[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who do you prefer? Keaton or Chaplin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: chaplin-and-keaton.jpg (279 KB, 1252x843) Image search: [Google]
chaplin-and-keaton.jpg
279 KB, 1252x843
Who do you prefer? Keaton or Chaplin?
>>
>>71064910
Never got into Chaplin, only saw The Kid, IIRC. Keaton is God-tier.
>>
>>71064910

Chaplin.

He created United artists, He wrote "Smile" and all the music in his films. Paid of lying whores for babies that weren't his. Trolled Hitler.

I like his films mostly because he plays the losers....he's not laughing at anyone or bullying a straight man. It's just the tramp who never gets the job, never gets the girl and gets ran out of town by the end.

>>71064939
My fav is City Light (Boxing scene on it's own is great) but also like The Circus for it's deconstruction of how chaplin saw his own fame and style of comedy.
>>
File: General1.webm (3 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
General1.webm
3 MB, 400x300
Keaton
>>
>>71064910
Keaton>>>>chaplin
>>
>>71064939

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwKAbkP0F6Q

wrote, directed, choreography, music. He was the grreat.
>>
>>71064910
Everyone forgets Buster Keaton.
>>
Hmm

The General is probably my favorite Keaton and Modern Times is probably my favorite Chaplin. I'll give Chaplin the upper hand because he was able to smoothly transition into sound film whereas Keaton was unable to. Keaton's silent films are god-tier though.
>>
my favorite chaplin scene

still hilarious to this day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1apYo6-Ow
>>
BTW if you love Keaton you might enjoy this documentary he made with the NFB in Canada about the making of The Railrodder. Doc is better than the film.
https://www.nfb.ca/film/buster_keaton_rides_again/
>>
Hitler.
>>
File: Chazza.jpg (111 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Chazza.jpg
111 KB, 1200x1200
I seem to be the only one here who just prefers Chaplin.

Buster to me is the Jackie Chan to Chaplin's Bruce Lee. Meaning Busters stunts/risk factor were amazing spectacles while Chaplin was deeper.
>>
tati
>>
>>71065558
>Jackie Chan
you man that guy that actually is a top tier acrobat that performs all his stunts?

>Bruce Lee
you mean that meme guy with the fabricated image of "legend of martial arts", who in real life didnt defeat a single real and relevant opponent?

jackie chan all the time, m8.
>>
https://youtu.be/HhA6cxtncgY?t=8

Title has it wrong. She wasn't in a Chaplin film...they were filming the premier of one of his films.
>>
>>71065706

I'm not shitting on Jackie. His stunt work is amazing.

But didn't Bruce create his own martial arts with it's own philosophy. Did he not start America's love of kung fu and teach Wing Chun?

Are all the stories of his real fights fake?

Anyways my point was Buster is style, Chaplin is substance.
>>
>>71064910
Chaplin, the guy was a renaissance genius with unparalleled success and fame. Wrote, directed, starred and composed the music for his movies. Trolled Hitler, gave McCarthy and Hoover the finger when they tried to paint him as a commie, had a bazillion kids, even made Brando dance around like a confused puppet when Chaplin directed him.
>>
>>71064910
I rewatched modern times recently and oh man,
he is not really a good actor shit is funny but so predictable.
>>
>>71064910
The Marx Brothers.
>>
My vote goes for Chaplin.
My favorite films of him are:
City Lights
The Gold Rush
Monsieur Verdoux
Modern Times
Limelight
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.