[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck? This was a pretty good movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 16
File: 1453036907190.png (1 MB, 1500x750) Image search: [Google]
1453036907190.png
1 MB, 1500x750
What the fuck? This was a pretty good movie.
>>
It wasn't though.
>>
>>71038471
The more you say this the more threads people who enjoyed the movie will make saying stuff like WTF this was a good movie.

You could be objective and accept that the movie was pretty fun and enjoyable. Instead you're being contrarian for no reason.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zlHDt8P8
>>
>>71038458
We know.
>>
The orc parts were pretty good.

The human parts weren't even TV movie tier. They were garbage. Ridiculously short scenes filled with exposition and with no real point. Constant traveling from one location to the next with no discernible motive. How many fucking times do you need to go back and forth to from Stormwind to Karazhan, or to the Dark Portal? What the fuck Duncan Jones?
>>
I went to see this with some family a few days ago. My mom and her husband loved it. It's a great summer movie. Critics can fuck off.
>>
i laughed at the murloc
>>
>>71038932
Normie tier.
>>
Why were they partying in Westfall?

Westfall is shit.
>>
I really liked it too. Everything with the orcs was cool, but the human scenes were shitty for the most part. Bad acting.
>>
File: 1458580303282.gif (2 MB, 150x173) Image search: [Google]
1458580303282.gif
2 MB, 150x173
>>71038815
A subtle twist on a tired meme
>>
Wish whoever was working on the orcs took half a minute to touch up the elves.

Elves made my eyes bleed.
>>
>>71038458
This was sort of a prequel to the games or something like that? I'm not too familiar with Warcraft but it pretty much looked the part.

It was still understandable tho and I for once am grateful that they didn't go full exposition about the world they are in, instead just letting us have some natural immersion.
>>
Overall a good movie. My greatest gripe, and objectively it was a bad gripe is that it was great for the Warcraft fans in terms of story telling. However, if you are just someone that wants to watch a fantasy movie or something, you can be lost, not knowing shit about the characters or the lore or anything since it gives constant nods to it.

However, even with that, I don't get the critics. This was the best video game movie, and overall an enjoyable movie with nice visuals all in itself. Hardly perfect, but nowhere near bad, either.

Also, good to see that Gul'dan pumps iron as well.
>>
File: 1466100069931.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466100069931.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
Yes yes, well done Durotan, well done Durotan-

HOWEVER
>>
>>71038932

That murloc was great. The movie needed more flavor moments like that. Felt like a Star Wars thing.

I wish this movie was just a hero's journey with the war as a backdrop. The WC1 characters aren't terribly interesting, they'd have been better off with their own characters. Could've had some other races in the mix that play off Warcraft's creative strengths.
>>
The performances of the actors that played the orcs were so good. The orc parts felt like a fantasy epic, and the human parts felt like a soap opera. I wish cgi humans looked better so the whole thing could have been cgi.
>>
>>71039530
They simplified it so much though. I feel sorry for people who can't actually follow the plot of such a simple movie.

Like yea you won't get who Mehdiv, Khadgar, llaine, Lothar, Variant are in future games but that shouldn't take away from the story.
>>
>>71039682
I went to watch this movie with my parents and I actually feared they would get lost with the plot. Luckily the movie was better than I expected and they had fun watching it. The movie was enjoyable overall, although I agree the orc parts were way better than the human ones.
>>
I agree, the orc parts were just amazing and you were really drawn into their emotion and story.

The humans however... meh
>>
>>71038458
Not as good as that paycheck, though.
>>
>>71038539
I'm not being contrarian, it was a piece of shit.
>>
Why do Orcs pierce their teeth? Feels like that would super hurt.

Like hit the nerve and shit.
>>
>>71039854
Everyone has different opinions, you can't force anyone to like it nor dislike it.

Atleast be respectful to those who did like it.
>>
File: Doroten.jpg (180 KB, 1415x1565) Image search: [Google]
Doroten.jpg
180 KB, 1415x1565
>>71039854

FUCK YOU
>>
File: orc teeth.png (812 KB, 504x667) Image search: [Google]
orc teeth.png
812 KB, 504x667
>>71039957
Basically, the crown is just filler.

Since they have bigger teeth than us and they stick out, it would be reasonable to show them off.

