[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't he just run sideways or in any unpredictable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: rickon.jpg (116 KB, 1012x747) Image search: [Google]
rickon.jpg
116 KB, 1012x747
Why didn't he just run sideways or in any unpredictable way?

Fucking faggot, I'm glad he's dead.
>>
go to bed, Jon
>>
>>71072557

because ramsay is le magic archer
>>
The kid is meant to be like 10. Fucker was already a dumb shit being a furry with Shaggydog in the forest and was raised for 2/5ths of his life by a wildling. Can't blame the poor kid for not knowing how to properly avoid arrow fire.
>>
>>71072557
Because he thought he lived in a universe where arrows had a maximum range and weren't just less accurate guns.
>>
>>71074041
I should say realistic maximum range. I know guns also have a maximum range.
>>
He's a kid and I doubt he even knew he was being shot at until he kicked one.
>>
>>71072557
He should have learned from Prometheus.
>>
>>71074078

He can't know about gun's range they weren't invented yet you cocknugget.
>>
File: 1466389425524.jpg (48 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1466389425524.jpg
48 KB, 620x349
>>71072557
>>
>>71072557

edginess aside, did anyone really give a shit about rickon? apart from being a stark, what did he do except pout and follow bran around?
>>
>>71072557
It was a lets make all males look like idiots episode and put women large and in charge. Rikon had to go.
>>
>>71074204
>the edge
>>
>>71072557
There are 62 GoT threads right now, and this is the second time this same thread has been created in the last few hours.

I have nothing to contribute to the thread, I would just like to tell you to go and fuck yourself on behalf of /tv/.

Either cancer or a paid shill; either way, fuck you.
>>
>>71074274
>g-get off muh board
>>
>>71074274

There's always one whiner who doesn't know how to use the catalog. It's the fucking /tv/ board. Of course there are going to be lots of threads about the biggest show on television.
>>
>>71074229

no edge bruh, honestly curious. what did rickon add to the story? what did he do that endeared him to anyone watching?
>>
>>71074443
dont cut yourself with those edges
>>
He was a Stark and Starks are retarded, Jon suffers from the same handicap.

Meanwhile rape is confirmed as character development, because I swear Ramsay fucked some sense into Sansa.
>>
Because he needed to die so John could do his suicide charge and sansa could save the day and ensure everyone knows that all men are stupid and women know best.
>>
>>71074543
>Sansa
>Sense
No, Littlefinger, I don't want your stupid army because you let that monster do butt things to me. It is the worst fate one could ever possibly suffer. You can fuck right off. I'll get help from house Mazin.

>Several episodes later
Yeah, Littlefinger. I was wrong. Please help us. I'm not going to tell Jon though. I think it would be better to just let thousands of men die needlessly.
>>
>>71074709
Well, even if she did Jon would've pulled that dumbfuck moment. At least she had the sense to dispatch Ramsay in a gruesome way.
>>
Running in a straight line is what you're supposed to do, retards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpNU3WumPFQ
>>
Is this literally the most useless/pointless character in the history of fiction? RIP Rickon who never did a single thing of note and is remembered by no one
>>
>>71074443
Don't listen to that faggot, Rikon was absolutely useless in the show.
>>
>>71074857
>guns
>bows

One projectile is faster than the other,
>>
>>71074930
By that logic it's even better to run in a straight line against arrows.
>>
>>71074857
That's when you are under gunfire you idiot. When someone shoots a longbow where the arrow will be shot high in the air and hit you with several seconds of delay, you can in fact avoid it by running sideways after the arrow is being shot. An archer can't predict where you are going to run several seconds in advance, unless you keep running in a straight line.
>>
>>71075144
>When someone shoots a longbow where the arrow will be shot high in the air and hit you with several seconds of delay, you can in fact avoid it by running sideways

This is literally gibberish. Arrows fired in that manner simply aren't accurate enough. The primary factor governing the risk to you is how close you are to the bowman. The closer you are, the greater the risk. The quicker you get far away, the better. Straight line it is. In Rickon's case, he has no idea when the arrows are fired and where they're aiming, so zig-zagging is just a waste of time.

Zig-zagging could be effective within point-blank range, but only because it might prevent the archer getting a useable shot, not because you're zig-zagging Neo tap-dancing through the arrows, man.
>>
>>71075144
The precision needed for hitting someone with an arrow while they're running away is almost impossible. You can't predict where an arrow is fired from a fucking longbow if you're running in the opposite direction of it.

Piss off, dumb ass.
>>
>>71075103
Are you stupid? From the distance Ramsay was shooting, Rickon had at least 5 seconds to react each time an arrow was fired. The archer has to estimate where you will be in 5 seconds and the only way to do that is to predict you keep running in the same line. The moment the arrow is fired, if you do something unpredictable like stop running or run to the side, it would completely mess up where the archer expects you would be when the arrow finally hits.
>>
>>71072557
Ramsay is a bad ass motherfucker, he was gonna kill Rickon no matter what, if Rickon went side to side or something Ramsay would have just made all of his archers fire at once

there was no way Rickon was gonna live
>>
Do people really think Ramsay would have let Jon get Rickon, even if Jon had gotten to him in time Ramsay would have gotten every archer to fire like he did in the end.
>>
>>71075315
You can't tell when a fucking arrow is fired. Unfortunately the GoT masses and DnD believe longbows are medieval marksmen weapons when in actuality it's hard as shit to die from an arrow.
>>
>it's a /tv/ pretends they know shit about dodging arrows episode
Most of you fat fucks wouldn't have made it half as far as Rickon did anyway.
>>
File: latest[1].png (742 KB, 1028x754) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
742 KB, 1028x754
Why didn't he just run backwards with his arms in front of his chest and face?

Why didn't Jon just wait until Rickon was some distance off Ramsey, then charge with his archers until the halfway point and shoot Ramsey's army from there?

Why didn't he just ask Melisandre for a shadow puppet to kill Ramsey?
>>
>>71075315
>it would completely mess up where the archer expects you would be when the arrow finally hits.

