[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brilliant performances for awfully written characters/shit movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
Brilliant performances for awfully written characters/shit movies?

>Bane
Not memeing. He gave a perfect performance. He was intimidating even with his very short height. He was also quite expressive for someone whose face is mostly covered.

>Apocalypse
Larger than life character, campy at extreme. Oscar Isaac gave everything and was not ashamed to go the extra mile for such a ridiculous and almost clownish character. He got the histrionics from the 90 tv series perfectly.

>Gooby from Spider-man
There is not much to say. Dafoe was perfect.

Does this happen outside of cape movies? Is there any other instance of brilliant performances on shit characters, shit movies?
>>
>>71074968

They are big guys...
>>
>>71074968
>very short height

what movie did you watch
>>
>>71075078
Tom Hardy is 5"9' he's a pretty short guy but most people are short in Hollywood.
>>
>>71074968
Thats not Bane, and if it is it was shooped. Tom hardy only had months to bulk up for the movie, which wasnt enough. He ended up more fat that muscular.

Noland had to use a lot of cinematic techniques to make him look muscular in the movie

>Only filming him in shadow lighting that accentuate muscles
>Filming him from below
>Having him fold his arms or put them in another position when outdoors to make them look muscular
>Have him wear a thick coat when in the daylight so you can't see hes skinny fat
>>
>>71075130
5"9 is the average height in north america for males.
>>
>>71075151
I think its pretty obvious for everyone its a fucking shop. We are talking about performance and you are already talking about looks/comic book accuracy missing the fucking point already.
>>
>>71074968
>>Apocalypse
>Larger than life character, campy at extreme. Oscar Isaac gave everything and was not ashamed to go the extra mile for such a ridiculous and almost clownish character. He got the histrionics from the 90 tv series perfectly.
I loved his speeches, I loved his campy acting, I loved even his appearance (Despite not being comic accurate), I don't get why he got so much hate.
>>
>>71075191
this is what the average manlet in north america believes
>>
>>71075226
nice meme
>>
>>71075211
Would you believe an anorexic to be Bane? No you cunt, he has to bulk up. This isnt dedication, he didnt deserve the role
>>
>>71074968
is my goal body shopped?
>>
>>71075191
Tom hardy is british you fucking manlet.
>>
>>71075048
for me.
>>
>>71074968
Dafoe is as bad as TLJ's Two-Face
>>
>>71075260
YES YES NICE MEME

HOWEVER
>>
>>71075214
I think people will like his performance with time. Kind of like Nicolas Cage in Wild At Heart.
>>
>>71075191
Actually the average height for males in North America is 5"10
>>
>>71075214
>NO MORE SLINGS, NO MORE SWORDS, NO MORE WEAPONS...no more superpowers
That speech gave me chills...then I watched Stan Lee and I knew the world was ending...but the nukes go to outer space and nothing happens. Wtf? This is exactly what I was talking. The performance made me fear him, but then nothing happens.

I also liked how he tanked the most powerful mind rapist in the world and the most physically powerful mutant at the same time. Xavier channels all the suffering in the world into him through a mind attack, while Magneto uses his planet destroying powers to attack him physically and literally nothing happens. If it wasnt for the Phoenix asspull Apocalypse wouldnt have lost. They made him really strong and threatening for once. They needed to go full cosmic power to beat him. No shame into losing to the Phoenix
>>
>>71075262
Well, he is anorexic on many incarnations when he is out of Venom.

>>71075326
So he is great and underrated?
>>
>>71075214
movie Apoc was amazing
>>
File: cia big tongue.gif (1 MB, 324x255) Image search: [Google]
cia big tongue.gif
1 MB, 324x255
>>71074968
I want to lick these guys all over
>>
>>
>>71074968
Hugo Weaving as Red Skull.
Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor.
Ben Kingsley as Mandarin.
>>
>>71075673
Based Ben. 100% agree with it.
>>
>>71075262
I thought he only had months to bulk up for the role?

Stop moving the goalposts, shit for brains.
>>
Apocalypse in Xmen: Apocalypse was a major letdown. I wanted him to be like the one in the 90's cartoon.
>>
>>71074968
Agreed. I had no idea that was Oscar Isaac until the credits rolled. Those are just three excellent actors, I think.
>>
>>71075326
Dafoe's Green Goblin was fucking perfect.
>>
>>71077603
But he is...unless you are talking about not muh costume. He is a campy faggot that screams too much and jobs easily even with his killer powerset. With a retarded survival of the fittest theme.Thats what he was in the tv cartoon.

