[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did I just watch? What was the point exactly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: russian-ark-poster.jpg (180 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
russian-ark-poster.jpg
180 KB, 1000x1500
What the fuck did I just watch? What was the point exactly?
>>
>>71016445
It's art you fucking pleb. You have to savor it like fine red wine.
>>
>>71016445
If you don't know Russian history it might be kind of hard to grasp
>>
Well a big one was to film the movie in the Hermitage. It was the first movie to ever do that. Also movie entirely made to look like one big tracking shot, years before Birdman.
>>
>>71016610
>entirely made to look like one big tracking shot
It wasn't made you inauthentic ignoramus, it was actually shot in one take unlike Mememan
>>
>>71016445
The major purpose is to show that Slavs, specifically Russians, aren't the uncivilized barbarians that Yuropoors make them out to be

The other cool thing about this movie is that it's all filmed in one long continuous tracking shot
>>
will the director names sounds deep and artsy. much be great.

Guessing this is a film and not a movie eh
>>
DUDE ONE TAKE LMAO

(also, it is fairly reasonable to not understand all of it if you have no real knowledge of Russian history)
>>
>>71016445
The point? It's one long ad for a museum, but what makes it cool is the Tracking Shot(tm)
>>
>>71016822
(tm)
>alt+0153™
>>
>>71016610
>years before Birdman
It's nothing like Birdman. It's done in one take, which is an immensely difficult task. Nearly broke the back of the cameraman.
Birdman just looks like one take - similar to Rope.
>>
>>71017064

bird man doesn't even look like one take though.

rope would have been one take if the technology was there
>>
>>71016594
Is this true? I want to watch it but I'm an ignorant swine, is there anything for me to enjoy purely on an aesthetic level?
>>
>>71016445
Oh, I saw this movie ages ago during my foreign literature class. Our teacher was colossal russiaboo.
>>
I thought this was great. Wish I was more versed in Russian history though, I really only knew the 20th century stuff. Nicholas II and all.
>>
>>71017670
True. Like, for example, before this movie I never heard about Siege of Leningrad. In 3 years almost 4 million people died. And we just didn't talk about it.
>>
>>71017231
>is there anything for me to enjoy purely on an aesthetic level?
oh, definitely. it's a very aesthetic movie
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.