[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patrician bingo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: bingo.png (38 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
bingo.png
38 KB, 480x479
Let's see how many of you big mouths are actually patrician
>>
i've sat through west of the tracks
i can develop film
i have fansubbed a film
i've seen over 2000 films
i own less than 5 crierions
that's about it
>>
>>71029281
du-hu-huuude knock it off! everyone here will have ZERO for their score!
>>
File: 1466390916467.jpg (374 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
1466390916467.jpg
374 KB, 480x479
though the movie i got thrown out of was Transporter 2

also
>owning dvd's is a bad thing
kek, whatever faggots
>>
>>71029679
>>71030438
better than I expected bros
>>
I once wrote a Film 101 paper on why Pulp Fiction is the best movie of the 90's and got an A

Am I patrician?
>>
>>71031153
post it fäm
>>
>>71030438
I've translated a movie too ... didn't know that's what 'fansubbing' was called though
>>
>>71031253
Here's a small excerpt:

Dialogue drives Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction,'' dialogue of such high quality it deserves comparison with other masters of spare, hard-boiled prose, from Raymond Chandler to Elmore Leonard. Like them, QT finds a way to make the words humorous without ever seeming to ask for a laugh. Like them, he combines utilitarian prose with flights of rough poetry and wicked fancy.

Consider a little scene not often mentioned in discussions of the film. The prizefighter Butch (Bruce Willis) has just killed a man in the ring. He returns to the motel room occupied by his girlfriend Fabienne (Maria de Medeiros). She says she's been looking in the mirror and she wants a pot belly. "You have one,'' he says, snuggling closer. "If I had one,'' she says, "I would wear a T-shirt two sizes too small, to accentuate it.'' A little later she observes, "It's unfortunate what we find pleasing to the touch and pleasing to the eye are seldom the same.''

This is wonderful dialogue (I have only sampled it). It is about something. The dialogue comes at a moment of desperation for Butch. He agreed to throw the fight, then secretly bet heavily on himself, and won. He will make a lot of money, but only if he escapes the vengeance of Marsellus Wallace (Ving Rhames) and his hit-men Jules and Vincent (Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta). In a lesser movie, the dialogue in this scene would have been entirely plot-driven; Butch would have explained to Fabienne what he, she and we already knew. Instead, Tarantino uses an apparently irrelevant conversation to quickly establish her personality and their relationship. His dialogue is always load-bearing.
>>
File: 1466390916467.jpg (224 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
1466390916467.jpg
224 KB, 480x479
Why would I want to go to Cannes? It's politicized cancer, same for Sundance.

Also, the film that was screened wasn't technically mine, I only wrote and recorded its OST. It won a local competition.
>>
>>71032059
>Why would I want to go to Cannes?
because they show premiere good movies duh
>>
File: bingo.png (36 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
bingo.png
36 KB, 480x479
>>71029281
I sat through Out 1 (both versions) in a theater, so I think that counts for more over Tie Xi Qu. Also "owning fewer than 5 Criterions" is literally bait.
>>
>>71034416
How? Out 1 is good jazzy fun and Tie Xi Qu is boring gook agitprop rubbish.
>>
>>71034416
it doesn't count more over west of the tracks imo
out 1 is great but it's filled with dialogues
west of the tracks, except for some cuts, is like a 9 hour benning film
>>
File: 1464214351354.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1464214351354.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
>>71029281
None of the above.

Top kek, gentlemen. Myself and my brethren will be here to stay.
>>
File: 1398380099550.png (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1398380099550.png
240 KB, 1920x1080
>>71029281
>seen 2000 films
lol do people actually watch movies and shows i just read Wikipedia articles and the tv guide to figure out what is happening then come here and fun post. I've started about 15 threads in the last month about movies that i've "watched". And contributed to even more threads that were already there. Some of the threads were pretty popular too.
This bingo chart may say that I'm not a patrician but i can still pretend to be one. And at the end of the day no one on here can tell the difference.
>>
>>71039553
>This bingo chart may say that I'm not a patrician but i can still pretend to be one. And at the end of the day no one on here can tell the difference.
gee, good thing film discussion is all about perceived status and not personal growth and study
>>
>>71039691
ikr i dodged a bullet.
>>
>>71029281

Nobody cares, Phil.
>>
>>71029281
Literally zero
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.