[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't the Bolton army flip out in the slightest when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14
File: Wun Wun.png (397 KB, 642x837) Image search: [Google]
Wun Wun.png
397 KB, 642x837
It's not like they had ever seen a giant before, let alone fight one. They're mythical creatures to the vast majority of people in Westeros.
>>
They were too busy salivating over the thought of flaying dat giant cock.
>>
>>71079627
6k men vs. 1 giant
>>
>>71079627

This, how did they not abandon their places when they saw Wun Wun ripping their friends in half
>>
why didn't he kick the shield wall?

Sure they were able to hold up against the wildlings pushing against it, but wunwun was strong enough to literally punch a hole into the gate of winterfell.

He would have broken the wall with 1 or two kicks
>>
>>71079627
Why aren't there more giants?
>>
imagine the size of wun wun's shit
>>
>>71079627
why didn't they make a giant weapon for him to swing around. Sure would have come in handy for breaking up the shield wall
>>
>>71079775

JON SNOOEEEE KILLED EM IN THE ICE TUNNEL WANKER CUNT. SANSA WAS RIGHT THOUGH JOHN DOES KNOW NOTHIN.
>>
>>71079627
Too bad there was no time to make Wun Wun some armor or a club. Maybe some goggles.
>>
>>71079745
Giant Asspergers
>>
>wun wun will never kill a dragon with his bow.
>>
>>71079745
>why didn't he kick the shield wall?

Why didn't they give him a weapon?
Why didn't they use him as a distraction?
Why did they just throw him into the middle of a group of skirmishers?
Why did everyone let Ramsey just unleash an arrow, unimpeded, into his eye?
Why are D&D such excellent writers?
>>
Why didn't the giant bundle 3 of the pikes together in his hand and just smash the formation? There was literally no reason for the giant to be caught up in that pike wall. He alone could have smashed through those lines if he had just taken three pikes out of their hands.
>>
>>71079775
Wun Wun is one of the last or in fact might have been the last of the giants.
>>
>>71079731
They were soldiers of Gondaw
>>
>>71079627
They were probably sedated. Milk of the poppy with some beer ;-)
>>
Even a tree or a big hammer would have helped.
>>
>>71079889
Why didn't they give him a gun?
>>
>>71079627
that giant was a faggot

a giant faggot

ramsy hawkeyeing that faggot best day of my life
>>
Because d&d are hacks that dont keep up on the lore that they created on their tv show.
>>
File: 114.jpg (6 KB, 356x270) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
6 KB, 356x270
>>71080212
>>
>>71079627
A hail of arrows would fuck him up. Imagine getting shot up with nails. It doesn't have to kill instantly; good luck moving when every movement drives a blade deeper into your body.

No armor on a giant just makes a giant target.
>>
Why didn't he just start throwing horse corpses at the shield wall? There was a big pile of them right there.
>>
>>71079745
A shield wall only works as defense for calvary, the spear/meter ratio made that circle really easy to pierce, just get close and boom, useless , D&D are shitheads that know nothing of Medieval Combat
>>
>>71079627
Because the show's been getting simpler and simpler ever since the red wedding. Details are omitted, it's not as in-depth as it once was. They are running out of time, they gotta cull all plotlines, and keep everything rolling with the least new subplots as possible.

Just look at the scene when they visit Lord Glover. If that shit happened in S1, it would have been much more detailed. They would have ate there, slept there, etc.
>>
>>71080420

how did the romans build a civilization killing wildlings err i mean barbarians? Oh thats fucking right when untrained men fight in large formations the occasional beserker might be a threat but otherwise its easy pickings as you saw with the push poke shuffle and defending every man to your left.
>>
>>71080406
Can't find it on tvtropes, but I'm sure there is a thing out there that forces you to always make big creatures completly inefficient and stupid in their actions, when in combat. If the giant started to run towards the shield wall, he would have wrecked their shit, then he could do the whole circle (assuming they would stay in formation, but they wouldn't). Worst he would get is a first spike in the leg or something on impact, but after that shit would hit the fan for the boltons.
>>
>>71079811
>you will never see wun wun kill someone by throwing a massive shit log at him
>>
>>71080685

for wun wun not to even use a bow when other giants had used a bow earlier seems to me they are screaming "WE WANT THE CHINESE AUDIENCE WE WANT ATTACK ON TITAN".

