[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone watch this series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (1023 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
1023 KB, 1000x1400
Did anyone watch this series?
>>
No, no one. You're definitely the first person on /tv/ to discover it and watch its latest episode, which was just released. Congratulations! You're unique and special and the only one with such amazingly diverse and offbeat tastes as to follow such a strange and rare series of YouTube(R) videos as this.
>>
>>71058479
It wasn't so good like the previous ones.
>>
Why is there a poster for it like if it was anything worthwhile and great lmao
>>
>>71058479

the ending felt weak, im waiting to read a good cohesive analysis of it that isnt "evil media! technology is evil! x y or z is evil!"

I think its the childhood experience just made a little darker and a little weirder, with nods to other pop culture.

It feels like Roy always "watching" and existing outside of the childrens world while sometimes visiting it, is kind of setting up Roy to be some kind of god to the world. He has a big machine that manipulates what the children hear and see and experience, like a father would.

Best theory I heard was that literally the whole series was the kids day. They woke up and got creative, they watched a kids show about time, went to have a picnic lunch and learned about love, spent some time on the computer, and ended with the final episode which was going to bed, and themed around dreams.

If I had to guess, Red is actually the main character of sorts. Yellow is too dumb, and the bird is dead.Red seems to be some degree of crazy,or something, he is the only one who "breaks free" from the world, and is able to see Roy is manipulating things.
>>
oh boy am i banned?
>>
>>71059758
>That youtube comments-tier "analysis"
Just awful
>>
>>71058479
yes, because i visit reddit every day
>>
The episode about love is my fav
>>
>>71059809

i spent about 3 minutes writing it,

so when you're essay is completed feel free to post it
>>
ITS NOT VERY GOOD
I DONT LIKE IT
>>
File: mew.jpg (34 KB, 758x725) Image search: [Google]
mew.jpg
34 KB, 758x725
Edgy shit trying to be clever.
>>
>>71059983
That shit cracked me up
Those fucking voices man
>>
>>71060073
Calling something """edgy""" because you're incapable of articulating why you dislike it is literally the most embarrassing thing
>>
It felt like a mixture between Wonder Showzen and a David Lynch project. I kind of enjoyed it but it's pretty obvious that there is not one single correct interpretation for it. Those whole theory videos about it made me cringe in some parts.
>>
>yfw hundreds of autists are right now writing in depth analysis of the series while the creators rack in the britbux because they thought of some really abstract fucked up shit and stuck it in videos for kicks

There is no story you retards, it's just supposed to be fucked up. It's made by a cheeky lad from London not M. Night Shyamalamadingdong
>>
The lack of catchy songs in the last two episodes really hurt the series.
>>
>>71060337
People trying to find some sort of abstract meaning are grasping at smoke. Even if it's meant to be there, it's so totally obscure that there can never be any consensus or definitive answers.

However, there is something resembling a plot. From what I've gathered, the world they live in is some sort of simulated reality created by Roy to contain/punish his son, yellow guy. That's about all I got
>>
>>71059758
>>71058479
Honestly, it seemed to me that the final episode could have been pandering to their youtube audience. I mean if you search for it there are a million MA THEORY EPISODE # videos. I was expecting another serious musical number at the very least.
>>
>>71059344
It's definitely miles ahead of any other youtube content, which should tell you a lot about the site's quality.
>>
File: 1463835503176.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
1463835503176.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
>>71058479
As usual, something great falls for the audience pandering meme and becomes absolute dog shit.
>>
>>71058479
No, the web series with millions of views per episode, not a single person here is one of those viewers
>>
>>71061324
>audience pandering

What? The audinces wanted clear answers and difinative conclusions. Just look at the comment section. They went crazier than anyone expected.
>>
I think the overall theme is about growing up and realizing the world is not the friendly and fun place you were taught. Then having kids in an attempt to reconnect with your youth and find meaning, thus starting the entire cycle over again.

Most of the specific details are irrelevant. The disturbing visuals and warped humor is just there to entertain and draw an audience.
>>
>>71060453
This is the only opinion ITT that is worth reading
>>
File: 1397165181913.jpg (75 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1397165181913.jpg
75 KB, 500x500
>>71061324
Absolutely this, fucking "" theorists""
>>
>>71060943
They also managed to raise £100k (like $145k) on kickstarter for episodes 3-6. How many YouTube series have a £20k per episode budget?
>>
>>71059344
it's okay that it confuses you. go back to watching schlock like BvS.
>>
>>71060524
also there is something about the date June 19.
>>
>>71059908
Is that you Chris Stuckmann?
>>
>>71061630
The series turned into some sort of self aware matrix plotline, giving us a big dramatic ending that no one was asking for. An ending that only the previous episode held any semblance of build up to.

DHMIS 5 and 6 should have just been separate entities with indirect storytelling like all the other episodes.
>>
I enjoyed the production quality, which was really high for youtube standards.

No idea what I was watching though.
>>
>>71061630
They stopped the fun songs when PRO YouTube Theorists caught on with some of the themes in the videos and tried to make sense of it in some convoluted overarching way.
>>
File: 1462429368620s.jpg (7 KB, 250x196) Image search: [Google]
1462429368620s.jpg
7 KB, 250x196
>>71059758
>im waiting to read a good cohesive analysis of it that isnt "evil media! technology is evil! x y or z is evil!"

there is a good one that was posted here last night but the show is exactly that, sorry. every episode is another way in which children's media manipulates the kids' young fertile minds and shapes them into drones. the last one is about adulthood being cold and dull in comparison and pining for those days again. Roy represents the father who has stepped back and let TV raise his child for him, with just enough input on his part to tweak the channel.

I love the show but, damn, really, that's the message? Is shit like sesame street really doing the world more harm than good? I guess the absent parent angle is pretty powerful, but would those kids with absent parents NOT still be abandoned in a world without children's media or media in general?

I'm with you on the black-and-white "such and such is evil!!" hack message. I think a much better ending would have been to introduce genuine good-guy teacher puppet who the yellow boy refuses to trust because of his past experiences. The final implication being that his future will be a journey in undoing his conditioning from the bad, self-interest-acting teachers.
>>
>>71058479
It has something of a "character development" now, which probably the worst way to continue the series. They should have sticked to subverting educative shows.
>>
>>71060453
The food song from the 5th episode was quite good but it was ruined by constant interruption from the duck waking up on a surgical bed.

The first few episodes benefited from having the catchy song take up most of the episode, starting off innocent and then getting weird by the end. In the last two episodes it's just gone straight to weird, though, and that's not served it well at all.
>>
The last episode sucked. Wasn't even a song which is the main reason to watch this youtube shit. If you watch this for some type of "mystery" or something else than you are literally a faggot and also go back to redit
>>
>>71062623
They've been baiting since episode one. Look at the easter eggs.
>>
>>71060073
sauce?
>>
>>71063910
10 cloverfield lane I believe
>>
>>71060164
assuming people are incapable of understanding something just because they don't have the same shit taste as you in more cringe to be honest. grow up.
>>
>that uninspired as fuck ending

Ahahahahahahaha
>>
>>71058479
Reds bit had nice quality and was neat but I expected something better than that ending
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.