[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am i into /tv/ ? is it really exellent and not for everybody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: television.telerama.jpg (31 KB, 352x272) Image search: [Google]
television.telerama.jpg
31 KB, 352x272
What am i into /tv/ ?
is it really exellent and not for everybody ? or those imdb ratings and reviews were right about it ?
>>
>>71070871
it's fantastic tbhfam
>>
>>71070871
>What am i into
I don't know, what are you into? Films and/or television I would guess, seeing as you're posting here.
>>
what kind of haircut is that
>>
It's good. If you like Malick, you'll probably dig it.

It's not something you just turn on. Kind of takes a lot of concentration.

It's more like memories than a story, but I don't think the form is as unorthodox as people suggest.
>>
>>71070871
Good stuff. If you enjoy it be sure to watch Knight of Cups afterward.
>>
It's good if you're open minded about religion
>>
File: 0 ISB1U42PNcVCXKQc.jpg (43 KB, 360x472) Image search: [Google]
0 ISB1U42PNcVCXKQc.jpg
43 KB, 360x472
>>71070871
>>
>>71070871
I used to hate it
Then I saw Knight of Cups

Now I hate it just a little bit less knowing how much shitter it could have been
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lexxv-_yJpQ&list=PL4973F22D6EAA0A54
>>
pretentious garbage and cgi dinosaurs
>>
>>71074062
hi plebbit!
>>
>>71074062
What's pretentious about it?
>>
The overall plot of the film is growing up as a boy in America, with a variety of themes. It's the best and the last good film that Malick has made. "To the Wonder" and "Knight of Cups" try to expand upon the style and loose structure of "Tree of Life", but just end up being mostly pretentious and boring.
>>
>>71073268
>It's good if you're susceptible to bullshit
>>
>>71074775
That's not what I said anon
>>
File: james_quandt.jpg (67 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
james_quandt.jpg
67 KB, 300x400
>Will To the Wonder--or TO THE WONDER, as the film's end credits have it--finally dispel the aura of reverence that has settled over the cinema of Terrence Malick? The late creation of an artist can act as an alembic, concentrating and thereby heightening the qualities of his former work, Robert Bresson's L'Argent (1983) being only the most imposing example. And To the Wonder, like Andrei Tarkovsky's Nostalghia (1983) and The Sacrifice (1986) (both of which Malick has drawn from, particularly in 2011's Tree of Life), distills all that is intolerable in its maker's films. Ironically, To the Wonder is positioned as a departure, the first in Malick's oeuvre, aside from a few uneasy sequences in The Tree of Life, to be set in the present day. That apartness--Terry Does Contemporary--serves to reveal that Malick's stylistic traits, previously identified as auteurist signatures, appear too often tics and affectations. What Malick's disciples praise as his ambition and sincerity increasingly registers as feigned naivete, an untoward belief that his fervent romanticism can renew such exhausted tropes as a van Gogh field of sunflowers, a Milton tree of life, a Gauguin South Sea paradise. The unfortunate effect of To the Wonder is to cast a retrospective pall over the director's work, to underscore the tendency in his earlier films to banal symbolism, manufactured rapture, and middlebrow aestheticism.
>>
>>71070871
I can give myself a better haircut than that
>>
>>71074827
but I quoted you
>>
>>71074905
Good one man!!
>>
>>71074873
Malick wishes he was fit to eat the fleas off Tarkovsky's hairy back.
>>
>>71070871
Have you ever read the Book of Job? Did you understand its purpose? If so, you'll enjoy the film.
>>
>>71073254
Thanks, i'll keep that in mind
>>
>>71073147
Crewcut
>>
>>71073296
Reading this gave me goose bumps, i will defenetly watch it
>>
Watched it a while ago, and didn't really think that much of it. Going to rewatch it some day soon.
>>
>>71075128
Do you know how to read? The guy is saying both Malick and Tarkovsky made shit movies as they got old.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.