at first accepts instrumentality as he has been emotionally destroyed throughout the series and hates the world. Once in instrumentality Shinji realizes that it is just another way to escape reality, and Shinji wants to live in reality because he finally accepts himself and wants to see his loved ones again even though he may get hurt again it's worth it. Shinji breaks from instrumentality and sometime later Asuka also breaks from instrumentality. Shinji chokes Asuka probably due to the built up rage he has inside of himself but eventually begins to cry. This shows that Shinji is still a flawed person and will make mistakes in reality as he is a mortal man with an ego. Shinji and Asuka have finally learned to accept each other with all of their flaws. Asuka says "kimochi warui" which could mean she is disgusts by the whole instrumentality ordeal or she feels sick by the whole ordeal she went through.
>>
>>71103020
No, I was just saying that it's possible for the two to cohexist, didn't mean to make any implication
>>
>>71085449
didn't watch the show: the post
>>
File: u0dib.jpg (7 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
u0dib.jpg
7 KB, 427x240
>>71084954
In summary:

>Gendo: Yes, yes. Omedetou Seele. Omedetou! >However...

>Rei: Yes, yes. Omedetou Gendo! Omedetou!
>However....
>>
Shower, make an honest effort to connect with other people and watch your Japanese cartoons less and you will probably be more happy
>>
>>71106254
Connecting with other people is pretty overrated.
>>
>>71095517
IMO, the show ending is an internal 3rd impact for Shinji, while EoE is the external 3rd Impact. Both happen.
>>
>>71084954

It's a big allegory for Brexit. But one made 20 years ago
>>
>>71091646
I'm pretty sure Gendo said more words to Shinji in this comic than he did in the entirety of NGE.
>>
>>71096438
thanks for posting this

now, why is there blood on the moon? why is the ocean already red? why does everyone within NERV know about Lilith?

is the rebuild a continuation?
>>
>>71093489
Wow, it's been a long time since I saw someone so dumb that the heavy handed shit in Eva went over their fucking head.
>>
>>71106210
did it hurt
>>
>>71084954
A handful of flawed individuals try to save the world from aliens with giant cyborg thingies.
>>
>>71106749

>That ep when Shinji is determined to break away from Gendo to move on with his life but at the end, after getting told "good work, Shinji" by his father, begins to fellate him and say that's why he pilots
>>
>>71084954
It's a shitty neo-freudian shitfest filled with meaningless symbolism, long drawn out scenes with no real purpose, and "art" drawn with crayola
>>
>>71084954
Robots Vs Monsters set to classical music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kklRLVrt9Qo
>>
>>71096438
>7 seeds of life
>half with the fruit of life
>half with the fruit of knowledge
>no seed given both fruits, because it was too dangerous

How does that work if there is an odd number of them?
>>
what kind of apartment complex do you want rei
>>
I'm on 4chan and I'm going to say anime is for children ha ha.
>>
Evangelion is an existential work. As such, it chronicles the descent into and recovery from despair and isolation. The last two episodes are an analysis of the logic and circumstances which have caused each of Eva's characters to become the fractured, alienated beings they are and what social mechanisms keep them trapped that way. The mechanism can be summarized as "everybody is broken and searching for somebody, and thus can't find anybody." Nobody is capable of offering any love or acceptance because they don't even love themselves. The personal flaws at the heart of this are explicated for each character between the last two episodes.

Shinji does not believe himself to be worthy of love largely because of his abandonment by his father. Because he hates himself, he believes everyone else does too and assumes that they will reject him if he gets close to them, so he isolates himself. He tries to escape using various methods but ultimately is forced to face a painful reality anyway.

Asuka has the same deficiencies as Shinji but hides them behind a veil of pride and egoism, largely because she feels that being like Shinji would make her pathetic (everyone in the show does, which is why they all put up fronts. And I've often heard it said that Shinji can rightly be called the show's hero because he is the only character who wears their heart on their sleeve.)

Misato is also self-loathing but tries to escape using romance and pleasure.("But if you would seek only love's pleasure and love's peace, it is better that you should pass out of love's threshing floor into the seasonless world, where you will laugh but not all of your laughter and cry, but not all of your tears.") Because of this, she feels that she is a slut, and is trapped in a destructive cycle of temporary escape and guilt.

(1/2)
>>
>>71108530
(2/2)
Rei presents the Evangelion Philosophy of Existence: that "you" are nothing but the product of your interactions with others, and that the qualities others ascribe to you, ultimately define you. She faces an identity crisis because of the knowledge that she is a clone, and thus "replaceable".

Literally every other character except Kaworu faces these deficiencies and hides or escapes from them in some way. In Eva, the AT Field is literally and metaphorically the walls that people erect around their hearts. During Instrumentality/The Third Impact, the AT Fields of everyone on the planet are dissolved and every person is laid bare before one another. This is episode 25 and 26. Here Evangelion gives the way out of despair. Shinji is presented with several possible worlds (absolute freedom, perfect happiness) and told that any one of them is possible. He learns that reality is what he perceives it to be and that he is always free to choose to be happy, no matter what is going on around him. He learns that if he accepts his pain instead of running from it, he will have conquered it. Through honest interactions with the other characters, he also realizes that nobody hates him, and they all want him to be happy too. And with that, the show's central (and really only conflict) is resolved and Shinji can move forward in life with peace.
>>
>>71108579
>Shinji can move forward in life with peace
Isn't the whole planet fucked at that point?
>>
I've watched some of it, boring ass fucking anime.
All of the characters are bland and non interesting, the enemy "angels" are boring because its not explained why they are attacking, there's not motivation for it so your not invested in it and the episodes consist of training to fight the angels, like there's nothing interesting or convicting about any of the characters. Code Geass is a million times better, all of the characters are more fleshed out and you're hooked by the first episode, this is fucking boring. Even if it's supposed to get "better" it's no good to have a series start out so horribly dull.
>>
>>71092540
went to sleep m8

Even if there was a point on the Lois scenes the dialog was so empty and obvious that made them feel completely innecesary and tedious.

I shouldn't need to watch a longer cut of a movie that was already quite long and didn't succeed to tell properly a story.

I know a lot of the allegories that are used on the film but they are so many and they relate to the story so little that they just compromise the structure.
>>
>>71084954
Shinji learns to not hate himself and accepts living in a society because even when people are usually bad sometimes they are not and it's worthy when that happens.
Done
>>
>>71089615
It exist to a degree. Free! Was fujoshi bait
>>
>>71109710
>I don't like it, so it must be bait
Every time.
>>
File: 1466115345958.png (522 KB, 546x730) Image search: [Google]
1466115345958.png
522 KB, 546x730
Fucking nigger mods still not closing this weeb thread. Is this the future of /tv/?
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.