[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the message here? he got away with everything in the end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: OG.jpg (169 KB, 1773x1069) Image search: [Google]
OG.jpg
169 KB, 1773x1069
What was the message here?
he got away with everything in the end
>>
>>71067435
People don't change.
>>
I dont care what yall think but I personally felt physically sick at the sound of classical and violence, it reminded me that I was human and I should be repulsed by this shit and now I'm a fumbling idiot trying his hand at sincerity

and theres no message. he was "cured" and the powers that be guaranteed him a comfy life for his complacence.
>>
>>71067435
Always read the whole book when adapting a movie.
>>
>>71067435
everyone was an edgy teenager at one point
>>
>>71067435

Think the original source material has a redemption ending.
>>
>>71067435
That Kubrick couldn't be bothered to read the entirety of a book before adapting it
>>
> works of art have message

Hahaha
>>
>>71067634
To be fair to Kubrick, Burgess didn't blame him because the American version lacked the final chapter.
>>
>>71067587
It's not even really that, he gets older and gets tired of being a piece of shit. He doesn't really redeem himself or anything he just doesn't find the same satisfaction in it as he used to, basically the moral argument is that teenagers are kind of shit people, but most eventually get away from it relatively unscathed and grow out of doing shitty things if left to their own devices.
>>
>>71067435
It should be pretty obvious.

The moral is that people should be able to choose what they do, even if they choose to do wrong. It would be more humane to imprison or kill someone than to take away their will.
>>
In the last chapter Alex grows up when he meets Pete and his wife one night at some restaurant
>>
>>71067435
>uuuh the bad guy nid to pey for his crim or els this movi has no messg
>i hav 65 iq
>>
>>71067664
this p much
mb a protest against "rehabilitation" that hurts more than it helps...
>>
>>71067863
To add to this, you're subhuman if you think Alex did not pay for his crimes.
>>
File: zpRvDcv.jpg (70 KB, 702x1024) Image search: [Google]
zpRvDcv.jpg
70 KB, 702x1024
>>71067503
>he was cured
>>
>>71067773
Yeah, I know. It's still kinda dumb that it was left out of the American version in the first place and that Kubrick didn't look into it at all, because where the American version ends is pretty clearly not the end. I dunno, I really dig the movie as a whole, it's one of my favorites probably, but the last chapter is probably the most important part of the whole story in that it's a huge part of the social commentary Burgess was trying to make and wraps up Alex's character arc.
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjM0MTEyMzQ1NjEy.jpg (101 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjM0MTEyMzQ1NjEy.jpg
101 KB, 1200x1200
>>71067435
This guy gets to live in a cell nice than my apartment.

He killed 70 some odd kids and blew up a van near a government building that killed a few more people.

In REAL LIFE. He got 21 years in prison.

Europe doesn't believe in prison.
>>
>>71067435
>the message should be that Alex pays for his crime
>muuh good vs evil muuh black and white perception of things

idiot
>>
>>71068026
what happens in the final chapter?
>>
>>71068058
Conversely in 'Merica it's possible to spend your ENTIRE LIFE in prison for stealing a couple hundred dollars
>>
>>71067773
How do you make a movie, a huge costly project that takes a shit ton of time, and not do your research on one fucking book?
>>
>>71067634
Shut up King
>>
>>71068152
Are you defending him?
>>
>>71067773
The final chapter was shit.

Just a hamfisted message about how it's better to create than destroy.
>>
>>71068026
>>71068170
Not saying it's a great excuse, but none the less he wasn't aware.
>>71068123
this >>71068450
>>
>>71067435
They made him worse

Alex's love for music was one of his few redeeming qualities, and they twisted it for obedience. Even with the conditioning undone, he isn't quite the same person, and most likely never will be again.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.