And since, at that distance, the kind of accuracy you're delusionally babbling about is literally impossible, all you're doing is spending more time within the range the arrows can reach, therefore increasing the danger to yourself.
>>
>>71075278
Are you retarded? Yes, it's nearly impossible, but that has nothing to do with the argument at hand because clearly in the GoT universe it isn't impossible and thus the only way to do it is if you predict the fleeing person to keep running in the same line. The point being, Rickon could in fact have survived if he had use an unpredictable running pannern to throw off Ramsay's only way of aiming at him.
>>
>>71075256
>in Rickon's case, he has no idea when the arrows are fired and where they're aiming, so zig-zagging is just a waste of time.

dude you are fucking retarded just stop posting, arrows have a travel time and changing your running speed or your angle in relation to him will make him miss if he is shooting to hit you at your previous speed and direction. Its basic game theory you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>71072557
nah man I wish he'd stuck around for a couple of seasons to be mute and eat nuts
>>
Why Rickon not just teleport behind? Nuthin' personal Ramsey.
>>
>>71072557
Most pointless character ever.
>>
File: 1440357912273.png (129 KB, 278x282) Image search: [Google]
1440357912273.png
129 KB, 278x282
>>71075426
>Yes, it's nearly impossible, but that has nothing to do with the argument at hand because clearly in the GoT universe it isn't impossible

Top fucking kek.

Nice talking to you, lad.
>>
>>71075588
Fat white willies.
>>
Let's ask the real questions here.

Would RamRam have gotten along with Mad Joff?
>>
>>71075450
>arrows have a travel time

Yes. But Rickon does not have access to that information, because he does not know when each individual is fired. He furthermore does not know where any arrow is headed.

And you're right, your position is basic game theory. Mine is advanced game theory (well, really intermediate but it's not like you know the fucking difference amirite?). I am applying the indifference principle to argue that since he has no knowledge of the arrows' positions, speeds or trajectories at any one time, he has no reason at any one moment to prefer any one point on the field along a line bisecting a line between Ramsay, Rickon and Rickon's destination.

You don't understand what I've just said because you don't understand what you're talking about. I do. Listen to me.

If you need a different way to think about it, go back and rewatch the scene. Note that many of Ramsay's arrows fall wide as well as short or long. So imagine if Rickon were zig-zagging merrily away, and one of those arrows that went wide is about to miss, and then he zigs into it and dies, like a tit. Given that he has no information about the arrows, he is every bit as likely to do that as he is to dodge an arrow.
>>
>>71072557
psh, why didn't he just catch the arrows before they hit him? baka.
>>
File: shit lol.jpg (79 KB, 605x744) Image search: [Google]
shit lol.jpg
79 KB, 605x744
>>71075713
>roasted
>>
>>71075713
he actually does have access to that information faggot, since he is actually being shot at.

at time codes 34:39 you see him flinch when an arrow falls close to him. And again at 35:18 one lands right fucking in front of him. He is able to tell about when the arrows lands, and timing of the shots are the most important element as you have stated. It WOULD increase his chances by varying speed and direction because he does have some information to make dodging decisions based on the timing of the arrow falls.

you sound like a complete faggot though, entire discussion doesnt matter because he should have made a bee line toward the cover of the burning men.
>>
>>71076747
>he should have made a bee line toward the cover of the burning men

This.
>>
>>71076747
>at time codes 34:39 you see him flinch when an arrow falls close to him. And again at 35:18 one lands right fucking in front of him. He is able to tell about when the arrows lands, and timing of the shots are the most important element as you have stated.

No. Even assuming the time between Ramsay's shots is perfectly uniform, unless you think Rickon is Rain Man and capable of mentally calculating the increased amount of time to allow for the arrows to travel as he gets further and further away, this is just pure nonsense.

>he should have made a bee line toward the cover of the burning men

Well he certainly shouldn't have fucking zig-zagged there.
>>
File: 1451956626917.gif (1002 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1451956626917.gif
1002 KB, 250x251
Why didn't he just hide behind one of the burning flayed man pits while Jon came to him?
>>
>>71072557
Ramsey would have killed him anyway. And it would have seemed silly and it reduced the tension in the moment
>>
MAYBE THE LITTLE POOFTER SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN CAPTURED IN THE FIRST PLACE
>>
>>71076944
you are arguing that he has no information about the arrows which is just not fucking true. He has some idea of when the next arrow is coming it doesnt have to be perfect, just enough to give him an edge. which gives an edge to changing direction and speed vs straight line. Indifference only works if he HAS NO INFORMATION.
>>
File: 1465010781678.png (84 KB, 245x316) Image search: [Google]
1465010781678.png
84 KB, 245x316
>>71076747
>>71077273
You're actually a goddamn retard, you know that?
>>
>>71076961
that what I thought
>>
File: I4RMfZZ.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2893) Image search: [Google]
I4RMfZZ.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2893
>>71072557
>>
File: 1456295944899.gif (474 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
1456295944899.gif
474 KB, 188x174
>>71072557
I wanted to suck his cocklet and fuck Bran's boipucci
>>
>>71077319
Kill yourself nigger, your argument that he has no reason to prefer a point vs any other is wrong
>>
>>71075713
oh shit nigger
>>
>>71077273
>He has some idea of when the next arrow is coming it doesnt have to be perfect

OK. This absolutely is not true, but we'll pretend it is.

Where will the arrow land?
>>
>>71077375

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71077402
Well two people have perfectly explained it to you how running in a zigzag fashion is even more dangerous considering Rikon doesn't know when an arrow is fired (how could he?) and he could just zig-zag right into one.

He's running AWAY from Ramsey, he has absolutely no idea when an arrow is fired because it barely makes a sound. Did I mention Rikon doesn't know when an arrow is fired?
>>
>>71077375
Delete this
>>
Rickon deserved death when he named his direwolf ShaggyDog

fuck that
>>
More stupid fucking writing from the idiots that brought you bad pussy, ninja Arya, and the terminator waif.
>>
>>71076944

You are assuming that Ramsays arrows are randomly distributed. They are not.

