[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think we can all agree that horror films have been mostly terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1401x788-horror3.jpg (138 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-horror3.jpg
138 KB, 1401x788
I think we can all agree that horror films have been mostly terrible for a long time. Maybe one decent-to good movie a year if at all. But what do you personally dislike about them and think that is the problem with modern horror films? What cliches or "tropes" just trigger you?
>>
Horror movies are better now than ever.
>>
>>71081708
lol ok.
>>
>>71081559
who is the one on the left most in white clothes?
>>
>>71081763
Brianna Wu
>>
>>71081740
>muh cheesy slasher B-movies
Fuck off. The 80s killed horror for decades.
>>
>>71081763
Frankenstein's Bride... you uncultured swine.
>>
>>71081821
I don't like any of those movies, just wanted to have a general horror pic
>>
>What cliches or "tropes" just trigger you?

retarded characters in general
le spooky children laughing or voices
only the girl survives
the fake jumpscare only to have a real one a couple of minutes later
>>
Over reliance on gimmicks, the focus of each scene is a gimmick, or people reacting to it, or building up a reaction to it. When was the last time you saw a horror movie that actually tried to tell a story?

It's just a string of scenes with something spooki in them.

Also, what triggers me the most in particular kind of a cliche, is that jumpscare where the object isn't obsucured, but is standing in some corner of the shot, while innocuous character is going about the business. First sinister did that, but i remember others using it too.

It's more insulting than the actualy jumpscare, because they're flat out spelling it that we're gonna startle you with a rapid flash of sound and image and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
File: the-witch-goat_0[1].jpg (130 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
the-witch-goat_0[1].jpg
130 KB, 612x380
>>71081962
>le spooky children laughing or voices
>only the girl survives
But The Witch was fucking great despite this.
>>
>>71081559
>Slashers at the back, kino at the front.

THis is how it should be.
>>
File: cryptkeeper.jpg (77 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
cryptkeeper.jpg
77 KB, 500x376
>>71081559
found footage
faux documentary
zombies
exorcism

I can't fathom why anyone would look at any of those three at this point and think "Yeah we could probably use another one"

I want more historical horrors like The Witch in other eras and places and featuring the monster myths of those cultures

Also want Chucky vs The Leprechaun and a new Tales from the Crypt/Outer Limits/Twilight Zone style series
>>
>>71082340
The fist Nightmare on Elm Street is almost kino
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.