Most of the complains are he is too short and I agree but its something superficial. And the other one is why he didnt transform his arm into a gun? How the fuck would help him transforming his arm into a gun?
>>
>>71075673
Ben Kingsley wasn't the Mandarin, Guy Pierce was.
>>
File: 1438749255119.jpg (217 KB, 960x919) Image search: [Google]
1438749255119.jpg
217 KB, 960x919
>>71075191
>north america
10 feet taller
>>
>>71078080
Actually there is a real Mandarin in the MCU. ANd its neither Pierce or Ben.
>>
>>71078377
One shots don't count in the MCU. We both know that.
>>
>>71074968
>Apocalypse
I like oscar but is this a meme I'm not aware of?
This was piss poor shit probably limited by 100lb of costume and makeup.
>>
imagine being such a manchild that the three performances which come to mind are all capeshit roles. i mean they are literally children's movies. how low does your self awareness need to be?
>>
>>71075214
Agreed, anon. Isaac did really well.
>>
>>71075844
4 months to go from skinny to bodybuilder? Thats not enough
>>
>>71078490
>Does this happen outside of cape movies?

Complain about something OP already wrote about...doesnt make any better example either
>>
>>71075191
Manlets be like, 5'9 is average height in north america USA California disneyland in the water park
>>
Lex from BvS (I honestly thought it was Superman 2 with so much focus on him and Lois got soooo much screentime, more than Wonder Woman but Lex was awesome even if he was nothing like Lex just as Batman was nothing like Batman)
>>
>>71075579
>I almost got gassed like a fucking jew you moron, be more careful next time.
>>
>>71075441
Yeah, I loved the way they really made him look all-powerful. That's actually rare in recent capeshit.
>>
>>71078743
kek
>>
>>71075326
god-speed spiderman
>>
Bane was not intimidating. He didn't have the eyes for a role that obscures the face. The reason immortan joe worked was because the actor literally had the right kind of scary eyes or brow shape or whatever.

Hardy looked like the fuckin Gerber baby with a mask.
>>
>>71081259
I think he nailed the voice tho. I don't think anybody else could pronounce "LEEEEGUE OF SHADOWS" or "OF COURSHE" better than him.
>>
>>71075130
This. I'm 6'5 and pretty heavy at 150 and I could fuck up Hardy any day of the week. Fucking manlets.
>>
>>71083094
Being a fat bastard doesn't mean you're strong, and certainly not that you're able to fight.
>>
>>71077948
cause then he could just shoot the x-men
>>
>>71083550
>150 is fat
>>
>>71075151
I hated how everyone thought he was huge, then when he got ripped for warrior everyone just said he was ripped all along.

He wasn't even that big in Bronson, no pun intended.
>>
>>71083094
>I'm 6'5 and pretty heavy at 150
If pounds, fucking lanklet
If kilograms, fat bastard
A 5'9 fit guy should be fine either way
>>
>>71083646
To what effect? He could just use the sand to cut their heads anytime yet he didnt. The powers he had in the movie were vastly vastly bigger and more powerful than whatever shit he did in the tv series or the comics.

He levels a fucking city with a twist of his hand. Thats DBZ tier shit.
>>
>>71083684
The dude says he's 6'5 and heavy at 150, I'm assuming he means kilos, and that is sure as fuck fat
>>
>>71083849
cause bullets are faster then sand
>>
>>71075191
"Average" only because it's skewed by the heavy amount of hispanics flooding the southwest. If you go to any predominantly white community, the average height for males is more like 6'2".
>>
>>71083944
No, not really. The sand managed to catch Quicksilver who is several times faster than bullets.
>>
>>71084013
well yeah but that was because apocalypse can speed up the sand, imagine if he sped up the bullets
>>
>>71075191
I live in the Northeast and seriously I haven't seen a male under 6' in probably five years.
>>
>All I wanted from Poky lips is a huge mecha mutant
>We get a blue and schizophrenic evil Jesus/Yahvee
>>
WHY DOES HE SCREAM..and then whispers...JUST TO SCREAM AGAIN-AIN-AIN!!?
>>
>>71075326
Tommy's Two-Face sucked because the best incarnations of Two-Face are dark and tragic. Dafoe's Green Goblin was flawless and that's because the best incarnations of the Green Goblin are extremely hammy.
>>
>>71074968
UUUU
>>
X-men Apocalypse is at 510m right now with a modest budget and close to none marketing.

It seems the rights are not going back.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.