To answer your question, they pierce them to show off, and no it doesn't hurt if you pierce the crown of the teeth.
>>
>When Gul'dan cheated
>>
Movie was alright, loved every moment Gul'dan was on, though.
>>
>>71040120
Fucking shit without honor
>>
I burst out laughing at the celebration or whatever scene in the end when they suddenly cut to that old guy with glowing eyes and it looked so cheap and bad. There was a young man sitting next to me and he looked at me like I had personally insulted him. I hope I didn't ruin the experience for him
>>
I don't really agree that the human parts were shit. I was not too fond of the king character since he seemed more interested in doing anything but being a kid or being a submissive bitch to the totally not Ragnar. The queen was also bleh.

But Lothar was really fun, and Ragnar looked like he was having a blast with the role, Medivh was well cast. Khadgar was kind of bad, but it was the first movie of this type where casting magic did not seem retardedly bad. It was done well, and I could dig them tossing those spells around without looking cheesy as all fuck.

I actually had to go and check some things and was pleasantly surprised they even sodding cast that castellan guy in Kharazan that's the raid boss in the game.

I did not get the arcane rose thingy Medivh gives to Garona, though.
>>
>>71038458
If the entire movie was CGI it would have been a lot better.
>>
>>71040236
>I did not get the arcane rose thingy Medivh gives to Garona, though.
He was her father
In all honesty I know jackshit about the games' lore but because of the whole scene and conversation that was the first thing I thought
>>
>>71039957
It might be like a Rhino's tusk, it's probably just made of a substance like Keratin, which is what our fingernails are made of. Piercing it wouldn't hurt because it doesn't really have nerve endings.
>>
Why did Black Hand not just kill Lothar? Why bother challenging him to a one on one duel?

Why did Black Hand die so fucking easily?

Why did Gul'dan not have red eyes?

How did Garona learn human tongue so easily and quickly?

How did Khadgar not get consumed by Fel?

Why was Llane in Goldshire?

Why did Stormwind not get sacked?

Why did Gul'dan start getting so angry over the portal working?

Why did Gul'dan suddenly try killing all the Frostwolfers but then spare Ogrim?

Why was Ogrim a Frostwolf?
>>
>>71040514
HOWEVER
>>
>>71040514
>why was Llane in goldshire

that's where character interactions happen
>>
>>71040514
>Why did Black Hand not just kill Lothar? Why bother challenging him to a one on one duel?
More honor points

>Why did Black Hand die so fucking easily?
He was a big guy and too cocky and hyped up on fel

>Why did Gul'dan not have red eyes?
Because fel makes your eyes green in film lore

>How did Garona learn human tongue so easily and quickly?
There's a poorly portrayed timeskip

>How did Khadgar not get consumed by Fel?
Willpower

>Why was Llane in Goldshire?
RPing

>Why did Stormwind not get sacked?
Because it'll be the driving force for the 2nd movie

>Why did Gul'dan start getting so angry over the portal working?
What?

>Why did Gul'dan suddenly try killing all the Frostwolfers but then spare Ogrim?
They were rebelling, Orgrim ratted them out.

>Why was Ogrim a Frostwolf?
Easier for normies to follow, also sets up his quest to find Thrall in the 2nd movie
>>
>>71040351
In the games, isn't Medivh her lover? You're close.
>>
Garona is the SW bus.

As in everyone hops on that.
>>
>Why did Black Hand not just kill Lothar? Why bother challenging him to a one on one duel?

Wanted to kill the human strongest champion in a one on one duel to show superiority for orcs. You may have noticed that Blackhand has a woody for tradition.

>Why did Black Hand die so fucking easily?

Lothar said it himself. "They are stronger than us. Do not meet them head on. Fight smarter." Slicing someone from navel to asshole helped.

Fel energy, overtaken by the demonic power.

I'm guessing her mother taught her that before she died, though it's never explained. Also, pretty sure Garona is half orc, half dranaei in the game, but that might be one of of Metzen's later years insanity rants.

He's goddamn Khadgar, that's how.

It's the place to be if you live in Stormwind.

Artistic license I'm guessing. They did not follow the lore completely.

He got angry because he had to use a time frame while Sargeras was chanting to let the orcs come in and in the mean time he was getting his skull caved in by Durotan.

>Why did Gul'dan suddenly try killing all the Frostwolfers but then spare Ogrim?

Guessing he intended to make Orgrim into what he made Blackhand. Orgrim is like the greatest hero of the orcs in games until Thrall. He did some remarkable shit.

