[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Tarantino Film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 940x1688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 940x1688
What is the best Tarantino Film?
>>
>>
h8ful
>>
What's going on here?
>>
Death Proof
>>
File: 1447421507242.jpg (70 KB, 649x488) Image search: [Google]
1447421507242.jpg
70 KB, 649x488
>>71072788
uno farto @ 3:17
>>
File: daisysmile.jpg (37 KB, 399x387) Image search: [Google]
daisysmile.jpg
37 KB, 399x387
>>71072860
This
>>
>>71072788
Reservoir Dogs>Kill Bill 2>>>Kill Bill 1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Meme Fiction

Haven't seen any others. Almost saw H8ful in the theater but my friend said it's three hours long so I figured I'd wait until it's out.
>>
>>71072788
1. Jackie Brown
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Kill Bills

everything else is garbage.
>>
>>71072975
Yes
>>
>>71073448
Everything else is garbage, but you liked Kill Bill?
>>
>>71073099
the only truly authentic Tarantino moment

>ALL OF A SUDDAAAAAAHH
>>
Inglorious Basterds > Pulp Fiction > Kill Bill vol.1
Haven't seen the others
>>
>>71073483
its not bad. not saying its great either though.
>>
Pulp Fiction. It's literally the 4th best movie ever according to IMDb
>>
Reservoir Dogs.
>>
Whichever is shortest
>>
My Best Friend's Birthday (1988)
>>
Jackie Brown > Pulp Fiction > Inglorious Basterds > Resevoir Dogs = Kill Bill > Django >H8ful

Haven't seen Death Proof, but I'm told its his worst.
>>
>>71072788
I know it's a pretty standard answer, but Pulp Fiction is a classic.
>>
>>71072788
1. Django unchained
2. Reservoir dogs
3. H8ful
4. Pulp fiction
5. Jackie Brown
6. Kill Bill
7. Inglorious basterds

Power gap
8. Other
Power gap
9. Death proof
>>
File: white male.jpg (35 KB, 455x521) Image search: [Google]
white male.jpg
35 KB, 455x521
Have to say Basterds is my favorite and everything he put out in the 90s is right up there with it
>>
>>71073908
Should be in exact opposite order.
>>
Pulp Fiction
>>
>>71073908
Besides Inglourious being so low, I really like you.
>>
>>71074056
Then make your own damn list, don't fucking criticize mine
>>
>>71073734
well fuck yo mamma
>>
WHAT'S GOING ON HERE
>>
>>71074146
What's sad is inglorious basterds is a 8/10
>>
>>71074253
I actually have Death Proof at the bottom and it's still an 8/10 from me. I love that movie
>>
>>71073659
>according to imdb
>>
>>71074294
I think it's pretentious

All his other films are 10s and 9s but deathproof is a stinking turd 4
>>
>>71074187
fine

1. Death Proof
2. Other
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Kill Bill
5. Jackie Brown
6. Pulp Fiction
7. H8ful
8. Reservoir Dogs
9. Django Unchained
>>
>>71074366
I can understand that viewpoint. It's the only movie of his I don't watch with other people because I know they'll hate it.
Maybe I like it most for based Kurt.
>>
Res Dogs>h8teful>pulp>basterds>django

Haven't been able to get into the rest of his. Thoes are all pretty great tho
>>
>>71072788

Tarantino Ranking:

Good Tier
> Pulp Fiction
> Jackie Brown

Medium Tier:
> Reservoir Dogs
> Kill Bill
> Inglorious Basterds

Medicore Tier:
> The Hateful Eight

Shit Tier:
> Django Unchained
> Death Proof
>>
>>71074459
Kurt made up for everything by being spectacular in H8ful

But please go into detail about why you like deathproof
I personally find the women unrelatable and their "reservoir dog" dialogue pointless; at least the long dialogue in h8ful sets up stories like their past and or personalities for each character.

Kurts psychotic character has no weight or motif and there's never a moment I feel sympathetic for either the girls death

I also never feel angry and require justice towards Kurts actions
Death Proof is a long car ride I want to get out of
>>
>>71074691
>The Hateful Eight
> Mediocre

KYS
>>
>>71074691
>>71074568
>>71074450
Why is there so much hate for Django unchained?

Personally it's my favorite movie of all time, Predator used to hold that spot.

Django was the first movie that drew me in from the beginning and had me captivated until the big firework explosion ending. The protag gets his girl back and rides on horseback out in the distant while credits roll
I love the little homage to old timey westerns

Please tell me why you guys hate it without saying "race" "Tumblr" Reddit" "memes"
>>
>>71075000
I rank it at the bottom of Tarantino's filmography simply because I can't think of another film I'd rank below it. You can debate how interesting Django himself is as a character, and how the film got less interesting after Schultz dies, but the reason I rank it at the bottom is it's just his least "different" film. It felt safer than the rest of his work. That said, still one of the better mainstream films of 2012.
>>
>>71075359
I like it when he blew up Candys house and Samuels character gets what he deserves
It was a satisfying movie in my opinion

I will say 1 bad thing about the movie
The house shooting scene was too much. The amount of blood was stupid and pointless and everyone seemed to have infinite bullets until the end
>>
>>71074338
I think he was being ironic. I hope
>>
>>71075504
I actually don't really have any complaints about the action scenes. The house scene was so over the top it was funny, and a blast to see in a packed theater.

It's definitely a solid film, and I still rewatch it occasionally. Only compared to the rest of his work, it's not quite as great.
>>
>>71075000
Django had the problem of feeling very disjointed to me. The early half had a lot of levity through playing with the dynamic between Django and Schultz and their escapades as bounty hunters.

But then suddenly it's a really serious gritty thing contained entirely within the confines of one building and all the humor just evaporates.

It felt kind of like a jarring transition and then the ending of the film is just an overly protracted and gory shooting sequence after another.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
>No one even mentioning 4 Rooms

kek I'm surrounded by fucking plebs
>>
>>71075737
>No one even mentioning Tarantino's one scene in Sin City
>>
>>71073440
based post
>>
>>71074810
I thought the conversations between the women were interesting and kept me entertained.

>Kurts psychotic character has no weight or motif and there's never a moment I feel sympathetic for either the girls death

Maybe not for the first batch girl deaths, but I felt more connected with the 2nd batch (not too emotional, I was kind of rooting for them). I was more interested in seeing Kurt's psychotic character react when he's in pursuit of a kill. I love when he gets shot and the tables finally turn on him, not because I'm rooting for the girls, but because I love seeing that change in character for Stuntman Mike.
>>
>>71072788
Tarantino doesn't make films.

Tarantino makes flicks.
>>
>>71075879
Not him but I agree. Also the car chases were amazingly filmed and really consistent with lighting, which I found impressive.

I'm actually surprised how well it's done considering the genre it's trying to parody.
>>
>>71075000
Tarantino's history is boring and cliched. It's just modern sensibilities plastered onto the time period he is portraying. The explosions and the manner of speaking is often weird and disjointed.

Now, Tarantino works much better in the post-WWII world. His ways of thinking are totally modern and born from the world created by the US in its post-WWII policies. There's nothing wrong with that. It just makes everything outside of that period seem disjointed, weird, and clumsy.

The set design for Django as well as the costumes were, however, well done. It was aesthetically pleasing in that sense.

I haven't seen Hateful Eight yet, so no comment on that.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.