[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
By the time the Avatar series is done, it'll have out-grossed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Avatar.jpg (50 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
50 KB, 720x720
By the time the Avatar series is done, it'll have out-grossed the entire MCU. How do Marvel-cucks feel about this?
>>
>>71075689

Isn't Cameron partnering with Disney to make an Avatar theme park?
>>
File: 1460948880271.webm (3 MB, 576x312) Image search: [Google]
1460948880271.webm
3 MB, 576x312
James Cameron will shit on the MCU and Disney

Your days are numbered Disney Shills.

The king is coming back.
>>
DCuck here.

>go see capeshit
>It ain't me starts playing
>a falcon attacks me while the cart is going up the first hill
>can't fight back because of my VR headset
>>
>>71075689
Realistically, if it's incredibly successful, Disney would buy it
Realistically, it won't be incredibly successful
>>
>>71075892
>Realistically, it won't be incredibly successful
kek

>Implying James Cameron won't succeed
>Implying Cameron hasn't colonized his own planet where he has been shooting these movies for the past 7 years
>Implying Cameron hasn't invented real blue aliens

Deal with it

Capeshit is DONE
>>
>>71075689
Actually, considering the MCU is only sitting at $4B after 13 movies, it's only going to take 1 more Avatar to surpass that.

2 Avatar movies > The entire MCU

By the time all 5 are done, Avatar will be so far ahead of the MCU, even with the new movies coming out, that Marvel-cucks will have no choice but to an hero.
>>
>>71075955
Oh nevermind, those are domestic. Still 5 Avatars will beat the crap out of 25 MCU movies.
>>
Avatar 2 will be the first movie to break $1B domestically.
>>
>>71075689
But it won't

MCU has already grossed $10,2 billion, with Infinity Wars and all that other shit it will probably end at about twice that amount

Avatar will never beat that. You're fooling yourself if you think Avatar 2 will gross as much as Avatar, sorry.
>>
>>71076182
A sequel to a good movie always grosses more. Do we not have enough examples of this? Especially after 9 years, the demand will be high. Just look at Star Wars. Avatar 2 will make $3.5B.

Avatar 3 and 4 won't make as much but still around $2.5B each. The Final one will make $4B if the series remains decent, cause it's the final one. Harry Potter is a good example.

So you're looking at over $15B. It'll may be close between the two actually.
>>
>>71076502
>A sequel to a good movie always grosses more

This is definitely no universal rule. Besides, Avatar rode on the 3D and CGI hype, a hype that no longer exist.

>Just look at Star Wars
One of the biggest franchises of all time and a major influence on pop culture. Avatar cannot compare.
Besides, Star Wars made more money than TFA if you count the inflation.

I think the second one will make TFA numbers, the 3rd and 4th JW numbers and the 5th will definitely beat $3 billion at least.
>>
File: 1439964875305.jpg (85 KB, 625x484) Image search: [Google]
1439964875305.jpg
85 KB, 625x484
>>71076502
>What is Spider - Man 2 (2004)?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.