Too many clans for a single movie as it is.
>>
>>71040718
>What?

Gul'dan was pissed in the middle of his fight with Durotan when the gate suddenly opened. He was so mad that he just wanted the fight to end right there so he started cheating.
>>
>>71040907
Pretty sure it's Khadgar that's pounding that.
>>
>>71041143

He was pissed because Medivh was starting the incantation - and it was his job to start funneling in the souls to complete the spell, thus he cheated to kill Durotan quickly and open the portal.
>>
>>71041143
Alright so you seem to have missed some stuff, which is weird because the movie is pretty simple.

You remember when Khadgar was reading a secret book and doing research and shit? Then Mehdiv got mad and burned it all. But Khadgar had saved one last page, where he clearly explained that to open the portal the orcs had to be invited into Azeroth.

That means that someone in Azeroth had to do something to allow Gul'dan to open the gate.

Further into the movie when the gate is supposed to open a second time they explain this. They say that Mehdiv and Gul'dan have to chant at the same time to open it up.

So while Mehdiv was being controlled but FEL during his fight with Lothar and Khadgar (When they fight the golem and shit) Gul'dan was fighting Durotan.

The problem is that Gul'dan had a very small time window to also pronounce the incantation but since he was busy fighting he got a little angry.

Then since Durotan kept getting up because he could just do that all day, Gul'dan decided to cheat and use magic.

Is this clear to you now?
>>
>>71041143
>Gul'dan was pissed in the middle of his fight with Durotan when the gate suddenly opened. He was so mad that he just wanted the fight to end right there so he started cheating.

He wasn't pissed at the gate opening you fucking retard. He was anxious because when the chant started and the portal began to open, he realized he was pressed for time and wanted to end shit quickly so he could do his part and fully open the portal.
>>
Blizzard shills are rampant.
>>
The haters are too nitpicky

I had zero problem following the story. I was thoroughly entertained. All the characters motives made sense to me. I like the special effects. Spotting the easter eggs made me smile.

This movie was made fore me. I fucking enjoyed it. This movie is not for you, so fuck off.
>>
>>71041378
>They say that Mehdiv and Gul'dan have to chant at the same time to open it up.
Where? I never caught this part.
>>
>>71041671
Gul'Dan says it himself to Blackhand before being challenged by Durotan.
>>
>>71038539
>you're being contrarian
How is it contrarian to say that a video game flick that got terrible reviews is terrible?
>>
>>71041427
>I had zero problem following the story. I was thoroughly entertained. All the characters motives made sense to me. I like the special effects.
You sound like a mouthbreathing retard holy shit
>>
File: orgrim-high-res.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
orgrim-high-res.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1667
>>71038458
WHO'S READY TO SEE THE BATTLE OF CAPITAL CITY AND DOOMHAMMER'S GREATEST DEFEAT EVER?
>>
So many people saying there was a fucking Meeting stone in it

I watched the TC rip 2 times I saw fucking nothing

Am I being fucking rused?
>>
>>71040514

Muh honor

Stupid change for no reason

She's half human, she's the daughter of Medivh who teleported to Draneor

He's the chosen one/guardian or some bullshit.

Hunting trip? Read the novelization.

Saving it for the next film

Cause it was working for the humans to escape idiot.

He didn't kill all of the Frostwolves.

Stupid change for no reason
>>
>>71040718
>>Why was Ogrim a Frostwolf?
>Easier for normies to follow, also sets up his quest to find Thrall in the 2nd movie

Ogrim is a Blackrock in the movie.
>>
>>71041161

Definitely Medivh. They have Medan together.
>>
>>71043332
>Ogrim is a Blackrock in the movie.

No he isn't.
>>
>>71040907
>>71041161
In the main warcraft storyline medivh and garona have a son that is 1/2 human, 1/4 orc, and 1/4 draenei, because she is half draenei half orc not half human half orc. Their son becomes the next guardian
>>
Is it fair to say this is the first decent movie adaptation of a videogame?
>>
enjoyed it, really want to see taurans and shit
>>
>>71038458
It was decent, I just don't really understand leaving out the burning legion. There was already so much stupid exposition, leaving that HUGE PART OF THE STORY makes no sense to me
>>
>>71043582
>I just don't really understand leaving out the burning legion.

To much for one story. There will be a prequel just about the creation of the Horde.
>>
>>71043533
No it's not.