This show is devolving at such a fantastic rate, its a marvelous and strange shit show.
>>
File: (you).jpg (140 KB, 1280x780) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
140 KB, 1280x780
>>71079627
He had been sitting in the siege camp in view of the castle since the day before. They had already done their gawking from the safety of the castle.

>shield walls, medieval tactics, etc
fuck off its fantasy, and it was by far the best battle scene of the series. Every "historical" movie depicts tactics just as retarded, if not more so. When I want to learn history I read a book about history. When I want to watch a Jesus and his army of snow-niggers unleash their down-syndrome friend to use his retard strength to fight off a horde of S&M goth nerds I watch a fantasy show.
>>
>>71080829
Why didn't they gawk at the thousands of soldiers in the Vale army?
>>
>>71080648
Jon Snow was in charge and he held a defence Vs The entire wilding army and faced the undead army more that two times
Davos was his advisor and helped stannis on his plans
The bolton are a bunch or northen scum who had no right to be that organised
>>
>>71080860
They didn't shop up until after the battle had begun. Sansa rode with them, and she was in the camp the night before.
>>
>>71080868

that wildling army could barely even siege a small force of 200 men with an advantage numbering thousands + giant's who had giant long bows...
>>
File: 1434470565490.jpg (27 KB, 472x332) Image search: [Google]
1434470565490.jpg
27 KB, 472x332
I had to re watch it because I was certain I just missed a shot or something of him losing his weapon he started off with. But no, literally the best warrior on either side of the battle went in bare handed. fucking kek

also
>that 30 foot tall pile of bodies

jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>71080829
>When I want to watch a Jesus and his army of snow-niggers unleash their down-syndrome friend to use his retard strength to fight off a horde of S&M goth nerds I watch a fantasy show.

lel, underrated post
>>
>>71080229

This tbqh senpai

D&D are eternal kikes
>>
>>71080181
His hands were too big, he couldnt get his fingers i side the trigger guard
>>
>>71079775
CGI is expensive.

There are still a few hundred in the books.
>>
File: nigga made me spill my bong.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nigga made me spill my bong.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>71080829
>Jesus and his army of snow-niggers unleash their down-syndrome friend to use his retard strength to fight off a horde of S&M goth nerds I watch a fantasy show.
>>
>>71079775

>start of season 3
>we see one giant
>end of season 4
>we see three giants and one mammoth
>Jon says Mance has more giants and more mammoths
>Stannis shows up, we see neither
>season 5
>one giant at Hardhome
>no other giants seen ever

Where the fuck did all those giants and mammoths you were talking about go, Jon For that matter, where the fuck did the rest of Mance's army go? He had a huge army and Stannis subjugated most of it. He didn't slaughter the wildlings, he explicitly let them come through the Wall. Why the fuck didn't Jon roll up to Winterfell with enough widlings, mammoths, and giants to run a fucking train on Ramsey?
>>
entire episode was an overrated turd
sansa was a cunt
the choreography was terrible
they had no battle plan
and once again we're supposed to give a fuck about a 2 bit wannabejoker who pulls massive armies out of his ass that could topple the 5 kingdoms, with 0 funding, 0 allegiances, 0 food or provisions

entire series jumped the shark a while back, and its just been circling the drain ever since, back when they had the joker wannabe pull an army out of his ass when literally they had his opponent spending 5+ episodes trying to gather funds and recruit for his army

now the entire show just is too popular for its own good, and it knows it can get away with anything, and the writers just stopped giving a fuck
>>
>>71079889
wun wun isn't the brightest tool in the shed
>>
Why didn't anyone make a fucking cudgel for him? Nigga was swinging a big ass log at the undead and that worked pretty well.
>>
That's a good point actually. Didn't Alexander the Great's troops lose their shit when they came across Indian Elephant Troops?