All that intelligence and you are still a stupid fucking faggot.
>>
Ramsay is the best marksman in all of westeros, there was no escape
>>
>>71077619
>You are assuming that Ramsays arrows are randomly distributed. They are not.

What do you think you mean by this? I want to hear it.
>>
File: dfw good sir.png (266 KB, 475x430) Image search: [Google]
dfw good sir.png
266 KB, 475x430
>>71077619
>implying Ramsays arrows don't follow a Poisson distribution
>>
Because he's just a little kid, he doesn't know what the fuck he's supposed to do when arrows are flying at him, so he just runs.
>>
>>71077619
They'll follow some function of a Poisson distribution, unless I'm wrong in some of my assumptions.

This doesn't matter, because my point is epistemic, considered from Rickon's point of view, not statistical, from a bird's-eye point of view. I am uninterested in where Ramsay's arrows will land, I'm interested in demonstrating that Rickon has no information about it.
>>
>I'm interested in demonstrating that Rickon has no information about it

Nah, like you said earlier the dude thinks Rikon is fucking Rain Man.
>>
>>71077687
>Poisson distribution
>>71077745
>Poisson distribution

Pinecone a best.
>>
Rickon is 5 years old (yes), he couldn't think of it.
>>
The retard should've just turned around and ran backwards once he first noticed the arrows being shot at him so he could see where the arrows where heading while still getting away

I'm guessing Ramsay would've just got his archers to mass fire tho
>>
>>71077854
Is Ramsay like 3 feet tall?
>>
File: dfw no.png (121 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
dfw no.png
121 KB, 250x310
>>71077813
>Pinecone a best.
>>
young, terrified, desperate to get to Jon. I don't know if I would be thinking clearly in that situation myself. would probably have thrown in a couple of unpredictable rolls and turns myself. once I was far enough. Zig zag would have made him an easy enough target too surely?
>>
>>71072557
>You get to play an off-screen character who dies!! Isn't that awesome, kiddo?
>>
>>71077745
he does have information though, the timing of the arrows. That is not no information, you dont have to be the fucking rain man to think "oh shit an arrow just landed, next one is probably coming soon i should try to throw off his aim or something". He would have to be a rain man to think "well according to the indifference principle because i have NO information (not true) on when the next arrow is coming running in a straight line is just as good as turning 90 degrees and running to the left"

>Nah, like you said earlier the dude thinks Rikon is fucking Rain Man.
it wouldn't have to be perfect, just enough to give him an edge
>>
The funny thing is that if he zigzag'd the first arrow would've hit him
>>
pointless character
>>
>>71078320
>he does have information though, the timing of the arrows
>>71077470
>OK. This absolutely is not true, but we'll pretend it is.
>Where will the arrow land?
>>
>>71078320
Again, you're a complete fucking half-wit.
>>
>>71078364
you do realize that in order to hit a moving target you have to aim where he will be, not where he currently is. If bran correctly guessed when the next arrow was coming, if he just stopped, ramsey would over shoot his position by a significant margin
>>
>>71078473
fucking explain to me why i am wrong then faggot, i have given a good enough reason why bran had some idea of arrow timings, therefore the indifference principle used to justify running in a straight line is a faulty premise.
>>
>>71072557
the fuck kind of name is rickon anyway. fuck him
>>
>>71078495
>If bran correctly guessed when the next arrow was coming

And what if he incorrectly guesses, and gets rekt by an arrow that would have missed him had he just run?
>>
Why didn't Jon just pick up Rickon and take him to the Red Woman?
>>
>>71078495
>bran
>>
>>71078623
>Rickon dies
>Jon leaves
>Comes back to the front line with a newly revived Rickon on his shoulder
>Ramsay loses his shit and charges
>>
>>71078623

Why didn't Sansa just tell Jon that the Veil was coming to help, but that she didn't trust Littlefinger?
>>
>>71078534
>more time in the field zig-zagging = more opportunities to get killed

You keep saying he knows when each and every arrow is fired and when it's going to land. Why? How in the fuck could he possibly know either? I seriously don't know how someone can be this stupid, but this show is for gullible retards.
>>
>>71078731
Because she would have to tell him that she talked with Little Finger and she had already lied about it. This is a woman's logic so it fits.
>>
>>71078731
>the Veil
>>71078495
>bran
>>71078495
>bran
>>
Why didn't the eagles just save him?
>>
>>71079273
Jokes aside I heard from Tolkienfags that the Eagles opposed helping them take the ring to Mordor. Weren't they at the council in Rivendell?
>>
all you fags saying he could have zigged into an arrow are retarded.

He didn't change direction at all and it got him killed because Ramsey could much more easily aim.

No one is saying that he should have been changing direction every half a second.

Literally all he would have had to do was change the degree to which he was running every 5 seconds or so and run straight in that direction.

run straight for 5-10 seconds
run 5 seconds ~20deg to the left
straight 5 seconds
run ~20deg left again 5 seconds
straight 5 seconds
right 40deg 10 seconds
straight 5 seconds
left 5 seconds

This would make him infinitely more hard to hit because of how Ramsey has to shoot than running in a straight line and he wouldn't have covered much less distance than just running straight.
>>
>>71075713
Disregarding all the reasons you are wrong and need to learn how game theory works, this is a really long winded and bullshit way to say he should have looked over his shoulder as he ran.

You people treat it like it's fucking rocket science.

http://www.gohunt.com/read/how-far-is-too-far-archery

It wasn't a longbow, it was recurve. 80 yards on a good day with modern advances in archery, while assuming the arrow still has penetration power left in it. Let's say ramsay can shoot 100 yards because muh medieval.
If you can't see an arrow on a clear day flying at you from a specific position within 100 yards, you are fucking blind. Never take up football. The flight time in the show is clearly inaccurate, but if you go by it there is more than enough time to move while the arrow is in flight.

