[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was running in a straight line also one of the rules?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9
File: rickon.jpg (301 KB, 1038x766) Image search: [Google]
rickon.jpg
301 KB, 1038x766
Was running in a straight line also one of the rules?
>>
It was apart of the plan.
>>
Was getting shot part of his plan?
>>
Why didn't Bran warg into Ramsay and flub the shot
>>
No one would fucking think of that in the moment, especially not a kid. Plus it would look ridiculous on tv. Fuck off with this meme.
>>
>>71050569
>no one would think of trying to avoid the arrow
>>
File: 711_3.jpg (207 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
711_3.jpg
207 KB, 728x409
>>71050287

While running zig zagged helps, human movement is still very predictable.

Your either going to do slower predictable turns as you run, or make dead stops when you make a more extreme change of direction making it a perfect time to get shot
>>
>>71050810
>3-5 second arrow flight time
>hard to avoid

fuck me you're a dumb cunt.

he could have literally stood in the middle of the field and stutter stepped the arrows. not only would he have looked like a baws, but the Bolton army would have laughed so hard Ramsay woulda started murdering his own men.

You'll never see Tormund giving Rickon an approving look.
>>
>>71050287
> Rolling Stone runs zigzag in Generation Kill (when they are in Baghdad compound)
everybody loughs, because it is idiotic to do
OP you are ridiculous.
>>
>>71051743
gee i wonder if it would be different if you were running from a bullet or an arrow.

i dont know. one for the physics department. definitely above my paygrade. couldn't even fathom an answer. nope, beyond me m8. trying to think but im just stumped. greatest minds of our generation would have trouble with this one no doubt!
>>
>>71050569
>especially not a kid
This meme is retarded. Children aren't as stupid as you think they are. Avoiding a single projectile that's in the air for more than an instant is a completely intuitive thing even a 6 year old would at least try to do.
>>
> why didn't character act perfectly logic
>>
>>71050554
For the same reason he won't save Salsa when CIA throws her out of his plane.

Anyone that dies from now on will die because Bran needs them dead.
>>
were we supposed to care about him? he literally hasn't said a single word since he showed up this season.
>>
Why doesn't Red Tits just bring him back?
>>
>>71051848
actually, with arrows it is even more important to run straight, because distance is even more of a decisive parameter. Arrows lose accuracy pretty fast, so getting distance is what you will want to do. After 50 meter you will be fairly save.
>>
>>71052023
He's cute in an ugly way
>>
It would have been easy to run in a fashion that makes him impossible to hit.

He also just could have looked up from time to time and avoided the arrow by seeing where it will land.

They should have just used the dogs for this scene. Let them chase after him. Would have made the scene much better
>>
>>71050569
Seriously? Maybe at first but I think pretty much anyone would see it as a good idea after seeing the first arrow fall beside them. At least turning around and looking to see if any arrows are flying every once and a while.
>>
>>71050810
See
>>71051609
>>
Was being brought back only to have 0 lines of dialogue and dying in his 2nd scene part of the rules too?
>>
>>71050287
it's a show. it was part of the plot, it was scripted. even if he did the zig zag run he would have died anyway. it was not the point of that scene.

also:
>epic battle approaching
>tension
>all this shitty season was built for this moment
>"but why is he not running zig zag?"
>mfw

is this a new meme or are you guys this stupid?
>>
>>71050349
well congratulations you got shot
>>
>>71050287
Was not marching your entire army forward forcing Ramsay to react part of the rules?
>>
>>71050810
an arrow takes time to reach its target
>>
Remember when killing characters in GoT was surprising and compelling rather than boring?
>>
He was panicked. Yes, he should've zigzagged, but it's not outside the logical realm that he didn't.
>>
>>71052138
this
>>
>>71050287
>/tv/ is being autistic and nitpicking once again

weeeeew there's no stopping you
>>
>>71051609
well in rickons defense im pretty sure hes supposed to be retarded
>>
>>71050287
This only happened because bows are still not banned! Ban bows!
>>
>>71052401
Not running in a straight line at a constant speed is so fucking obvious you should be able to think of it even when panicked
>>
>>71051609
>this is what a typical /tv/ denizen actually thinks would make for good TV
>>
>>71052075
>because distance is even more of a decisive parameter
Complete utter bullshit. Behaving in an entirely predictable manner is the worst thing you can do and moving unpredictably doesn't sacrifice that much time until you're safe.