Rachet and Clank had a movie earlier this year and it was pretty great.

Also the Tomb Raiders and Resident evil movies are ok.

Mortal combat movies are fine too in their own way.
>>
>>71043582
Do you not notice all the idiots who couldn't follow the super simple plot that we already have.

Why give them the burning legion complicating everything and adding a bunch of characters that would be mentioned but not shown.

Na they did the right thing. If they make another movie they can talk about that.

Although I think a nice subject for a future movie could be the story of Thrall, his escape from enslavement and how the Orcs and undead join the horde.

and before people act like smartasses. I'm not talking of the horde of orcs that is in Draenor, I'm talking about the horde faction that we know from the game.
>>
>>71041143
You have to be pretty fucking retarded to not understand what was going on.
>>
>>71043182
there is one. go to the movie theater
>>
>>71038458
Ive seen it yesterday. It was actually decent. The entertaining vaule was good 7/10, but the movie has some quite noticable faults. The biggest weakness of the whole movie was Garona. She felt forced in every single scene she was. Everybody instantly became best friends wirh her, for no reason, simply because it was needed to continue the story. Switching sides back and forth, yet nobody cares.

The movie would be better if she wasnt in it, or if they had stick more to her the original story.
>>
where the fuck was this nigger the whole time
>>
>>71044024
Those are p spooky, woulda loved to see them
>>
>>71044024
Aren't harvest golems neutral?
>>
File: Travel-Map-EasternKingdoms-C.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
Travel-Map-EasternKingdoms-C.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2400
>>71044024
How the fuck do you get from the Bastard Lands to the Dark Portal that quickly?
>>
>>71044210
Yea I also was confused as to how they managed to get from Blasted Land to Westfall without anyone noticing.

Cause it's after that scene in Westfall that Lothar is like huh lets go check out these weird things that are killing our men.
>>
>>71044210
To my surprise, the movie world seemed to be about as big as the game world. Which means you can travel across in literally minutes.
>>
>>71043516
A character that Blizzard doesn't even like, unless they finally introduced him in Legion
>>
Orcs are all seasoned in moving fast and shit, so there's that. And they ride the dogs of war, plus who knows what shenanigans Gul'dan might have pulled.

With the pace they are going now, it would take like three more movies for them to get up to the start of World of Warcraft. I wonder if it ever comes to that (it won't but it's good to dream), how many people will bitch about the "Star Wars ripoff" between Arthas and Uther.
>>
if you played atleast wc3 or WoW and read a bit of the story, you will enjoy

if not
its gonna be confusing af
>>
>>71044885
Nobody likes that guy. Nobody. And nobody understands why he was ever introduced. It is poor fanfiction writing, even for Blizzard standards these days and I seriously can not understand how that concept ever saw the light of day.
>>
>>71044950
>"Star Wars ripoff" between Arthas and Uther.
what
>>
>>71044979
Wow you either underestimate people's intelligence or aren't too bright yourself.
>>
Are there any Draenei
>>
>>71038539

>fun is objective

please stop posting
>>
>>71045115
Yea plenty.
>>
If only they had better writing and better actors for the human part of the movie.
>>
File: TheWarchiefs.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TheWarchiefs.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>71045115
In the very beginning, they have maybe two scenes. The one we see clearly looks pretty great, in my opinion.

>>71044950
I'm almost positive they'll need to stretch it into 4-5 movies in order to actually get everything pre-WoW.

>>71043582
There's 40 minutes of cut footage, that I'm HOPING introduces The Burning Legion, explains that Medivh was possessed since infancy, spends more time on Garona to help flesh out and explain why she became so attached to the Humans in the time she spent with them, and HOPEFULLY, my biggest hope, that they go into and explain the process of having the Orcs drink Felblood, and give some explanation as to how/why Gul'dan infused Blackhand near the end of the movie. Hopefully as a sort of temporary incantation, like a taste of it before drinking or something.