Rickon is shit. Deal with it.
>>
File: AS-Logo-Main.png (23 KB, 350x116) Image search: [Google]
AS-Logo-Main.png
23 KB, 350x116
>>71079590
You tried, that's all that matters.
>>
>>71079590
>This would make him infinitely more hard to hit

No, it wouldn't. You're thinking about this in terms of aiming point-blank (and even then you are not correct in the reasoning). Ramsay is just 'aiming' as best he can in Rickon's general direction, it makes no particular difference to him if Rickon is spazzing around zig-zagging like that. The only difference it makes is that Rickon spends more time within range and thus increases his chances of being hit.
>>
>>71078759
WHAT THE FUCK

i am not saying he will know 100% when the next arrow is coming, but he does have some idea of WHEN he will be aiming at him with the next arrow because he saw the last arrow hit the ground in front of him, given that at 200ish yards arrows have about 2-4 second second travel time. Ultimately you would have to run simulations and have the variables accounted for to get an optimal escape route but to say that at no time should rickon varied his escape path is fucking retarded. Yeah zig zagging proabably wont help him at extreme ranges when escaping effective range would have been more optimal. But when he was closer like he was dodging and rolling and shit is a good idea 9/10 because it disrupts the archers aim, yeah he could still be unlucky, but i really do think he would have an edge if he did. Fighter pilots certainly dodge and roll and shit, and they dont know when then next burst is coming just like rickon.
>>
Bros whos' the best shota in got, Bran, Rickon or Tommen?
>>
File: 1464838315407.jpg (72 KB, 384x356) Image search: [Google]
1464838315407.jpg
72 KB, 384x356
>>71079733
>The flight time in the show is clearly inaccurate, but if you go by it there is more than enough time to move while the arrow is in flight.
>>
>>71077491
the entire point of serpentine is to avoid fire you can't see coming through random movements, its always been luck. Yeah, you can zag into one, but you know what? You can run straight into one too. Eratic movement makes it harder to aim and reduces shots to luck, period. You don't even need to test this in real life, go play literally any video game with a projectile weapon.
>>
>>71079750
Did you even watch the episode?

Ramsey would not have have let rickon go if he wasn't sure he could kill him

His first arrows he was literally not looking when he shot, you see him look away before he releases the arrow. This is to get them in the general vicinity.

Then when he sees him getting close to jon he actually aims at Rickon
>>
File: 1431952895333.jpg (17 KB, 385x387) Image search: [Google]
1431952895333.jpg
17 KB, 385x387
>>71079876
>You don't even need to test this in real life, go play literally any video game with a projectile weapon.

I'm absolutely done with you, faggot.
>>
File: ken and pete 1.png (1 MB, 1164x703) Image search: [Google]
ken and pete 1.png
1 MB, 1164x703
this is easily the most autistic thread i've read in years
>>
>>71079733
>like it's fucking rocket science.

It actually sort of is.

>he should have looked over his shoulder as he ran

Go and do this. Go and run as fast as you can and periodically look backwards and up while you do. Film the results and post them on YT when you get out of hospital.

> Let's say ramsay can shoot 100 yards because muh medieval.

Let's say you go back and watch the fucking scene. Literally don't reply again until you have.
>>
>>71080000
Have you never played a ball sport?
>>
>>71079750
>Ramsay is just 'aiming' as best he can

Yes.... aiming. Which means directing it at his location. Which means changing location increases the likely hood of missing, even randomly.

If ramsay had a blind fold and fired to completely random spots in a 90 degree field of view this argument would make sense, but he was aiming for rickards position. this isnt a computer simulation, jesus.
>>
>>71079876
I've been perfectly clear I'm talking about when we're beyond point-blank range.
>>
>>71079890
>His first arrows he was literally not looking when he shot

Exactly. Because he's too far away for his aim to be precise.

He hits when he hits because that's how drama works, not because he's fucking Bullseye.
>>
>>71080058
if someone is aiming at an object and loosing as best they can in the general area that object significantly changing position will make it harder to hit

Ramsey isn't just some fuck that picked up a bow randomly. He practices with it and has some skill.
>>
>>71080037
Yes, I have.

Go. Do it. Literally, as fast as you can, literally backwards and up, literally, over and over and over again until you've covered ~600 yards. Film the results.
>>
>>71079985
>even more autistic than the guy who cut off his own balls to "fuck the biological imperative."

Fucking redditors
>>
>>71080000
You sir, have never played football. That's on a 400 yard field by the way.

How do they intercept balls? They must be magic!

>Let's say you go back and watch the fucking scene. Literally don't reply again until you have.

I am using 100 yards to be generous and have a simple number. The farther he is, the easier to dodge. You don't want me to use a bigger number that correlates to the scene.
>>
>>71075713
RAMSEY MISSED THE FIRST SHOTS ON PURPOSE, HE EVEN LOOKS AWAY FOR ONE OF THE SHOTS YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>71080157
OK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJdvOSCil0
>>
>>71080157
You don't have to do it over and over just every 5 or 10 seconds

Anyway once he is far enough away that arrow flight time is up to 4 or 5 seconds he should be running backwards so he can read and react to Ramsey's arrows
>>
>>71080041
>increases the likely hood of missing, even randomly.

No, you still don't get it. 'Randomly' does nothing. We can expect that Ramsay's arrow will fall within some arbitrary ovoid radius around Rickon, but we don't know where within it it will fall. Because we have no information about where it will fall, moving 'randomly' doesn't change the probability that we'll be hit.

You really may as well be saying that swapping one raffle ticket for another changes the probability of winning.
>>
>>71080100
>Ramsey not trying and his arrows miss
>Suddenly he's actually trying and hits Rickon

They wanted you to know that he hit him on purpose and with skill that last arrow.

Ramsey just isn't dumb enough to let the true heir to Winterfell potentially escape because he can't trust his aim.

