[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best female character ever? Best female character ever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 20
Best female character ever?
Best female character ever.
>>
File: DaisyDomergue.png (406 KB, 854x314) Image search: [Google]
DaisyDomergue.png
406 KB, 854x314
close, but nah
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 192x263
>>
File: sansa search.png (236 KB, 837x961) Image search: [Google]
sansa search.png
236 KB, 837x961
>>
>>71040204
>woman who acts like a guy
Yeah, you might have some issues.
>>
>>71040475
wat
>>
File: amazing.jpg (159 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
amazing.jpg
159 KB, 618x412
>>
>>71040251
>>71040586
Yes and yes
>>
>>
File: Goodnight le prince.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight le prince.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>71040586
>you will never have an incredibly intelligent sociopathic wife that happens to be beautiful and would literally kill for you
>just don't cheat on her

Why live?
>>
File: Ellen_Ripley.png (1 MB, 1000x1249) Image search: [Google]
Ellen_Ripley.png
1 MB, 1000x1249
Not even close, OP.
>>
File: 1383214129503.jpg (49 KB, 440x572) Image search: [Google]
1383214129503.jpg
49 KB, 440x572
>>71040204
>>
>>71040810
imagine being the xenomorph
>>
File: 88 mph.jpg (42 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
88 mph.jpg
42 KB, 500x486
>>71040791
i know. shes literally perfect.
>>
>>71040791

You're an idiot if you think that's the only thing that would set off Amy's psychopathy.

She threw herself from the stairs in school and then later claimed a classmate of hers did it to her, just because said classmate was getting a bit more insight into Amy than she wanted.
>>
>>71040862
Literally all Ben Al-fleki had to do in Gone Girl to prevent Amy from doing all this shit to him was not cheat on her.
>>
>>71040862
..and?

im serious
>>
>>
File: 1325315.jpg (331 KB, 1408x1932) Image search: [Google]
1325315.jpg
331 KB, 1408x1932
>>
>>71040963
Shit flick
>>
>>71040204

>starts out by literally copying Dirk Benedict's mannerisms and delivery
>ends up a mary sue angel who's a better pilot than Apollo, a better leader than Adama, a better drinker than Tigh, a better navigator than Gaeta, a better shot than any of the Colonial Marines, a better...

Yeah, no.

Not even the best character in sci-fi TV. Amanda Tapping as Sam Carter has that one locked down.
>>
File: 1394693435647.jpg (21 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
1394693435647.jpg
21 KB, 500x247
>>
>>71040912
>>71040930

‘Let me tell you a story, one quick story. About three years ago, we were driving up to Massachusetts. It was awful, road-rage traffic, and this trucker flipped Amy off – she wouldn’t let him in – and then he zoomed up and cut her off. Nothing dangerous, but really scary for a second. You know those signs on the back of trucks: How Am I Driving? She had me call and give them the license plate. I thought that was the end of it. Two months later – two months later – I walked into our bedroom, and Amy was on the phone, repeating that license plate. She had a whole story: She was traveling with her two-year-old, and the driver had nearly run her off the road. She said it was her fourth call. She said she’d even researched the company’s routes so she could pick the correct highways for her fake near-accidents. She thought of everything. She was really proud. She was going to get that guy fired.’
>>
File: coonfu.png (329 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
coonfu.png
329 KB, 700x394
Agree to disagree, OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMtbEIuTm_s
>>
>>71040831
Imagine being her underwear
>>
>>71040204
She's good for the first few seasons, but then her constant edginess and attitude gets tiresome. Lee was a far better character.
>>
>>71041086
You just described the entire show.
>>
File: King Bunny.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
King Bunny.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>71041008
I'm a vindictive piece of shit too, so I'd be happy with her and probably encourage that behavior; just not with each other.
>>
>>71041120

‘A guy from our brother school, he meets us both at the fall dance, and the next day he calls me instead of Amy. Which I’m sure he did because Amy was too intimidating, but whatever … and then a few days later, our midterm grades come, and mine are slightly better, like, four-point-one versus four-point. And not long after, one of our friends, she invites me to spend Thanksgiving with her family. Me, not Amy. Again, I’m sure this was because Amy intimidated people. She wasn’t easy to be around, you felt all the time like you had to impress. But I can feel things change just a little. I can tell she’s really irritated, even though she doesn’t admit it.

‘Instead, she starts getting me to do things. I don’t realize it at the time, but she starts setting me up. She asks if she can color my hair the same blond as hers, because mine’s mousy, and it’ll look so nice a brighter shade. And she starts complaining about her parents. I mean she’s always complained about her parents, but now she really gets going on them – how they only love her as an idea and not really for who she is – so she says she wants to mess with her parents. She has me start prank-calling her house, telling her parents I’m the new Amazing Amy. We’d take the train into New York some weekends, and she’d tell me to stand outside their house – one time she had me run up to her mom and tell her I was going to get rid of Amy and be her new Amy or some crap like that.’

‘And you did it?’

‘It was just dumb stuff girls do. Back before cell phones and cyber-bullying. A way to kill time. We did prank stuff like that all the time, just dumb stuff. Try to one-up each other on how daring and freaky we could be.’‘Then what?’
>>
>>71041190

‘Then what?’

‘Then she starts distancing herself. She gets cold. And I think – I think that she doesn’t like me anymore. Girls at school start looking at me funny. I’m shut out of the cool circle. Fine. But then one day I’m called into the principal’s office. Amy has had a horrible accident – twisted ankle, fractured arm, cracked ribs. Amy has fallen down this long set of stairs, and she says it was me who pushed her. Hold on. ‘Go back downstairs now. Go. Down. Stairs. Goooo downstairs. Sorry, I’m back. Never have kids. So Amy said you pushed her?’

