[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello guys. I've been caught up with school lately and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-8923296423031449113.jpg (402 KB, 1440x2368) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8923296423031449113.jpg
402 KB, 1440x2368
Hello guys.
I've been caught up with school lately and haven't been able to watch much. But I recently got a new girl in my life, one that watches a bit more TV than I have. She really wants to watch Game of Thrones and Mad Men with me, since I haven't seen them. I recently watched Jessica Jones on her recommendation when she was away on a trip, I thought it had a lot of problems and utterly paled in comparison to Daredevil. So, what am I in for with Game of Thrones and Mad Men?
Unrelated picture of her phone case.
>>
>girl
?????????????????????????????????????????
>>
Oh, and a local smaller cinema is playing Blue Velvet, which I also haven't seen yet.
>>71041663
Yes? It happens lol
>>
>>71041680
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>71041621
Game of Thrones is overhyped but an ok show.

Man Men is pure art of the highest form.

She seems to have ok taste. JJ was ok, Daredevil was much better.
>>
>>71041696
She really likes Wes Anderson films, the only one she doesn't like is Bottle Rocket. I watched it as well and wasn't too impressed.
>>
>>71041748
sounds like she'd be a fan of the films of wes anderson
>>
>>71041748
BR's cute but you can tell he's still trying to find his footing. He sticks it with Tenenbaums imo, and perfects it in Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest.
>>
>>71041820
Those are actually the only films I've seen of his. I thought Tenenbaums was great, a solid 8-9/10. I thought Grand Budapest was bit overhyped, and all about Ray Finnes, which is fine, movie was still great. Moonrise Kingdom was actually amazing though.
>>
>>71041621
Haven't seen either, but Mad Men's apparently fucking fantastic. From what I hear GoT is basically known as the "Favorite Characters Die" show, so I mean it has that going for it.

Plus that fucking kickass theme won't get out of my head.
>>
>>71041748
Wes Anderson films are pretty funny, the same way Coen brothers films are funny.

It's this sort of weird and subtle humor that makes them great (and even better on repeat viewings).

The cinematography is really neat and almost feels like a play.

You can't deny Wes is a rather unique filmmaker.

You didn't like Grand Budapest Hotel or Moonrise Kingdom? Those movies become much funnier on rewatches if you have the time.

My advise is to watch it with her if you haven't already. But if you find yourself not liking it on repeat viewings the humor just might not be for you, and that's ok, it's all a matter of taste. Wes isn't anything groundbreaking but if you like him, you'll ending up loving him. If you don't… well then he's just meh.
>>
>>71041874
I was partial to Darjeeling Limited myself. Life Aquatic didn't hit me as hard as I thought it would, despite the excellent ending.

Haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox.
>>
>>71041926
I also know about how amazing the show is, when I told her I thought Breaking Bad was substantially the best show I had ever seen, she assured me that because of Mad Men, "Life moves on after Breaking Bad."
>>71041954
I will take this into consideration. No, I meant I liked them both, I just thought Budapest was like a 7 but Moonrise Kingdom is like a 9.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.