It's like when Edmure was shooting at Lord Tully's funeral pyre boat and kept missing and then the Blackfish takes the bow, checks the wind, and hits the boat first try.

It's because he has skill and is practiced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aviRWrUxHg
>>
>>71080270
Well that depends how big of an landing area it is
>>
>>71080270
>You really may as well be saying that swapping one raffle ticket for another changes the probability of winning.

There you go ladies and gentlemen, show's over. We're done here.

The rest of you can go be autistic on your own time.
>>
>>71080230
>shows guys who have practiced their entire lives running perhaps 50 yards to catch a ball

Yeah, no, this didn't work out for you mate. Try again.
>>
dat nigga looked 45 in the episode... they had to keep him 5 steps back from ramsey because he's a manlet lol
>>
>>71080270
>>71080327
The problem is that the shots aren't random and in 5 seconds you can run a pretty large distance away from the area that Ramsey is shooting towards.
>>
>>71080270
Except you leave the ovoid by changing trajectory. How fucking far off do you think his arrows land? They were literally right beside him when ramsay wasnt looking. No arrows were off by more than two feet.
>>
>>71080332
Kek why do you think running without falling over is so hard
>>
>>71074160
>not invented

In fact, they were physically and scientifically impossible to make in GooTchland.
>>
File: image.png (291 KB, 433x622) Image search: [Google]
image.png
291 KB, 433x622
>>71072557
A more credible and better storyline would've been if he learned a think or to from ms broomstick hobgoblin and ran backwards trusting in jobs hand and seeing the arrows getting fired.

Rock on would be given the dread for and grow into a cruel and angry leader who makes the Boltons look like nuns.

FUCKING
POTTERY!
>>
Even if Ramsay missed, or Rickon strafed; it wouldn't have mattered because they'd both be in range for a fucking volley.

That was the entire point you morons.
>>
>>71080367
>the shots aren't random

You're right, the shots are perfectly calculated by the writers for dramatic effect.
>>
File: Untitled.png (51 KB, 1508x805) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
51 KB, 1508x805
He absolutely should have taken evasive action. This is undebatable. Running in a straight line allows the archer to lead you effectively. Refer to image.
>>
>>71080396
because i'm a fat fucking slob that has never done anything physical in my life
>>
>>71080367
>The problem is that the shots aren't random

The fact that this is not a problem has been explained several different ways in the thread. I'm really done repeating myself.

>>71080382
>Except you leave the ovoid by changing trajectory.

And how do you know when to 'leave the ovoid' (which, by the way, you don't do, you're picturing way too small an area).

>>71080396
I don't think 'running without falling over' is hard. I think that running to save your life while 'just' looking back and up 'every five seconds or so' for ninety seconds or more is likely to leave you winded on the grass and wishing you'd just fucking run like any normal person would.

Again, if you don't believe me, I'm serious. Try it.
>>
>>71075713
The point in moving in zig zagging and changing patterns is to throw the archer off you fucking moron. You don't need to know when and where you're being shot from. It'd make the archer have to guess where you're going to be rather than know that you're going to be.
>>
File: 1457848189994.png (178 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457848189994.png
178 KB, 500x500
Why didn't he put up his magical plot shield and deflect the arrows like Jon?
>>
>>71072557
Why didn't Davos burn all the arrows with a solo on his flaming guitar?
>>
>>71080555
Again, zig-zagging in an evasive fashion leaves you open for more opportunities to get hit by an arrow. You have to cover much more distance, effectively rendering your actions moot when you also consider this: Rikon. Doesn't. Know. When. The. Arrows. Are. Being. Fired.
>>
>>71075404
Why didn't Jon ask Melisandre to revive Rickon?
Why didn't Davos ask Melisandre to revive Stannis?
Why didn't they construct catapults and ballistae?
>>
>>71080538
>you're picturing way too small an area
How so when every one of Ramsey's arrows landed within 0-5 feet away from Rickon.

Ramsey obviously has skill with the bow
>>
>>71080555
>The point in moving in zig zagging and changing patterns is to throw the archer off you fucking moron.

The archer cannot possibly aim within a given degree of accuracy at the distances involved. The technique you're describing can be effective within point-blank range AS I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR THE ENTIRE FUCKING THREAD.

We have reached the point where literally everybody in the thread who's disagreeing with me is clearly an actual literal fucking tard. Like, an actual fucking Downy or something.

>BUT BUT BUT DUDE, IF YOU'RE LIKE DODGING THE ARROWS THAT YOU CAN'T SEE AND DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY ARE OR WHEN THEY'RE BEING FIRED THEN DUDE, DUDE, YOU'LL MAKE THEM MISS.
>>
File: AqpFLv.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
AqpFLv.gif
1 MB, 320x180
Ricky should've zigzagged.
>>
>>71080478

I dunno. The episode has other major flaws.

Him not running at angles is pretty dumb but Ramsay has a billion levels in Arcane Archer and was standing beside his bow dudes. If he thought Rickon was getting away he'd probably have his archers all open fire and he'd be as dead any way.
>>
>>71080664
And it doesn't fucking matter, the archer cannot get a lead on you when you're running erratically, yes, you'll be in range longer but you stand much less of a chance to get fucking hit. Jesus christ I can't actually understand how you can be so dense.

Unless this is some epic troll.
>>
>>71080707
>The archer cannot possibly aim within a given degree of accuracy at the distances involved

You literally just watched Ramsey get every arrow within spitting distance of Rickon when he wasn't trying to hit him and as soon as he put effort into it make a direct hit.
>>
>>71080707
>Can't aim with accuracy
>Clearly misses on purpose at the distances

Don't be be a tard all your life.
>>
File: 1451440518193.gif (3 MB, 428x239) Image search: [Google]
1451440518193.gif
3 MB, 428x239
>>71072557
While it's a given that Rickon should have run in zig zags, he's just a stupid kid.

The real question is why Jon or Davos didn't use his running as a chance to charge forward and at least try to do something.