Loved this movie though, really really hoping for a second.
>>
>>71045102
a friend of mine didnt get shit, hes weird

he got angry on me for ssying chinese cartoons
>>
>>71040514

Goldshire is like a summer palace or something for the kings of Stormwind if Im not mistaken.
>>
>>71045320
Forgot to add, I hope there's a dream sequence included wherein Gul'dan communes with Sargeras. Sargeras was completely absent from the movie, despite being probably the most important player in the entire thing.
>>
>>71038539
>contrarian

It's contrarian as fuck to like it, dipshit
>>
>>71039530
>it was great for the Warcraft fans in terms of story telling

It fucking wasn't, you mong, it bastardized the First War and all the characters involved.
>>
>it's another "40 minutes of footage deemed unimportant compared to the finished product will turn this 3/10 flick into an 8/10 classic" thread
delusion
>>
>>71045320
>no Cho'gall

TRASH
>>
>>71045350
Here's how I'm going to rationalise this:

1- Your friend was very high and wasn't paying attention

2- Your friend is actually very stupid.

3- a mix of both where he's not only stupid but also wasn't paying attention.

4- If he used the words "Chinese cartoons" then he's also a meme spouting shit. If you just used it because you think you're clever then you're a meme spouting shit. I mean if you had used it on anime I'd allow it but you're using it on wester live action for some reason...

5- He is dumb and very insecure about it given that he got angry for not understanding the movie.
>>
>>71045482
Nobody said that. Also,

>Deemed unimportant by the studio, not the director

We all know by now he's upset that he didn't have final say on what did and didn't make it into the movie. It's pretty logical some helpful shit got cut, considering studios pull this shit all the time. Even then, nobody said that at all, but alright.
>>
>>71045320
>Second from right
Grom?
>>
>>71043533
No, that would be Wreck-It Ralph and Scott Pilgrim. This shitfest combines the worst trends of current-day Hollywood and it's sad but kind of obvious why it was Warcraft that took the hit.
>>
>>71045633
Yes Grom is in the movie. He even had talking scenes but it's probly in that 40 minute cut content

Kargath was in the movie too
>>
>>71045633
From left to right:

Orgrim, Kargath Bladefist, Durotan, Grommash, and Kilrogg Deadeye
>>
>>71045029
Mystical Force=The Holy Light

Promising student, strong and trained in the ways of the Light travels with his bearded mentor who trains him

Starts out good, sees some shit, and then understands that the world needs a merciless hand, the student falls to the dark side and becomes a sit- dark knight, which gives him a black armor and a pale complexion.

Fights and ultimately kills bearded badass who becomes stronger in death then the student ever could imagine (becoming pretty much the symbol of alliance and unwavering loyalty that the alliance was supposed to represent).
>>
>>71045320
>>71045694
>Orgrim
>Brown skin
fuck off with this shit
>>
>>71045707
Arthas plays out as a reverse King Arthur

The sword of destiny destroys him and his kingdom
>>
>>71045582
He's upset because his film is shit and got shit reviews.
Of course he's going to try and damage control his way out of it and claim it's not his fault, or he won't have a job in the future.

>nobody said it
It's heavily fucking implied when every time a Warcraft thread has popped up over the past week, it contains at least a dozen "If only they didn't cut 40 minutes :(" or "the director's cut will fix it!".

You are kidding yourself.
>>
>>71045734
Movie adaptation, chill the fuck out. I get it, but it'll be fine.
>>
Well, now they can do Warcraft 2 and get to the good stuff!
>>
>>71045825
It was a retarded thing in the game

Every orc, even the ones that supposedly didn't drink, had green skin until TBC with it's special snowflakes. Then it just confused the whole issue
>>
>>71038539
>matters of personal preference like whether something is good or not are "objective"

:stop /tv/:
>>
>>71038458
The first and biggest problem is that there's not a single scene devoted to resource gathering, and, even stranger, I don't know how many resources the heroes have! Some of my favorite childhood memories involve clicking on my Town Hall, clicking the "build peasant" button, waiting for about 20 seconds, then telling that peasant to mine gold or chop wood. Then I'd click on the Town Hall again and click the "build peasant" button one more time, wait for 30 more seconds, and then tell him to mine gold or chop wood. "Right, m'lord!" he'd chirp, and once more I'd click on the Town Hall and then click on the "build peasant" button. After I'd built up a few peasants, I'd run out of food and have to have a peasant build a farm so I'd have the food to build more peasants. Then I'd have another peasant build a barracks and, finally, click on that coveted "build footman" button and begin building my army. "Not enough food ... build more farms," the game would say, so I'd click on a peasant moving between the Town Hall and the Goldmine, but he'd disappear into the mine before I could get the mouse over to the "build farm" button, and I'd have to find another peasant to click on. It's a fast-paced, riveting experience, and I couldn't wait to see it re-created on-screen.
>>
>>71046873
Even if you like or dislike something one can still have an objective opinion on whether it's good or bad.