and Wun Wun is basically a human elephant.
>>
>>71079889
Yea, and why the hell did those archers that were aiming at Ramsa let him fire off 3 shots at John? How did they know he would miss? John didn't give them a stand down signal, he could've been killed easily. Do the soldiers know he has plot armour too?
>>
>>71082868
Jon*
>>
File: s.jpg (142 KB, 1391x988) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
142 KB, 1391x988
WHAT HAPPENED
>>
>Jon falls for oldest trick in the book
>about to get ass raped by 2000 riders
>plot horses inc
>he escapes death like 10 times
>somehow 6000 men turns into like 2000 men
>Ramsay killing his own men
>Convenient corpse wall forms behind them
>SHIELD WALL!!!!!!!
>Wildings don't try to run away
>Wun Wun doesn't just smash the shield wall to pieces when its trying to form
>Wun Wun doesn't have a fucking giant log to rape the wall
>Shield wall surrounds enemy instead of rooting them
>Wildlings could flee and Ramsays horses could have easily raped the fleeing enemy

DnD literally fucked up this scene. The only thing I liked was the gore and PTSD of the whole scene.
>>
>>71080685
>tvtropes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUeV-roMUA
>>
>>71082549
why wouldnt he have a massive army? He has the backing of the crown and the entire north is his.
>>
>>342168086
>>71079745
CAUSE THEY HAD GIANT FUCKING SPEARS. Idiots
>>
File: 903.jpg (143 KB, 1724x973) Image search: [Google]
903.jpg
143 KB, 1724x973
>>
>>71079889
>Why did everyone let Ramsey just unleash an arrow, unimpeded, into his eye?

More importantly, why didn't Ramsey just shoot Jon instead of the giant?
>>
File: 1395283763224.jpg (93 KB, 677x631) Image search: [Google]
1395283763224.jpg
93 KB, 677x631
>>71082515
for that GONDOR MOMENT NIGGER
>>
>>71082950
I laughed

image needs to be reversed from left to right though
>>
>>71079627
He should dual wield two trees
>>
>>71082868

> can literally come back from the dead
> plot armor

I'll never understand
>>
>>71080420
No shield walls are really effective in pre-gunpowder combat and the spear is arguably the best pre-gunpowder killing tool in existence. What wasn't shown in the battle was the way shield bearers would stab over their shields and into their enemies' skulls with a sword when the enemy cleared the spears and started to press against the shield. They show it in vikings pretty well.
>>
>>71079889
To be fair I think the idea is that they were lucky to have him fight at all. I think they were concerned that if they tried to make him use a weapon or give him commands he would fuck off, he's good enough as he was.

also why the fuck doesn't winterfell have a moat?
>>
>>71086340
The water would freeze?
>>
>>71086362
Not all mouts are filled with water. A large ditch around the perimeter and drawbridge is enough to render most siege weapons useless.
>>
>>71079627
>Giants aren't yetis

I'm still fucking mad about this.
>>
>>71086340
>>71086362
>>71086455
This desu

Jon 'we can't siege' snow when it is clear that wun wuns retard strength could have rekt Bolton immediately

Is Jon the worst commander in westeros?
>>
>>71082557
He was smart enough to punch a small hole in the door in order to open it from the outside rather than keep punching the door.
>>
Where was the Giant's big gay ass bow?
>>
>pick up a dead Bolton
>swing him around
>break the entire shield wall with no danger
>>
>>71079627
I think they are way more scared of Ramsay.
>>
>>71086996
>I don't know how human bodies work