Also: so everyone's agreed that Sansa wanted Rickon dead right?
>>
>>71080538
Do you have experience running for your life or something?

You uncoordinated sack of shit
>>
>>71080750
>Jon reaches perfectly healthy Rickon
>both get mowed down in a volley

the only thing that saved Jon is that he charged forward before the volley fell
>>
File: almostenjoyingmyanger.jpg (59 KB, 606x508) Image search: [Google]
almostenjoyingmyanger.jpg
59 KB, 606x508
>>71080772
>>71080799
I literally just watched a Villain Sue kill a sad puppy to enrage the hero, yes. Tell me Rickon is "genre savvy", come on you unbelievable fucking faggots, say the fucking words.
>>
>>71080846
>the only thing that saved Jon is that he charged forward before the volley fell

Hmm so maybe he could have grabbed Rickon and still charged forward, then after the volley fell run back on his horse quickly outdistancing their range

It's like you don't even think
>>
>>71080826
I have extensive experience running, yes.

Wanna know how I know you don't?
>>
>>71079397
No they had nothing to do with the council.
>>
>>71080603
Better yet, he should have just kept running in spite of the arrow to get to Jon and drink some soup to recover.
>>
>>71080846
To be fair if Ramsey had any intelligence thats exactly what he would have done.
>>
>>71080772

His problem is that he's treating as game theory, like some massively abstract version of battleships or some shit.

He claims Rickon has no information but Rickon does have information, the information that a bow must be aimed and that it is harder to target an object which is varying direction and speed (this surely can not be disputed). He is also able to disrupt the information that Ramsay has.

There's no point in arguing.
>>
>>71080750
I seriously hope you're not the same guy telling me to "test this in a video game" and that physics works differently in GoT.

Christ.
>>
>>71080891
Because I'm able to run without falling?
>>
>>71080980
Man why the fuck would I bring up video games? They have no relevance in the slightest.
>>
>>71074857
they were doing a quick sprint from cover to cover to avoid a sniper, who has a scope and can fire a projectile at a speed that is well over the speed of sound

compare that to running away from an archer in a big, open field
>>
>>71080969
>He claims Rickon has no information but Rickon does have information, the information that a bow must be aimed and that it is harder to target an object which is varying direction and speed

You are, again, thinking about 'targeting' in a manner appropriate for point-blank aiming. This is not the appropriate range to think about, but if you don't understand why by now then you're just not paying attention, most likely. So yeah, there's no point arguing.

>>71081004
No, because you apparently think you could run 600 yards at full tilt while """"""just"""""" turning your head """"""back"""""" and """"""up"""""" """"""only"""""" every five seconds or so, without going arse over tip and utterly humiliating yourself before getting arrowed to death anyway because you've sprained your ankle at a minimum and can now only hobble.
>>
>>71079876
>>71075426
These posts smell like you desu famalam.
>>
File: DIRECTM16.gif (34 KB, 540x273) Image search: [Google]
DIRECTM16.gif
34 KB, 540x273
>>71080397
I reckon you could. Imagine I was teleported to GoT land and was given lots of Lannister resources for firearms development.

Id need a pipe and some gunpowder, Im sure they have gunpowder in those days, they must.

Id say its fairly impossible to make anything more advanced than one of those pirate ship cannnons though.

pic not really related.
>>
>>71081100
i must be much more athletic than you then because i dont find running without falling all that difficult
>>
>>71072557
He has no character buildup. He's good as dead.
>>
>>71081124
(((You)))>>71081065
>>
>>71081124
>desu famalam

Well you're a shitposter anyway, what's the point of even attempting to reason out simple logic to you?
>>
i came here to troll but then i realized the muh game theory guy was actually retarded and had no idea about the limitations of game theory
>>
>>71081190
>should have made a B-Line to the flayed crosses

Why didn't he zig-zag there? :^)
>>
File: 1453099192103.png (509 KB, 511x531) Image search: [Google]
1453099192103.png
509 KB, 511x531
>this thread
>>
>>71081190
there are a few different people arguing for the zig zag position, i was the original guy and left the thread for awhile
>>
tl;dr he should have zig zagged
>>
>>71080397
If captain kirk can invent a gun using random wood and ores he found on a deserted planet while an alien monster was trying to kill him anyone can.
>>
>>71081357
this desu famicoms, straight line fags btfo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKVgF2hA0Q8
>>
>>71080664
You have clearly never used a bow or gun and are dribbling absolute shit you fucking moron
>>
>>71074204
Shaggydog was cool, I liked how he was portrayed as much more nasty and violent than the other direwolfs, but then the show killed him along Summer because they where too expensive. Also, what the fuck happened with Ghost?
>>
>>71081765
I was in the Army, if you run in a zig-zagging evasive maneuver you're going to get killed. I've used both bows and guns.

I never shot an arrow at a person running away zig-zagging like some fucking autist though, tell me how that went for you? You missed him didn't you?
>>
>>71081842
Guns are completely different you shit, it's like you don't even read posts or are merely pretending.
>>
>>71081357
+++
>>
>>71077375
this needs more love
>>
>>71072557
Why didn't he just waited for Jon behind some of the stakes with burning dudes? Those looked like some nice cover.
>>
>Shitty million year old bows
>Accurate after 5 meters

top kek
>>
>>71081889
What? What do you mean they're different?

They're the same thing.
>>
>>71081842
Ayy you've probably boxed too?
Boxers also move back in straight lines because changing angles doesn't throw off opponents eye and aim at all, same as archery
>>
If Ramsay is so accurate, why didn't he shoot Jon as well?
>>
Zigzagging is superior due to the fact that arrows take time to hit their target at a distance.

So lets say Ramsey was aiming as best he could to hit Rickon at a predicted future point in his current path. Uh oh Rickon didn't fucking go to that point Ramsey was aiming for because hes zigzagging/being evasive and unpredictable.

