[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you welcome a dark, gritty reboot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: th.jpg (15 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
15 KB, 300x230
Would you welcome a dark, gritty reboot?
>>
>>71053574

Probably, considering how much of a quippy smartass O'Neill was /tv/ probably hates him now.
>>
>>71053574
Already happened, it was called Stargate Universe

And no
>>
File: Matthew_Scott_SGU.jpg (29 KB, 277x394) Image search: [Google]
Matthew_Scott_SGU.jpg
29 KB, 277x394
There was nothing wrong with the tone of SGU. The only thing wrong with it was the focus on the most boring soap opera reject couple of all time. If Scott and or Chloe had died before the end of S1 the show would have vastly improved. You all know this to be true.
>>
>>71053898
I really fucking dislike Stargate Universe because of all the Teen Drama shit.
>>
>>71053574
Emmerich did a great job with the first Stargate so I have no doubt with him about the coming reboot.
>>
>>71054101
My main problem with it was like I said before, making Scott and Chloe the center of it all. They were so boring and it was just so fucking hamfisted they might as well have showed them saying it out loud,

>"Welp we're the two most attractive people on the ship. We must bone now."

Except for TJ and Young, the rest of the show relationships had a very organic quality to them, even if they did just kinda pop up out of nowhere like with Greer and Park.
>>
>>71053898
>Oh yes my mom has aids
>>
File: AnnoyedGlau.png (557 KB, 375x379) Image search: [Google]
AnnoyedGlau.png
557 KB, 375x379
>>71053898
Don't forget the worst example of "audience"-insert ever: Eli.

>fat lazy neet who manages to decode ancient shit that Daniel Jackson, McKay and Carter can't handle because deep down he's actually smart and as long as he applies himself he can do anything, just like his momma always told him
>oh also he gets a chance at the hot girls, because why not

God I hated that character.
>>
>>71053574
SGU is underrated.

Yes the drama, the stones and most of the first season is shit. But Rush is excellent as is the rivalry he had with Young. Season 2 was a lot better.
>>
>>71053574
>dark, gritty reboot
That'd work.
>>
Stargate Universe would have worked if it wasn't for the stones. Because of the stones they weren't isolated, betraying the premise of the pitch of the show that was in every ad, and it only added really retarded sex scenes(none of the three people involved should have liked to have sex using the stones), retarded clubbing scenes, and plot holes of why they wouldn't just bring in the science whizzes from the other shows to help fixing the ship.

Thanks to the stones the characters were actually less isolated than the Atlantis crew, for god's sake.
>>
>>71053574
Emmerich is doing it no matter what, he started the whole thing. I personally think the show is better than the movie was.

>>71053898
This show sucked dick.
>>
>>71054418
>"Welp we're the two most attractive people on the ship. We must bone now."
That was pretty realistic honestly, I'm glad they didn't go with Chloe and Eli hooking up. The pairing was still pretty dull though.
Nothing was as bad as TJ and Young, that was just disgusting
>>
Reboots and sequels are fucking shit, i want new shit, why are the fags writing this obessed with nostalgia
>>
Nope. Where is my not-so-serious Scifi?
>>
>>71054101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd23slMhWQU
>>
>>71056943
Right here.
>>
>>71057189
Already seen it. It's alright.
>>
>>71053898
And communication stone. Fuck them.
>>
File: Ayoda.png (2 MB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
Ayoda.png
2 MB, 740x740
>>71057509
>>71055765
>mfw the wives didn't have a problem with fucking their loved one in a stranger's body
>mfw the person wearing the stranger wasn't bothered with their wives being okay with fucking a stranger
>mfw the stranger didn't have a problem with being used as a fucktoy

Seriously, what the fuck.
>>
>>71057654
I think Eli was the only person to mention how fucking creepy it was and that was only after he saw his ginger-fu kissing Rush.
>>
>>71057654
>what the fuck
POV cuckolding.
>>
File: 1465480530247.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1465480530247.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>71057768
>ginger-fu
She was qt
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.