>>71052324
>it was not the point of that scene
I can come up with a better scene on the fly, that would be believable and not require suspension of disbelief. The scene was terribly made and unrealistic, deal with it.
>>
>>71050569
Yes they would. It is obvious.
>>
>>71052324
Well if you could read, you would notice that nobody is against killing this character, because nobody cares about him.

But if you constanly throw in stupid shit and inconsistencies, it will add up and destroy any immersion you had left. It makes the "epic battle" a joke
>>
>>71052075
So what you're saying is that Ramsay just shot arrows hoping for the best?
I think the implication was that he is super 360noscope pro with a bow and wouldn't miss. Problem with that accuracy would be the relative easy of sidestepping an arrow if you'd bother to look behind.
>>
>>71052324
see
>>71052138
there were many ways to make this scene work
>>
I'm suprised Ramsay was even a good enough archer to hit him especially at the last second.
>>
>>71050287

SERPENTINE!!!
SERPENTINE!!!
>>
>>71052401
didnt all the stark kids get training in archery?
>>
>>71052372
>>71052169
>>71052138
>>71052075
>>71051915

amateur bow hunter here. i use a 70 pound compound bow that shoots in a straight line up to 50m. unless what im trying to hit is running in a straight line within 50-75m i have zero chance of hitting the thing, and this is with optics, arrow rests, trigger system and guides to help me. i also use carbon fibre arrows with plastic flights and machine balanced broadhead arrows.

what ramsay was using was a basic recurve bow, it couldn't have been more than 30 pound, maybe 40 if he was stronk and practiced a lot. his arrows would have been run of the mill wood with iron heads, they would weigh a shitload more than my arrows and go less distance.

what im saying here is that although im far from an expert at archery, and even though i have all the technology on my side, i could have shot that little faggot easily.

ramsay, and rickon also, were trained from the age they could stand to use bows, they understood how bows worked and how to use them. also Aisha trained rickon even more while they were on the run.

im being extremely autistic here but the fact of the matter is that Rickon coulda fucking ruined Ramsay's day by just keeping his head and running backwards.
>>
>>71052138
releasing dogs after him would have made the scene
>>
>>71052586
fucking lost it
>>
>>71052401
It isn't logically impossible, but zigzagging is immediately obvious. Not doing it was a stupid mistake.

That wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that D&D constantly rely on people acting incredibly stupid around certain characters, primarily Dany and Ramsay. It just happens too often to fly under the radar.
>>
>>71050287
>>71050287
This was really silly. For one, the distance where he was at would have been mostly luck to hit anything, and two, a bow isn't a silent weapon in the midst of that silence. You could literally just listen for the thwang and side step and be perfectly safe from any sort of accuracy, no need to zig zag.

But its a silly fantasy show and they needed to make Sansa right and Ramsey super tactical genius without any reprocussions who foresaw Jon charging, his men not literally losing their minds at the friendly casualties, a big human wall, and for an outdated shield wall and pike formation to actually work.