Wow. Is this really that hard to understand for mister autismo-9000 arguing that it is stupid to be evasive rather than predictable? My theory: he's just trolling.
>>
>>71074041
From wikipedia

>The range of the medieval weapon is not accurately known, with much depending on both the power of the bow and the type of arrow. It has been suggested that a flight arrow of a professional archer of Edward III's time would reach 400 yd (370 m)[25] but the longest mark shot at on the London practice ground of Finsbury Fields in the 16th century was 345 yd (315 m).[26] In 1542, Henry VIII set a minimum practice range for adults using flight arrows of 220 yd (200 m); ranges below this had to be shot with heavy arrows.[27] Modern experiments broadly concur with these historical ranges. A 667 N (150 lbf) Mary Rose replica longbow was able to shoot a 53.6 g (1.89 oz) arrow 328 m (359 yd) and a 95.9 g (3.38 oz) a distance of 249.9 m (273.3 yd).[28] In 2012, Joe Gibbs shot a 2.25 oz (64 g) livery arrow 292 yd (267 m) with a 170 lbf yew bow.[29] The effective combat range of longbowmen was generally lower than what could be achieved on the practice range as sustained shooting was tiring and the rigors of campaigning would sap soldiers' strength.

The first at the beginning of the campaign is pretty long ranged. After that, the archers tire out and the range gets shorter and shorter.
Sounds like the range and accuracy of these things was pretty good in skilled hands.

Compare to how I shoot at my local range.

With a modern rifle, a 5x scope and not much training I can hit a 1 foot target at 200 yards maybe 80% of the time from a bench rest. That target is at the very far end of the public range.

Let me reiterate. Their minimum practice distance for longbow, is equal to maximum distance at which the casual hunting rifle fudd of today thinks he can reliably hit the kill area on a deer.

>accuracy

They had more drop, and more wind drift was a bigger issue, but ultimately it comes down to the marksman and how good he is.
>>
I SAID THE SAME THING,JUST LIKE IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS YOU NEVER RUN AWAY IN A STRAIGHT LINE DAMN IDIOTIC
>>
File: KingintheNorth.jpg (95 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KingintheNorth.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1080
>>71072557
Because Michael Bolton was a master bowman and could compensate for his zig-zagging. Also Ricky Stark was panicked and just tried to run as fast as possible.
>>
>>71077375
DELET
I
S
>>
>>71082491
Do you know how fucking fast arrows can fly, even from a recurve bow? Leave it to the GoT spergs to think arrows are these dainty fluttering little leaves.
>>
>>71082511
Don't forget the projectile speed , it's much more difficult to lead a moving target with a bow than with a gun
>>
>>71082525

yes you do the enemy will expect you to dodge but if you keep going straight it will miss
>>
So you're just supposed to run in a straight line and hope for the best? Sounds fucking lame as fuck.
>>
>>71082602
looked like it was about 150-200 yards, modern compound bows carry that in about two seconds.
>>
>>71082607
My only point is that talking about inherent 'accuracy' in a bow is silly.

When we talk about accuracy today, we're talking about whethere the gun hits the same place repeatedly when you lock it in a vise and remove the human element.

Well a bow doesn't fucking work *without* the human element, period.
>>
>>71082602
Speed of a 9mm bullet shot from a small handgun: 1200 feet per second

Speed of an arrow shot from a modern compund bow: 340 feet per second.

Compared to a bullet arrows are slow as shit
>>
>>71082644
dont listen to this guy he is fucking retarded
>>
>>71082699
Compared to either, a human is slow as shit.
>>
>>71082718
ergo you should zig zag
>>
>>71082699
>>71082718
This you fucks. It doesn't matter, the speed on a recurve bow is insane, and a proper archer WILL tag you, especially running evasively in zig-zags. In the end you're only covering more ground, wasting time and giving the person more opportunities to hit you. The name of the game is called get out of the kill-zone in the most effective fashion possible.
>>
>>71082674
you could easily do just that with a properly built stand and a compound bow
>>
>>71082779
That's not how you conjugate 'ergo' to the second person.

ERGAS
And I don't disagree.
>>
better question

where the fuck did Jon find enough knights so his cavalry was evenly matched against the Boltons?

did the 62 proud men multiply over the night?
>>
>>71082815
maybe closer, but out past 200 yards with a two second travel time, if you know about when the next arrow is coming, you could give yourself an edge by disrupting his aim.
>>
>>71082602

I'm guessing shooting that recurve bow would give you a arrow speed between 150-200 feet per second, Rickon looked like he was at least 300-400 feet away from Ramsey when Ramsey finally decided to aim properly. I'd say 2 seconds is long enough to properly run far enough from Ramseys calculated predicted target area.

It's not as easy as just pointing a gun and killing your target in less than a second. You have to compensate for the amount of time to travel that arrow and the wind pushing your arrow off target, so if Rickon were to move in a unpredictable way I'd say that strategy is way more effective than just running in a straight line that is way more easy to predict.
>>
>>71082869
How could you possibly know when the next arrow is coming if you're not watching the guy shoot it off?
>>
>>71082815
>a proper archer

This is the most important part. He simply has to be GOOD.

And I doubt most were that good.

Ramsey might be, considering how much time he spends hunting.
>>
The world 'literally' was used 17 times in this thread thus far. And while I didn't read each post, I'm assuming each and every time the word was used incorrectly. I'd be fucking shocked as shit if there was a post in which it wasn't.

You're all illiterate.
>>
>>71077375
>filename not da bomb

Could have been top meme
>>
>>71082932

Would be difficult to zig-zag and look behind you at the same time.

And besides. All Ramsey has to do, is order a full volley, and then you're definitely dead.

