[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone seen this? It's pretty funny though Sarah Silverman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Has anyone seen this? It's pretty funny though Sarah Silverman kinda ruined some parts for me, the nazi propaganda joke was hilarious. Not as Hot Rod but still pretty good better than most DUDE WEED LMAO and LE FUNNY WOMYN comedies that are being pumped out every year.
>>
its fun, i liked it, spain got wrecked in this
>>
silverman wasn't bad at all. do you just not like her? is her dislike for her in this film fueled by resentment your harbor toward her or can you specifically explain how she "ruined" some of the parts?
>>
>>71084569

Not that guy but I can't get into Silverman at all. Her appearance on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee was decent but everything else I've ever seen her in I didn't like. Maybe School of Rock she was tolerable but that's because she was playing a character you were supposed to hate and I found that pretty easy to do.

Her comedy is too repetitive for me. I haven't seen this movie yet (this weekend hopefully) but I'm hopeful I'll like her more in this than other things I've seen her in. Even if she's not better I doubt she'll really ruin any scenes.
>>
>>71084698
her character in this film is pretty straightforward. she doesn't have a big role and she is mostly used to bounce comedy off of and doesn't seem to offer much aside from being the straight woman to the goofy characters although she does have some good moments and delivery

but I totally understand how some people just don't like her.
>>
>>71084569
I just think her delivery was poor, her voice makes me cringe and is just one of those comedians that don't make you laugh at all.
>>
Silverman was in 0.000001% of the movie

I wanted to see her suck a cock or get her tits out etc

This movie was ok but it's forgettable and I think unrewatchable
>>
>>71084824

That sounds fine then, I don't hate her at all like some people do but I just can't get into her for whatever reason.

Though it looks like I'm not gonna get to see it this weekend because it appears to be pulled from every theater near me already. That's kind of a shame. This movie had basically no marketing so I'm not really surprised, but it still sucks.
>>
>>71083150
Ringo's punchline to the gay rights song made me laugh out loud. The movie is good. Nothing extraordinary, but great lonely island stuff. It looks especially great in comparison with most of current Hollywood comedies
>>
>>71083150
Not as good as it could have been but still better than I was expecting it to be. Worth a watch.

Best cameo was Timberlake.
>>
>>71085075
Hot wings! Sports! Not gay
I'm glad they took a rip at mackelmore for making a song that he did which was obvious cash grab
>>
>>71085043
dvd rip is out
hardcore moonrunes but it's there
>>
>>71083150
Definitely deserved to make more than it did. Not an amazing game changer like spinal tap but definitely a good sort of remake of spinal tap in its own way. I can totally see this getting a cult following
>>
Loved it. The music was good, actually well-written jokes, and the satire of our current pop-stars was pretty spot on.
I guess I'm the only /mu/ poster in california because I was the only one losing it over the pitchfork ratings. everyone laughed at the shit emoji line
>>
>>71085212
hardcoded*

who else really enjoyed the tmz parody? one of my favorite bits
>>
>>71085212

Looks like you're right. Downloading it now.
>>
>>71085259
>Pitchfork can be pretentious sometimes
conner4real is smarter than /mu/ drones
>>
>>71085259
>I guess I'm the only /mu/ poster in california

what an incredibly obnoxious arrogant thing to say, especially bragging about understanding the significance of a pitchfork gag

holy shit I want to bash your head in your monitor for being such a little twat. I bet you wear skinnyjeans
>>
>>71085277
The mid-credits scene was great.

My favourite bit was the fucking War of the Worlds helmet. It's such a stupid obscure gag, I loved it.
>>
I liked it. Felt like it was an actual ridiculous celebrity. Songs were bretty good. The dick scene went on a bit long, but it was still kinda funny. Also the turtle scene where he's trying to leave made me legit feel.
Shoulda made more than it did, but i think advertising with some of the lamer jokes might have turned some people off.
>>
>>71083150
just finished watching it...it was aight...

couple laughs but i never really found lonely island to be extremely funny.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.