It was a stupid scene logically, but it looked good, and had interesting parts like Jon nearly fucking dying from being trampled.
>>
test
>>
>>71052586
SERPENTIIIINE
>>
>>71050287
what if he ran into an arrow?
>>
Why didn't Rickon just hide behind one of the Bolton X-men they had all over the field?
>>
>>71050569
The situation itself is already utterly fucking absurd. Rickon must know about archery, and most people would probably instinctively try to make themselves a more difficult target.
>>
>>71052169
>arrow fell beside him
>wow I better zigzag so the arrows falling beside me actually hit me
>>
>>71052743
he did. he died when he ran straight in line with one
>>
>>71052927
Clearly it would decrease the chance though. You'd have to be really fucking stupid to think "that arrow almost hit me, I should keep running straight in case I run into an arrow by accident".
>>
>>71052048
woah man,
like don't even
like seriously
>>
>>71052629
Yeah, I honestly expected a scene where playing this kind of stupid games finaly backfires for Ramsay and he gets ridiculed by a little boy. It seemed to me like they were even setting up a theme of loyalty in this episode and ramsays soldiers laughing at him would have made this stronger.

But no. the writers think we are stupid
>>
Barrel rolling would've made him invincible.
>>
>>71053014
With Ramsay's aim apparently being off, zigzagging or going straight was a gamble either way.

What he should have done was walk backwards after gaining that distance. He coulda seen Ramsay's arrows from a while off and been able to move out of the way as they hung in the air for a while.

Thena gain Ramsay would probably just order all his archers to fire once he saw that happening.
>>
If you opponent knows you are sgooting at him, is at a distance and has enough room to move freely, bow and arrows are absolutely useless. Might as well shoot yourself
>>
>>71053049
This would have been great. Rickon just stops out on the field and stands looking towards Ramsay, side-stepping each arrow easily.

Ramsay's army who already hate him start laughing at him, Ramsay starts killing people, a full out fight in his army starts, and Jon's army can just rush in and kill them in the chaos as all their ranks are broken.

But no, all that talk about how much Ramsay's army hates him just goes nowhere. Rickon dies because he's retarded, and we get a pretty standard battle (with good effects) between them.
>>
>>71053133
>guy didn't hit me
>should I move so he can get better aim or should I move in a way that would make it even harder for him to hit me
Also he almost reached Jon, when he got hit. If he would have ordered archers, he would've done it at that point. The only conclusion of this scene is, that the viewer is supposed to think Ramsay had complete control over the situation and everything went as planned. He even acts like he purposely missed in the first place. Which is just retarded overall.
>>
>>71052048
Something something Lord of light doesn't let her. You open a massive plothole when you have someone who can resurrect willy nilly.
>>
>>71053049
>But no. the writers think we are stupid
Well people are pretty stupid. The plebs are eating it up, most people defend this shit even here and the ratings are higher than ever even though the show is shittier than ever.
>>
File: beric.jpg (325 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
beric.jpg
325 KB, 1024x576
>>71053480

yeah i'd hate to have one of those
>>
>>71053480
>plothole
it really isnt. they established that she cant randomly resurrect anybody. it is still stupid, but by definition not a plothole
>>
So Jon's reason for survival was a divine force field or was that just plot armor?
>>
>>71053711
Both
>>
>>71050287
I know he was scared and shit, but wouldn't just anyone with half a brain run backwards in a serpentine pattern while holding their arms in front of their head and torso, protecting vital organs? Sure, it would take longer, but your survival ratio is higher than running like a bitch
>>
>>71053549
But it just really annoys me. It wasnt even rickon not zigzagging (maybe he really just panicked) it was the literal "saved by the cavalry" trope that resolved the scene. Like literally a textbook example of this. Thats just embarrassing. They set up this whole "we might not have the numbers, but we have better motivation to fight" shit, but in the end the numbers made it.
>>
RUN QUICKLY TO JON
RUQUICKTJON
RQUICKJON
RICKON
RICKON