Better to sprint for the limit of his range.
>>
>>71082699
Why didn't Jon use a gun to shot Rickon, though?
>>
>>71082815
Actually the speed of an english longbow is closer to 150-200 feet per second, a smaller recurve would have an even lower speed.
>>
>>71082992
if he ordered a volley you'd be dead regardless of if you ran straight or in a zig zag, lol
>>
I thought at first it was going to hit jon and rickon was gonna have to lead the battle
>>
>>71083021
It doesn't matter since it takes the average person can only run 26 feet every 7 seconds or so, and we're talking about Rikon.
>>
>>71083151
if we put his pace at an 8 minute mile, which i think is perfectly okay considering his pace with my calculations indicate he should have been about 300 yards away when he was hit give or take 5 yards.

now look at this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et23I9zneqk

300 yard shot is almost four seconds of travel time from a modern compound bow, since rickon saw the last arrow fall right next to him, if he started running in erractic directions for 4 second periods there would be no way for him to hit him accurately.

Again, rickon cannot do this, but he does know how long it takes for someone to knock an arrow and would have some idea of when it was coming because he saw the last arrow fired fall right in front of him, running in a straight line will guarantee ramsey an predictable firing area.
>>
Is this the most autistic thread on TV right now?
>>
>>71083046
This is the stupidest comment I have ever seen

Well done
>>
File: 1465844861456.png (153 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1465844861456.png
153 KB, 351x351
>>71072557
>>71074204
i didn't even remember that bitch existed, really
>>
>>71081622
at least this movie gets it right lmao
>>
>>71078623
pretty sure he got squished by 2 calvary charges colliding
>>
>>71079985
fucking morons if you tell me nigger
>>
>>71083659
the only moron here is you butt hurt faggot
>>
I hate this fucking scene because ramsay's whole plan is stupid. For it to work he HAD to hit him in the heart or in the head, anything else would allow jon to rescue rickon and ride out of range before they could fire one volley, and what's more he had to hit him from that distance while moving over uneven ground. If he didn't he'd have almost certainly lost the north to rickon eventually.
>>
>>71077375
>rickon is an ineligible reciever
>10 people on defense
>9 on offense
fuckin triggered
>>
File: 1465109538364.png (622 KB, 800x1600) Image search: [Google]
1465109538364.png
622 KB, 800x1600
>>71072557
He had to die to make way for the Lady of the North, her new husband SweetRobin and their claim to the Tully Riverlands.

Why are people against this?
>>
>>71083773
Implying ramsay didn't declare him

Ramsay = Manning
Jon = Brady

>Peyton fags btfo
>>
>>71083564

Still seems like it'd be worth a shot at least.
>>
File: yae.webm (386 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
yae.webm
386 KB, 640x640
>>71083369
>>
>>71083765
That was not a factor, idiot, he knew he was going to wreck the crows and the wildlings, he was merely toying with his food. The only gambit there were the eyrie knights teleporting right behind their defenses.
>>
>>71083344
>300 yards

That's 900 fucking feet.

Regardless an average person can only run up to 182 feet in the time it took Rikon to start running when Ramsay freed him.
>>
>>71083830
hes covered by the far left reciever
he literally can't be eligible in that formation
>>
File: cal.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cal.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>brief shot of CIA sitting on a horse smirking
>>
>>71072557

Running sideways wouldn't stop a master archer from putting you down you inexperienced idiot.
>>
>>71083874
I can only run 2 feet at a time.
>>
>>71078623

Why didn't the red woman just revive every soldier that died and the giant?
>>
>>71084110
Why didn't the red woman just take Frodo to mount doom?
>>
>>71082511

>Sounds like the range and accuracy of these things was pretty good in skilled hands.

>accuracy

no it wasnt. Not when it came to accurately hitting targets at least.

The Longbow was meant to be fired in volleys at roughly the same range, so if the commander would issue the order to shoot 200 yards all the experienced longbowmen would shoot it at around 200 yards and thats it.
They wouldnt have been able to hit a single moving target on purpose, nobody could do that.
>>
>>71074204
>had zero relevance to the story when he was on the show
>goes missing for years
>I'm meant to give a shit that he died
The episode was fucking retarded. These constant deaths of characters that have 0 character progression are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>71083874
He was running for 78 seconds, jogging speed is 8.2 miles per hour for the average human male or 12 feet per second 78*12=936 feet or close to 300 yards
>>
>>71083872

Shut up asshole, Jon had a good defensive position set up (supposedly) and probably better morale. Even if he won it would have been costly for him, and as for rickon it would have been easy for them to send him away with a team of riders, then who knows where the hell he'd end up or who'd support him, especially if jon and his officers ended up getting away too.
>>
The scene is probably only in the show because the writers watched too much LoTR,
and thought Legolas was a realistic depiction of medieval bowmen.
>>
>>71072557
Who cares he is the most worthless character on the show. I was suprised he lasted so long.
>>
The plot shield for Jon in that fight scene was insane. Name a fight scene that had someone that protected, not even Leonidas himself had that much plot armor on his side.
>>
File: hegone.png (409 KB, 738x426) Image search: [Google]
hegone.png
409 KB, 738x426
This thread actually has that many replies and little fucking sense, mostly tryhard intellyougents.

Rickon not zig-zagging and okay, right, that's an easy mark to complain about in terms of reality as an observer. But if you were ever in that situation in life, given the desperation, fear, and long unseen savior/relative hundreds of feet away, you would probably be single-mindedly running straight towards them as well.

There's a ton of better things to complain and mentally spearchuck at Game of Thrones than this, holy shit.
>>
>>71083765

Good thing Ramsay is a good archer then eh?
>>
>>71084273
Try 4-5 miles per hour for the average person.

We're talking about a little kid too, dingus. Even traditional recurve bows can reach upwards of 150 fps.
>>
Melisandre is probably gonna revive him
>>
>>71084368
>Le indifferent bystander man joins le conversation

Nice input fellow redditor, I'm glad you managed to enlighten the thread with the most stale, "what would you have done" opinion imaginable. UPBOATED
>>
>>71084470
he was running for his life and he looked to be about 13-15 years of age, i think he can manage an 8 minute mile pace for not even two minutes dont you? Unless he was a compete faggot which is also a possibility
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.