[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DONT HUG ME IM SCARED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
The final episode was released yesterday, now what was the story.

NOWS THE TIME!!!!
>>
>>71060467
I think this "show" is made for edgy 13 year old teenagers that like to read creepypastas and play yandere simulator. it tries way too fucking hard with the symbolism and it's just a huge mess.
>that homophobia episode
topkek 0/10 would purge
>>
File: image.png (565 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
565 KB, 1136x640
Sax Teacher is the best teacher.
>>
>>71060704
see
>>71060164
>>
>>71060467
What is this memery?
>>
>>71060760
now this i can agree on
>>
Reposting from last thread.

Looking back on this series, its pretty clear what the message or theme they’re trying to convey is. For those looking for a theory, here’s mine. It’s very long, but if you have the patience…(shrug)? At it’s core, this show has been about the corruptive and exploitative power of media, especially children’s media in showing them how to live their lives. This is why the videos are made as a puppet theatre children’s show, to emulate that innocent veneer that covers so much of the advertising and socialization directed at kids. Ultimately, this media negatively impacts the child’s life, feeding them toxic information during their formative years and warping their world view. Each episode represents something the children (Yellow green and red) lost at the hands of the domineering status quo perpetuated by their so called entertainment.

Episode 1: the first video’s teacher flirts with the idea of creativity, but says it should only be used in safe and pre-approved ways. It pulls them in, trying to appeal to their base interests. Then, when the children are allowed to go wild, they’re shown the cosmic horror of life unstructured and unbound by whatever rules keep society running. They are left with the message to never be creative again. The children come out losing their self confidence and their will to try new things for fear of the unknown and the unsafe. This shows an attempt to squash any free thinking or revolutionary ideas, keeping them from tainting the minds of young citizens.
>>
>>71062546

Episode 2: this teacher addresses the abstract concept of time, mostly limiting his explanation to the pragmatic use of it in domestic life. When pressed on the greater description of time as a big idea, he moves past their questions and continues to give them regimented instruction on their daily schedules. It ends with the horrible and aggressive truth that time will be their downfall in one way or other, so just don’t think about it. The children come out losing any hope for the future, or for the permanence of any happiness they hold onto. It is an attempt to dictate their lives all the way down to the minute with no questioning required. You don’t need to know how time works. You just need to be on time.

Episode 3: my favorite, where the teacher takes advantage of a moment of sensitivity in Yellow Guy to push and enforce a strict moral guideline with which to pursue happiness. First, he insists that the Yellow Guy’s feelings are a sign of loneliness, a condition (when it was really just an alarming incident that upset him). Then he claims to give him a solution, not supported by evidence, but by mob mentality. Religious undertones become overtones as, assuming he’s drunk the Koolaid, the group introduce Yellow Guy to more outlandish aspects of their beliefs and the once comforting words become menacing and overwhelming. The Yellow Guy comes out with a doubt of his own needs and wants that will help him achieve happiness. The video shows an attempt to control the moral compass guiding his life and dictating his allegiances. You must be happy the way we tell you to be happy. Love is what we say it is.
>>
>>71062588

Episode 4: the computer (beyond showing a reliance on unnecessary technology when he interrupts the perfectly good globe to answer a question he never answers) teaches the children to be impressed by the gimmicks and features of otherwise useless products. The computer serves no purpose other than self-congratulation, repeating how clever and advanced he is. He isn’t even the best computer in the room, but he still drags the three into his self-indulgent techno-scape, where he reveals that there is really nothing to him but a few paltry tricks. The children lose critical judgment of the consumables with which they are provided, even if they are objectively terrible. The only one not buying it is the Red Guy who transcends the exploitation of his childhood to enter adulthood. It’s here he can see the sham behind the whole production. He sees the world for what it is, and sees the edu-tainment as cheap, cynical, and mediocre at best. He escapes, but to where?
>>
>>71062634

