[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: recall and robocop2.jpg (273 KB, 1058x800) Image search: [Google]
recall and robocop2.jpg
273 KB, 1058x800
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?
>>
Your pasta is getting pretty stale.
>>
File: stop it.jpg (311 KB, 1866x677) Image search: [Google]
stop it.jpg
311 KB, 1866x677
Why are you making this thread again? Were your questions not sufficiently answered then?
>>
It helps if the pasta made a point.

Both movies were panned universally.
>>
>>71046853
>where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?
It was right here, you stupid newfriend.
>>
>>71046853
The Robocop remake was so cancer it had a crowdmade competitor remake as a protest

https://vimeo.com/86014703
>>
>>71049074
>Both movies were panned universally.

Let's not go crazy here. They had lukewarm reception when they were announced and had lukewarm reviews at best.
>>
>>71046853
Were you even here when those movies released? People made hate threads every day, even more than ghostbusters
>>
Total Recall remake was pretty good
>>
>>71050827
You are objectively wrong and a bad person
>>
>>71046853
Are you an idiot? There was a big stink about those movies before they came out.
>>
>>71050827
Please consider killing yourself in the near future
>>
>>71046853
He's just gonna keep posting it until we absorb his opinion through our contrarian sphincters
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.