[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am I the only one who liked these? Sure, story and acting was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: 215px-Silenthill3Dposter[1].jpg (27 KB, 215x319) Image search: [Google]
215px-Silenthill3Dposter[1].jpg
27 KB, 215x319
am I the only one who liked these? Sure, story and acting was shit, but felt like a live action version of a Silent Hill game.
>>
>>71004028
it's true, except for the sequel, the orginal movie was 1:1 for most parts.
>>
>>71004028
I liked the first one, the rest were shit
>>
Both are terrible. You have awful taste.
>>
File: 1442560458416.jpg (244 KB, 750x1250) Image search: [Google]
1442560458416.jpg
244 KB, 750x1250
both are shite
>>
watching now, surely its going to be better than The Godfather or the English Patient or any of those other shitty movies wannabe film critics rave about in their sleep
>>
>>71004337
same dude here
>mfw the opening sequence is already better than every Stanley Kubrick movie ever made
>>
>>71004028
So you're telling me it's shit unless I've played the video games?
>>
>>71004028

First one's actually pretty decent. The second is a giganto-crap pile that I actually saw at the dollar theater and still felt ripped off for seeing.
>>
>>71004662
You must not have been drunk enough
>>
>you will never fuck a silent hill nurse
>>
The first one is okay. It really captured the atmosphere of the game but all the performances were massively phoned-in, the camerawork was pretty amateur, and some of the effects are a bit dodgy. Solid 5/10.

The second one is probably the worst movie I've ever seen. It's an embarrassing mess.
>>
>>71004819
the chick in the second one, which I am watching right now
is hot enough to make the movie at least 6/10 by default
get over your cuckfetish for boring ass gay people movies
>>
The first is a better movie than the second, but it's a bigger offense to fans of the games because it ruins the story of Silent Hill 1, which was genuinely exceptionally good for its time. Whereas the second movie is an absolute turd, but it only ruins the story of Silent Hill 3, which was pretty bad to begin with tbqh, so its not as much of a step down.
>>
>>71004740
>you will never fuck anything
>>
File: Feelus Ex.png (128 KB, 800x812) Image search: [Google]
Feelus Ex.png
128 KB, 800x812
>>71004912
>>
>>71004884
this senpai.

Shit movie with shit story, but its basically like watching a 90 minute cosplay. She's pretty cute. too bad the actress is now fat
>>
>>71004028
>like the game

FUCK OFF.

The fact Pyramid Head or the Nurses even exist for anyone in these movies is fucking retarded and literally makes 0 sense lore wise.

Pyramid Head isnt some meme that is just some loved big cult classic character, hes extremely fucking vital and only matters in SH2 for 1 fucking person.
>>
I really want a bubble head nurse to dominate me
>>
>>71006679
>The fact Pyramid Head or the Nurses even exist for anyone in these movies is fucking retarded and literally makes 0 sense lore wise.

Its pretty well established that the plot doesn't follow the plot of the games and is only loosely inspired by it.

They made the order from someone trying to resurrect the demon god into someone trying to destroy it.
>>
>>71004899
SH3 is great though. Its story is much like 1, I mean you play as the daughter of the MC from SH1.

Plus Heather is probably one of the best female protags in gaming and acts the most normal.

>>71006843
Its really shit though, Pyramid Head is James, no James, no Pyramid Head, he doesnt exist for anyone else. Nurses were part of Harry and James and Heather for very specific reasons with plenty of lore and symbolism to go with it.

They shouldnt have just taken things, if they were inspired they should have come up with entirely new monsters and a more interesting story. Silent Hill can really be anything, yet they just took whatever from the games in a mess.
>>
File: Maria.jpg (15 KB, 800x559) Image search: [Google]
Maria.jpg
15 KB, 800x559
>tfw no crazy Maria gf
>>
>>71006933
>Its really shit though, Pyramid Head is James, no James, no Pyramid Head, he doesnt exist for anyone else. Nurses were part of Harry and James and Heather for very specific reasons with plenty of lore and symbolism to go with it.
>They shouldnt have just taken things, if they were inspired they should have come up with entirely new monsters and a more interesting story. Silent Hill can really be anything, yet they just took whatever from the games in a mess.

I already pointed out, you don't watch it for the story, its basically a high budget Silent Hill cosplay that captureres the mood and atmosphere of the games.

Also, pretty sure Pyramid Head is Valtiel. He's seen in paintings in Silent Hill homecomings so he's probably linked to the cult/history of Silent Hill in some way. Pyramid Head represents James' sadomasochistic side, his desire for suffering and pain, but its also a separate creature in its own right.
>>
>>71007332
>homecomings

I know this is /tv/ but homecomings is regarded as the WORST SH game with the worst lore.

Team Silent made 1-4, those are the only ones that matter lorewise. Its entirely established.

No, Valtiel is only for Heather and her story.

James story with Pyramid Head isnt like 1,3,4. Pyramid Head is literally James Sunderland, he is James Sunderland.
>>
>>71007466
>James story with Pyramid Head isnt like 1,3,4. Pyramid Head is literally James Sunderland, he is James Sunderland.

[citation needed]
>>
>>71007525
Well thats his symbolism, hes James guilt, his anger. The knife is the weight he carries so strongly, then you get the knife yourself as a weapon. Pyramid Heads kill Maria, just like James to his Wife. Pyramid Heads kill themselves when James gets over it.

Its never said in the game "PYRAMID HEAD IS JAMES"

Its just in that game and from James perspective, Pyramid Head was him or what he represented so strongly.
>>
File: 1430211150988.jpg (6 KB, 150x158) Image search: [Google]
1430211150988.jpg
6 KB, 150x158
>when normies tell me the SH movies are good video game movies and that they love Jacob's Ladder

The Machinist with Christian Bale is an infinitely better, proper SH movie. The main character even has a tormentor much like a Pyramid Head.
>>
>>71007696
>Pyramid Head fucks the mannequins, James wanted to fuck the nurses

It kinda makes sense
>>
File: jacobsladder.webm (449 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jacobsladder.webm
449 KB, 1280x720
>>71008036
I just watched Jacob's Ladder today, its actually good. Not amazing, but good.
>>
File: sponge.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sponge.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>71008042
everybody wants to bang those nurses
>>
File: louis.jpg (37 KB, 640x421) Image search: [Google]
louis.jpg
37 KB, 640x421
>>71008085
Jacob's Ladder is probably one of my favorite horror movies. Drenched in atmosphere, very unsettling. The ending with the agent orange text is super cheesy and kinda kills the mood, but that's my only quibble with the movie.

It's worth seeing for Louis alone.
>>
>>71004028
I enjoy the first one because it has a few really decent moments that feel like the games. The second is so terrible it reminds me of that Cradle of Filth B movie from years back.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.