Episode 5: almost done. As the hold on the children’s minds starts to falter, the songs become more slap-dashed and janky. In this one, the green bird starts to see the cracks in the facade as well, but doesn’t quite break the mold like Red Guy did. The primary lesson is on eating healthy, though the real message is to follow whatever guidelines are given to you regarding your own biology. The teachers frequently contradict themselves and create false consequences for any food they don’t approve of (which changes seemingly at random). There is no structure or basis to their claims, just loud aggressive demands (which may also be indicative of the Bird not falling for it, we see what he sees now). When the Bird doesn’t follow the rules and tries to break free of the cycle, he wakes up and sees what he has become. He didn’t get out in time. He is a cog in the machine, fuel for the continuation of this seemingly pointless endeavor. This is visualized by the Yellow Guy eventually being fed the Bird so that he can continue to be play into their game. The phone was their friend Red Guy, trying to wake them up. He gets through to the Bird just enough to break the illusion, but not soon enough for him to escape. Yellow Guy doesn’t pick up, because he’s in too deep now. He’s internalized so much of the lessons, he doesn’t want to risk whatever happened to the others. He is afraid and obedient.
>>
>>71062678

Episode 6: this one! Several arcs are going on here. The Yellow Guy, now alone and miserable, is haunted by the continuing voices and influences of the media around him. They won’t even let him sleep, and without fully waking up from the illusion, he is growing sick and tired of them. He just wants to be left alone, but the teachers are relentless. Red guy has escaped the cycle of childhood and his own manipulation. Unlike the Bird, he is able to achieve ‘success’ outside of that system. However, the world he’s entered is wrought from that same cycle. So, while there’s less singing and monsters battering him down, the monotony of structured adulthood leads him to grow fond of his days as a child, being talked down to and entertained. It was comforting. When he tries to bring some of the magic of childhood back, he is scorned and shamed by his peers. While they mock him, they enjoy complete bland mediocrity, enjoying nothing and reveling in their uninteresting identities. As Red Guy realizes his efforts to bring the simple joy of childhood into adulthood are in vain, he is brought back to that world of illusion, and he sees the machinations that controlled he and his friends. However, even when he’s behind the controls, he can do nothing to help Yellow Guy. The system is so broken and corrupted, that any action he takes just makes things worse. It shows how powerful the effects of media are and how deeply they entangle us. The reveal of Roy emphasizes the influence parents can have on knowingly corrupting their children for their own benefit. Roy doesn’t want the best for his son. He wants his son to do as he’s told, to be just like him, which it looks like he succeeds at in the end. When Red Guy finally pulls the plug, (cont.)
>>
>>71062718

cont.
it’s ripping the three out of that repeating nightmare of media manipulation. It shows them for who they really are (favorite colors) without the effects of the media. When you think they’ve finally moved on, the cycle begins anew. Perhaps it will be different, but something is still controlling them, no matter what they try to do about it. The beast must feed.

tldr: The corporate mindset of children’s media can be used to savagely manipulate kids into unhealthy and unhappy worldviews. It is interwoven with modern civilized society and represents a corruption of the human mind that is deep and inescapable. Good night.
>>
File: 1373381821728.jpg (17 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1373381821728.jpg
17 KB, 320x287
Finally, my own thoughts on the matter:

Perhaps the way the media present the world is completely falsified and not only serves a peculiar interest but is also ineffective when explaining the complexities of life itself. The song about loosing your friends fails to comfort and only serves to hurt Yellow more. Later on they try to tackle different subjects, such as sports but also much greater concepts like the universe.

Eventually the subject comes back to Red and his attempt at making a song about files. This shows his way of understanding the world and is also proven to be completely unfit. Because of that Red attempts to restart his way of thinking. He does it by shutting down the original machine responsible for shaping his mind but also going back in time. The "progress" he makes with that decision is represented by the calendar advancing and the characters represented by their favourite colour, something that stems from themselves at their youngest (and thus being the only objective truth they know).

Yet in the end, the programming starts anew, making this a never ending cycle.

Also:
>So, while there’s less singing and monsters battering him down, the monotony of structured adulthood leads him to grow fond of his days as a child, being talked down to and entertained. It was comforting. When he tries to bring some of the magic of childhood back, he is scorned and shamed by his peers

Yet the song through which he emulates that feeling of childhood is the same one we're equating with brainwashing (the 'creativity song'). There's also the fact that he's completely naked on stage.