Bran always wanted him dead
>>
didnt even remember who this faggot was desu
>>
>>71052048
She can only revive one at a time, baka. It's like when lady stoneheart was revived Beric died. Reviving Rickon would kill Jon
>>
>>71050287
He's no Jaguar Paw
>>
Sansa would have killed him either way. He was a lost cause from the moment she got it in her head that she wanted to be Queen in the North.
>>
lol OP. That is all i thought. i sort of like talked out loud as i was alone. felt bad but come on. the fuck arent you running around for
>>
File: 1400939132662.jpg (38 KB, 377x377) Image search: [Google]
1400939132662.jpg
38 KB, 377x377
>>71053868
>>
>>71050287
Rickon is an idiot, every action he took prior to this scene implied that he was of below average intellect. Also the guy has spent the past year (?) or so on the lam not learning anything since he was with an idiot wildling. Also also he's been Ramsey's captive for a decent amount of time at this point, kid was probably starved, tortured and nearly mind-broken ala Theon by this point in time so it's a wonder he actually ran at all.
>>
File: 1460368172899.png (194 KB, 474x400) Image search: [Google]
1460368172899.png
194 KB, 474x400
>>71053868
>>
>>71050810
but an arrow isn't a gun. he could have made it lol. but oh well. who cares about rickon.
>>
>>71052138
>They should have just used the dogs for this scene.

thats exactly what I thought was gonna happen

With arrows, straight away you think 'yeah its bullshit, he could miss from that distance'.
>>
I just imagined all the soldiers on both sides thinking "what the fuck are you doing you little faggot? oh shit, thats so hard to watch!"
>>
If he didn't Ramsey probably just would have shot Jon, who was riding in a straight line.
>>
>>71052324
It would have made a much better scene and display Ramsay's arrogance if he zig-zagged.

His men would be laughing at him for missing all the shots, then he either releases a bunch of hounds or an entire volley of arrows. It would still lead up to the same thing with more immersion and effect instead of having magic arrows and a stupid brat walking in a straight line.
>>
>>71052927
this right here proves that the scene is realistic. there are people out there, just like rickon who are this FUCKING STUPID
how the fuck are you people still alive?!
>>
>>71052324
>it doestn matter how a scene plays out as long as the outcome is the same
>>
>>71053992
Dogs don't instakill you though. If they didn't go for his throat Jon would have gotten to him in good time to save him.

It is established that Ramsay is a good archer, hunting humans and shit. Hitting an idiot kid on a flat field, running in a straight line is nothing to him.
>>
File: 1452689127856.jpg (82 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1452689127856.jpg
82 KB, 640x960
>>71054096
>>
>>71053868
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy my sides
>>
>>71054199
Could have dogged and had bow on stand-by.

Even better dog Rickon, then when Jon is trying to save him while he is getting mauled, shoot Jon and let dogs finish mucnhing out on Rickon.
>>
>>71054199
the thing that is off isn't ramsays ability to hit the shot or not, but rickons complete and absolute lack of knowledge of a how a bow works
>>
>>71050810
Fuck off, you retarded fuck and your unpopular opinion backed by pseudo-science.
It's an arrow, at that distance it would've been hard to hit if he was standing still, literally the most retarded thing would be to run in a predicable manner in a straight line, that way the shooter only has to adjust vertically and not horizontally.

Also:
>zig zagging
>stopping randomly and taking a quick peak at the shooter to see what he's doing
>throwing yourself onto a random direction when you feel he's going to shoot

If that was real life, at the distance he got hit at, you could literally walk backwards and not get hit if you ran sideways anytime he shot.
>>
jon could block arrows from a much shorter distance too

knowing when to pput the shield up
>>
literally should have moonwalked away
>>
>>71053610
>they established that she cant randomly resurrect anybody