For example I dislike most horror movies but I can still tell when one is well made and one isn't.
>>
>>71047294
This is a movie about the story not the gameplay.

Nobody would watch a movie about RTS games.
>>
>>71047294
I keked and nostalgia'd
>>
The only thing I remember from this movie is the elf with the big tits
>>
>>71047294
>Copy pasta from Cracked

Uhh... nice... I guess?
>>
File: 245.jpg (80 KB, 1333x900) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
80 KB, 1333x900
>>71045694
>Orgrim, Kargath Bladefist, Durotan, Grommash, and Kilrogg Deadeye

Where is Ner'zhul? Where is Mogor the Ogre? Where is Rend and Maim Blackhand? Where is Nek'rosh Skullcrusher?
>>
>>71044210
Wyvern mounts
>>
>>71047562
>Where is Ner'zhul? Where is Mogor the Ogre? Where is Rend and Maim Blackhand? Where is Nek'rosh Skullcrusher?

All cut.
>>
$360 million world wide in its first week, this was a good movie and you plebs posing as patricians got btfo.
>>
>>71047562
Most of them will probably be introduced in the second movie
>>
>>71047688
All there, in the background, waiting for their moments. It's not like any of those had any part in the first war.
>>
File: latest.jpg (82 KB, 371x322) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
82 KB, 371x322
>>71047786
>Most of them will probably be introduced in the second movie

TERRON GOREFIEND
E
R
R
O
N
>>
Meh, I don't care what contrarians say. I fucking loved this movie, though I'm a big Warcraft fan (played since Warcraft 1 all throughout WoW).
I'm really hoping for a sequel.
>>
>>71045320
i see orgrim, durotan and grommash but are the two other orcs kargath and kilrogg?
>>
>>71047688
>Where is Mogor the Ogre? Where is Rend and Maim Blackhand? Where is Nek'rosh Skullcrusher?
who gives a fuck about those literally whos
>>
>>71047786
sad thing is it probably wont have a NA release
:(
>>
File: 367.jpg (17 KB, 684x674) Image search: [Google]
367.jpg
17 KB, 684x674
>>71047935
that would be pretty fucking based
>>
>>71039854
this. it was a piece of shit and I don't know a single person that liked it aside from the shills here
>>
Why are you all pretending like you care about the warlords of Draenor, if it weren't for the expan none of you would bat an eye at them not being there.

They aren't relevant to the story being told in the movie. And beyond that only Nerzhul is relevant but since he stayed behind there was no real need to introduce him.
>>
>>71047978
Draenei were mentioned in the first Warcraft son.
>>
>>71047978
>Why are you all pretending like you care about the warlords of Draenor,

Look at this fucking kid.

>implying I wasn't old enough to play warcraft 2 when it was fresh and new
>implying I don't remeber all of these characters for that, warcraft III, and novels.
>>
>>71048003
ok.

I don't see how that's relevant to my point but just know that I have read your message.

>>71048034
Exactly they'll be revealed in Wc3. There was no need for them now given that they stay behind anw.
>>
>>71048003
what the fuck? I don't think they were.
>>
File: Draenei.png (22 KB, 756x176) Image search: [Google]
Draenei.png
22 KB, 756x176
>>71048191
>what the fuck? I don't think they were.

In WarCraft 2 they were. Barley but if you look at the manual.
>>
>>71048280
>warcraft 2
>first warcraft

I never read the manuals when playing but fair enough. Never knew they were mentioned in wc2 either, interdasting.
>>
>>71047857
Yep.
>>
File: 1466416802780.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466416802780.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Who is this guy /tv/? What does the novel tell us?
>>
>>71048504
me
>>
It was alright. Wasn't really good, but it wasn't bad either. It kept me entertained.

Also, the lore changes didn't bother me, because Chris "EVERYTHING IS CORRUPTED" Metzen already fucked everything up in WoW.
>>
call me retarded but I thought the plot device at the end with the Kings you know what was pretty good for a sequel set up.
>>
>>71048034
>implying I don't remeber all of these characters for that, warcraft III, and novels
Yes, that is what is being implied (and is correct).
You """care""" about them because you're one of the few mentally ill addicts/early teens actually playing World of Warcraft in 2016.