‘Yeah, because I was craaaazy. I was obsessed with her, and I wanted to be Suzy, and then being Suzy wasn’t enough – I had to be Amy. And she had all this evidence that she’d had me create over the past few months. Her parents, obviously, had seen me lurking around the house. I theoretically accosted her mom. My hair dyed blond and the clothes I’d bought that matched Amy’s – clothes I bought while shopping with her, but I couldn’t prove that. All her friends came in, explained how Amy for the past month had been so frightened of me. All this shit. I looked totally insane. Completely insane. Her parents got a restraining order on me. And I kept swearing it wasn’t me, but by then I was so miserable that I wanted to leave school anyway. So we didn’t fight the expulsion. I wanted to get away from her by that time. I mean, the girl cracked her own ribs. I was scared – this little fifteen-year-old, she’d pulled this off. Fooled friends, parents, teachers.’

‘And this was all because of a boy and some grades and a Thanksgiving invitation?’

‘About a month after I moved back to Memphis, I got a letter. It wasn’t signed, it was typed, but it was obviously Amy. It was a list of all the ways I’d let her down. Crazy stuff: Forgot to wait for me after English, twice. Forgot I am allergic to strawberries, twice.’
>>
File: atia.jpg (34 KB, 410x227) Image search: [Google]
atia.jpg
34 KB, 410x227
>>71040204
>inb4 muh misogyny
She was interesting to watch while being historically realistic for once.
>>
http://i.imgur.com/TmDN6Gp.jpg
>>
>>71041190
>>71041227

We get it, you read the book.
>>
>>71041227

‘Jesus.’

‘But I feel like the real reason wasn’t even on there.’

‘What was the real reason?’

‘I feel like Amy wanted people to believe she really was perfect. And as we got to be friends, I got to know her. And she wasn’t perfect. You know? She was brilliant and charming and all that, but she was also controlling and OCD and a drama queen and a bit of a liar. Which was fine by me. It just wasn’t fine by her. She got rid of me because I knew she wasn’t perfect. It made me wonder about you.’

‘About me? Why?’

‘Friends see most of each other’s flaws. Spouses see every awful last bit. If she punished a friend of a few months by throwing herself down a flight of stairs, what would she do to a man who was dumb enough to marry her?’
>>
>>71041190
If anything, you're just making me more sad that Amy isn't my wife. You are also implying that I'm some retard that doesn't know when he's being manipulated.

Are you getting these from the book?
>>
starbuck was more like one of the WORST ever
>>
>>71041253

I'm just showing you Amy is fucking crazy and the slightest thing could set her off.

>>71041257

>You are also implying that I'm some retard that doesn't know when he's being manipulated.

That's what everyone says.

>Are you getting these from the book?

Yes, it's from the book.
>>
>>71041234
ATIA OF THE JULII I CALL FOR JUSTICE
>>
File: mmm.png (2 MB, 1253x1013) Image search: [Google]
mmm.png
2 MB, 1253x1013
>>71041289
Honestly, you'd have to be pretty retarded to not realize that you're being manipulated.

Let me put it like this, most women manipulate simple minded men with something like sex. Whereas, Amy is able to manipulate those same men, or even more intelligent men, with love, compassion, and a sense of belonging.
>>
>>71041498

Oh shit, I'm sorry.
>>
>>71041541
Sorry for what? Our daddy told us not to be ashamed of our dicks.
>>
>>71041622

Especially since they're such good size and all.
>>
File: the-passion-of-joan-of-arc.jpg (151 KB, 1200x868) Image search: [Google]
the-passion-of-joan-of-arc.jpg
151 KB, 1200x868
>>71040204
>>
>>71040810
>>71040952
>>71040963
the 80's - 90's had perfectly fine female leads, as far as I can tell, feminism has only made them worse since then.
>>
>>71040204

>starbuck has a breakdown episode
>starbuck runs off on her own episode
>>
File: 1436008171950.jpg (41 KB, 629x631) Image search: [Google]
1436008171950.jpg
41 KB, 629x631
>>71041793

Yep.

> Linda Hamilton trained with former Israeli commando Uzi Gal and with personal trainer Anthony Cortes for three hours a day, six days a week for 13 weeks before filming. Under both, she trained intensely with weights and learned judo and heavy military training techniques. She had to maintain a demanding non-fat diet even during filming and lost 12 pounds. Because of this punishing regimen, she declined to reprise her role for "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines." Ironically, her identical twin sister Leslie Hamilton Gearren was only required to "hit the gym" for a few hours a week and the difference is visible in the two scenes they star in together.

And then you have the shit that is Emilia Clarke:

>Emilia Clarke didn't realise she'd have to do her own action scenes in Terminator Genisys.

>The 28-year-old actress portrays Sarah Connor in the latest instalment of the futuristic franchise and she admits that until she started filming, she had always assumed the most explosive movie footage was computer generated.

>She said: "I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but when you're watching an action movie and you're like, 'Oh cool, special effects.'

>"Then you're doing it and you're like, 'Oh. I actually run. I actually fire the guns and I run, brilliant, OK, I should probably get better at running.' I did a fair few of the stunts."
>>
File: Misery.jpg (421 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Misery.jpg
421 KB, 1280x720
>all those 90% eye candy 10% talent fuckbags
>>
>>71042150
piss off bitch thats why you were in adam sandler movies
>>
>>71042150
Agreed except for
>>71040251
>>71040952
>>71041700
>>
>>71042472
lel jodie foster
>>
>>71041234
Atia of the Julii is responsible for my chunky 40something fetish.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.