She literally only ever tried once and it worked. So far it worked 100% of the time. Id fucking give a shot every now and then, just to see what happenes.
>>
>>71053846
They also went nowhere with the fact that most of Ramsay's troops don't want to fight/hate him. I mean he literally destroys his cavalry with friendly fire for absolutely no reason and proves to be a pretty retarded commander but his men still fight to the last in the keep.
>>
>>71050287
I came to post this.
Fucking idiot, bothers me more than LOTR Eagles
>>
>>71054915
Maybe you can get the first 5 - 10 but after that it would be chaos with people going every direction but a slow learner pinged them all with head-shots shooting from the hip.
>>
I think Ramsay would have called for a volley shot anyway if Rickon somehow decided to zigzag and was about to make it. It's not like he plays by the rules
>>
>>71050810
That's retarded, you can even run straight and then go left/right and fucking book it after you here the arrow being shot.
He could have literally ran backwards at 1/4th of the speed and have 5 seconds to see where the arrow went and easily avoid it
>>
>>71054915
yeah, exactly.
this had no payoff at all.
He should have won by being the peoples champion fighting against a hated tyrant. They even adressed a similar theme in the dany plotline
>>
>>71052138
I actually thought of this the moment I saw the rope, "oh he's gonna do the "you're free to go" and then just let the dogs go"
but nope, just retarded screenwriting yet again
>>71052629
this, it's so fucking stupid
>>
>>71054915
As someone who forgets a lot of shit between the 6 days when there's no GoT, I had completely forgotten they hate him. His troops seemed completely loyal at the fight.
>>
>>71050287
Did Ramsay hold the last shot on purpose?
Was he just toying with him and missing on purpose until the last second?
>>
>>71053846
>"saved by the cavalry"
how many times have they done this?
Blackwater, the battle at the Wall where Stannis arrives. I feel like it happens more than that.
>>
>>71050287
goodnight shotafu, even though he started aging really fucking bad at the end so thank god
>>
>>71052638
Would have made the eaten by his own dogs too tbqh
>>
>>71050287
If Jon camped at the same exact place that Stannis did, why didn't Ramsey just use 20 good men again?
>>
>>71055414
not as often as this:

>characters gets """surprisingly""" stabbed from behind
>most of the time the weapon come out of his face to make it extra shocking
>>
Ramsay would have just had all his archers shoot at him if he tried that. He was never getting out of there alive.
>>
>>71050287
I'd be zig zagging all over that fucking field.

Rickon is a retard. Good riddance. Would have tainted the bloodline had he procreated.
>>
>>71054760
I really am hate watching this show at this point
>>
>>71053049
Such a pitty... So much potential and they blew it completely. I hope the book treats this better

>>71053133
Yeah. And that would've been characteristic for Ramsay, it would fit his character and it would've further progressed the plotline of his own army turning against him.

Instead we get none in his army turning except his dogs. We get dogs. For fuck sake.
>>
>>71055659
yeah, no shit. because it is a show and the writers want him dead.

but make it more convincing and internaly consistent. this isnt a comedy show
>>
>>71053868
hahah
>>
>>71052399

The thing is, you can really only surprise people with character death once or twice in a given show, and even then only when it's not happening on every show. After a while, it becomes routine and wearisome rather than shocking. The trouble is, every show these days wants to shock people with major character deaths all the time, and so the audience just becomes desensitized to it.
>>
File: CiNGdu-WMAILFly.jpg (26 KB, 600x314) Image search: [Google]
CiNGdu-WMAILFly.jpg
26 KB, 600x314
>>71055454
The fuck ya talking about? He's a bae
>>
>>71055590
He sent ten of them after Sansa and Brienne killed them

The other ten were the flayed men in the field because in a deleted scene ten good men ran up on Jon's camp but they couldn't penetrate Davos' thinkshit walk and Ramsay was disappointed with their failure
>>
>>71055893
not if u kill the right characters and actually don't ressurect them.

The red wedding was a good example of this
>>
>>71052123
he was* cute
fixed
>>
>>71055353
he was rangefinding until the killshot.
>>
File: jaguarpaw.jpg (279 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jaguarpaw.jpg
279 KB, 1920x1080
>>71050287
Running zig zag didn't work when he did it so why the fuck would it work for Rickon?
>>
Is this just so that they could show what an 'epic' archer Ramsey was? He should have unleashed his dogs really
>>
>>71052324
he still could have died while zig zagging. If anything it would have made Ramsay look more badass
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.