Both of these could be a sign of attempting to revert back into his childhood state but I feel like there's something more to it, I just can't get a grasp on it.
>>
>>71062546
>>71062588
>>71062634
>>71062678
>>71062718
LOLDEEP
>>
File: 1462429368620s.jpg (7 KB, 250x196) Image search: [Google]
1462429368620s.jpg
7 KB, 250x196
>>71062754
I love the show but, damn, really, that's the message? Is shit like sesame street really doing the world more harm than good? I guess the absent parent angle is pretty powerful, but would those kids with absent parents NOT still be abandoned in a world without children's media or media in general? How do we know that they'd be better off without Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers to fill in and help shape their character into whatever?

I think a much better ending would have been to introduce genuine good-guy teacher puppet who the yellow boy refuses to trust because of his past experiences. The final implication being that his future will be a journey in undoing his conditioning from the bad, self-interest-acting teachers. Still pretty dark, but not black-and-white "THE WORLD IS EVIL AND YOU HAVE NO CHANCE FROM THE BEGINNING" hack bs.
>>
>>71062805

Moderately deep. I assume a seasoned 4Chan /TV/ redditor like yourself indulges in much more sophisticated media, but for us plebs this must suffice.

>I think a much better ending would have been to introduce genuine good-guy teacher puppet who the yellow boy refuses to trust because of his past experiences. The final implication being that his future will be a journey in undoing his conditioning from the bad, self-interest-acting teachers. Still pretty dark, but not black-and-white "THE WORLD IS EVIL AND YOU HAVE NO CHANCE FROM THE BEGINNING" hack bs.

It wouldn't have as much impact if it had a happy ending. Also, I don't think the creators had Sesame Street in mind when they made this.

Still, there's only no hope if things stay the way they did. Hoping for a mysterious redeemer to appear and save people from their own mistakes may doom everyone due to inaction.
>>
>>71063105
>>71062911

Meant to add your post in the middle, don't feel insulted.
>>
>The final episode

Where and when was this confirmed?
>>
File: Unamused Burly.png (218 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Unamused Burly.png
218 KB, 400x300
>>71062546

>(shrug)
>>
The way I see it, each character represents a different kind of fan.

Red Guy, is deep in it for a while until he realizes just how fake it all is. Like learning that Santa isn't real, it literally blows his mind. Meanwhile, he becomes an adult.

Duck Guy, is the fan who should have aged out but didn't and is trying to make sense of the weird shit around him. He's one of those deeplore/fantheorist types recognizing that things don't make sense while ignoring calls from the real world to leave. Ultimately, he's consumed by the world he loves so much.

Yellow Guy is the indiscriminate fan; the one who loves all of it just because. Like that friend of yours that loves Spider-Man and refuses to listen to any criticism about why it might suck; you know the type. He ends up being trapped by what he loves, like a manchild with too many toys, forever alone.

Meanwhile, to bring it back to Red Guy, he's out trying to make it in the real world and failing miserably. Instead of striking out and thinking creatively, he turns inward to what he knows and tries to take the reigns of the thing he loved in his childhood. Ultimately he's no good at it and he's left with pulling the plug and starting a new, shallower version of what came before, aka June 20th.

At least, that's my read.
>>
>>71062754
I just want to say thanks for taking my advice on the reply chain thing.
>>
love was the best episode
then time
then the rest
then the last
>>
More like Don't Watch Me I'm Shit.
>>
File: 3Li7E_H4Ck3R.gif (604 KB, 289x236) Image search: [Google]
3Li7E_H4Ck3R.gif
604 KB, 289x236
>>71060467
they were coded messages sent to me. basically the last one told me to get off the internet. big jew is real. hide your shit.
>>
>>71065886

This is the story of michael, the ugliest boy in town. Ugly and weak, they called him a freak
>>
>>71062754
Good posts anon, thank you.
>>
What's Roy's deal? He looks like white trash but he's actually the mastermind behind everything?
>>
File: Ok.jpg (16 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
Ok.jpg
16 KB, 300x218
>>71062546
>(shrug)?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.