the limb will come off if he were to swing it hard enough to break a mass of shields and spears, and even if it didn't the body would splatter.
>>
>>71087065
Even dropping them from shoulder height would be sufficient
>>
>>71079885
dark souls
>>
File: normies.png (118 KB, 210x219) Image search: [Google]
normies.png
118 KB, 210x219
more importantly... what did Rana mean by this?? why is she doing this?? this is total slut behavior. this is very very haram. she needs to be punished. no muslim should act like this.
>>
>>71086996
how bout getting a handful from the dead body pile and hurling them down behind the shields, or ripping the spears out of their hands and stabbing down at them.
Fuck, anything but lightly batting the spears around would have been better.
>>
>>71079713
If someone had thought to give him a giant sized sword and shield instead of nothing but his dick to fight with ,then might not have been bad odds,seriously imagine him with a 10 foot sword and two story round shield.
>>
>>71090130
How about one of those ballista sized giant bows from the battle at the wall. I bet that could punch a nice hole in a formation.
>>
A giant isn't just worth 100 men or whatever, a giant is an army in itself. Like jesus, you need a fucking siege weapon to kill one. He was still running after being stabbed a bunch of times.

They could have just had him picking up their own soldiers and throwing them at the enemy and he still would have been infinitely more useful
>>
>>71079627
they should have given the giant proper armour and let him just wreck everything by himself
>>
>>71079627
There was only one. They outnumbered the other guys enormously. If based CIA hadn't come to the rescue, it would have been an effortless victory.
>>
>>71090379
Or 7 nights watchman?
>>
>>71090415
why do people keep saying this. where the fuck are they going to get a giant sized set of armor. From that shitty castle black forge? with all the steel they don't have? I mean, at least give him a tree to swing around or something but armor is out of the question.
>>
File: 1385433165698.png (367 KB, 450x449) Image search: [Google]
1385433165698.png
367 KB, 450x449
They should've trained all the giants dark souls style. They already had one that was good enough to fuck up the guys on the wall.

It doesn't make sense to place your best units as shock troops unless you absolutely need them at the right time. Using them as mobile ballistas would be fucking unreal. I'm surprised more fiction doesn't use them like that instead of as suicidal ogres.
>>
>>71090473
thats a giant in a confined area where you could get an attempt at a vital part of the Giant like Ramsay did

a giant in an open battlefield is a walking tank, capable of throwing boulders and trees to wipe out dozens of people at a time
>>
>even with the Mormonts, Hornwoods and Mazin's, Jon would have around 300~ mounted knights, whereas Ramsay would have atleast 2000 if we go by the numbers from the first Battle of Winterfell
>their cavalries were still evenly matched
Is this the power of 62 proud men?
>>
>>71090545
i would take the armour from 20 men and refashion it into armour for wunwun
>>
File: giant-shoots.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
giant-shoots.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>71090564
>>
>>71090582
I think it was the power of ramseys retarded battle strategy of firing on his own troops and throwing the battle into chaos.
>>
>>71090545
I think we're mostly just saying they could have gave him something,they knew they were going to war way beforehand and he goes to battle with nothing,it's stupid.
>>
>>71082950
D&D happened
>>
>>71080775
this tbqh
why didn't wun wun use the fucking spear bow
imagine if ramsey was shoting at ricky and suddenly a fucking spear pierces him and 10 men behind him
>>
>>71083656
because ramsay likes to fuck with people and he saw that jon had an emotional connection to wun wun. he'd rather make jon sad than kill him
>>
>>71088686
No money left in the sfx budget
>>
>>71082549
>they had no battle plan

stopped reading there

confirmed for autistic faggot retard

go back to plebit
>>
Nice redditor containment thread

we need these badly

keep it up and keep it going.
>>
>>71086455
>oh wow i dont know what permafrost is
>>
File: 1466412613226.jpg (60 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1466412613226.jpg
60 KB, 550x733
>>71090130

He needs to have a club and a mammoth.

he woulda fuck up that entire army with that
>>
>>71086340

But the main reason he joined Jon was to survive or go out in a blaze of glory as apparently the last giant.

Why would he refuse a weapon?
>>
File: wun-wun.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
wun-wun.gif
2 MB, 400x224
Just imagine how fucking cool this episode would have been if Jon's battle plan revolved around utilizing an armed and armored Wun Wun until the Vale arrived to rout Ramsay's army.
>>
>>71081584

Hey /pol/.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.