[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things plebs say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (36 KB, 447x329) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
36 KB, 447x329
ITT: Things plebs say

>literally nothing happens
>>
File: 1465249090470.jpg (18 KB, 532x125) Image search: [Google]
1465249090470.jpg
18 KB, 532x125
You make this thread three times a week.
>>
>ITT: Things plebs say

>>literally nothing happens
>>
>Yeah I'm really into film. My favorite movies? The Seventh Seal, Sunrise, 8 1/2, L'avventura, Tokyo Story, Seven Samurai, the 400 Blows, the list goes on...
>>
File: osom.jpg (47 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
osom.jpg
47 KB, 620x465
>People who say ''Film is supposed to be entertainment!''
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
>People who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
>People with most movies on list made in last 20 years
>People who have no foreign language movies listed
>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick on their list
>People who have any comic book movie listed
>>
>>71080372
They spam GoT threads.

>>>/qa/566881
>>
>>71080414
Whats wrong? Are we taking space from your meme and game of throne threads?
>>
>>71080372
GoT is good
>>
>>71080414
And I'm going to make it three more times, so sit down, shut up, be a good boy and give me another bump you incredible faggot
>>
>>71080414
You're right.

Six times a week it will be.
>>
>>71080491
These replies are when you know a board is dead. You can see the same reflexive defense of shitposts on /r9k/ and /v/, but now people are starting to use it on /tv/ as well.

>the board is already shit so I don't need to care about board quality

The board is shit because, not only is it filled with crossposting rejects, but because so many posters acquiesce to this kind of thinking reinforces shitposting and fuels the feedback loop of neverending memespouting that pushes everything that isn't a trendy new meme or an active general off the catalog.

>this isnt even the worst thread on the board so its fine if its reposted garbage!

RIP /tv/
>>
>>71080623
What do you want us to do? You report a shit post thread and if the janitor/mod likes it you get a ban or the report cleared

They want this board to be trash and Hiro like moot wont do a thing about it
>>
>>71080623
Dude, do you think Jon Snow is the best swordsman?
>>
>>71080726
>What do you want us to do?

To treat the board with respect. It's not popular on the big boards to say this now, in fact its almost always met with some derisive little taunt that someone could actually CARE about quality on the resident garbage heap, but board quality ultimately begins & ends with the users. I know the board is crawling with teenagers who just want to meme. Who see /tv/ as their personal chatroom to dump every inane whim they get, but that's not a good excuse to add more trash to the fire.

And contrary to how this post may come off, I don't want this board to be entirely sanitized or lobotomized into something like reddit2.0. I like that /tv/ always allowed for a bit of funposting. It's one of the many reasons I think 4chan is superior, but when the board is in a state like this, it just reinforces the mindset that it's OK to shitpost.

I don't know. Maybe you're right and /tv/ is entirely a lost cause. Maybe caring about board quality is trying to slay windmills. I just don't want to see another one of my home boards become ruined because users forgot how to self-moderate & treat their board like a community.
>>
>>71081099
>but board quality ultimately begins & ends with the users.

Which is why 4chan died the day it went mainstream.
>>
>>71080372

>I didn't like the ending of the Witch
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 240x240
>>71080372

>It's popcorn fun, just turn your brain off and enjoy it!
>You didn't like (insert their preferred capeshit studio's garbage here)? You must be a butthurt fan of (insert rival capeshit studio's equally dumbed-down trash here)!
>I didn't relate to any of the characters, therefore it was bad
>The cinematography was amazing!
>Comfy
>>
>>71080372
>Enter the Void was a good movie
>>
>DAT ENDING

>THE ENDING SUCKED

>WAT WAS W/ THE ENDING????

>ENDING ENDING

>L.E ENDING

>ENDIGNNG NGEASIGBESIOH
>>
1999 was the best year for films
>>
Shameless self-bump
>>
>>71081507
3 of the things you said were valid
>>
>The cinematography makes it a great movie.
>>
>>71080442

T. Sonic the edgehog
>>
File: 09.jpg (607 KB, 1952x1744) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
607 KB, 1952x1744
Everything on this chart
>>
>>71084008

screw you m8, vlc is great
>>
File: 1.jpg (114 KB, 841x475) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
114 KB, 841x475
>>71084114
This isn't modern art.
>>
>>71084437

That's a codec error you retard
>>
>>71081099
I've given up on trying to make threads on tv but I support you anon, I wish I could help more
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.