Lie all you want, YOU know it's true.
>>
>>71038458
First act suffers from clumsy acting in the introduction scenes and bad editing.

Otherwise, pretty good. The finale is great.
>>
When Gul'dan was getting ready to fight Durotan and he takes off his robe, I had a very "Do you even lift bruh" vibe coming from him.
>>
>>71048504
Kilrogg Deadeye he snaps the humans neck
>>
>>71048827
it must be funto view everything as memes
>>
>>71048936
I won't lie to you friend, it really is.
>>
>>71048936
yea "fun"

memes were a mistake.
>>
I heard this movie didn't end with SW being sacked.

Wtf?
>>
>>71048936
Life is a huge meme composed of many smaller memes m8. When you realize it, you will never ever be sad again.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0f9fpwGsyg

>That fucking ragequit by the end
Yeah no the movie "critics" DOESN'T have an obvious agenda towards this movie.

Clearly
>>
>>71044451
people noticed, they were just captured or killed. The orcs took the more Northern path through Swamp of Sorrows, and took people from Redridge, Elwynn, Darkshire and Westfall, and back to the Dark Portal.
>>
>>71045694
That's not Kilrogg at the end, it's just some no-name. Kilrogg is the orc that's in that Webm of him snapping the humans neck. He's also in the beginning of the movie in Draenor
>>
>>71049263
>First point had good arguments from both sides.
I played the game and still was a little confused about the location of stuff as in how they'd go from one place to another.
>The Medivh plot point was good from the interviewer
>But the interviewer still wants the orcs to be brainless beasts and want the human to be the "good guys".
Which is not kind of childish, I mean just accept the rules of the universe dude.

>ragequit
Oh well all his credibility just went out the window right there.
What the fuck dude! Were you really that frustrated that Duncan had actual sound reasoning behind most of his decisions?
>>
>>71048504
I don't remember this scene.
>>
>>71038458
What ps2 game is this?
>>
>>71048902
>Kilrogg Deadeye he snaps the humans neck

Kilrogg has only one eye though. That orc has TWO
>>
>>71049100
>I heard this movie didn't end with SW being sacked.

Saving it for the next film
>>
>>71038458
No it wasn't.
>>
>>71049100
It's true.

All of it.
>>
>>71044210
It's a movie. Days can pass between scenes and communication may take days, even though it's a fantasy world. Just like in medieval times. People would hear news of villages get burnt or encroaching enemy military days after the event.
>>
>>71043533
No. There have still been no decent adaptions of videogames.
>>
>>71049263
That guy is a colossal douche. Director rebutted and answered every single one of his snarky questions with valid answers and that pissed him off. Nice job, asshole. Nice job.
>>
>>71038458
no it isn't. stop shilling this flick for fuck's sake /tv/. it didn't work with gods of Egypt and it won't work with Warcraft.
>>
>>71049533
>I played the game and still was a little confused about the location of stuff as in how they'd go from one place to another.

I saw LotR without ever having read the books, no idea 'where' the mountains, or the shire, or the elf city or mordor itself was in relation to anything else in the movies. Still have no idea where minas morghul is, the landscape is completely different to tirath and mordor. that doesnt at all detract from the movies though, you just (or at least, I just) accept that these are places in this world and thats where the people are now
>>
>>71051621
You're right. Actually knowing the map is what lead to my confusion. If I were a clueless viewer than all of this moving around would be normal.
>>
>>71040103
Damn it, Arthas. As my future king, order me to purge this city
>>
>>71047294
>he dosnt use hotkeys

fucking newb trash
>>
>>71039596
Where does this meme come from?

Being seeing it a lot around here.
>>
>>71038458
It's a bad movie, because it has no ending.
>>71056230
It's a Harry Potter reference, about Dumbledore's dialogue.
>>
>>71043020
how stupid do you have to be to not even follow the plot of fucking warcraft?
>>
>>71057382
Ask your whore mother.
>>
is there a list of references to the games?
like murloc, locations, etc
>>
>>71045029
Uther' WC3 model does look like Ewan McGregor.
>>
>>71038458
>>71038539
>>71038815
>>71039530
>>71039682
>>71039824
>>71039958
>>71041427
>>71047351
>>71047841
>>71048676

its bad to see the blizzdrone shills and fanboys out in such force today.

too bad their movie couldn't be all it could have been.

sorry to see you were born with such a low oxygen count in your brain.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.