[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone wish to discuss the greatest fillum of 2016?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: ms.jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ms.jpg
34 KB, 640x360
Anyone wish to discuss the greatest fillum of 2016?
>>
I hated it, even michael shannon didn't save this garbage
>>
>>71005476
I loved it, one of the best of 2016 imo but I feel like I'm alone in that regard.
>>
>>71005476
I bet you enjoy the films of Jonathan C. Butler.
>>
It's a slick simple scifi film

Everyone hates it cause the movie never showed what the kids showed everyone with his power.
>>
>>71005476
I was very underwhelmed by it. There was no heart or emotional resonance like in Mud and Take Shelter. Also, a bit convoluted with too many side characters that added up to nil (Sam Shepard, Paul Sparks). I hate to say it but between this and his upcoming Oscar bait movie about interracial romance, Jeff Nichols may have been exposed here.
>>
>>71005476
Every review keeps saying the ending is lackluster. Is this true?
>>
File: 1460866381936.jpg (125 KB, 363x463) Image search: [Google]
1460866381936.jpg
125 KB, 363x463
>>71005476
Sorry, but I don't watch movies with DCucks in them
>>
>>71005670
they used the same CGI metropolis from Tomorrowland.
>>
>>71005670
It straight up shows the alien world at ths end and it looks exactly like Tomorrowland. Nothing is really resolved, Shannon goes to prison, he's a shiny eye nigga like his son.
>>
I thought it was pretty underwhelming. It should have either been slower or more fleshed out, or 20% faster with more plot added. As it is it's flat for long stretches between the dramatic sections
>>
>>71005669
>There was no heart or emotional resonance
Yes, none at all. There was no emotional resonance with the mother and father having to give up their son. None at all.
>>
>>71005670
The ending is perfect.
>>
>>71005888
The mother who wasn't introduced until halfway through the movie? The father who spends half the movie yelling at his kid? Yeah I really felt for them giving up their god child.
>>
>>71005982
>The father who spends half the movie yelling at his kid?
Literally doesn't happen.
Sound like you may be autistic.
>>
It has Michael Shannon and thic Kirsten Dunst. What's not to like?
>>
>>71006060
Ok maybe not half the movie but he yells at him for a couple scenes, and seems more concerned with their escape than sharing final moments with him. Joel Edgerton should have handled the escape in the perfect movie but he was written as a hot head and incompetent for some reason.
>>
>>71005982
He's not being a dick to the boy. He's just trying to protect/discipline him. Was your daddy mean to you? I'm sure he meant well
>>
>>71006121
He is concerned with their escape as he knows it's the only chance of Alton getting where he needs to be.
>>
>>71006244
I know, but I'm just saying they should have delegated their responsibilities better.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.