[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This is Sparta! what did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 350x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 350x259
>This is Sparta!
what did he mean by this?
>>
That he'll never give up his city to the faggot ass Persians
>>
he meant
>this movie will be overplayed to death before it's a year old
>>
>>71084938

Why is it even worth going to war? Who the fuck cares who rules you, its either one ass whole or another. What did they really not want to give up their retarded beliefs or something? Again who cares.
>>
File: hdtf.jpg (478 KB, 1273x675) Image search: [Google]
hdtf.jpg
478 KB, 1273x675
How does that feel, Persian?
>>
>>71084990
>t. cuck
>>
>>71084990
>literally wanting to be a slave or a serf

fuck's sake
>>
>>71085044
I'd love to be a slave, personally. You have no responsibilities, no worries other than your work, and guaranteed food and board.
>>
>>71085040
>>71085044

>he thinks he is free

You will never be "free" from government control or social norm. You will never not be a wage slave or a salaryman. You may not be toiling in salt mines or picking cotton, but dont think your "free". You also cant pick your rulers either. So stop trying to "fight"
>>
>>71085303
I am NEET, therefore I am free.
>>
>>71085208
>>71085303

>comparing modern life to slavery

your spoiled fucks deserve to be beaten daily and forced to do menial labor from sun up to sun down tb-h

I guarantee you spend over half your life shitposting instead of working.
>>
>>71085336

NEETs are trapped within their own way of life. You will never do the things you dream of. You are only content to sit in a static way of life absorbing mediocre jolts of electronic entertainment deluding yourself into thinking nothing more is needed from life. The back of your mind knows this, the rest doesn't want to admit it.
>>
>>71084901
He was informing the persian messenger that the spartan way is madness to outsiders.
>>
>>71085451

It wouldn't make a difference if it that was the case or not. Being beaten and forced to do hard labor is roughly about the same mental or physical stress as an office job or construction. Yeah it hurts sometimes but at the end of the day you go back to your hovel and whittle away the remaining hours till you start up again.
>>
>Earth, and Water?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71085531
>Being beaten and forced to do hard labor is roughly about the same mental or physical stress as an office job or construction

kek

The modern world has spoiled you to the point you have no idea how harsh the real world is.

Go and live in a third world country to see how nice life is outside your pleasant, safe suburb. That's about as close as you can actually get to slavery.
>>
>>71085652

>the world I occupy is somehow less "real" then anywhere else

return kek

That aside, I never said it was the same thing, yeah I'd rather live in a nice comfy modern world than 3rd world country, but it is all about perspective. If I grow up in a 3rd world with no hopes of getting anywhere my life is pretty much set and I have no more or less stress than the guy in the office with the over due report.
>>
>>71084990
>letting someone boss you around, insult your wife, threaten you and your people with slavery and death

yeah I guess the war really wasn't worth fighting and they would've gotten along fine if Leonidas just sucked off sexrex
>>
>>71085208
>slave
>no responsibilites
>no worries other than your work
>guaranteed food and board

holy shit do you know what slavery is?
>>
Nigger here.
immigrant who moved from Nigeria.
lmfao neets dont want that slavery life.
slavery still exists in Africa and Asia.
just called househelps now
>>
>>71085883

As opposed to it being some other jerk? Grow up kid. it doesn't matter who rules you.
>>
>>71085778
>If I grow up in a 3rd world with no hopes of getting anywhere my life is pretty much set and I have no more or less stress than the guy in the office

how would you know that if you never lived a 3rd world life?

You are just making shit up

>the world I occupy is somehow less "real" then anywhere else

It isn't real for the vast majority of humanity for the vast majority of human history.

you got incredibly lucky getting to live in a rich country and should thank god every day you are living a life of luxury with little to no oppression or abuse.
>>
>>71084990
Spartans were renowned for their advanced culture and human rights because they were soldiers not ruled by anyone.

This was because of their competitiveness with Athenea, who's pride about Democracy was lauded by the Spartan's.

No army was going to take them by land, it was part of their pride. It's literally their entire culture. Picture Klingon's. Then picture every military imitating the spartan's for all of history.
>>
>>71085981
>every leader treats you equally

that's not how life works, fuck boy

Some leaders and cultures are far more oppressive than others. Persians don't believe in rights to this day.
>>
>>71085981
I don't know if you realize this, but Leonidas was the King of Sparta.
Why would he invite Xerxes to rule over him?
>>
>>71085993
>>71086006
>>71086038
>>71086163

Fuck off chump change cuck bananas I know best. You are being fooled if you think letting someone not walk all over you isn't the best way to get through life. Shut up, keep your head down, and do what anyone tells you to do. THAT is how you survive.
>>
>>71086210
I don't disagree, I am just talking about Shaft, I mean Sparta.

It's one of the most famous cultures in history.
>>
>>71084901
Why were the Persians all niggers?
>>
>>71084901
was this the first ever /tv/ meme?
>>
>>71085778
Your right, working in a sweatshop for three shiny pebbles everyday while worrying about marauders coming into your rusted shack to kill you for your pitiful money is exactly the same as having an office job that pays you minimum wage.
>>
Leonidas was informing him that he is in Sparta. Where niggers are outlawed
>>
>>71084901
He meant "I have big baaaaaalllllllsssss"
>>
>>71084901
He meant that they have meager accommodations for high ranking emissaries.
>>
>>71086163
>Why would he invite Xerxes to rule over him?
You could ask the same thing to his nephew that became King after he died and would secretly plot with Xerxes to conquer Greece.

Only to be outed and chased into a Temple of Athena where he would hold up (since no violence was allowed inside), so the Crypteia barricaded the only entrance and made him almost starve to death inside.
>>
>>71086210
It's not really survival when you're inviting anyone to do whatever they want with you, including killing you.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 600x480
>>71086006
>advanced culture
>human rights
>>
File: afro-iranians.png (289 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
afro-iranians.png
289 KB, 420x315
>>71086330
because they are
>>
>>71086678
they actually did. one of the few ancient cultures to treat women equally and exist in basically a classless society.
>>
>>71086785
>a classless society
Spartans werent classless

There were the Spartiates (the ruling class of warriors and noblemen) and then there were the helot slaves.
The reason the Spartans were such good warriors were that they had all the time in the world to train and make mad gains since the helots worked the fields and would provide them with food while being treated worse than shit. They would randomly beat them up just to remind them of their place and young Spartans going through the Agoge would have to go down to a Helot village and kill a bunch to prove themselves as men and warriors.

The irony of the entire thing is that while Sparta never fell to outside invasion or got razed to the ground by enemies it ended up falling cause the helots revolted and left.
Because throughout all that fucking time up until the birth and fall of Rome, the Spartans never learned basic agriculture and could not take care of themselves. So they just left the city to fall into ruin and moved away to functional societies closeby like Athens or Corinth.
>>
>>71086785
>classless society
dont how can say that when the majority of their population subsisted of slaves you ducking laconoboo
>>
>>71087048
>>71087123
>implying slaves are people
>>
File: 1454597431765.jpg (30 KB, 794x130) Image search: [Google]
1454597431765.jpg
30 KB, 794x130
>>71084990
Fucking pathetic. Open your mouth, barrel boi.
>>
>>71087248
There were still the subclass of perioikoi that were free men under the spartiates, famalam.
>>
>>71087372
i don't remember that, i just know that soldiers lived a life of relative luxury given the context.
>>
>>71084901
>what did he mean by this?
Why do people meme like this?
>>
He meant that you should check 'em
>>
>>71087776
oh shit I'm sorry
>>
>>71087569
This...is....4chan!
Anons don't need reasons to be goofy idiots.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.